Kristen Stewart - Part VIII

Reactions:

Re: Kristen Stewart Part VIII

Post by Guest »

crickets wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 15:00
:queen: Love this pic they chose as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 15:29
5 out of those 10 best films are Neon's.

Guestttttt
Reactions:

Post by Guestttttt »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 08:15
Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 08:00
I am not going to engage the troll but people need to understand how the casting process works. Directors, producers and writers have to go through an actress' agents to get to her. An agent can easily reject most of those initial contacts. Assayas couldn't reach Kristen on his first attempt because her agents wouldn't pass the script to her. I can't even imagine how many other such cases happened after Kristen got big in 2008. Her WME agent was smart enough to get Pablo in touch with Kristen. There is a reason she is a partner at WME.
x2 it’s bizarre how some don’t get what agents do. Yes, sometimes they go out and hunt for projects but often they need to be the ones to facilitate between the producers/directors and the actor, especially when the actor is a known entity like Kristen and people approach her. That’s just as important. They also advise their clients on which of those roles to accept. Downplaying Elyse’s role in this is just weird when she was the first point of contact and encouraged Pablo to call Kristen while hyping Kristen up to him by calling her fearless.
I really don't understand the drama here. Pablo and Elyse were in the same place and he was smart and took advantage of the situation and ask her about Kristen, that was the first point. We Know that she signed Crimes of the Future with the help of WME and then she'll be directing, her currently project is "old", We can't expect a lot announcements because she is focusing on her debut. Still it's a great time for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestttttt wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 15:39
Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 08:15
Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 08:00
I am not going to engage the troll but people need to understand how the casting process works. Directors, producers and writers have to go through an actress' agents to get to her. An agent can easily reject most of those initial contacts. Assayas couldn't reach Kristen on his first attempt because her agents wouldn't pass the script to her. I can't even imagine how many other such cases happened after Kristen got big in 2008. Her WME agent was smart enough to get Pablo in touch with Kristen. There is a reason she is a partner at WME.
x2 it’s bizarre how some don’t get what agents do. Yes, sometimes they go out and hunt for projects but often they need to be the ones to facilitate between the producers/directors and the actor, especially when the actor is a known entity like Kristen and people approach her. That’s just as important. They also advise their clients on which of those roles to accept. Downplaying Elyse’s role in this is just weird when she was the first point of contact and encouraged Pablo to call Kristen while hyping Kristen up to him by calling her fearless.
I really don't understand the drama here. Pablo and Elyse were in the same place and he was smart and took advantage of the situation and ask her about Kristen, that was the first point. We Know that she signed Crimes of the Future with the help of WME and then she'll be directing, her currently project is "old", We can't expect a lot announcements because she is focusing on her debut. Still it's a great time for her.
Da. No drama, just some fans giving all the credit to Pablo and others think Elyse should get credited as well. I personally am on the side that favors Pablo. Kristen's agent imo didn't do anything special.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 11:53
Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 11:26
Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 06:41
Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 02:45
ryann wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 02:11
Kristen started following Steven Yeun on instagram
:dance2: it made me happy!!! Steven Yeun is such a good person. if fans love any of Kristen's coworkers....everyone will love Steven because he is genuinely kind.
Da. I wonder tho, how much of their time on set they will spend together tho? The concept sounds so strange that even tho they are leads they could be filming their scenes separately and only see each other off camera. I hope they'll hit it off as friends after this tho because Steven is great. Wish there was a way for Kristen to work with him *and * Dave Patel because Dave is amazing too but maybe some other time.
DA I have the exact opposite impression. I think the movie will be only Kristen and Steven interacting. They "represent" everything that existed on the planet and no longer exists. So, they will interact to each other representing other people that no longer exists because the planet is dead now. At least, that was what I got from what Kristen said about it. She said there would be a lot of fight, sex, among other things, so I guess a lot of interactions.

Ugh, I just don't know. Kristen mentioned different genders, races, etc. so I don't want to see Kristen playing all that (especially not someone of different race) because the backlash and hate she will receive is going to be huuuuuuuge if that happens. It's highly problematic if she and Steven are going to play anything other than characters who are of their own race/gender (different sexuality is fine).
If their characters are transforming into other races or genders, they’ll probably have other actors in those parts. They’re not going to have them do blackface. I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

sicvita
Reactions: 11

Post by sicvita »

Read the screenplay from, “Spencer”:

https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads ... enplay.pdf
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

sicvita wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 18:49

Wow! Thank you!

sicvita
Reactions: 11

Post by sicvita »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 18:56
sicvita wrote:

Wow! Thank you!
You’re welcome. Just by chance I saw the article at Deadline (https://deadline.com/2021/12/spencer-sc ... 234889300/).

Enjoy!
1 Image

crickets
Reactions: 77

Post by crickets »

sicvita wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 18:58
Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 18:56
sicvita wrote:

Wow! Thank you!
You’re welcome. Just by chance I saw the article at Deadline (https://deadline.com/2021/12/spencer-sc ... 234889300/).

Enjoy!
Omg! Thank you. That is really interesting!
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kristen followed +1 (344)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Alissa posted pics of Dylan's cat and Bear on her igs. Last night she posted pics of Dylan's cat on "her bed" and it was actually Kristen and Dylan's bed, so I think Alissa is cat/dog sitting and Dylan is in Vancouver.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Also nominated were Chastain, Emilia Jones, Colman, and Gaga.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 23:01
Alissa posted pics of Dylan's cat and Bear on her igs. Last night she posted pics of Dylan's cat on "her bed" and it was actually Kristen and Dylan's bed, so I think Alissa is cat/dog sitting and Dylan is in Vancouver.
Hope Dylan will post something :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

For those keep track, Vegas will announce winners tomorrow. Tessa won NY Film Critics online and Boston voting is underway. Jonny Greenwood won Best Score for Spencer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kristen won Philadelphia! I’d like to think our Philly anon had something to do with it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 23:37
Kristen won Philadelphia! I’d like to think our Philly anon had something to do with it.

Kristen had a good day today. 1 win , two nominations. She was in the mix for the fourth one. Tessa won the fifth one. The most important ones tomorrow are Globes and CCA noms that no actor can afford to miss.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

[quote=Guest post_id=4103744 time=1639352924]
[quote=Guest post_id=4103705 time=1639352276]

https://twitter.com/philafcc/status/147 ... 29474?s=21
[/quote]

Kristen had a good day today. 1 win , two nominations. She was in the mix for the fourth one. Tessa won the fifth one. The most important ones tomorrow are Globes and CCA noms that no actor can afford to miss.
[/quote]

Even with the ones she lost to Tessa and Alana (NY Film Critics Online and Boston, respectively), at least she didn’t lose to one of Hyde other frontrunners, like Gaga or Chastain or Colman or Kidman. Tessa and Alana have missed noms elsewhere. And Kristen was one of the runners up in Boston. Kristen hasn’t missed a nom yet in any of the groups that announce noms. Good day and a huge one tomorrow.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Congrats to our Philly anon!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 00:04
Guest wrote:

Way to go Philly critics and Philly anon!

Onward to the (reformed?) GG and CC tomorrow. :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 00:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This year CC is going to be far more important. It’s taking GG’s slot as a televised award. Given GG’s fall from grace and legitimacy, I doubt studios or nominees will even acknowledge the GG’s. It will definitely still be reported on by the trades but it’s status as a precursor is greatly diminished.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 01:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This year CC is going to be far more important. It’s taking GG’s slot as a televised award. Given GG’s fall from grace and legitimacy, I doubt studios or nominees will even acknowledge the GG’s. It will definitely still be reported on by the trades but it’s status as a precursor is greatly diminished.
Pretty confident Kristen is winning them both anyway

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Thanks for reporting this! Yah! And, no, I had nothing to do with it ! Spencer is still showing in one theater here, btw. :dance2:

Philly anon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Kristen has fans in Philly. Her Phila. Film Festival screenings( cosm, ps, seberg and spencer) got good turn outs. Crx and Anesthesia( yes, Anesthesia ) and Lizzie were all shown in theaters here along with everything else that got theatrical releases excluding Equals and BLLHW.

