Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 06:06
Jpux wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 06:01
Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 05:57
Jpux wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 05:50
is freen's acting really that bad?from what i read from here her acting is really that bad?
She's better than the likes of Becky, Engfa and Charlotte at least, i'll give her that. Overall her acting is bad.
i agree about becky,engfa and charlotte and the only one i can finish GAP is because freen's acting so i really don't know if people in here thinking her acting is bad but yes maybe my standart is so low.
Freen's acting isn't bad. It's not great but for a first role she did well. People on here are blinded by what they're doing irl and can't even look at the show objectively anymore.
the script didn't help either. Becky's character is literally dumb and those dialogues between 25-30 year olds saying things like ''you say you don't want me to go, but I know when you say no it actually means Yes, so I'm leaving'' lol

Reactions:

Re: Queerbaiting

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 16:56
I feel bad for the shippers. At first I thought they're naive but looking at what these girl's have been doing..they are deceiving them on every level possible, so that you can't help but wonder what if. I've looked into love teams and it's safe to say that the Gap one is the craziest there's been so far. Then these two even go on a live and say they love their fans and love is love blabla. New level of queerbaiting and I hope when the truth comes out people won't fall for it the next time.
The shippers are literally brainwashed. You can't try to reason with them anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 16:58
Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 06:06
Jpux wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 06:01
Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 05:57
Jpux wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 05:50
is freen's acting really that bad?from what i read from here her acting is really that bad?
She's better than the likes of Becky, Engfa and Charlotte at least, i'll give her that. Overall her acting is bad.
i agree about becky,engfa and charlotte and the only one i can finish GAP is because freen's acting so i really don't know if people in here thinking her acting is bad but yes maybe my standart is so low.
Freen's acting isn't bad. It's not great but for a first role she did well. People on here are blinded by what they're doing irl and can't even look at the show objectively anymore.
the script didn't help either. Becky's character is literally dumb and those dialogues between 25-30 year olds saying things like ''you say you don't want me to go, but I know when you say no it actually means Yes, so I'm leaving'' lol
There were not a single reason the characters should be in love (like it was stated they were) at all. They didn't even talk. The compiled scenes where they used slow motion and romantic music to create the illusion of chemistry and thought they did something revolutionary

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When I started watching some videos of them on tiktok I really thought they were into each other. I personally think both are bi, I also think they may have developed a crush on each other, but after following them for a while I'm pretty sure they're two best friends who trully love each other. Like, that girl Becky it's so childish that it is impossible to imagine her in a romantic relationship with anyone.
she likes to be treated like a baby and has the typical feeling of possession towards Freen that has nothing to do with anything romantic, it's more like an obsession with being taken care of by freen and with not allowing Freen to develop that kind of relationship with anyone else.

As for Freen, I still think she's bi but she totally sees Becky as a little girl, she likes to take care of her and she really loves her but I think they have 0 sexual chemistry, regardless of how they kissed in the series. And yes, freen looks really into making as much as money as possible right now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 17:09
When I started watching some videos of them on tiktok I really thought they were into each other. I personally think both are bi, I also think they may have developed a crush on each other, but after following them for a while I'm pretty sure they're two best friends who trully love each other. Like, that girl Becky it's so childish that it is impossible to imagine her in a romantic relationship with anyone.
she likes to be treated like a baby and has the typical feeling of possession towards Freen that has nothing to do with anything romantic, it's more like an obsession with being taken care of by freen and with not allowing Freen to develop that kind of relationship with anyone else.

As for Freen, I still think she's bi but she totally sees Becky as a little girl, she likes to take care of her and she really loves her but I think they have 0 sexual chemistry, regardless of how they kissed in the series. And yes, freen looks really into making as much as money as possible right now
I mean their sexuality really doesn't matter. I have seen some posts that kind of prove Freen could be bi, but who cares if she's selling an imaginary relationship? It's even worse if she's actually bi, because she'd be deceiving her own community. She will get as much money as she can out of this and then leave. I doubt she'll be successful after that tho. All the people who disband from a love team say how stupid it was but only after they made millions off their fans. Craziness.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I mean this is probably controversial take but I agree with Freen being bi. Aside the queerbait with Becky she has hinted at liking girls a few times. When someone asked on live if she liked girls or boys she outright said she likes all. She didn't even went with the gender doesn't matter answer, she literally said both. And maybe she is dating a woman atp but I really don't think it's Becky.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 17:17
Guest wrote:

I mean this is probably controversial take but I agree with Freen being bi. Aside the queerbait with Becky she has hinted at liking girls a few times. When someone asked on live if she liked girls or boys she outright said she likes all. She didn't even went with the gender doesn't matter answer, she literally said both. And maybe she is dating a woman atp but I really don't think it's Becky.
Nah, I dont think she is dating anybody right now, what she said in that interview was 100% about -becky, she just said she found a person, she said in the past she asked for too much or received very little but now she found someone who is in the middle, all the words she used to describe that person can easily point to becky, but in the future, when one of them starts a romantic relationship with another person, they will say that they never said they had a relationship with each other, that Becky is simply her person and that they will always have each other, which is relatively true. Also that interview was rarely edited and parts are obviously missing. For me it was a bit queerbaiting but she has never said that she is not single right now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 17:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nah, I dont think she is dating anybody right now, what she said in that interview was 100% about -becky, she just said she found a person, she said in the past she asked for too much or received very little but now she found someone who is in the middle, all the words she used to describe that person can easily point to becky, but in the future, when one of them starts a romantic relationship with another person, they will say that they never said they had a relationship with each other, that Becky is simply her person and that they will always have each other, which is relatively true. Also that interview was rarely edited and parts are obviously missing. For me it was a bit queerbaiting but she has never said that she is not single right now.
Doesn't matter if she didn't explicitly said she's dating. She knows everyone will believe that her and Becky are together after she gave that interview. It's all very smart and careful queerbaiting with a way out for her if people do ever ask her about her relationship. It's honestly the perfect way to keep fans engaged now that the show has ended. They're very good at this I must admit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 17:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Doesn't matter if she didn't explicitly said she's dating. She knows everyone will believe that her and Becky are together after she gave that interview. It's all very smart and careful queerbaiting with a way out for her if people do ever ask her about her relationship. It's honestly the perfect way to keep fans engaged now that the show has ended. They're very good at this I must admit.
At first I thought she was dating someone else and she gave that interview because she was dumb. But then they started to hint the person she was talking about being Becky and I analyzed how the interview and everything they did after seemed like a planned way to queerbait people and I was shocked. They must be getting so much money right now to make such an effort to mislead people

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

From what I've seen from Becky, she is into girls for sure. And she had or has a crush on this older girl that looks like Freen lol they ysed to call each other baby and asking to travel together cause they missed each other. It's all there. I won't share cause people will make the girl's life another living hell. But yeah. Plus Becky's old tweets like "who will be my Juliet?" Or the talk she had wit her family, or her brother saying NO CHANCE for a bf and on and on.. Becky is into girls. Period.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So... the asylum is closed and the stans are here to defend one or another and they don't even realize that they are all stupid, crazy and blind. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

she just called becky ''sister'' again today, she didn't use the Thai word shippers say has several meanings, she used the word sister. I'm telling you, not everything is planned, maybe she truly feel Becky is her person, maybe she thought saying that was a sweet love declaration to a friend.
I don't think they're dumb and I know they know people think they're a couple and Freen has already tasted what it's like to piss off the shippers when they found out she had a boyfriend while she was ''flirting'' with Becky in December 2022 but I really don't I think it's all a plan to get money from people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

