RIP Twitter?

Reactions:

RIP Twitter?

Post by Guest »

Hundreds of employees say no to being part of Elon Musk’s ‘extremely hardcore’ Twitter | Nov 11, 2022

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/17/234 ... e-deadline

Hundreds of Twitter’s remaining employees have resigned ahead of Elon Musk’s “extremely hardcore” cultural reset of the company, according to internal Slack messages seen by The Verge and employee tweets.

The fresh purge of Twitter’s ranks comes after Musk recently fired dozens of employees who criticized or mocked him in tweets and internal messages. Musk then set a deadline of 5PM ET on Thursday for all employees to respond “yes” on in Google form if they want to stay for what he is calling “Twitter 2.0;” otherwise, today would be their final day of work and they would receive a severance package. After the deadline hit, hundreds of employees quickly started posting farewell messages and salute emojis in Twitter’s Slack, announcing that they had said no to Musk’s ultimatum.

Twitter had roughly 2,900 remaining employees before the deadline Thursday, thanks to Musk unceremoniously laying off about half of the 7,500-person workforce when he took over and the resignations that followed. Remaining and departing Twitter employees told The Verge that, given the scale of the resignations this week, they expect the platform to start breaking soon. One said that they’ve watched “legendary engineers” and others they look up to leave one by one.

“It feels like all the people who made this place incredible are leaving,” the Twitter staffer said. “It will be extremely hard for Twitter to recover from here, no matter how hardcore the people who remain try to be.”

“I have worked here at Twitter for over 11 years,” wrote another in Twitter’s Slack. “Back in July, I was the 27th most tenured employee at the company. Now I’m the 15th.”

“I’m not pressing the button,” another posted in Slack. “My watch ends with Twitter 1.0. I do not wish to be part of Twitter 2.0”
Related: Musk Warns Twitter Bankruptcy Possible as Senior Executives Exit | Nov 10, 2022

Looks like Twitter isn't long for the world, y'all. Make your peace, and make plans. If there's anyone of note that you're following, check if they're on any other platforms before Twitter disappears into the ether.

Also, if there are any fav pics/gifs/videos you can think, may want to save them now.

Reactions:

Re: RIP Twitter?

Post by Guest »

:byewhore:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So where are we going next?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 01:45
Most people will prob go to IG.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 01:49
Guest wrote:
IG is no substitute for Twitter. Like, at all. Can't engage with other users the same way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 01:49
Guest wrote:
Da probably back to tumblr

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

People seem to be moving to both Tumblr and Mastodon and using them both for different things.

About the staff, I would have thought they'd be better off forcing him to fire them?

.JPG
Reactions: 14

Post by .JPG »

Think I'm going to head to the fan art thread and make some backups. Priorities, ladies. Priorities.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Non-technical people will not use this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I assume lots of lesbian twitter will go back to tumblr. Let's just hope they dont remember THIS place! :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think that evil idiot elon only bought twitter to destroy it. He is the biggest troll. :ragee:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 02:08
I think that evil idiot elon only bought twitter to destroy it. He is the biggest troll. :ragee:
He tried very hard to back out of going through with it, so I don't think so. The effects are ultimately the same though, so I don't blame anyone for wondering.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is like when they closed the mental institutions...they'll probably flock to Reddit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

With the way he runs twitter, it makes you wonder how his other businesses survive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 02:17
With the way he runs twitter, it makes you wonder how his other businesses survive.
I heard some stories about spaceX, the US government had to bail it out several times which said a lot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Yeah I think that was obvious.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 02:17
With the way he runs twitter, it's no wonder his other businesses thrive.
:P Maybe it's just me but I open the app, it works and when I'm done I close it. I'm a simple anon :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol, i hope that clown gets sued to mars for all the stupid shit he caused since he took over.
peace out twitter

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Twitter thread v
viewtopic.php?p=1855692

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wish I was a billionaire so I could burn down 44 billion dollars in a month just like this :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tweet by @ZoeSchiffer:
NEW: The designers leading Elon Musk’s Blue verified project are out, along with the lead web engineer. Many Twitter employees who maintained critical infrastructure have resigned. This is going to look like a very different company tomorrow.

