The L Word: Generation Q - Part II (Showtime; season 3 = final season)

Reactions:

Re: The L Word: Generation Q - Part II

Post by Guest »

Not sure if this is a leak, lol. Anyhow, we know they'll possible drag PiBette vs TiBette on as long as Vanessa and LuH are on board, so nothing new. Also, a time jump is something that's rather certain at this point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So apparently Sepideh also let it slipped that there will be season 3 during the watch party. It makes me wonder why they still havent announce it yet :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not sure that comment is any more revealing than what we’ve heard from other cast members though.

At this point I feel like we need the New York Times probability needle to sure which way this is leaning on an hourly basis :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jaq is so pretty and likable irl unlike Finley and she has chemistry with people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:34
Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:31
Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:20
Someone just posted that VW accidentally leaked there’s s3 on her ig.

imvanessawilliams
#tbt That time it was my Birthday and they sang to me on set! HUGE THANK YOU @marjalewisryan @thejenniferbeals and my entire #LwordGenerationQ family! You made me feel so wonderfully welcomed and appreciated! I APPRECIATE YOU! So looking forward to season 3! 🙏🏾 #lwordgenerationq @sho_thelword #iloveSURPRISES #CAKE #BIRTHDAYLOVE #TVFAMILY
LOL ok I ship Pippa now let’s put her with Gigi and Bette can have tuna
Stop trying to break up #Gini :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hxjzjjzh wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 02:51
No mama, we haven't slept together :angel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:36
Not sure if this is a leak, lol. Anyhow, we know they'll possible drag PiBette vs TiBette on as long as Vanessa and LuH are on board, so nothing new. Also, a time jump is something that's rather certain at this point.
Really??? I don't think so... unless it's a time jump with flashbacks to the door opening moment AND Dani in jail/her dad's trial. Maybe a half-episode catch up then a time jump? but wouldn't call a clean time jump a certainty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:37
So apparently Sepideh also let it slipped that there will be season 3 during the watch party. It makes me wonder why they still havent announce it yet :hmmm:
There's probably a bunch of stuff they still need to lock down like all the contracts, budget, number of episodes, scheduling and even determining likelihood of a 4th season or whether its the final one and then decide how to announce it to the press. Even if they already know they have a season 3 there's still a lot of logistics to be worked out before an announcement I'm guessing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was one of those that wished a fresh new batch of cast and characters for the show. Because L word's vibe represented a breath of fresh air, new messy fun relationships and people - and it can't be that with the OGs since they come with too much restrictions and baggage the audience/writers won't let go of - still can't believe how Tibette came back yet again

Its like Disney who can't seem to write new stuff when there's a whole world out there, rehashing classics that were perfect as they were, no need to revisit

BUT it sounds like this reboot in no small part was due to those 3 pushing for it and making a lot of sustained effort for it to even exist. Maybe as important as Marja coming on board, IC gave it to her probably knowing the other 3 backed it.
So being actors, of course they would feature strongly in it

The reboot would've been fine if they started without the OG, so long as they had better actors and/or characters then Micah/Tess/Sinley. Except now because they are so integrated, Gen Q wouldn't work without them there

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:44
Hxjzjjzh wrote:
:lol: Nice

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:48
Guest wrote:
There's probably a bunch of stuff they still need to lock down like all the contracts, budget, number of episodes, scheduling and even determining likelihood of a 4th season or whether its the final one and then decide how to announce it to the press. Even if they already know they have a season 3 there's still a lot of logistics to be worked out before an announcement I'm guessing.
Yeah if they are actually getting season 3 maybe they are trying to lock season 4 but it does seem like the actors are letting it slip quite a bit and I don’t think marja would one doing random interviews if she thought the show was done

Also to the anon asking about a time jump —- I bet they already filmed the pippa at the cac ending , Tina at bettes door ending and Dani in the jail ending and they will use like half the episode to show us and then maybe a 30 days later with Finley in rehab ... just my guess

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Hxjzjjzh wrote:
We only hold hands :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Hxjzjjzh wrote:
It's maman :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:39

Jaq is so pretty and likable irl unlike Finley and she has chemistry with people.
She's super cute. I first saw her in Easy and remember her being really good. It's a shame they casted her in such a role and haven't given her character much growth in two seasons. I blame the writing, because she can act.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:48
Guest wrote:
DA I feel like they should have worked most of that out before the season finished though. I mean who knows but something is seems off.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:45
Guest wrote:
Really??? I don't think so... unless it's a time jump with flashbacks to the door opening moment AND Dani in jail/her dad's trial. Maybe a half-episode catch up then a time jump? but wouldn't call a clean time jump a certainty.
I'm like 99.9% sure there's a time jump. There's no much that can be unfolded if they start where they left. They have to add some drama off screen to pick it up and start again with some stories.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:52
I was one of those that wished a fresh new batch of cast and characters for the show. Because L word's vibe represented a breath of fresh air, new messy fun relationships and people - and it can't be that with the OGs since they come with too much restrictions and baggage the audience/writers won't let go of - still can't believe how Tibette came back yet again

Its like Disney who can't seem to write new stuff when there's a whole world out there, rehashing classics that were perfect as they were, no need to revisit

BUT it sounds like this reboot in no small part was due to those 3 pushing for it and making a lot of sustained effort for it to even exist. Maybe as important as Marja coming on board, IC gave it to her probably knowing the other 3 backed it.
So being actors, of course they would feature strongly in it

The reboot would've been fine if they started without the OG, so long as they had better actors and/or characters then Micah/Tess/Sinley. Except now because they are so integrated, Gen Q wouldn't work without them there
DA I disagree. I would not have watched an L Word reboot that didn’t center Bette Porter. I know several people on here say reboots (in general) should be about a new cast, but I disagree. I only tune into a reboot if they center it on the original characters. Like, I loved Charmed growing up but refused to watch the reboot because it was not connected to the original, but I loved the Will&Grace reboot because it was literally the original show just 10 years later. Coincidentally, Will&Grace is the most successful reboot around and only ended at the actors request (they weren’t cancelled). So, it seems like that is the recipe for success: tie yourself as closely to the original as possible (because it was already successful with a built in audience) and then add new characters/elements to continue to grow the audience. GQ is in this no man’s land of fucking with the original while also not being something completely new. I only suffer through because JB/Bette is the center.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:56
Reached out to all her contacts at Showtime? …so she texted Bestie/Kelsey :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Don't you know what spoiler tags are? Stop clogging the thread with the SAME gifs over and over just to add one word answer to the post :fool: TIA ans sorry for the outburst, it is very hard to catch up sometimes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:42
Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

imvanessawilliams
#tbt That time it was my Birthday and they sang to me on set! HUGE THANK YOU @marjalewisryan @thejenniferbeals and my entire #LwordGenerationQ family! You made me feel so wonderfully welcomed and appreciated! I APPRECIATE YOU! So looking forward to season 3! 🙏🏾 #lwordgenerationq @sho_thelword #iloveSURPRISES #CAKE #BIRTHDAYLOVE #TVFAMILY
LOL ok I ship Pippa now let’s put her with Gigi and Bette can have tuna
Stop trying to break up #Gini :bigcry:
Lame ass tuna anon’s out there ruining vibes. Leave Gini alone =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

To all my contacts :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:05
Reached out to all her contacts at Showtime? …so she texted Bestie/Kelsey :rofl:
I doubt she even did that. At best if Kelsey is on the east coast it’s 6 am and 3 am on the west. No one is responding to Ash texts about renewal that early.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:11
DA
She’s legit now kay... she just had a podcast interview with the show runner. That puts her up high now and will prolly use that for future reference :nails:

:lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:16
Guest wrote:
DA
She’s legit now kay... she just had a podcast interview with the show runner. That puts her up high now and will prolly use that for future reference :nails:

Zero contacts lol showtime will prob cancel it today bc of Vanessa post jk

I am wondering if the delay has to do with if the show will go right to the streaming platform they are launching or if it will still be live

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:27
Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:16
Guest wrote:
DA

Zero contacts lol showtime will prob cancel it today bc of Vanessa post jk

I am wondering if the delay has to do with if the show will go right to the streaming platform they are launching or if it will still be live
Good point. Maybe they're deciding how to move forward. Streaming only would be a wise move imo. I really wish we knew the streaming numbers, it seems odd there's no date online.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

imvanessawilliams
I wish JB was there too to sing for Vanessa ☹️
I’m sure it was JB who made this birthday congratulations happen 🥰

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:00
Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:45
Guest wrote:
I'm like 99.9% sure there's a time jump. There's no much that can be unfolded if they start where they left. They have to add some drama off screen to pick it up and start again with some stories.
DA I bet on a time jump too. Nothing that long, maybe a month or so. Enough time for Finley's treatment to be halfway done and maybe Rodolfo's trial as well.

It'll likely start with Bette and Pippa still together. They'll drop some exposition in conversations to clue us in on what she and Tina discussed that night.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:22
The OGs don’t write shit. They give Marja their ideas, but Maria can’t execute them properly. Personally, I like JB’s ideas this season except the boring Angie plot. I absolutely hate Kate and Leisha’s ideas though, but Marja could’ve written them much better at least.
Re: Angie’s plot

3 years ago I most probably would have felt the same. But I now have a daughter who was donor conceived and it stirred up a lot for me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 11:02
Guest wrote:
The OGs don’t write shit. They give Marja their ideas, but Maria can’t execute them properly. Personally, I like JB’s ideas this season except the boring Angie plot. I absolutely hate Kate and Leisha’s ideas though, but Marja could’ve written them much better at least.