she just called becky ''sister'' again today, she didn't use the Thai word shippers say has several meanings, she used the word sister. I'm telling you, not everything is planned, maybe she truly feel Becky is her person, maybe she thought saying that was a sweet love declaration to a friend.
I don't think they're dumb and I know they know people think they're a couple and Freen has already tasted what it's like to piss off the shippers when they found out she had a boyfriend while she was ''flirting'' with Becky in December 2022 but I really don't I think it's all a plan to get money from people.
Nah it's all planned. She is throwing the sister word in there a few times, so she can save herself when they get exposed. In the same live stream she wrote "kiss kiss" that tells you enough. They can be good friends I don't doubt that but these stares, fake touches etc. are all planned to keep people guessing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The thing is even friendship seems forced when you have to go on live and say the nice things you did for your friend. When you are a celebrity you can manipulate your image in any way you want. Kpop star do it all the time. When they are in a group they always make you believe they never fight and they are the best friends in the world.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Freen is the queen of queerbaiting. She admited she is with someone now and next day she described the person a 100% like Becky so people would believe it's Becky but keeps calling Becky sister to make sure if one day people find out she is with someone else they won't say she lied cause she always said they're sis lmaooooooo
Bite and blow like a pro!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:04
The thing is even friendship seems forced when you have to go on live and say the nice things you did for your friend. When you are a celebrity you can manipulate your image in any way you want. Kpop star do it all the time. When they are in a group they always make you believe they never fight and they are the best friends in the world.
I love when shippers say ''The had a private dinner blah blah blha and when only found out because X said it on a interview'' like girl.... :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Yes, spot on. The girls are genuine towards each other from the beginning. But is not romantic love. Some time back under those circumstances, sure they have developed crush on each other. One might have led the other on.
Both are so different from each other in a way that doesn't complement at all. I mean, cuteness can only go so far right? But as time went by, one got tired and met someone and fell in love with because he has qualities she admire and they have common interests. So she decided to choose the artsy boyfriend and be with him.

I think is because of all these ambiguity and not being truthful that upset some people. Being marketed as loveteam and taking advantage of popularity n making loads of money. Some people want to expose this queerbait. Whether intended or unintended consequences, it angers people. If they had just done a promo tour of the series n as MS instead of FB , then it is not so bad. But frankly, all the fans are just into FB. That is the problem.

Loving someone and being in love with someone is two different thing. People need to understand that. And because some people are not aware of Thai culture, i have followed some Thai female stars or influencers for quite some years, they r total straight girls. But they are always very touchy with their close female friends. They kiss, they hug, they touch each other, they flirt, they express their love for each other. Some of these women are already married with kids. They can also make effort n fly to other countries to meet up to spend time tgt. But that doesn't mean is having affair or mean anything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:05
Freen is the queen of queerbaiting. She admited she is with someone now and next day she described the person a 100% like Becky so people would believe it's Becky but keeps calling Becky sister to make sure if one day people find out she is with someone else they won't say she lied cause she always said they're sis lmaooooooo
She is smart because she keeps being vague and backtracking enough not to be responsible for it when they get exposed. She is great at playing victim too. She retweeted some dumb shit about labes, got called out by thai lgbt folks and all out nowhere her "mentor" was on live showing their "private" messages of how sad she was

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
x2 They do the perfect push and pull. The gap thread turned bipolar because one day everyone believes they're dating, then the next they believe they're only friends who do fanservice.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I read somewhere the same chinese group who exposed F's ex is preparing now to expose Becky and they have a lot on her lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She literally has a bachelor degree in PR

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:08
Guest wrote:

Yes, spot on. The girls are genuine towards each other from the beginning. But is not romantic love. Some time back under those circumstances, sure they have developed crush on each other. One might have led the other on.
Both are so different from each other in a way that doesn't complement at all. I mean, cuteness can only go so far right? But as time went by, one got tired and met someone and fell in love with because he has qualities she admire and they have common interests. So she decided to choose the artsy boyfriend and be with him.

I think is because of all these ambiguity and not being truthful that upset some people. Being marketed as loveteam and taking advantage of popularity n making loads of money. Some people want to expose this queerbait. Whether intended or unintended consequences, it angers people. If they had just done a promo tour of the series n as MS instead of FB , then it is not so bad. But frankly, all the fans are just into FB. That is the problem.

Loving someone and being in love with someone is two different thing. People need to understand that. And because some people are not aware of Thai culture, i have followed some Thai female stars or influencers for quite some years, they r total straight girls. But they are always very touchy with their close female friends. They kiss, they hug, they touch each other, they flirt, they express their love for each other. Some of these women are already married with kids. They can also make effort n fly to other countries to meet up to spend time tgt. But that doesn't mean is having affair or mean anything.
Are you talking about someone in particular? Because neither of them has been close enough to a man to be able to confirm that they have a boyfriend, even on twitter they are trying to confirm that freen is dating the director of the series (a 40 year old divorced man) because you can see his nail in a story.
I personally still think that with the amount of work they have they are single and freen's interview was 100% talking about becky and she has never confirmed that she is in a relationship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:17
I read somewhere the same chinese group who exposed F's ex is preparing now to expose Becky and they have a lot on her lol
Source?