Time: 8:14PM - Nov 17, 2022
@ZoeSchiffer info: Managing Editor @platformer (https://www.platformer.news/)

Send tips: [email protected] & 805-699-5607 on Signal.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 02:13
This is like when they closed the mental institutions...they'll probably flock to Reddit.
Yeah but they were already both on Twitter and Reddit (filled with that kind of ppl).
Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 01:56
People seem to be moving to both Tumblr and Mastodon and using them both for different things.
Good! Back to ghettos where they belong to.
Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 02:00
I assume lots of lesbian twitter will go back to tumblr. Let's just hope they dont remember THIS place! :rofl:
Ditto! Ghetto trash (lots of those belonging to 'lesbian twitter' are not sane and downright - their fave word - toxic) going back to where they belong! Adieu!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
He did not buy it to destroy it. He was forced to buy it because he screwed up due to his arrogance. Musk had some stock and wanted to be a board member. He was rejected as a board member. He began posting how he was going to buy it so twitter could have freedom of speech. The board said okay we will sell it to you for $ 44 billion. That is way over the highest valuation. That is even higher than the market cap. Musk felt he was being mocked and signed a contract that had an out of a billion. Musk was saving face and figured he would make up a reason Twitter had acted in bad faith whereupon at worst he would get out of the deal only losing a billion. Yes, he was so full of himself he figured losing billion was fine if it meant pandering to his followers for awhile and not looking like a chump to them. But more so he thought he could find a claim that got him completely out of the contract. He also figured if he was sued he could get a jury and they would side with him due to his fame.

Unsurprisingly Musk reneged on the offer a few weeks later saying that there were more bots than he was made aware of. The only problem is the contract did not have number of users - let alone actual number of users - as one of the ways Musk could void the contract. Musk went on social media making his case. Twitter did not care as the board and top employees of Twitter would make a killing. Instead they sued Musk in the Delaware Court of Chancery. That is a litigation court and there are no juries. It is Judges reading paperwork and making their decision solely therein.

Before the trial, Musk was advised by the Judge to be prepared to pay the full price. Musk tried to delay the trial saying he would work out a much lower cost. Valuation was $ 25 billion at best and, realizing he was screwed, he made that offer. Twitter said no. Musk realized days before the trial he had no chance of getting the amount lowered. In a final saving face attempt, he said he would buy it after all. But basically he was just stuck with the original contract. Musk went to several banks, most prominently Bank of America, to take out loans so he could pay the $ 44 billion. He also had to sell Tesla stock.

He now was stuck with Twitter and had no way of paying the bills. The valuation is currently around 11 billion and dropping quick. Since Twitter is a social media site, there are only two ways to make money - advertisers and making users pay. Advertisers began leaving after the site became inundated with bigoted rhetoric. Musk figured how about charge users $ 8.00. Yet that could only make a few million dollars at best.

Musk is basically fucked because he couldn't stand being told no. He is having to sell Tesla stock to cover Twitter expenses. That is causing Tesla stock to drop rapidly. There is also talk he will be using stock sells from SpaceX to cover his losses. He is hyping sales to Nasa but the latest was 1.5 billion. Musk has lot 92 billion in about a month.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 02:58
I wish I was a billionaire so I could burn down 44 billion dollars in a month just like this :nervous:
Except it's not his money he is burning, it's the banks money. He borrowed to buy Twitter and he put his Tesla stock as guaranty. So if twitter DOES crash, he'll be forced to sell Tesla stock to pay up. And if he does that, the Tesla stock will collapse as well because that is what happens when you sell in a panic. The price falls.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 01:59

:unsure:

You somehow answered my question in another thread. Thanks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:blinkwide:
Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:22
Guest wrote:
He did not buy it to destroy it. He was forced to buy it because he screwed up due to his arrogance. Musk had some stock and wanted to be a board member. He was rejected as a board member. He began posting how he was going to buy it so twitter could have freedom of speech. The board said okay we will sell it to you for $ 44 billion. That is way over the highest valuation. That is even higher than the market cap. Musk felt he was being mocked and signed a contract that had an out of a billion. Musk was saving face and figured he would make up a reason Twitter had acted in bad faith whereupon at worst he would get out of the deal only losing a billion. Yes, he was so full of himself he figured losing billion was fine if it meant pandering to his followers for awhile and not looking like a chump to them. But more so he thought he could find a claim that got him completely out of the contract. He also figured if he was sued he could get a jury and they would side with him due to his fame.

