Motherland: Fort Salem

Reactions:

Re: Motherland: Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 06:53
Funny thing. Even in the most hate place for Scylla (and Raylla and even Raelle), she wins the popular vote in a reddit poll. And Abigail is at the bottom. Love the shocking realisation from the users there who thinks their views of the show popularity is the real depiction of the reality... Well they are wrong.

Scylla/Raylla fans don’t post there as much because the haters are louder. But we’re definitely there. And they can cry about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 06:56
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 06:35
Also...

Amalia is a class act.
(but lol at her liking a tweet saying military scenes are overwhelming and drag the show)

Aemeth
Veteran
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

Imagine we had actually SEEN this friendship. Without her tweet we would have never known ^o)

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 01:57
But they added merch… mostly raylla… so they know what’s up.

https://shopfreeform.com/collections/mo ... fort-salem
Well hopefully it transcends into the show and not just the merch... :unsure: hopes for 2b still

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 06:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Also...

Amalia is a class act.
(but lol at her liking a tweet saying military scenes are overwhelming and drag the show)
Yes lol... this one!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Always so supportive of Taylor.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 02:04
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 01:24
Guest wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 23:01
Is no one gonna say it? That Raelle/Anacostia scene was a disappointment. I rewatched that sneak peek lots of times wondering how it would go on, just for that bs.
And lol at the insider...WTF there wasn't anything more ^o)
Let's be honest, this whole season has been one giant disappointment. Al those tiny breadcrumbs are t enough to make us forget how badly they've handled this season.
DA. Seeing it from general perspective and not my shipper heart, I think season 2 was far better than season 1, many more actions, deeper plots and heavier topics. Yes there are many plots going around but all still further the bigger storyline. The only thing that bothers me is how the Spree plot was sidelined because we are promised that this season will be more Spree focused. There's hints Nicte is connected to the Spree but still no confirmation so I won't take it to consideration. Hopefully 2B shows Spree side more

PS: This is just my views on the storyline ONLY, I turned the blind eye about the uneven acting quality in the show
Same thing you said about Raylla can be said about the Spree tho. I don't think the general audience feel the need to see more of the Spree or think there's a lack of it.

While the GA may not be so harsh as we are about the show right now, this season is still weak and a disappointment in many ways. And numbers are showing it.

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 07:05
Always so supportive of Taylor.

Taylor really is a great actress, no doubt.
And I spit out my drink when I saw she liked the army scenes drag tweet :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 03:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Is no one gonna say it? That Raelle/Anacostia scene was a disappointment. I rewatched that sneak peek lots of times wondering how it would go on, just for that bs.
Let's be honest, this whole season has been one giant disappointment. Al those tiny breadcrumbs are t enough to make us forget how badly they've handled this season.
DA. Seeing it from general perspective and not my shipper heart, I think season 2 was far better than season 1, many more actions, deeper plots and heavier topics. Yes there are many plots going around but all still further the bigger storyline. The only thing that bothers me is how the Spree plot was sidelined because we are promised that this season will be more Spree focused. There's hints Nicte is connected to the Spree but still no confirmation so I won't take it to consideration. Hopefully 2B shows Spree side more

PS: This is just my views on the storyline ONLY, I turned the blind eye about the uneven acting quality in the show
It has had great moments and heavier topics which I like, but even In a general perspective the Willa aspect has been handled so badly.
The storylines have been slow and a little bit repetitive, which is weird because the show did the slow really well in season 1. I mean Scylla was revealed as Spree in episode 1, the stakes were high in ep 5, but then Raelle only found out until ep 8. It was slow but things were moving forward, things were happening in general. This season you have Abigail dealing with the same shit for 5 episodes. War College shit that is not that interesting. New meh characters. Raelle is great one episode then not much of her on the other, she has suffered the most in terms of storylines imo. So to me, unbalance has been the biggest problem this season but I don't think it has been a total shit. QuarterHorn has been great although it seems it got to its peak in ep 5. Camarilla has been slow but at least you feel the story is moving and they are an actual threat. Nicte also slow but interesting. You have those good storylines but then episodes lose momentum when we go back to unit, repetitive shit, war college lalala
I totally agree.
I mean Scylla had little screentime but at least her storylines and scenes have been all badass and meaningful. Raelle has been sidelined within the multi-plot screentime-eater chaotic army machine and is being dragged down by the unit.

