The l00 - Part XX

Reactions:

Re: The l00 - Part XX

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 23:48
Anne Hathaway is now doing Harry Styles Wattpad adaptions <_<

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/stat ... glb-c-isnA
Everyone keeps on mocking Stupid Wife but like, these scripts are being bought by big networks. There's a large audience for this, whatever the quality, like that Reylo converted fic. I just hope she gets a ton of money

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It could be you anons. You just need to write that Cam and Donna fic for me, and then convert it :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 23:55
Guest wrote:

Everyone keeps on mocking Stupid Wife but like, these scripts are being bought by big networks. There's a large audience for this, whatever the quality, like that Reylo converted fic. I just hope she gets a ton of money
A movie based on Reylo fic?😬

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 23:56
It could be you anons. You just need to write that Cam and Donna fic for me, and then convert it :dance2:
Another HACF fan???? This is one of my fave shows of all time. I love it so much. And again, another show I love with a dead fandom :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 00:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

A movie based on Reylo fic?😬
I meant that really absurdly popular best selling book we were discussing the other day, where the author was like I just get tropes from my agent to write about. I wouldn't be surprised if it did get a movie or show at some point, it has hundreds of thousands of ratings on goodreads

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I work with a publishing group, a year ago they made a deal with a girl maybe 20-22 years old and when I was talking with her she told me she made wattpad stories about 5 seconds of summer lol and her book we were working was about one of the members of that group.
Tbf she had a lot of fans so we gain profit but sometimes I feel bad for other authors.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:lol: Does the other person in the group know?!?

Ironically, quite a fanfic-y scenario.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

ewwwwww

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Publishing Group Anon, have you been one of the folks chipping in to the Berthas Be Writing thread?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When they start adapting clexa fics and the characters start hanging out at the grounders cafe with the owner, alexandra and her dog fish >>> :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wouldn't object if they did a Faberry or Mai-Hime adaptation :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 00:36
Publishing Group Anon, have you been one of the folks chipping in to the Berthas Be Writing thread?
No :( I only visit this thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 00:41
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 00:36
No :( I only visit this thread.
Ah! Well, it would be great if you had any insight to lend, because there have been a couple of questions about the mechanics of publishing, if you want :spy:

https://www.thelchat.net/forum/viewtopi ... 07ba962a81

RXD
Reactions: 66

Post by RXD »

There are... other threads? :tinfoil:
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RXD wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 00:46

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RXD wrote:
Says the one CHEATING on us with the height difference cops

RXD

Post by RXD »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 01:04
RXD wrote:
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RXD wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 01:06
Guest wrote:
RXD wrote:
Don’t worry, there are more of us there :spy:

RXD

Post by RXD »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 01:11
RXD wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 01:06
Guest wrote:
RXD wrote:
Don’t worry, there are more of us there :spy:
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
RXD wrote:
GASP

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 00:24
Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 23:56
Another HACF fan???? This is one of my fave shows of all time. I love it so much. And again, another show I love with a dead fandom :dramaqueen:
DA I think quite a few of us are fans, considering

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was thinking of them earlier, when I was collating a list of Top 5 Gayest Things I Intellectually Understand Are Not Gay.

- Cam getting up in Donna's grill
- Whatever the hell that Florence Welch thing was
- Kathryn Hahn watching Rachel Weisz like she's just taken shrooms and RW is a really well lit aquarium
(Tbc)
(Tbc)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Singing to Finn only Finn Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What WAS that about :rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Means she can't read lips either Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Noticed a new "recently browsed" section on the Netflix phone app and wtf that's creepy. I know what I looked at why the need to tell me :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's not Top 5 so this is just an honorable mention, but I maintain Astronaut/Io The Fifth Moon of Jupiter was an f/f dynamic. 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA I wouldn't be surprised if a large number of those basic romance novels that come out constantly were previously fanfics. The "After" movie quadrilogy is also a H*rry St*les fanfic. Back when fictionpress was still a thing the popular fics would always be taken down for publishing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'd be all for it if they were f/f fic-to-book-to-movies more often :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I feel like, as a society, we've simplu rejected the knowledge that a BDSM Twilight AU fic made 1.3 billion dollars at the box office. And good for us, we deserve not to have to live knowing that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 01:53
I want Those Who Wait to be made into a movie. A game of thrones fanfic lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 01:58
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 01:53
I want Those Who Wait to be made into a movie. A game of thrones fanfic lol
DA Lol, I was thinking above about which f/f fics to books would make for good adaptations and I also thought of Those Who Wait

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 22:56
Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 22:53
When you're obsessed with something and there's no fandom for it or everyone has already moved on. People really do move on after two weeks nowadays. I do miss when fandoms were around for ages after the piece of media ended.
I know that feeling, and I'm resignedly learning to accept it as the price of my love for whole season drops. Sure sucks though. What's the fandom?
I don't think season drops are worth the loss of fandom. What am I supposed to read, books? Clearly I can't do that right since I'm trying to scroll paper pages. And soon all books will be based on rps boy band fics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 01:57
I feel like, as a society, we've simplu rejected the knowledge that a BDSM Twilight AU fic made 1.3 billion dollars at the box office. And good for us, we deserve not to have to live knowing that.
Don't forget the Shadowhunter/Mortal Instruments movie and tv series - started as a Harry Potter Ron/Ginny fanfic ( :nervous: )