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Lol that's gonna be interesting considering the fact that she's not scared to speak up unlike the other one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
At most I suppose that Becky had partners in the United Kingdom, but in Thailand I don't think so, it seems that her mother has been quite strict with the issue of not having a partner before the age of 20, and also the girl does not leave the house and she herself has said that almost all her friends are outside of Thailand.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:22
Guest wrote:
At most I suppose that Becky had partners in the United Kingdom, but in Thailand I don't think so, it seems that her mother has been quite strict with the issue of not having a partner before the age of 20, and also the girl does not leave the house and she herself has said that almost all her friends are outside of Thailand.
That's what she is telling you lmao
The way she is following so many BL actors and they follow her back and the fact that we know most of the BL actors are not only straight but homophobic...hmmmm

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:22
Guest wrote:
Lol that's gonna be interesting considering the fact that she's not scared to speak up unlike the other one.
Exactly. And I doubt they have real evidences. Must be manips and shits so they can attack her now lol

Sentry
Reactions: 129

Post by Sentry »

edit: I've spoken to another mod about this. For now all content for GAP, Becky, Freen, and relating to that will go to the GAP thread. That is where you should be posting. That is the only place you should be posting. If it falls out of the GAP thread rules then it is to be taken out of TLC. Go to twitter or somewhere else.
1 Image
I am not an Administrator. Please contact those in the group 'Administrator' for account-related questions.

For ban overturns contact me in a DM on here or Discord. You must provide an IP address for any bans to be looked at.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How come GAP, Becky, Freen are the only ones getting filtered? Lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sentry
Make I ask kindly and with much consternation to please allow the Mamamoo posters discuss queerbaiting here. Whenever they bring the Mamamoo thread it is literally pages upon pages of arguing. It makes it impossible for this of us who want to enjoy the thread in peace. There is multiple music releases and tv appearances and we can’t even discuss them. The thread is literally unusable. It has become queerbaiting 2.0

We just want our thread back. We want to be able to talk properly about the group and their activities. But we cannot. People have to wade through pages and are just not bothering and leave.

I beg of you. I implore you. Allow the queerbaiting discussion enthusiasts back here. So we can use our thread again. Please and thank you kindly

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 09:30
Sentry
Make I ask kindly and with much consternation to please allow the Mamamoo posters discuss queerbaiting here. Whenever they bring the Mamamoo thread it is literally pages upon pages of arguing. It makes it impossible for this of us who want to enjoy the thread in peace. There is multiple music releases and tv appearances and we can’t even discuss them. The thread is literally unusable. It has become queerbaiting 2.0

We just want our thread back. We want to be able to talk properly about the group and their activities. But we cannot. People have to wade through pages and are just not bothering and leave.

I beg of you. I implore you. Allow the queerbaiting discussion enthusiasts back here. So we can use our thread again. Please and thank you kindly
Sorry may I add, if this is not possible can you please ask a mod to tell the posters on Mamamoo thread to take queerbaiting discussion elsewhere from l chat so we can enjoy and use the thread to actually discuss group activities

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is why queerbaiting upsets me, those who spend their day fetishizing het Asian women always pick and choose. Why obsess over straight women who often end up being homophobic and give them your money but never acknowledge those who are out and need our support? This poor girl's life was turned to hell for coming out as bi and all those who lose their shit over Kpop don't even spare her a glance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 09:36
This is why queerbaiting upsets me, those who spend their day fetishizing het Asian women always pick and choose. Why obsess over straight women who often end up being homophobic and give them your money but never acknowledge those who are out and need our support? This poor girl's life was turned to hell for coming out as bi and all those who lose their shit over Kpop don't even spare her a glance.
The way this is how real lgbt artists are struggling while there are people making fortune because they do gay fanservice :((( fucked up world

