The Wilds

Reactions:

Re: The Wilds

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 18:25
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 18:15

I can't believe we didn't even have to beg for it.
I can't believe it starts with a Leah/Raf scene :mask:
Is that the whole thing? lame
It's only episode one bloopers guys. We'll get one reel per episode.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 18:25
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 18:15

I can't believe we didn't even have to beg for it.
I can't believe it starts with a Leah/Raf scene :mask:
Is that the whole thing? lame
I think they are doing it by episodes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 17:30
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 16:10
So which episode do you think was the best?
Favorite moment?
Leah in episode 8 with Gretchen
Shoni finish him
Dot birthday!
Funniest moment?
Shelby planing dot birthday
Fatin and Leah trying to distract dot
Saddest moment?
Marty breakdown
Toni lashing out
Shoni breakup
Wtf moment?
Seth and all that
Martha killing those bunnies 😨
Nora alive
Best character?
Shelby
Hated character?
Seth

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The boys found a way to be boring in the blooper reel also :yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 18:36
I’m not an hater but their lack of charisma is screaming

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 18:36
Literally, even in the bloopers they're wasting screen time

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Favorite moment?
Girls singing "Home"
Shelby/Toni discussing the church in ep 5
Rachel taking charge in ep 7
Opening scene to ep 8
Leah girlbossing Gretchen in ep 8

Funniest moment?
"I delegate you figure it out" - this entire scene is GOLD
"FINISH HIM!"
"Ok Meryl"
"I'm fucking incredible at escape rooms"

Saddest moment?
Rachel's "she's gone and it's my fault"
Rachel/Shelby talking about Becca/Nora
Shoni break up
Shelby cutting her hair
Dot crying for her dad

Wtf moment?
Ben Folds and the musical numbers...still confused by this one
Martha and the bunnies

Best character?
Shelby and Fatin

Hated character?
Seth

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No Shoni on the bloopers? :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 20:56
It's just episode 1. We'll probably get more later, I'm sure the finish him scene has some lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I have IMDbPro so I can see who of the cast people are looking up the most and tell you their STARmeter. Is anyone curious in the results? It's kind of shocking.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:08
I have IMDbPro so I can see who of the cast people are looking up the most and tell you their STARmeter. Is anyone curious in the results? It's kind of shocking.
Just saw it, it's Sophia and the guy who plays Kirin.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:12
Guest wrote:
SA And the third is the Seth dude, then Mia :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:15
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:12
Guest wrote:
SA And the third is the Seth dude, then Mia :mask:
Da but it kind of makes sense since I imagine a large porting of people watching the show already know all the girls from season 1. And even season 1 viewers who are casual google actors they don’t know in shows they are watching

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

STARmeter in order from top to bottom:

Sophia Ali - #33

Charles Alexander (Kirin) - #297

Alex Fitzalan (Seth) - #362

Mia Healey - #481

Shannon Berry - #696

Aidan Laprete (Henry) - #921

Jenna Clause - #1,047

Sarah Pidgeon - #1,084

Reign Edwards - #1,096

Erana James - #1,394

The rest of the boys are all below Erana. Reed (Scotty) and Tanner (Bo) are the lowest, in the 3,000s and 4,000s, respectively.

Kirin and Seth 🤢 rank above all the girls except Sophia. Sophia and Mia are the most searched girls.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:21

Sophia Ali - #33

Mia Healey - #481

Shannon Berry - #696

Jenna Clause - #1,047

Sarah Pidgeon - #1,084

Reign Edwards - #1,096

Erana James - #1,394

The rest of the boys are all below Erana. Reed (Scotty) and Tanner (Bo) are the lowest, in the 3,000s and 4,000s, respectively.