Which is such a pity cause Taylor is one of the best actresses of the show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tbf she probably liked it for the first part of the tweet and because it was a direct answer to hers. She probably didn’t realize the implication of the last part :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Also...

Amalia is a class act.
What should or can she actually do? She can't write negative stuff or even ignore them at all because the most screentime has the military stuff, it just would look bad from her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 07:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Also...

Amalia is a class act.
What should or can she actually do? She can't write negative stuff or even ignore them at all because the most screentime has the military stuff, it just would look bad from her
Ah nevermind I got it wrong, my normaly issues in the morning, I have not really woken up yet :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 07:41
Tbf she probably liked it for the first part of the tweet and because it was a direct answer to hers. She probably didn’t realize the implication of the last part :lol:
Ye, I think she just likes every comment under her Tweet. I think I would do it on her too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 08:09
Guest wrote:
Ye, I think she just likes every comment under her Tweet. I think I would do it on her too.
*on her place

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Where is sneak peeks????? :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guys, we should be more excited actually, in less than 2 weeks finally Raelle/Willa/Scylla reunion.We alsmost did it :dance2:

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 08:46
Guys, we should be more excited actually, in less than 2 weeks finally Raelle/Willa/Scylla reunion.We alsmost did it :dance2:
To be honest the past weeks have been like it's Christmas but you've been told you all your presents will come in February^^ but that aside I'm still excited for the raylla reunion of course :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Everyone selling their gay crackships so hard, thinking playing gay for a second is all you need to be popular :rofl:

(It's hilarious none of the recurring actors has more than a thousand followers. Nothing against them personally, just as a receipt for the bad writing and screen time distribution)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 08:57
Everyone selling their gay crackships so hard, thinking playing gay for a second is all you need to be popular :rofl:

(It's hilarious none of the recurring actors has more than a thousand followers. Nothing against them personally, just as a receipt for the bad writing and screen time distribution)
Ye it's funny :rofl: :rofl:
But it's a bit true actually. Alder's and Tally's videos have low viewes and likes. But their videos togeter Talder are doing much better, of course not that good as Raylla, or Scylla's and Raelle's videos but really better

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 09:05
Guest wrote:

But it's a bit true actually. Alder's and Tally's videos have low viewes and likes. But their videos togeter Talder are doing much better, of course not that good as Raylla, or Scylla's and Raelle's videos but really better
I'd say that's different since Alder and Tally are main characters and with them there's actual strong subtext. I meant the recurring characters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

So excited for ep 6. :eyeroll:
This makes me so angry tbh. From a witches show where the army basically consists only of female witches to episodes where screentime is wasted on male witches teaming up. This show went downhill real fast.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 09:10
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 09:05
Guest wrote:

I'd say that's different since Alder and Tally are main characters and with them there's actual strong subtext. I meant the recurring characters.
Ye, I agree but I meant it more in general and there is of course still other factors like storylines and acting. But gay crackships oft makes it a bit more popular, a bit more likes or viewes or noises

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Screen anon we are waiting for you :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I notice right now that Lyne is the only one who doesn't have Twitter or at least she doesn't tweet as other her co-stars when the episode get dropped

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think it's sad that Adil and gregorio exchanged more words so far than scylla and Raelle. I won't give a fuck about the Abigail, Adil and gregorio stuff. The Alder stuff I will power through in case something relevant to 5he plot happens. But hopefully we won't have Tally take over the rescue plot for ep 7... :rage: :rage: :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Scylla is smarter than Alder who lied last time by saying that was Spree's attack and not Camarilla's

