US Politics

Reactions:

Re: US Politics

Post by Guest »

Who cares? We need a conservative to retire for it to matter.

Saki888
Veteran
Reactions: 198

Post by Saki888 »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 20:33
Who cares? We need a conservative to retire for it to matter.
True but don't want this seat to be replaced by them as well, if they would have replaced his seat we would have been in a bigger hole
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's still 6-3 conservative. Who is the oldest conservative Justice? Isn't Clarence Thomas ready to leave?

Saki888
Veteran

Post by Saki888 »

Guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 12:17
It's still 6-3 conservative. Who is the oldest conservative Justice? Isn't Clarence Thomas ready to leave?
The oldest is Thomas but him leaving right now would be a miracle from above. Truthfully he will probably won't get out until republican takes back control of the presidency

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saki888
Veteran

Post by Saki888 »

Guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 21:02

Use your brain, this is nothing but propaganda.

Ketanji Brown Jackson is the person going to be picked

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saki888 wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 13:37
Guest wrote:
The oldest is Thomas but him leaving right now would be a miracle from above. Truthfully he will probably won't get out until republican takes back control of the presidency
I've always held a grudge against Thomas ever since the Anita Hill hearings back in 1989-90. No one would believe her as the woman in a "he said-she said" situation. Times have changed somewhat, but Anita's complaints should not have been so blatantly tossed aside like that. (I can truly see that "pubic hair in his soda" remark happening.) Just remembering the image of Thomas's caucasian wife nodding sympathetically behind him makes me seethe...

Saki888
Veteran

Post by Saki888 »

Guest wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 05:28
Saki888 wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 13:37
Guest wrote:
I've always held a grudge against Thomas ever since the Anita Hill hearings back in 1989-90. No one would believe her as the woman in a "he said-she said" situation. Times have changed somewhat, but Anita's complaints should not have been so blatantly tossed aside like that. (I can truly see that "pubic hair in his soda" remark happening.) Just remembering the image of Thomas's caucasian wife nodding sympathetically behind him makes me seethe...
Thurgood Marshall while he was a amazing judge he fucked us in the end giving up his seat while Bush S.R was office allowing him to replace him with Thomas. He should have known that he had to wait until a democrat was in office. In a lot ways he was the beginning of liberals completely losing any control of the court

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Biden should choose the most qualified candidate regardless of Clyburn's preference. I don't know much about Childs, but Clyburn's assertion that Graham and Scott are favorably disposed toward her gives one pause.

In interviews over recent days, Clyburn has argued that, if Childs were nominated, she could win the backing of South Carolina's two Republican senators, Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott — an enticing prospect for Biden, offering the possibility of a pick that could satisfy the party and also win bipartisan support.

In a statement, Graham, a former Senate Judiciary Committee chairman, did not say whether he was open to voting for Biden's choice. If Democrats are unified, he noted, they “have the power to replace Justice Breyer in 2022 without one Republican vote in support.”

A spokeswoman for Scott lauded Childs’ “respected reputation as a judge in South Carolina" and said “he looks forward to engaging with her if she is the nominee.”

Saki888
Veteran

Post by Saki888 »

Guest wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 17:36
Biden should choose the most qualified candidate regardless of Clyburn's preference. I don't know much about Childs, but Clyburn's assertion that Graham and Scott are favorably disposed toward her gives one pause.

In interviews over recent days, Clyburn has argued that, if Childs were nominated, she could win the backing of South Carolina's two Republican senators, Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott — an enticing prospect for Biden, offering the possibility of a pick that could satisfy the party and also win bipartisan support.

In a statement, Graham, a former Senate Judiciary Committee chairman, did not say whether he was open to voting for Biden's choice. If Democrats are unified, he noted, they “have the power to replace Justice Breyer in 2022 without one Republican vote in support.”

A spokeswoman for Scott lauded Childs’ “respected reputation as a judge in South Carolina" and said “he looks forward to engaging with her if she is the nominee.”
Plus she is 55 , KBJ is 51 and already has had bipartisan support. She is a strong liberal voice with all the credentials to be on the court

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:wtf:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol told you. They are all secretly friends behind closed doors and the stuff we see is all for show to keep stringing us along and fundraisers for them. What a joke.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

shot:

chaser:

of course the PTSD press is slobbering all over Pence for this statement, unable to muster any incredulity.

this federalist society event is grotesque, btw, with Gorsuch delivering the keynote, but press being barred from his speech, and news just coming out that clarence thomas has been speaking privately with ron desantis. good god, will we ever get a reprieve from their disgusting authoritarianism or is that all that's now in store for us?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dawsey and Parker learning from Vogel & Access Maggie about how to bury the lede. This is the 14th paragraph in an article about Trump ripping up documents.

Inside Trump’s relentless document destruction habits
Trump’s shredding of paper in the White House

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... documents/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

LOLNYT says hold my beer, allowing a lawyer for one of Trump's goons to frame the narrative for this entire article (They're being too mean to my client!), and then Schmidt trots out Benghazi for a particularly grotesque false equivalence. It's truly difficult to say which among them all is the worst access journalist. Schmidt, if I recall, was the one who manifested the "redline" during the Mueller investigation. He's quite good at laundering the narrative for the GQP. I'll forever be disappointed that Nicolle Wallace is dating this slimy stooge.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/05/us/p ... d=tw-share

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is hideous. Are we really going backwards instead of forward. We are living in a systematic dystopia.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Republican party is a hate party. Remember that right-wing troll who spammed here. They constantly said abortion not in danger, voter rights not in danger, gay rights not in danger. Always Bullshit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Feb 2022, 04:12
The Republican party is a hate party. Remember that right-wing troll who spammed here. They constantly said abortion not in danger, voter rights not in danger, gay rights not in danger. Always Bullshit.
"Jan 6th was legitimate political discourse"

But her e-mails...
Reactions:

Post by But her e-mails... »

Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... lassified/
Some Trump records taken to Mar-a-Lago clearly marked as classified, including documents at ‘top secret’ level
The existence of documents officially labeled as classified in the trove — which has not previously been reported — raises new questions about why the materials were taken out of the White House.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:fingcross: :popcorn:

New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/14/nyre ... ments.html
Accounting Firm Cuts Ties With Trump and Retracts Financial Statements

Associated Press: https://apnews.com/article/business-new ... 72cb80af34
Accounting firm: Trump financial statements aren't reliable

CNBC: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/14/trump-t ... iable.html
Tax firm Mazars fires Trump Organization as client, says former president's financial statements are unreliable

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The liars of the right definitely think they've got a hot one with this "Durham report," an official-sounding document that Republican propagandists will have you believe "proves" Hillary Clinton was spying on Donald Trump. The "report," however, is actually just a court filing made by John Durham, a right-wing lawyer installed in the Department of Justice by Trump and then-attorney general Bill Barr for the obvious purpose of generating conspiracy theories to feed into the right-wing propaganda mill. Fox News has been humping this non-report nonstop. Trump just used it as an excuse to once again threaten Hillary Clinton's life. And unfortunately, the mainstream media is failing to push back by labeling this conspiracy theory for the bucket of nonsense that it is.

The headline for the New York Times debunking of the Durham conspiracy theory lamely called it "off track," even though "plainly nonsense" is a conclusion anyone who actually reads the article — which will be a tiny percentage of people — would reach. Worse is the Washington Post's supposed "fact check," which is headlined, "Here's why Trump once again is claiming 'spying' by Democrats," without noting that it's a lie or falsehood. The article debunks Trump, but again, few will actually read the whole article, especially since it's full of the same dense legalese and techno-babble. Worse, CNN simply ran with, "Special counsel Durham alleges Clinton campaign lawyer used data to raise suspicions about Trump," replete with the "one side says/the other says"-style reporting, without indicating that the Trump side is a bunch of loony liars, as usual.

This failure to call Trump's lies out for what they are is especially troubling in light of Trump exploiting this conspiracy theory to call, once again, for the death of Hillary Clinton.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Mueller report, Durham report. I'm sure Comey is not losing any sleep

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/17/nyre ... james.html
N.Y. Attorney General Can Question Trump and 2 Children, Judge Rules

Associated Press: https://apnews.com/article/business-new ... 9c00491298
Trump must testify in New York investigation, judge rules

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

... late Thursday, the story took another turn, as Durham responded to Sussman’s filing to dismiss the case, and added some clarity to the misreporting.

Savage wrote about the new filing, saying Durham “distanced himself on Thursday from false reports by right-wing news outlets that a motion he recently filed said Hillary Clinton’s campaign had paid to spy on Trump White House servers.”
Mediaite reached out to Fox News to ask if the network no longer felt the bombshell that Hillary Clinton spied on Trump was newsworthy, or if they no longer believe that it’s true. Fox News has not replied.

In a column published earlier this week, I asked how real journalists could compete with a network such as Fox News that was so comfortable reporting falsehoods. The fact that the network has apparently ceased covering a story that they got so unbelievably wrong, without any public statement acknowledging it, just proves the point I made in that column.

What an incredibly embarrassing moment for Fox News.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anybody heard about the "Don't Say Gay" bill in Florida?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 04:58
Yep. Appalling. The US is going backwards.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 05:15
Guest wrote:
I read something recently about a new clause being added wherein school faculty have to make a plan to inform parents if they find out a kid is "calling themselves" gay. Like basically it can't be talked about at school but if it is, they have to out the kid to their parents. I can't imagine what good that could possibly do, even in a supportive environment, that's a decision that should be fully up to the kid to figure out and and open up about on their own terms?! Made me so mad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 06:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I read something recently about a new clause being added wherein school faculty have to make a plan to inform parents if they find out a kid is "calling themselves" gay. Like basically it can't be talked about at school but if it is, they have to out the kid to their parents. I can't imagine what good that could possibly do, even in a supportive environment, that's a decision that should be fully up to the kid to figure out and and open up about on their own terms?! Made me so mad.
From what I read, there would be no protections for the kids if their parents could abuse or neglect them after being told. Totally wrong. Its an invasion of the kid’s privacy and WILL endanger some of them. I can’t believe that the US is coming to this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 06:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
From what I read, there would be no protections for the kids if their parents could abuse or neglect them after being told. Totally wrong. Its an invasion of the kid’s privacy and WILL endanger some of them. I can’t believe that the US is coming to this.
I read that too. Awful. And to be honest, I'm a little confused as to where this whole outing kids to parents thing factors in with the original bill anyway, cuz I thought its purpose was to prevent homosexuality being discussed in schools?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 07:09
Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 06:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I read that too. Awful. And to be honest, I'm a little confused as to where this whole outing kids to parents thing factors in with the original bill anyway, cuz I thought its purpose was to prevent homosexuality being discussed in schools?
I don’t know. Thats just what I read. A representative (congressman I think) commented on it too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Democrats tune out national news during Biden era
https://www.axios.com/democrats-nationa ... e4e14.html
The decline among Democrats ages 18-34 is staggering. Roughly a quarter (24%) said they paid a great deal of attention to national news in 2021, compared to 70% in November 2020. Those ages 35-54 also tuned out significantly.
Many right-wing outlets have seen traffic declines during Biden Administration, likely due to overall news fatigue, as Axios has previously reported.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 19:29
I never felt that comfortable around principals. Remember the line from Kissing Jessica Stein-
Did you tell your analyst?
No, much too personal

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

can someone tell me where do I check if someone is registered republican or democrat in LA, thanks

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 19:24
can someone tell me where do I check if someone is registered republican or democrat in LA, thanks
In Canada, I would suggest financial institutions but I am not familiar with LA.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Trump fucking gets away with everything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Did you try https://voterrecords.com/

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
This is the Los Angeles County Registrar/Clerk webpage for checking registration. You need to know the address you were registered at. Don't forget that LA Cty has same day registration AND you can vote anywhere in the county. Actually, you can vote anywhere in the state but your ballot will be provisional until checked out by the LA County Register/Clerk's office.

https://lavote.gov/vrstatus

This second LA County Registrar/Clerk webpage is to register online if it turns out you are not register or want to change your address.

https://registertovote.ca.gov/

I must say as a Angeleno and Californian myself, I feel proud at how easy the state of California makes it to register and vote.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 22:37
Guest wrote:
This is the Los Angeles County Registrar/Clerk webpage for checking registration. You need to know the address you were registered at. Don't forget that LA Cty has same day registration AND you can vote anywhere in the county. Actually, you can vote anywhere in the state but your ballot will be provisional until checked out by the LA County Register/Clerk's office.

https://lavote.gov/vrstatus

This second LA County Registrar/Clerk webpage is to register online if it turns out you are not register or want to change your address.

https://registertovote.ca.gov/

I must say as a Angeleno and Californian myself, I feel proud at how easy the state of California makes it to register and vote.
thank you and the other anon!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:goldstar:

Saki888
Veteran

Post by Saki888 »

I knew it would be her, she was the obvious choice from the beginning

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 20:42
Guest wrote:
I never felt that comfortable around principals. Remember the line from Kissing Jessica Stein-
No, much too personal
Guys, this bill passed today. :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 23:38
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
No, much too personal
But this thread and similar political threads on this board told me over and over again that Trump and his acolites where ok with 'the gays'.
I wonder what happened...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 23:58
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
No, much too personal
But this thread and similar political threads on this board told me over and over again that Trump and his acolites where ok with 'the gays'.
da
Only trolls in here said that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 00:06
Guest wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 23:58
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
No, much too personal
da
Only trolls in here said that.
Republicans are showing their true colors