Kirin and Seth 🤢 rank above all the girls except Sophia. Sophia and Mia are the most searched girls.
Don’t think that’s really the best popularity gauge (if that’s what you’re looking at this as) since the targeted demo of the show isn’t really using IMDB.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:31
Guest wrote:

Sophia Ali - #33

Mia Healey - #481

Shannon Berry - #696

Jenna Clause - #1,047

Sarah Pidgeon - #1,084

Reign Edwards - #1,096

Erana James - #1,394

Don’t think that’s really the best popularity gauge (if that’s what you’re looking at this as) since the targeted demo of the show isn’t really using IMDB.
I mean, IMDb is for everyone, sure most gen z's probably don't use it, but Kirin and Seth ranking so high does not surprise me at all. Those are the two boys who got the most attention, Kirin good, Seth bad. I've seen SO many Kirin edits on TikTok. I've seen more Kirin edits than half the girls. He's popular, which sucks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The show itself is #21 out of projects right?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:35
The show itself is #21 out of projects right?
It's actually #12 under "most popular tv". Keep in mind this is right now, last week all these results may've been higher. I didn't check then.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The only reason I’m happy Seth is alive is that I know he will die satisfy death next season hopefully by one of the girls

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

this is so fucking dumb, don't they realize that the Prime intern isn't a writer?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who do we think the operative is if it’s not Shelby? Could it be fatin?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dot, her bringing up Gretchen to the group could be to throw us off.

Or Martha, who Gretchen managed to get her hooks into while she's in her vulnerable state.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 22:36
this is so fucking dumb, don't they realize that the Prime intern isn't a writer?

Well to make it simple … if tomorrow the account make a racists tweet with the hashtag thewilds, the show will automatically be link to it, and face criticism whatever is was an intern behind it, or the writer itself. So as « stupid » as it is for you, if they tweet stuff like that about it, it will backfire at some point. (This is about a wlw ship but it can work with everything actually.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 22:58

Or Martha, who Gretchen managed to get her hooks into while she's in her vulnerable state.
Wow if it will be dot it will break my heart .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:08
Guest wrote:

And Martha? If Gretchen will mess with her head and turn her against the girls I will be broken for Toni.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:12
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:08
Guest wrote:

And Martha? If Gretchen will mess with her head and turn her against the girls I will be broken for Toni.
Yeah anyone of them will be pretty bad and will feel like huge betrayal 😢

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you guys ever scroll through the wilds Reddit page? There's a post of unpopular opinions, and someone commented that Toni and Martha's friendship is toxic and abusive... :-/ I mean I know Toni can lash out, but I don't think she's abusive at all. You see the way she is with Shelby and Martha when she's calm and feels safe, and she's like a completely different person than from the pilot..

Gaunt
Reactions:

Post by Gaunt »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:01
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 22:36

Well to make it simple … if tomorrow the account make a racists tweet with the hashtag thewilds, the show will automatically be link to it, and face criticism whatever is was an intern behind it, or the writer itself. So as « stupid » as it is for you, if they tweet stuff like that about it, it will backfire at some point. (This is about a wlw ship but it can work with everything actually.)

2x so much
If I was the show runner I would def tell them to either stop or delete that comment. Specially
the one “have you Seen the way they look at each other?” One thing is them acting like it’s a ship and saying Leatin 4ever another thing is feeding the fans saying it’s “proof” like they did.

Fatin changed completely on season 2 . She hasn’t said anything about men the whole season ( I mean just about Jeff)
But there are plot holes on Fatijs character already so I’m down to have Leah and her together :

The plot hole- I was watching season 1 again and Fatin says she does not masturbate with her hands because it triggers her because of the cello. - on season 2 she teaches Martha how, like!??!?
And watch it again notice that even tho Sophia is flirty with all of them she really has -different- eyes for Leah.

It will definitely backfire, I’m waiting for the tears.
Ya can’t play with teens hearts this way.

I wanna say it would be really great for the show if they had more than one lesbian couple.