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 09:42
Guest wrote:
The way this is how real lgbt artists are struggling while there are people making fortune because they do gay fanservice :((( fucked up world
She has been getting hate none stop from men and no agency would sign her and our community is busy making fake straight women into millionaires. This proves that it's not about representation as they claim, it's some other deeper mental issue of worshipping colonizers that should be studied.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 09:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
She has been getting hate none stop from men and no agency would sign her and our community is busy making fake straight women into millionaires. This proves that it's not about representation as they claim, it's some other deeper mental issue of worshipping colonizers that should be studied.
I have actually realized a big part of the audience of GLs are not part of the community at all. Same with kpop stans who like fanservice. We kind of get dragged into this mess a lot of the times.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 09:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I have actually realized a big part of the audience of GLs are not part of the community at all. Same with kpop stans who like fanservice. We kind of get dragged into this mess a lot of the times.
Yeah it's always been pretty obvious to me majority of the stans who go on about fanservice and ships and idols being gay are straight. What's odd is you'd come across so many of these straight girls who are fans of a female idol make gay jokes and ship but two seconds later say something mildly homophobic and act as if the idea of anyone including that idol being gay for real is so aburd. So when that idol who is straight is joking about being gay and so are the majority of the fans who are also straight, women and men alike, it's a really isolating feeling to actually be gay in that fandom space. I don't know how any lesbian can stay a fan of kpop when it's so homophobic all around and it's just so obvious it's not meant for us, we are the laughing stock.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
This is just so sad. The way she said somebody help me. We really live in a cruel world

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 10:10
Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 09:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah it's always been pretty obvious to me majority of the stans who go on about fanservice and ships and idols being gay are straight. What's odd is you'd come across so many of these straight girls who are fans of a female idol make gay jokes and ship but two seconds later say something mildly homophobic and act as if the idea of anyone including that idol being gay for real is so aburd. So when that idol who is straight is joking about being gay and so are the majority of the fans who are also straight, women and men alike, it's a really isolating feeling to actually be gay in that fandom space. I don't know how any lesbian can stay a fan of kpop when it's so homophobic all around and it's just so obvious it's not meant for us, we are the laughing stock.
Realizing this is liberating. Mainstream media will never be for us. We should focus on supporting artists like jiae instead of begging for crumbs in a straight dominated industry

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
That’s awful. The posters who disparage this topic and joke that they don’t need saving are in denial about reality.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Lmao this is how I know you know nothing of Jiae

I was a fan of Jiae back when she was still in her KPOP group Wassup! Back then she was closeted and she engaged in huge amounts of what you all here call ‘queerbaiting’ which was essentially just fanservice, a normal part of the kpop industry

Would it have been fair back then for you to call her queerbaiter. When she was just a closeted woman and couldn’t be who she was openly, but most certainly enjoyed being able to be herself in those little moments of fanservice. If you called her a queerbaiter back then she would be disgusted by you.

And don’t come to me with questions about support, because unlike you all only giving a shit now I was there when Jiae came out. I was there leaving her positive comments, helping her crowdfund for her album, buying her album multiple times on every platform, streaming it every day

Back when Jiae was closeted and in her KPOP group she wasn’t a queerbaiter for engaging in fanservice with her members, she was a closeted human being, like many other of these idols

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Queerbaiting accusations will always be ridiculous for people who are closeted because of how fucking hard it is to be open in their country

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 14:03
Guest wrote:

I was a fan of Jiae back when she was still in her KPOP group Wassup! Back then she was closeted and she engaged in huge amounts of what you all here call ‘queerbaiting’ which was essentially just fanservice, a normal part of the kpop industry

Would it have been fair back then for you to call her queerbaiter. When she was just a closeted woman and couldn’t be who she was openly, but most certainly enjoyed being able to be herself in those little moments of fanservice. If you called her a queerbaiter back then she would be disgusted by you.

And don’t come to me with questions about support, because unlike you all only giving a shit now I was there when Jiae came out. I was there leaving her positive comments, helping her crowdfund for her album, buying her album multiple times on every platform, streaming it every day

Back when Jiae was closeted and in her KPOP group she wasn’t a queerbaiter for engaging in fanservice with her members, she was a closeted human being, like many other of these idols
But this is exactly how it works, isn't It? When the general public was under the impression that her "acting gay" was a joke they were fine with it. As soon as she came out she started to get horrible hate and her career tanked. You can be gay as long as it's just pretend

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 14:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

But this is exactly how it works, isn't It? When the general public was under the impression that her "acting gay" was a joke they were fine with it. As soon as she came out she started to get horrible hate and her career tanked. You can be gay as long as it's just pretend
No here is what you don’t understand. Fanservice is a huge thing in Korea both straight and gay. There is also heavy heterosexual flirting between variety show members as fanservice but the audience knows it isn’t real. It’s just fanservice for the audience. There is even whole love teams of comedians and people know they’re not really together. Straight or gay. It’s just cultural.