Philly anon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hi! What time are the CC and GG today? Thanks!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 09:26
Hi! What time are the CC and GG today? Thanks!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Look for CCA. We don't even know if Neon send any screeners to GG. Apparently, several studios have not send any screeners to them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is this movie worth it even for someone who's not particularly interested in this theme?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 10:07
Look for CCA. We don't even know if Neon send any screeners to GG. Apparently, several studios have not send any screeners to them.
No one sent screeners. There have been several articles in the trades about the boycott. And GG decided category placements on their own bc studios wouldn’t engage with them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 11:25
Is this movie worth it even for someone who's not particularly interested in this theme?
it plays out more like a psychological drama/thriller than a biopic or film about the royal family

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 10:07
CCA isn't much better than GG (HFPA). LA Times just had an article about their own rotten business practices. It's just that GG are much bigger brand so more people talked about how corrupt they were/are. Not many cate about CCA to fuss about LAT's expose.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 11:25
Yes, for sure! I was not interested in the theme either, but the movie was very much worth it because it is rather using the theme as a backdrop and focusing on the internal state of the main character and her descent into madness. Cinematography and music are excellent, and of course it features a stellar performance from Kristen. The whole film takes place over three days only so it's not a typical biopic (if it can be called that at all).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know when that interview with David Cronenberg will come out?
Also, didn’t Adir post a photo of K in front of a computer and Amy Kaufman (LA times) reposted it with a “that’s me” caption? (Maybe I’m remembering this completely wrong) did we get the article/interview?
Also, remember when she was doing interviews during TIFF, a man journalist posted a screencap of the zoom on his Twitter and he was smiling and K was too and doing like monster hands :lol: does anyone remember his name so I can look for the interview/article? It would’ve been for a Canadian outlet and I don’t remember seeing it. Thanks!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 12:56
Also, didn’t Adir post a photo of K in front of a computer and Amy Kaufman (LA times) reposted it with a “that’s me” caption? (Maybe I’m remembering this completely wrong) did we get the article/interview?
Also, remember when she was doing interviews during TIFF, a man journalist posted a screencap of the zoom on his Twitter and he was smiling and K was too and doing like monster hands :lol: does anyone remember his name so I can look for the interview/article? It would’ve been for a Canadian outlet and I don’t remember seeing it. Thanks!
We got the LAT one when movie was released.
Kristen wasn't at TIFF this year, she didn't do press for them. The only thing she did was that special conversation thing via zoom. TIFF said it won't be available to general audiences, it wasn't taped.
Cronenberg interviewing Kristen seems to be m.i.a.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 13:12
Guest wrote:
We got the LAT one when movie was released.
Kristen wasn't at TIFF this year, she didn't do press for them. The only thing she did was that special conversation thing via zoom. TIFF said it won't be available to general audiences, it wasn't taped.
Cronenberg interviewing Kristen seems to be m.i.a.
I know we got a LA Times article but by Amy Kaufman? I couldn’t find it, I’ll search again.

I know she didn’t go to TIFF but she did interviews via zoom for Canadian press that same morning of the TIFF conversation and this guy posted a picture of his interview but I never saw it so I wondered if anyone had a link.

ryann
Reactions:

Post by ryann »

She's nominated for a golden globe!!!!!!! :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Maybe this interview is for crimes of the future promo

Shamrocker
Veteran
Reactions: 386

Post by Shamrocker »

ryann wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 14:23
Because most nominees are read in alphabetical order, we always have the suspense of her being called last or almost last hahaha

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yay Kristen!!! :dance2: :heart: :queen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ryann wrote:
:dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 14:25
:queen:

mcdumbass
Reactions: 20

Post by mcdumbass »

I know the Golden Globes have been mired in controversy over the past couple years but I’m so happy and proud of Kristen for getting her first major award nomination in the States ❤️
2 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 14:36
ryann wrote:
:grouphug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kristen has been nominated by the Chicago film critics. Winners will be announced on Wednesday. Spencer also got nominations for costume design and score.

Shamrocker
Veteran

Post by Shamrocker »

Las Vegas Film critics announce award winners in 50 minutes and I think Critics Choice Nominees are announced at 9am PST
Last edited by Shamrocker on 13 Dec 2021, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 14:50
Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 14:36
ryann wrote:
:grouphug:
Yea Team! The Globes reputation this year is still a work in process….but the sniping would have been endless if she had not been in the top 5, so glad that she’s in!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

is there gonna be a livestream for the critics choice nominations

Shamrocker
Veteran

Post by Shamrocker »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 15:12
is there gonna be a livestream for the critics choice nominations