The only person I wanna see with a boy is Martha because in all honestly she wanted to be flirted with since day one by a boy so if they absolutely need to add a straight couple let there be Martha please. lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:33
Do you guys ever scroll through the wilds Reddit page? There's a post of unpopular opinions, and someone commented that Toni and Martha's friendship is toxic and abusive... :-/ I mean I know Toni can lash out, but I don't think she's abusive at all. You see the way she is with Shelby and Martha when she's calm and feels safe, and she's like a completely different person than from the pilot..
What abusive? They literally have the best friendship in this show. They get each other so good, when Toni was upset because ‘i love you’ , Martha knew what the problem in the first moment. Also when Martha had her breakdown, Toni was practically the only one who knew what to do when all the others were in shock. And before they found her with the bunnies you could see the fear in Toni eyes and the relive when they found her. They are really sister in heart.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

None of my straight friends see Leatin. I truly feel the sapphics are seeing way more than straight Amy Harris and Sarah Streicher intended with all that shit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 15:53
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 15:28
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 15:14
guess the erana straight deniers woke up from their nap :lol:
She has a bf for a long time and lots of close people her age are queer so if she was she'd have no issues saying she is, she's also been super supportive of mia and shannon's coming out. She's an ally, you baby dykes have to stop confusing tomboys with gays lmao
Plus any speculation about them is hilarious to me bc for 75% of filming S2 at least one of their boyfriends were there. Erana’s was there for a good 2 months and she literally just went to see Mia’s bfs play with her own bf. It’s very clear to me that those 2 are and have always just been besties.

I love how close they are though and I’ll be sad if weirdos trying to overanalyze their friendship ruins that.
Exactly, sadly some people really can't stop themselves from shipping people who play couple on screen and even more when they are friend irl it happens every time
Da. Who cares if shes had a boyfriend, if mias had a bf, like you do realise bisexuality exists or pansexuality. Claiming erana is straight due to having a bf is fkn stupid. Shes never confirmed anything so you cant come to a conclusion. Its 2022, i dont assume anything anymore.

Haida
Reactions:

Post by Haida »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:45
None of my straight friends see Leatin. I truly feel the sapphics are seeing way more than straight Amy Harris and Sarah Streicher intended with all that shit.
Da
Ya well all my straight friends didn’t think my girlfriend was gay either.
That’s called - expecting someone is straight *
If any of them were men I doubt your straight friends wouldn’t see it.

To put in perspective leatin romantic edits and tweets and YouTube videos are blowing up right now.
I didn’t see it until season 2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I won’t take it seriously most of the comments there is how they like kirin and hate Toni and wish Martha would have die.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:51
Guest wrote:
I won’t take it seriously most of the comments there is how they like kirin and hate Toni and wish Martha would have die.
:rofl: Also how can you like Kirin and hate Toni, make it make sense!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 00:02
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:51
Guest wrote:
:rofl: Also how can you like Kirin and hate Toni, make it make sense!
They are just stupid, I saw that post and rolled my eyes while reading the comments

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

pagecatching and my unneeded two cents but it's so funny to me to talk about long time rs when you're like 20 a maybe you started dating someone in your teens. it just makes me laugh, idk :lol:

anyway

Favorite moments:

Home

Dot's birthday (GUESS WHAT BITCHES)

Shelby being worried as fuck after the tree

Funniest moments:

FINISH HIM

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU FUCKING FREAK

Shelby during the whole Dot's birthday preparation, she's so fucking hilarious

I'M FUCKING INCREDIBLE AT ESCAPE ROOMS

Saddest moments:

Martha being catatonic

Shelby cutting her hair

Toni being unresponding to Shelby and just letting her break up with her

WTF moment:

Leah randomly starting to laugh, I was literally WTF

Seth and Josh

Best Characters:

Shelby, Fatin

Hated Character:

Seth, Raf

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:03
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 20:56
It's just episode 1. We'll probably get more later, I'm sure the finish him scene has some lol.
I hope so or I'll riot. :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I wouldn't call it toxic or abusive but it's not exactly healthy either.