And even asiste from all that YOU don’t know if the celebrity who is closeted is enjoying that fanservice because it allows them to be themselves regardless of what the audience thinks

jpop idols who came out as bi was talking about this a few years ago. She said she enjoyed the fanservice the most because it allowed her to explore and then be herself even when she couldn’t publicly

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 14:08
Queerbaiting accusations will always be ridiculous for people who are closeted because of how fucking hard it is to be open in their country
You cannot deny that queerbaiting is an issue even if pointing fingers at specific people and calling them queerbaiters can cause more harm than good. Nearly every idol queerbaits and obviously that doesn't reflect lgb demographics so some will turn out to indeed be queerbaiters. Are queerbaiting accusations still so ridiculous when that idol has been simultaneously homophobic or otherwise made it abundantly clear they are straight? Waving that away and saying they're all closeting is naïve at best and turning a blind eye at worst.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Thanks for sharing. I sure these queerbaiting accusers would have called rumors about Kristen Stewart or Cara Delevigne delusional if they haven't come out yet, but they're probably gen z babies, so what do they know?

They only want out people to be excempt from their queerbaiting accusations, but look at this woman, her career and mental health are now suffering because as a result of her coming out, and they still prefer that over her queerbaiting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The entire point is we don’t know. We don’t know who is closeting and who isn’t. So that’s why I will never accuse someone of queerbaiting unless I know them personally because I will not mistakenly call someone who is closeted and using this one avenue to expressing themselves freely a heinous term like that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 14:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No here is what you don’t understand. Fanservice is a huge thing in Korea both straight and gay. There is also heavy heterosexual flirting between variety show members as fanservice but the audience knows it isn’t real. It’s just fanservice for the audience. There is even whole love teams of comedians and people know they’re not really together. Straight or gay. It’s just cultural.

And even asiste from all that YOU don’t know if the celebrity who is closeted is enjoying that fanservice because it allows them to be themselves regardless of what the audience thinks

jpop idols who came out as bi was talking about this a few years ago. She said she enjoyed the fanservice the most because it allowed her to explore and then be herself even when she couldn’t publicly
I honestly think real lgbt celebrities in conservative countries are very afraid to be affectionate with their real partners in real life.Or do you think queer kpop idols are dating their bandmates? Saying fanservice is a way for gay/bi people to be free or themselves is a crazy stretch for me, sorry

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 14:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Thanks for sharing. I sure these queerbaiting accusers would have called rumors about Kristen Stewart or Cara Delevigne delusional if they haven't come out yet, but they're probably gen z babies, so what do they know?

They only want out people to be excempt from their queerbaiting accusations, but look at this woman, her career and mental health are now suffering because as a result of her coming out, and they still prefer that over her queerbaiting.
Exactly

They want people to come out to not be called queerbaiter, no matter how it fucks up their lives. The other week Jiae posted her girls friend and had to take the pictures down because of how horrible the comments were. She talks about how she has suffered. She crowdfunded her album because no company wanted to touch her. Maybe there are days she longs for that time she could be hiding again , and I would never blame her for it

But her back then was not a queerbaiter, she was a closeted person enjoying some semblance of peace in this industry. Other idols who are closeted are not queerbaiters either, whether or not they engage in fanservice

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 14:27
Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 14:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I honestly think real lgbt celebrities in conservative countries are very afraid to be affectionate with their real partners in real life.Or do you think queer kpop idols are dating their bandmates? Saying fanservice is a way for gay/bi people to be free or themselves is a crazy stretch for me, sorry
But this is simply not true

Jiae who’s post you quoted is proof of that. She was closeted and engaged in large amounts of fanservice. So did that jpop idol. Saying real gay/bi people wouldn’t engage in fanservice is simply not true. There are other examples from very small groups, including two male idols who dated each other. All engaging in fanservice. Because it’s normal in the kpop industry. Because the audience is heteronormative and people could fuck in the street and audiences will still think they’re straight

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 14:25
The entire point is we don’t know. We don’t know who is closeting and who isn’t. So that’s why I will never accuse someone of queerbaiting unless I know them personally because I will not mistakenly call someone who is closeted and using this one avenue to expressing themselves freely a heinous term like that
"We don't know"
Except many times the answer is right in front of you but it is excused as "bearding", "lying", "overcompensating" and as a last resort "they're bi!"