BBC America's Killing Eve - Part II

Reactions:

Re: BBC America's Killing Eve - Part II

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 16:57
I refuse to allow shitty/half witted "visionaries" take what Jodie, Sandra, and PWB created for us. Villanelle lives on as one of the most incredible queer female character on screen and so was Eve. A fucking Legend. Taking power back from those dimwitted moments that was a "finale."
X1000 but I didn’t see it when i first watched the finale and series ended with them happy and hugging. Now even if i see it, it would only be one of those pointless alternative endings they used to add on dvd extra.
It’s not a real life. And we can keep our favourite characters just like we can interpret any art the way we wish, the matter of perspective, really.
It reminds me, when i was a kid and watched buffy on tv, i saw how Buffy sacrificed herself in the finale of season 5 i think and then for many years I thought the series ended and Buffy died. Imagine my surprise when I discovered other seasons…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 21:57
:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wish I was the Grandma.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Ffs :rofl: stop

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fuck you Sally and Laura Neal :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm waiting for the Hollywood Reporter, if they trash them too it's big. :popcorn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Not Joan! :rofl: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 21:19
Nah why is this so cute? :heart: :bigcry:
This version of V all giddy awkward baby will live forever rent free in my head. Perfect igh. Someone last night said they were acting like a high schooler (V) and Eve like someone in their 20s not like someone with more experience. But if you think about it makes perfect sense. This is V real love and her first adult relationship and Eve closed her life to 'dark' possibilities when she forced herself to marry NNiko in her late 20/early 30s. this was truly like a new beginning and new emotions for them. No wonder they looked so awed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 21:59
I'm waiting for the Hollywood Reporter, if they trash them too it's big. :popcorn:
They posted the interview with Sally yesterday so I'm not expecting them to be too explicit with their criticism. Happy to be proven wrong though :nervous:

RXD
Reactions: 66

Post by RXD »

New York Times is one I'd like to see.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So I am looking on Twitter and it seems the fandom is really young. Is there no one in their early -mid 30s in it? I am just a couple years older than Jodie and I thought there would be more of us in this demographic. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Singing, dancing, vibing and crying to this song :ghost:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The amount of mixed emotions I feel is on another level. I guess it’s always better to laugh in the face of tragedy :lol: Villanelle would’ve thought the end of this show was bullshit with an unrealistic fight scene and bad cgi

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:03

I always loved this song and now I’ll forever associate it with happy Eve and V

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:rofl: I'm going into her tag now, unhinged woman

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:02
So I am looking on Twitter and it seems the fandom is really young. Is there no one in their early -mid 30s in it? I am just a couple years older than Jodie and I thought there would be more of us in this demographic. :lol:
Us early to mid-30s crowd were into Twitter when it first came out over a decade ago when we were the age of the Twitter crowd now lol

Most get over it and don't have the time, patience or the need to express every thought on social media.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I'm 30 and they make me feel very old! I feel like we're a bit older here though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:05
The amount of mixed emotions I feel is on another level. I guess it’s always better to laugh in the face of tragedy :lol: Villanelle would’ve thought the end of this show was bullshit with an unrealistic fight scene and bad cgi
Villanelle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I’m in my mid 30s, I’m sure a lot of others are too. I rarely go on Twitter so I have no idea what the age group of the fandom is tbh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Such a great song

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ouch ouch ouch. they'll never recover from this

'Killing Eve's Finale Returns to One of the Worst LGBTQ+ Tropes on TV
https://www.out.com/television/2022/4/1 ... r-26046121

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:05
Guest wrote:

I always loved this song and now I’ll forever associate it with happy Eve and V
DA I love this song too. I was expecting Listen To Your Heart like it said in the script so this was a nice surprise.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 21:39
:faint:
Motherfucking hell this made me so deeply sad :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm still salty af :'( I can't believe she died like that

Altuniverse#278
Reactions:

Post by Altuniverse#278 »

So is there a link to how the books end? I know I should buy them, just need a quick fix so I can pretend the last 5 minutes of the finale didn't happen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

they look so so happy :wub:

I'm sure it felt cathartic for Sandra and Jodie to finally kiss too. I mean their characters have been pinning for each other for soooo long and so deeply too and they finally "consumed" their love.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:06
Guest wrote:
Us early to mid-30s crowd were into Twitter when it first came out over a decade ago when we were the age of the Twitter crowd now lol

Most get over it and don't have the time, patience or the need to express every thought on social media.
Haha well when I was in my early 20s, I didn't care for social media and I still don't 10 years later. Just was looking for confirmation that there are hardcore millennial Killing Eve fans out there because I have gotten several of my same aged peers hooked on it. Everyone that has seen it, loves it (ignoring the last 2 minutes of course)!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 21:37
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 21:35
Just saw there is a bonus content episode playing on AMC tonight with deleted scenes, etc. anyone know what’s going on?
They always do it. I think the deleted scene has already been released though and it was Carolyn & Hugo because we all want to see more of them :)

Another unnecessary plot point. What was the point of brining back Hugo. Those scenes were so boring and served no purpose. The actor that plays Hugo is also in Laura Neal's other show called sex education so I wouldn't be surprised if she brought him back for her own reasons. Laura totally seems self serving and out of touch with the characters & KE fan base.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 21:33
I'm actually sad about this. Like, I love this show. It meant so much to me. I was a huge fan back in 2018 and now here for s4. It sucks to see that the show is getting famous again because of its terrible ending. I'm sad that Sandra and Jodie's amazing performance is getting tainted by this. I'm sad that the one episode where they kiss, is also the episode with the worst rating.

Like, they deserve it, don't get me wrong.

But ugh this was THE show! Now it's... that show... You know? Lol it's just such a shame. I feel bad for its leg
Yes, it is very sad. I also started watching back in 2018 when a friend recommended it to me and i immediately liked it.
Now, the legacy in which they're ending it, it's bad and that's a shame.
I also feel sorry for S&J because they really knocked it out of the park in this one, but now everything will be only be related to that ending for most people, and not about the incredible scenes they shared.

I'm curious if this will affect the award season later on? :hmmm: Although I was thinking that for Jodie i assume they'll send episode 2 as FYC, and 7 for Sandra, and not 8 in any case i guess?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:11
She knows this character better than anyone. MVP Miss Comer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:01
Guest wrote:
They posted the interview with Sally yesterday so I'm not expecting them to be too explicit with their criticism. Happy to be proven wrong though :nervous:
I doubt it they seem fond of Sally

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RXD wrote:
New York Times is one I'd like to see.
Agreed! The longer we keep this trending, the more visibility and attention to this issue.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 21:19
Nah why is this so cute? :heart: :bigcry:
This version of V all giddy awkward baby will live forever rent free in my head. Perfect igh. Someone last night said they were acting like a high schooler (V) and Eve like someone in their 20s not like someone with more experience. But if you think about it makes perfect sense. This is V real love and her first adult relationship and Eve closed her life to 'dark' possibilities when she forced herself to marry NNiko in her late 20/early 30s. this was truly like a new beginning and new emotions for them. No wonder they looked so awed.
:'(
Is not the kiss moment anyone had in mind I bet, I miss that feeling of KE surprising us because this kiss was so freaking good.
I repeat what I've said before only a pair like villaneve could make this kind of kiss work and be so true to their characters.
Gonna miss this idiots :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is a huge reach but what are the chances of a finale rewrite? Has it ever been done in TV history?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:11

https://media4.giphy.com/media/rlKSFztw ... d/200w.gif[/img]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Theres a very younger demographic part of the fandom which to me is a bit laughable bc this show is more twisted than what I'd want/care for in my teens or very early 20s, in fact many of the emh intense J/V stans are the younger part, but there are lots of older viewers too. A couple of my fav writers for this fandom are on twitter too and they are in their 30s and one older than mid 40s. I think on here we are probably in the late millennial crowd, no?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
My mom watches it and she’s in her sixties. I’m older than you. It’s just we don’t have Twitter. But trust me there is a bigger demographic than young girls. People at my work were talking about it. Straight people. Everyone is disgusted.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 21:09
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 21:05
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 20:53
FORBES: TOP BREAKING NEWS of Today: "Putin about to nuke the planet" and "Everyone hates the Killing Eve finale"

:rofl: :rofl:
They deserve all the backlash.
They went into twitter to pull all the gossip, thankfully yesterday Twitter stans delivered very good takes, I'm impressed :gaypimp:
Lmao they are such good spies. they even know we're bombing the imdb ratings :rofl: :spy:

Fans are livid about the call that was made, and have been bombing the score of the episode on IMDB
"It’s being described as “Game of Thrones level bad” or a “finale to rival Dexter.” Fans are not pleased with the Killing Eve series finale on AMC, which has positively blown the internet up and has many wondering if even the cast themselves approved of it."

This sums it up very nicely though. There was ONE thing all those execs, writers and showrunners took for granted and that was the loyal queer fanbase. Teasing us for 4 years hinting about Villaneve hook ups and epic love stories without any kisses, all of that was doable cos the fans loyally waited for that final sweet reunion thinking it was gonna be worth it. But the fatal mistake to cut off the hand feeding them by destroying Villaneve itself, that was their undoing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 20:53
FORBES: TOP BREAKING NEWS of Today: "Putin about to nuke the planet" and "Everyone hates the Killing Eve finale"
They did kill off a Russian, so... They had it coming.

wyjebane
Reactions:

Post by wyjebane »

It is deeply saddening that gay women have yet to get a single film/tv show, where two well written and executed characters get to exist together. I strongly believe this is not too much to ask for.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:06
Guest wrote:

From what I've seen the age range, demographic is wide ranging. The Fandom is really diverse.

I'm closer to 30 and it's been hurting so bad. To finally seen through a character and then gutted.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has anyone put Bill over the death scene yet? :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

wyjebane wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:18
It is deeply saddening that gay women have yet to get a single film/tv show, where two well written and executed characters get to exist together. I strongly believe this is not too much to ask for.
lol....this is not true. What stage of grief is this?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:15
This is a huge reach but what are the chances of a finale rewrite? Has it ever been done in TV history?
A rewrite is unheard of, I think. Someone mentioned the finale of How I Met Your Mother? Apparently they cut some stuff from their final episode after some backlash.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

To think that a couple of weeks ago, I was actually feeling sorry for LN and the bad reviews s4 got, because I thought episode 6 was excellent and that the season was really gearing up to something epic. Silly me :rofl:

Now I delight in every bad review and article. Burn this shit down!! With the greatest respect to the actors, they gave it their all trying to elevate what was (and wasn't) on the page. But LN and Sally and co deserve to feel the rage

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:13
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 21:33
I'm actually sad about this. Like, I love this show. It meant so much to me. I was a huge fan back in 2018 and now here for s4. It sucks to see that the show is getting famous again because of its terrible ending. I'm sad that Sandra and Jodie's amazing performance is getting tainted by this. I'm sad that the one episode where they kiss, is also the episode with the worst rating.

Like, they deserve it, don't get me wrong.

But ugh this was THE show! Now it's... that show... You know? Lol it's just such a shame. I feel bad for its leg
Yes, it is very sad. I also started watching back in 2018 when a friend recommended it to me and i immediately liked it.
Now, the legacy in which they're ending it, it's bad and that's a shame.
I also feel sorry for S&J because they really knocked it out of the park in this one, but now everything will be only be related to that ending for most people, and not about the incredible scenes they shared.

I'm curious if this will affect the award season later on? :hmmm: Although I was thinking that for Jodie i assume they'll send episode 2 as FYC, and 7 for Sandra, and not 8 in any case i guess?
This show is not GOT I don't see how it can make it to the Emmys or other awards. Sandra and Jodie have a very slim chance and even then it would be more due to their name recognition than the season.
I don't know, I can see them easily ignored and AMC has Better call saul to campaign which funny enough took KE April slots, we got relegated.
Yeah I don't see the support for the show it's viewing and reviews are lackluster and can affect the actors.
It hurts but is what this producers deserve nothing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Oh? Ididnt catch it, does anyone have a link?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Eve making dinner for Villanelle :P