Toni puts Martha on a pedestal and values her above everything including her own life.

As a result Toni is too overprotective of Martha which makes it difficult for Martha to make other friends. It makes sense because Toni's the only one who knows Martha's backstory which is an added burden on her that nobody takes into account when discussing her lashing out at the other girls. Toni knowing the root cause of Martha's breakdown but not being able to tell the others is another thing she's having to internalize along with her panic and fear that Martha's going to die and the knowledge that Shelby had seen the boat, it's no wonder she blew her top.

It would be good for both of them to take a step back; for Martha to form strong bonds and trust people other than Toni and for Toni to find worth in herself outside of being Martha's protector.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 00:39
Guest wrote:

Toni puts Martha on a pedestal and values her above everything including her own life.

As a result Toni is too overprotective of Martha which makes it difficult for Martha to make other friends. It makes sense because Toni's the only one who knows Martha's backstory which is an added burden on her that nobody takes into account when discussing her lashing out at the other girls. Toni knowing the root cause of Martha's breakdown but not being able to tell the others is another thing she's having to internalize along with her panic and fear that Martha's going to die and the knowledge that Shelby had seen the boat, it's no wonder she blew her top.

It would be good for both of them to take a step back; for Martha to form strong bonds and trust people other than Toni and for Toni to find worth in herself outside of being Martha's protector.
I would agree if you would have been taking about 1x01-1x04 episodes, but since then Toni loosen up about Martha and Martha definitely bonded with the others.

The all thing was that Toni was probably too much invested in Shelby and didn’t pay too much attention to Martha and then Martha breakdown and it caused Toni to feel really guilty about that and she was just lashing out on everybody including Shelby (quietly).

I agree with the fact that Toni was holding too much between the boat incident and Martha backstory and it triggered her more to lash out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
There was a tweet going around yesterday where people are starting to suspect this might be the case. A lot of straight people don’t see it so Amy and Sarah genuinely might not either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 01:39
Guest wrote:
There was a tweet going around yesterday where people are starting to suspect this might be the case. A lot of straight people don’t see it so Amy and Sarah genuinely might not either.
I watched s2 with my sister and I talked to her about leatin yesterday and she said to me that she can’t see them becoming a thing and that all she sees is deep relationship between two best friends. Also she said to me that I’m delusional if I’m thinking there will not be straight relationships next season and multiple hooks up between the boys and the girls 😩

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 01:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I watched s2 with my sister and I talked to her about leatin yesterday and she said to me that she can’t see them becoming a thing and that all she sees is deep relationship between two best friends. Also she said to me that I’m delusional if I’m thinking there will not be straight relationships next season and multiple hooks up between the boys and the girls 😩
Forgot to mention that my sister is straight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 01:51
Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 01:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Forgot to mention that my sister is straight.
Same. I watch it with my mother and sister, both straight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This reminds me of the Gretchen lines to Seth about how he had no mother and he was abandoned. The voice over started over a scene of Toni holding Martha like her child. I don't know if that was intentional, but it I noticed it on my second watch. Toni really is extremely overprotective of Martha and in S2, Toni takes a step back to have her own life with Shelby, and Martha tries to form a life on her own with the others and takes up hunting. Which we know all backfires on her and Martha ends up in the state she is. Toni probably feels like she failed her, but they don't ever give us deep insight into what Toni's feeling, we just have to sort of guess. And unfortunately all we get to witness is her lashing and blaming others, so it comes across as kind of toxic. In reality, Toni does probably blame herself, but all we see is the hurt she causes Leah, Fatin, Dot and especially Shelby. I hope they explore this in S3 further.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Amy and Sarah had knowledge that Leatin is a non-canon ship however. If s2 had in fact been s1 then you could say this is maybe a case of straight writers completely unknowingly writing something that can and will be interpreted as lesbian by the lesbians, because they wouldn't have had any eyes on their work yet to let that be known. But they at least knew Leatin was already being interpreted as romantic. So you have to ask if they wrote s2 with that in mind and layed it on a bit thicker than they might otherwise have done if sitting down at the start of the show to throw out characters and plots for the first time.

