Post by Guest »

This dog looks half floppy ear rabbit half dog

Reactions:

Re: Cat feet; are fucking brilliant.

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've already asked this question in a different thread but I've got no reply, so please forgive me if I post it here. It's a thread about cat lovers, I really need help.

Do you know any ways to detect ultrasonic?
I suspect my neighbors have installed some ultrasonic cat repeller for my cats are currently going crazy when they go out on the terrace. They are terrified and they don't want to go out anymore.

First of all, my cats are not the issue here, I mean the house I'm talking about is my holiday one and my cats never leave it because they are not used to leave any of my houses (I live in a big city so it's dangerous for them to go out). They don't disturb at night, they don't invade other properties, they are just house cats, lazy and fat.

The problem is one of my neighbors is a perfect idiot, it all started last summer because he started feeding a feral kitten leaving food near his house, without cleaning or removing plastic plates... I have nothing against feeding feral cats, I'm volunteering at an animal shelter so I know the first rule is not leaving food near houses to avoid trouble with neighbors but he's an idiot so...
To make it short, he attracted all feral cats around :eyeroll: and I spent last summer nights with my frames closed because I found a sick cat on my terrace several times. I didn't want him inside and I didn't want my cats to deal with him because he was contagious. I had to put the litters inside, go figure. We don't use AC there because there's no need to but having the frames closed at night... ok, last summer was hell for me but I did not complain because my neighbor is not a nice person, if you get what I mean.
This year I've seen no cats around but mine have literally gone crazy, they were terrified at the mere idea of going out on the terrace and they were acting weird inside my house too, always scared. There's a weird black thing near my house and I suspect it's a cat repeller. Is there a way to detect ultrasonic? Before arguing with that asshole I'd like to make sure my suspects are right.
TIA and sorry if it's OT

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 02:04
I've already asked this question in a different thread but I've got no reply, so please forgive me if I post it here. It's a thread about cat lovers, I really need help.

I suspect my neighbors have installed some ultrasonic cat repeller for my cats are currently going crazy when they go out on the terrace. They are terrified and they don't want to go out anymore.

First of all, my cats are not the issue here, I mean the house I'm talking about is my holiday one and my cats never leave it because they are not used to leave any of my houses (I live in a big city so it's dangerous for them to go out). They don't disturb at night, they don't invade other properties, they are just house cats, lazy and fat.

The problem is one of my neighbors is a perfect idiot, it all started last summer because he started feeding a feral kitten leaving food near his house, without cleaning or removing plastic plates... I have nothing against feeding feral cats, I'm volunteering at an animal shelter so I know the first rule is not leaving food near houses to avoid trouble with neighbors but he's an idiot so...
To make it short, he attracted all feral cats around :eyeroll: and I spent last summer nights with my frames closed because I found a sick cat on my terrace several times. I didn't want him inside and I didn't want my cats to deal with him because he was contagious. I had to put the litters inside, go figure. We don't use AC there because there's no need to but having the frames closed at night... ok, last summer was hell for me but I did not complain because my neighbor is not a nice person, if you get what I mean.
This year I've seen no cats around but mine have literally gone crazy, they were terrified at the mere idea of going out on the terrace and they were acting weird inside my house too, always scared. There's a weird black thing near my house and I suspect it's a cat repeller. Is there a way to detect ultrasonic? Before arguing with that asshole I'd like to make sure my suspects are right.
TIA and sorry if it's OT
Does it look something like these? You might want to check local laws for placement of these devices. Maybe they have to be a certain distance from the property line or not pointed at your property.

Dizz
Veteran
Reactions: 243

Post by Dizz »

:mask:

dadou
Reactions: 242

Post by dadou »

1 Image
:tinfoil:

dadou

Post by dadou »

1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm more of a dog person but cats are slowly growing on me and I love this thread.

You cat lovers should follow Larry the cat twitter. Just google Larry the cat. For those who do not know Larry is the resident mouse of 10 Downing Street.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 23:35
I'm more of a dog person but cats are slowly growing on me and I love this thread.

You cat lovers should follow Larry the cat twitter. Just google Larry the cat. For those who do not know Larry is the resident mouse of 10 Downing Street.

ohh girl larry is celebrity in this thread lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 04:13
Guest wrote:

TIA and sorry if it's OT
Does it look something like these? You might want to check local laws for placement of these devices. Maybe they have to be a certain distance from the property line or not pointed at your property.
First of all, ty for your reply.
Local laws here state stray animals are protected and repellers are allowed as long as animals can avoid them, or it's animal abuse and it's a crime. It means a stray cat can avoid an ultrasonic repeller just by staying far from it. No need to tell you my cats can't avoid it if my house is in its range. This is why I'm asking about a way to detect ultrasonics.
My neighbors are real assholes, mafia-style, I saw them beating stray cats many times just because they think leaving food near our houses is for that kitten only :fool: They are mafia-style for other reasons but it doesn't matter here.

Oh, I forgot one of the most awful details about the last summer. I had to clean my terrace and frames each day because that sick cat used to piss on them, it's about territorial matters I guess. No need to tell you how domestic animals react to this. Thank God I just let this out outside my house, but it's was hot during last summer, so sleeping with closed frames (and having to clean them almost every day because of stray cats' urine) was not funny, but at least I had to clean only outside.
The strange black thing near is my house is not like the one you posted (btw ty), I'm gonna take a picture of it.
Ty again

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 23:51
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 04:13
Guest wrote:

TIA and sorry if it's OT
First of all, ty for your reply.
Local laws here state stray animals are protected and repellers are allowed as long as animals can avoid them, or it's animal abuse and it's a crime. It means a stray cat can avoid an ultrasonic repeller just by staying far from it. No need to tell you my cats can't avoid it if my house is in its range. This is why I'm asking about a way to detect ultrasonics.
My neighbors are real assholes, mafia-style, I saw them beating stray cats many times just because they think leaving food near our houses is for that kitten only :fool: They are mafia-style for other reasons but it doesn't matter here.

Oh, I forgot one of the most awful details about the last summer. I had to clean my terrace and frames each day because that sick cat used to piss on them, it's about territorial matters I guess. No need to tell you how domestic animals react to this. Thank God I just let this out outside my house, but it's was hot during last summer, so sleeping with closed frames (and having to clean them almost every day because of stray cats' urine) was not funny, but at least I had to clean only outside.
The strange black thing near is my house is not like the one you posted (btw ty), I'm gonna take a picture of it.
Ty again
This might be what you are looking for. It's an app that will detect ultrasonic sound.
http://www.toon-llc.com/support/mtd_en.html

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou

Post by dadou »

1 Image

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 23:58
Draw me like one of your french girls
1 Image

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Leznon
Reactions: 9

Post by Leznon »

I made an ig so i can share pics of my cats with y'all :nervous:
1 Image 1 Image
~ Not in my backyard utensils, go back to China. :rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Chickpea looks like a baby there. Does she have a tiktok acct?

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 19:02
Chickpea looks like a baby there. Does she have a tiktok acct?
Nope, just imgur

Chips
Reactions: 39

Post by Chips »

1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I would adopt 100 black cats if I could.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dizz
Veteran