Unsurprisingly Musk reneged on the offer a few weeks later saying that there were more bots than he was made aware of. The only problem is the contract did not have number of users - let alone actual number of users - as one of the ways Musk could void the contract. Musk went on social media making his case. Twitter did not care as the board and top employees of Twitter would make a killing. Instead they sued Musk in the Delaware Court of Chancery. That is a litigation court and there are no juries. It is Judges reading paperwork and making their decision solely therein.

Before the trial, Musk was advised by the Judge to be prepared to pay the full price. Musk tried to delay the trial saying he would work out a much lower cost. Valuation was $ 25 billion at best and, realizing he was screwed, he made that offer. Twitter said no. Musk realized days before the trial he had no chance of getting the amount lowered. In a final saving face attempt, he said he would buy it after all. But basically he was just stuck with the original contract. Musk went to several banks, most prominently Bank of America, to take out loans so he could pay the $ 44 billion. He also had to sell Tesla stock.

He now was stuck with Twitter and had no way of paying the bills. The valuation is currently around 11 billion and dropping quick. Since Twitter is a social media site, there are only two ways to make money - advertisers and making users pay. Advertisers began leaving after the site became inundated with bigoted rhetoric. Musk figured how about charge users $ 8.00. Yet that could only make a few million dollars at best.

Musk is basically fucked because he couldn't stand being told no. He is having to sell Tesla stock to cover Twitter expenses. That is causing Tesla stock to drop rapidly. There is also talk he will be using stock sells from SpaceX to cover his losses. He is hyping sales to Nasa but the latest was 1.5 billion. Musk has lot 92 billion in about a month.
:blinkwide: He seems fcked ty for the info

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why did they sell it to that piece of shit in the first time?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:28
Guest wrote:

Oke... <_<
Yeah there is no way mastodon the answer. The whole seeing dm or info is not great but the fact that you could lose everything because owner of the server's backup sucks is ass though.

I have no experience so can anyone tell me about discord

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:43
The price was too good to pass up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:35
:blinkwide:
Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:22
Guest wrote:

:blinkwide: He seems fcked ty for the info
Is this the begining of the end of Elon Musk -- potentially brought down by a heady combination of arrogance and hubris? :rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Mastodon is WAY easier to set up than any of the descriptions make it look.

- You join a server to get started. It doesn't actually really matter which one.

- You follow people the same way you did with Twitter, note that they don't have to be on the same server or anything, and you can search by name. But think of this as like, the content theme you like now.

- Your feeds are now the folks you follow (regardless of whether they're on your server) and the randos on your server.

So say there was an L Chat server. The randos on that would mostly be of interest to me, so that's the server I join, and now I get all the general stuff others on that server post. Then in addition to that I go following whatever straight girls are playing an f/f ship in the most recent Netflix pre-cancellation. Now I'm all set!

But if someone on the L Chat server accuses me of being a man for pointing out baking soda won't cure IBS or something, I can change server to another one no problem.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:46
Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:28
Guest wrote:

Oke... <_<
Yeah there is no way mastodon the answer. The whole seeing dm or info is not great but the fact that you could lose everything because owner of the server's backup sucks is ass though.

I have no experience so can anyone tell me about discord
OP What's with that emoji, anon? I asked in the Tech thread if Mastodon was a good alternative to Twitter. The video above made me unsure and reluctant since I'm not a techie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You people are way too dramatic. Twitter isn’t going anywhere. They are just mocking Elon and scaring people. Relax.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just now…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:52
Mastodon is WAY easier to set up than any of the descriptions make it look.

- You join a server to get started. It doesn't actually really matter which one.

- You follow people the same way you did with Twitter, note that they don't have to be on the same server or anything, and you can search by name. But think of this as like, the content theme you like now.

- Your feeds are now the folks you follow (regardless of whether they're on your server) and the randos on your server.

So say there was an L Chat server. The randos on that would mostly be of interest to me, so that's the server I join, and now I get all the general stuff others on that server post. Then in addition to that I go following whatever straight girls are playing an f/f ship in the most recent Netflix pre-cancellation. Now I'm all set!

But if someone on the L Chat server accuses me of being a man for pointing out baking soda won't cure IBS or something, I can change server to another one no problem.
:lol: Thanks for this very descriptive example, anon. I now feel very much ready to join the TLC server and look for Netflix pre-cancellation fodder with my fellow random Berthas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
They sold it to him because they stood to make a ton of money off a dupe by selling a business which has been struggling badly for years to get more advertising. They refused to let him out of the contract because they knew they were making a shitload of money off of his idiocy.