Remember that Shoni was never a mapped out intent (so they claim). If one pairing came to be on the chemistry alone, them it's possible Leatin could also have been inadvertently coded romantic by a writers room starting from scratch. S2 wasn't from scratch though. They knew there was a ship to lean into.

So yeah, I do think random straights won't read Leatin as romantic because they aren't lesbian enough to see it. But Amy and Sarah had it pointed out to them. I think they were giving nods to it, writing things that can feed the romantic interpretation while also building the platonic canon. I don't think they intend to follow through on romantic. For me, the thing Amy and Sarah don't see is how fucking dumb it is of them to do that - and that's a straight person thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 02:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This reminds me of the Gretchen lines to Seth about how he had no mother and he was abandoned. The voice over started over a scene of Toni holding Martha like her child. I don't know if that was intentional, but it I noticed it on my second watch. Toni really is extremely overprotective of Martha and in S2, Toni takes a step back to have her own life with Shelby, and Martha tries to form a life on her own with the others and takes up hunting. Which we know all backfires on her and Martha ends up in the state she is. Toni probably feels like she failed her, but they don't ever give us deep insight into what Toni's feeling, we just have to sort of guess. And unfortunately all we get to witness is her lashing and blaming others, so it comes across as kind of toxic. In reality, Toni does probably blame herself, but all we see is the hurt she causes Leah, Fatin, Dot and especially Shelby. I hope they explore this in S3 further.
The problem with both Toni and Martha (Dot too) is that their growth is so underdeveloped. We don’t know enough about their backgrounds, so fans have to use a lot of head canon to explain things or we’re forced assume things. Like Toni’s chill behavior in beginning of s2… is that because she’s growing or because she’s happy and in love? She seemed happy and in love with Regan too and still lashes out, just like s2. Is her talking to Martha about her loving Shelby supposed to be growth? Or, is her lashing out at the others but also not putting the full blame on them in the end (except Shelby :'( ) her character growth? I feel like I don’t know enough from the past and didn’t see enough in the present to actually see an evolution, if that was supposed to be growth.

And Martha, I understand that her character journey involves her dealing with her reality instead of ignoring/seeing everything so innocently… but if I didn’t already know that from reading SS and AH interviews, I wouldn’t have known it. I didn’t really see anything in s2 from Martha that made me think she was out of touch with the reality at hand or in over her head emotionally. The other girls were joking around just as much as she was and she didn’t seem any more or less in denial than the other girls. And there were no signs that the hunting thing was a struggle for her or could somehow triggered her SA trauma … it just suddenly did. Like if I wasn’t an involved fan, meaning actively reading interviews, fan speculation, etc, I would’ve felt like Martha’s situation just came out of no where. And I know triggers are like that sometimes, they seem like they come out of no where, but her just suddenly falling into a catatonic state does not make a story arc. It’s just a shocking event.

And poor Dot… you have to squint real hard to see her character arc/growth. After reading all the interviews, fan discussions, and re-watching the girl scenes, I’m still not sure what her arc was really. Thinking back on it, I’m like, but where is her arc actually shown? It almost feels like her character wasn’t even there this season. And that just makes me sad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In case anyone is looking for more reaction videos.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ngl there were some great one liners this season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Sophia Ali - #33

Mia Healey - #481

Shannon Berry - #696

Jenna Clause - #1,047

Sarah Pidgeon - #1,084

Reign Edwards - #1,096

Erana James - #1,394

I thought Erana was the most beloved?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 04:22
Ngl there were some great one liners this season.
X2. Some really memorable ones. The girls comic scenes were as well written as season one but even better in execution because they were totally vibing as a group.

I'd be hard pressed to find any memorable one liners from the guys but Ivan and Henry had some good moments.