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 00:26
Guest wrote:
I work with a publishing group, a year ago they made a deal with a girl maybe 20-22 years old and when I was talking with her she told me she made wattpad stories about 5 seconds of summer lol and her book we were working was about one of the members of that group.
Tbf she had a lot of fans so we gain profit but sometimes I feel bad for other authors.
Omg :mask: which member lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 02:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
When you're obsessed with something and there's no fandom for it or everyone has already moved on. People really do move on after two weeks nowadays. I do miss when fandoms were around for ages after the piece of media ended.
I know that feeling, and I'm resignedly learning to accept it as the price of my love for whole season drops. Sure sucks though. What's the fandom?
I don't think season drops are worth the loss of fandom. What am I supposed to read, books? Clearly I can't do that right since I'm trying to scroll paper pages. And soon all books will be based on rps boy band fics.
:lol: I agree, but I laughed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA Fandoms themselves have changed a lot from the pre-binge days as well, it's not just Netflix's fault. Personally I feel less involved with fandoms because I feel like the people who do stick with it end up over-analysing things to an unhealthy point where it stops being fun and interesting and slowly delves into toxicity. The rise of youtube reactors which are either a) over the top and only positive or b) super nitpicky CinemaSins copycats. The only part of fandom I still like is the fanfiction and that tends to be pretty separated from the social media side of fandom.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I sure would like to know where this sudden burst of creative energy was when it wasn't after 4am in the morning on a work night.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A Rick & Morty subplot where two female characters simulate whole lives together in VR to see how they'd work out as a couple was summed up by Rick as "the full San Junipero".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 03:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA Fandoms themselves have changed a lot from the pre-binge days as well, it's not just Netflix's fault. Personally I feel less involved with fandoms because I feel like the people who do stick with it end up over-analysing things to an unhealthy point where it stops being fun and interesting and slowly delves into toxicity. The rise of youtube reactors which are either a) over the top and only positive or b) super nitpicky CinemaSins copycats. The only part of fandom I still like is the fanfiction and that tends to be pretty separated from the social media side of fandom.
My first real foray into fandom was SwanQueen(i know :nervous: ) but it really was good for a while there. The sense of community and everyone enjoying a show was nice.I miss it these days. It’s like fandom or enjoying media isn’t as sparkly as it was.

Everyone hates on everything now. The negativity of people on social media drains my enjoyment a lot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 03:31
A Rick & Morty subplot where two female characters simulate whole lives together in VR to see how they'd work out as a couple was summed up by Rick as "the full San Junipero".
Awwww.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 00:38
I wouldn't object if they did a Faberry or Mai-Hime adaptation :nails:
Faberry fic?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I miss when fandom stuff was on specific sites or forums or whatever. Now it’s all over social media and it’s leaked a bit into popular culture so it’s a lot less fun because every rando has an opinion. When shipping became a part of regular slang and shows became self aware with the ship names it all went downhill lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I feel like this thread is the one place where I can freely say I’m not into the NCIS Kacy ship. It’s all over my timeline and tumblr dashboard rn and everyone’s obsessed and I’m like meh. I don’t really have anything against them but I just don’t care for overly sweet couples and that’s what they are to me. I’m not sure if it’s because years of watching lesbians struggle for a second of happiness has conditioned me towards more emotionally repressed couples or what, but it’s like the sweeter the couples these days the more shallow it feels to me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 05:46
I feel like this thread is the one place where I can freely say I’m not into the NCIS Kacy ship. It’s all over my timeline and tumblr dashboard rn and everyone’s obsessed and I’m like meh. I don’t really have anything against them but I just don’t care for overly sweet couples and that’s what they are to me. I’m not sure if it’s because years of watching lesbians struggle for a second of happiness has conditioned me towards more emotionally repressed couples or what, but it’s like the sweeter the couples these days the more shallow it feels to me.
This thread??
No, I'm kidding, I love 'em but you're free to have your preferences. I get how it might feel like they're too sweet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 01:42
Noticed a new "recently browsed" section on the Netflix phone app and wtf that's creepy. I know what I looked at why the need to tell me :nervous:
I don’t have that on my Netflix phone app :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Same but I'm glad it's making some happy. Not a lot happen fandomwise unless you follow real people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 05:52
Guest wrote:
This thread??
No, I'm kidding, I love 'em but you're free to have your preferences. I get how it might feel like they're too sweet.
DA i love them but the karaoke night definitely tested me…that was a lot, ha. now tho i pretty much give it the same leeway i give hallmark movies and in that context all the corniness makes perfect sense IMO

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Boo 🍅🍅🍅

Jkjk. :hug: everyone have preferences
I honestly like them because I discovered them by accident when ncis was showing on TV so i have like zero expectations lol also realizing this is a show with ensemble cast and NCIS,so it wont be focusing on them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 05:52
:lol: