International Women's Football - Part III

Reactions:

Re: International Women's Football - Part III

Post by Guest »

I’m not sure, but I don’t think she played and nobody said why. Are Chelsea followers here who know something about?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emma Hayes said this to reporters about Lauren James next week, so it sounds like she won't be playing at the start of the season:

"We’re taking time with Lauren, Lauren won’t be available at the moment, because there are some things we need to get right off the pitch, coming into a [new] environment. Her long-term future is bright with us but we need to make sure that she’s got everything in place so that she can succeed on the pitch, and she had a lot of injuries last year so we’re trying to take care of her in the right way."

Source: Tom Garry on Twitter

Block
Veteran
Reactions: 173

Post by Block »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 10:36
24J9ASA wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 10:33
I’m interested about Lauren James at Chelsea, hope she is getting minutes. And good luck for the MU girls ( they have Skinner😹)
I don’t massively follow Chelsea, has she played in any of the friendlies yet or is she injured?
She hasn't played any games yet. She's probably injured. I think Emma said she's training or something.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 11:02
I really hope they build everything they promised her. Their president is currently in the middle of two lawsuits for backing out of a construction contract for a new stadium for a different team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 10:44
She kinda looks like the older version of Chloe Logarzo

Block
Veteran
Reactions: 173

Post by Block »

Nothing about how long the deal is, right ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Block wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 11:11
Nothing about how long the deal is, right ?
The length is: until whenever she feels like it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Grammont right now!
Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 10:01
D1 schedule this weekend

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
D1 schedule this weekend

Any links? Especially for the PSG game

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 11:35
Guest wrote:
D1 schedule this weekend

Any links? Especially for the PSG game
The usual, canal plus and ata football, it depends where do you live

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 11:07
Guest wrote:
I really hope they build everything they promised her. Their president is currently in the middle of two lawsuits for backing out of a construction contract for a new stadium for a different team.
If they don’t do what Stoney wants she’ll just quit and come back. This is a woman who tried to resign the same day Man Utd were about to play Arsenal. If they don’t get what she wants she’ll probably quit before the NWSL season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 11:08
It’s honestly a great situation for Arsenal. Signed a high quality player for a free, we’re already stacked up front so she can just strengthen that and can play midfield if needed, but also knowing that she’s a bit older and has injury issues we’re strong enough that it won’t be devastating if she gets injured. I think Jonas is going to be doing a lot of rotating so she’s not going to “steal” playing time. And then when ACFC or SD inevitably buys out her contract Arsenal will get a good amount of money for it. And again, because we’re already strong up front it won’t be leaving us in a weaker position like City was in defense when Dahlkemper left.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If Heath plays the way she did at the Olympics then....good luck Charlie

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 11:51
If Heath plays the way she did at the Olympics then....good luck Charlie
I think it’s better to compare it to how she played the last WSL season, which was great and she will be surrounded by even better players now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 11:49
Guest wrote:
It’s honestly a great situation for Arsenal. Signed a high quality player for a free, we’re already stacked up front so she can just strengthen that and can play midfield if needed, but also knowing that she’s a bit older and has injury issues we’re strong enough that it won’t be devastating if she gets injured. I think Jonas is going to be doing a lot of rotating so she’s not going to “steal” playing time. And then when ACFC or SD inevitably buys out her contract Arsenal will get a good amount of money for it. And again, because we’re already strong up front it won’t be leaving us in a weaker position like City was in defense when Dahlkemper left.
I don’t think ACFC or SD will buy her out of her contract when they know they can get her for free if they wait another year for her contract to get up.

element
Reactions: 12

Post by element »