3 years ago I most probably would have felt the same. But I now have a daughter who was donor conceived and it stirred up a lot for me.
So it’s relatable for u? So both Gigi and bette plot u can relate right?

So what might not work for u anons might work for some others. Jeez anons...don’t be selfish.

I got one like the Finley stuff cos I went through that whole shit phase of having no job or stupid job and no sense of responsibilities...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:54
Guest wrote:
Hxjzjjzh wrote:
We only hold hands :$
in the dark :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hxjzjjzh wrote:
I need a girl to do this with :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA I don't have a kid but I thought Angie's plot was interesting. In fact, I wish they had explored it better. I wanted to learn more about how Bette felt, that insecurity that Gigi caught on, and I wish she had talked to Alice and Shane about it. But oh well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 11:46
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA I don't have a kid but I thought Angie's plot was interesting. In fact, I wish they had explored it better. I wanted to learn more about how Bette felt, that insecurity that Gigi caught on, and I wish she had talked to Alice and Shane about it. But oh well.
X2 JB has nice plot ideas but the problem is that Mario and co can't write for shit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 11:43
Hxjzjjzh wrote:
I need a girl to do this with :rageblush:
It bothers me that dani it's supposed to look like she's going down on gigi and it doesn't 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 09:28
So looks like we might get a S3?

I hope my baby is back for season 3. :fingcross: I'd be very happy and greatful. :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't think the ideas that JB had were bad, I think it's how they were executed and written. They have such weak writers that almost all of the storylines come across poorly. Think of all the crazy shit that went down in the OG, but it somehow worked 90% of the time because the cast and writing was solid.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:unsure:
Guest wrote:
That's not true, the OGs have power about their storylines. For example it was Leisha's idea to explore more Alice bisexuality and she got a boyfriend... Thank you Leisha for your "brilliant" idea for a lesbian show, I wonder why your acting career is not existing outside TLW and don't get me started on Kate Moenning because it's just sad how she has end up like that :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 11:56
Guest wrote:

I hope my baby is back for season 3. :fingcross: I'd be very happy and greatful. :dance2:
Bette had better turn up to that red carpet not leavin' this damn fine lady stood up :mask:
On another note, this was really sweet of the team to celebrate her birthday like this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 11:46
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

The only good plot that can come out of the donor storyline is:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 12:07
Guest wrote:
That's not true, the OGs have power about their storylines. For example it was Leisha's idea to explore more Alice bisexuality and she got a boyfriend... Thank you Leisha for your "brilliant" idea for a lesbian show, I wonder why your acting career is not existing outside TLW and don't get me started on Kate Moenning because it's just sad how she has end up like that :eyeroll:
Did you actually read the Post you’re disagreeing with…?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 12:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Bette had better turn up to that red carpet not leavin' this damn fine lady stood up :mask:
On another note, this was really sweet of the team to celebrate her birthday like this.
:fingcross: :heart: :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 12:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The only way Bette is showing up is as a plot device to keep the TiBette tension going where Pippa gets used as a placeholder Jodi style. I’m over this triangle and rather have Bette single then see take up S3.

No more fish kissing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
x2 they should just act I know they are producers or whatever but god stfu let the writers do their thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 12:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
x2 they should just act I know they are producers or whatever but god stfu let the writers do their thing.
Lmao you guys acting like the writers room have such great ideas... Yeah we aaaall loved sinley cheating on Dani and public humilitiating her, Finley's drunk plot with no development, Micah's whatever (using another woman to realize she loves Maribel wtf), Dani suffering for two whole seasons, Gigi's lack of story whatsoever

Yeah, let's save these poor brilliant writers from the claws of the OGs and let them completely ruin the show with plot holes, out of character stories that make no sense and the total lack of fun and friendship dynamics. In fact, let's take the three characters that still make this show watchable away from it. That will give us another season for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 12:44
Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 12:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lmao you guys acting like the writers room have such great ideas... Yeah we aaaall loved sinley cheating on Dani and public humilitiating her, Finley's drunk plot with no development, Micah's whatever (using another woman to realize she loves Maribel wtf), Dani suffering for two whole seasons, Gigi's lack of story whatsoever

Yeah, let's save these poor brilliant writers from the claws of the OGs and let them completely ruin the show with plot holes, out of character stories that make no sense and the total lack of fun and friendship dynamics. In fact, let's take the three characters that still make this show watchable away from it. That will give us another season for sure.
so you loved shane being in love with tess and alice in a relationship with a man then?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Found this. Not bad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
What exactly is not true about what the OP said? That the OGs don’t write their storylines? Cuz they don’t, lol :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 13:11
Hey gibetters, this person is the ultimate captain of gibette ship. She doesn’t let go. :lol: I love her passion!