Think of it is this way.

Say you had a car that was worth $ 15,000.00. Some wealthy guy is leaning on your car and you ask him not to lean on your car. He replies I will lean where ever I want. You say not on my car. He says, in front of his friends, well I will just buy your car because no one tells me where to lean. He then asks your price. You realize he is trying to show off so you say $ 100,000.00. He wants to look big so he says okay. You then say well lets do a contract now in front of everybody. He starts looking around but wants to save face. So he says okay. He signs the contract promising a cashier's check in 7 days. A few days later he says to you I didn't realize there was no sun roof so I am no longer interested. You say tough luck you signed a contract and no where in that contract does it stipulate there has to be a sunroof.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"Genius".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:58
You people are way too dramatic. Twitter isn’t going anywhere. They are just mocking Elon and scaring people. Relax.
Elon fangirl/ fanboy spotted :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 04:12
Guest wrote:
They sold it to him because they stood to make a ton of money off a dupe by selling a business which has been struggling badly for years to get more advertising. They refused to let him out of the contract because they knew they were making a shitload of money off of his idiocy.

Think of it is this way.

Say you had a car that was worth $ 15,000.00. Some wealthy guy is leaning on your car and you ask him not to lean on your car. He replies I will lean where ever I want. You say not on my car. He says, in front of his friends, well I will just buy your car because no one tells me where to lean. He then asks your price. You realize he is trying to show off so you say $ 100,000.00. He wants to look big so he says okay. You then say well lets do a contract now in front of everybody. He starts looking around but wants to save face. So he says okay. He signs the contract promising a cashier's check in 7 days. A few days later he says to you I didn't realize there was no sun roof so I am no longer interested. You say tough luck you signed a contract and no where in that contract does it stipulate there has to be a sunroof.
DA
This is like the most simple explanation of the Twitter deal that I've seen, thanks :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:58
Something tells me this anon does not have any friends in tech or compliance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Think of it is this way.

You nailed it perfectly, anon. 👏

I wonder what Gates, Brin & Page, and Cook think of Elon's unbelievable stupidity?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 04:05
Just now…

Musk reportedly values coders based on how much code they can show for themselves, as in the literal volume of it.

Anybody who has ever coded can see the instant problem with that - which is that the priority of coding is to minimize how much code you're using to do anything.

The would suggest that not only does he have no grasp of coding whatsoever for himself, he doesn't know how to recognize those skills in anybody else.

Let's just say I would be really interested to know who he thinks the "best" people are.

I will also bet he doesn't think the GDPR regulatory people are the "best", and I guarantee you that if Twitter doesn't fall over technically, GDPR will be the death of it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you think he wants twitter to fail so we don't know how terrible job he's doing at it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 04:28
Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 04:05
Just now…

Musk reportedly values coders based on how much code they can show for themselves, as in the literal volume of it.

Anybody who has ever coded can see the instant problem with that - which is that the priority of coding is to minimize how much code you're using to do anything.

The would suggest that not only does he have no grasp of coding whatsoever for himself, he doesn't know how to recognize those skills in anybody else.

Let's just say I would be really interested to know who he thinks the "best" people are.

I will also bet he doesn't think the GDPR regulatory people are the "best", and I guarantee you that if Twitter doesn't fall over technically, GDPR will be the death of it.
Whole vital teams are gone

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Whole vital teams are gone

:lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Think of it is this way.

It also makes me wonder: doesn't he have any trusted adviser or a good friend to tell him he's making a big mistake or he's being duped? Someone who can detect bs and save him from becoming the biggest fool on the planet. Like what Wags is to Bobby Axelrod.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if he'll eventually end up selling it once he's burnt it to the ground and it's no use for him anymore because most people moved somewhere else?

My hope is that a decent billionaire with a heart buys it from him and rehires all the people that left.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 04:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Think of it is this way.

It also makes me wonder: doesn't he have any trusted adviser or a good friend to tell him he's making a big mistake or he's being duped? Someone who can detect bs and save him from becoming the biggest fool on the planet. Like what Wags is to Bobby Axelrod.
Did you read his texts? his besties are just as stupid clueless as him

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newslett ... ss-himself