For those unfamiliar, please ignore any Stan talk. I know this thread will get an influx of troll posts after Heaths signing. It’s usually 2 insufferable trolls, they repeat the same words and use the same emojis so they shouldn’t be hard to miss.
Ignore, report and scroll past them and we will get to them as soon as we can.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 11:44
Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 11:07
Guest wrote:
If they don’t do what Stoney wants she’ll just quit and come back. This is a woman who tried to resign the same day Man Utd were about to play Arsenal. If they don’t get what she wants she’ll probably quit before the NWSL season.
That’s why I said I hope they give her what they promised her. She doesn’t deserve to go through that again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 11:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I don’t think ACFC or SD will buy her out of her contract when they know they can get her for free if they wait another year for her contract to get up.
Da
They both can mutually terminate their contract like Abby did with City. City didn't get a pay day from her leaving.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 12:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
They both can mutually terminate their contract like Abby did with City. City didn't get a pay day from her leaving.
It is very possible that there are clauses written in for that. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
Then what would be the point of a two year contract if they can’t make money off her leaving early? Why not a one plus one in that case?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 12:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
Then what would be the point of a two year contract if they can’t make money off her leaving early? Why not a one plus one in that case?
DA we don't know the contract length. It's probably either one plus one or two years with a buyout clause. Even if Arsenal gets a low buyout for Heath, since they signed her for free it will still be a gain.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
Could be very specific about where she could leave for. To keep her away from European competition.

Whenever there are clauses like that added, it impacts what the player is being paid. It is not like it is a one sided benefit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 12:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
DA we don't know the contract length. It's probably either one plus one or two years with a buyout clause. Even if Arsenal gets a low buyout for Heath, since they signed her for free it will still be a gain.
She’s a great player, but I think people are overestimating how much one of the teams in the US wants her enough to buy her out of a contract. I also think people are greatly undermining how much she may really want this move. Her agent said it is a dream come true for her. I think she will stay for both years.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 12:26

She’s a great player, but I think people are overestimating how much one of the teams in the US wants her enough to buy her out of a contract. I also think people are greatly undermining how much she may really want this move. Her agent said it is a dream come true for her. I think she will stay for both years.
Da. It's mutually benefit for all, she doesn't wanna go racing, so she's using this time to join her childhood club fulfilling a dream while waiting for a trade in the US.

She will stay until she gets traded to the team she wants in the US. It's simple, it's how the WSL was used to keep fit. Heath is killing two birds with one stone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
Da

The NWSL teams will have to trade with RLFC for her rights as well, so they won’t want to pay twice, unless SD get her in the draft in November.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Levante Real Madrid will be live on Levantes yt channel. Sweet!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 12:35
Guest wrote:

Da. It's mutually benefit for all, she doesn't wanna go racing, so she's using this time to join her childhood club fulfilling a dream while waiting for a trade in the US.

She will stay until she gets traded to the team she wants in the US. It's simple, it's how the WSL was used to keep fit. Heath is killing two birds with one stone.
No one even knows if there is a team she wants on the US more than she wants to play for Arsenal. That’s all just fans projecting what they want on to her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
Da agreed. She’s 33, injury-prone, and in the twilight of her career. She’s still a great player but she isn’t a future superstar in her early 20s anymore, I don’t know how much a lot of teams would be willing to buy her out of contract if indeed she signed for two years. I think this could very much be a “living out her childhood dreams before she retires” move for her. I think she’ll play through the next WC before retiring. If she signed on a one year with an option to extend I do think she may only stay the one season depending on what her other options are. If the option is to go be with Christen in LA or return to Portland so she can retire there I think she’ll take that, otherwise I could see her staying another season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 12:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
Da agreed. She’s 33, injury-prone, and in the twilight of her career. She’s still a great player but she isn’t a future superstar in her early 20s anymore, I don’t know how much a lot of teams would be willing to buy her out of contract if indeed she signed for two years. I think this could very much be a “living out her childhood dreams before she retires” move for her. I think she’ll play through the next WC before retiring. If she signed on a one year with an option to extend I do think she may only stay the one season depending on what her other options are. If the option is to go be with Christen in LA or return to Portland so she can retire there I think she’ll take that, otherwise I could see her staying another season.
She signed a two year deal, not a 1+1. It’s been reported multiple times by now. Why are people still in denial about it.

And again, you’re projecting what she wants on her. When has she ever shown she wants to play with Press in LA? That’s just what fans want.