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 11:02
I think it's sad that Adil and gregorio exchanged more words so far than scylla and Raelle. I won't give a fuck about the Abigail, Adil and gregorio stuff. The Alder stuff I will power through in case something relevant to 5he plot happens. But hopefully we won't have Tally take over the rescue plot for ep 7... :rage: :rage: :rageblush:
Just agree, they even learned Mothertongue together, who even needed this useless scene?! :rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 04:16
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 02:58
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 02:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da In theory yes but the execution on season 2 has made season 1 superior. imo
Exactly. It's not just about the lack of Raylla, but everything else. The over use of the damn unit scenes, the lack of screentime for Scylla. The lack of development on Willa or the Spree in general. There are so many missed opportunities that have been wasted on pointless plots. We're half way through the season and it's just now getting slightly more entertaining.
Yup.
I understand not making scylla and Ray meet for most of season as season 1, but they could have show slight longing from rayelle. They could have shown will's way of running her department in Spree instead of always showing her cooking , they could have shown Willa's arc of being badass, scylla's background little bit, Raelle's growth on her power of healing,,,maybe ray runbing her hand trying to see why S sign didn't come when syclla wasn't in prison, her thinking on why Scylla didn't try to get...I don't know...their are 100 ideas ...but all we have seen is unit
They might include a lot in last 2 3 episodes but good story tellers Don't do nothing for 5 episodes and then give everything in 2 just to keep viewers to the show
Well, this goes back to the Willa actress probably having very limited time to film. If she did, many of you will complain how bad her acting is. ^o) IMO the twist she’s still alive was a mistake, especially when it wasn’t in the original story. It retroactively made some things in S1 questionable now. She could have been any other Spree leader and the plot could continue. The only good fodder for drama is the effect on Raelle, and they will use her for that, but it will still feel like a poorly thought out character.

As for Raylla, the way they left things in the army cell… I think it’s like getting over a break-up. Raelle still loves Scylla, but she also wants to get over her because their situation doesn’t change. Scylla is with the Spree. She got close to her because she was the target. She lied to her. Raelle basically ran into her ex at the riot. :mask: :nervous: We all want them to get back together. But do you think Raelle wants to right now?

myka4hg
Reactions: 45

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think from a general audience point of view, most people will be enjoying season 2. Shippers can't be objective, we're too invested in our ships. So if our ships aren't going the way we want them to, we hate the show. If our ships are going great, we love the show. I can see how showrunners get frustrated with fandoms. They're trying to tell their stories & all anyone cares about is who's getting it on. :rofl: I think J Rothenberg got so pissed by it on The 100 that he punished all the shipper fandoms. I don't think any ship got a really satisfying conclusion. But he really was a twisted fuck. :rofl:

Just a cautionary word of warning to Twitter users, I really don't think it's helpful to tweet things like, "too much focus on the unit!!!" Considering the heart of the show is the unit, saying you hate that is just going to make shippers look like spoiled brats who aren't getting their ship. Hopefully Eliot is nothing like JR but there's always the danger if the fandom is annoying enough your ship might pay the price...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 06:57
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 06:53
Funny thing. Even in the most hate place for Scylla (and Raylla and even Raelle), she wins the popular vote in a reddit poll. And Abigail is at the bottom. Love the shocking realisation from the users there who thinks their views of the show popularity is the real depiction of the reality... Well they are wrong.

Scylla/Raylla fans don’t post there as much because the haters are louder. But we’re definitely there. And they can cry about it.
Reddit is fine. Everyone has their preferences. Because opinions vary a lot there, it also makes the discussion interesting. Some good theories about Alder and the Mycelium. I don’t know why you gays are bothered by Raylla haters. They’re present but they’re always in the minority and get down voted all the time. And then they complain about Raylla stans not being able to take on different opinions. Every platform really is a different reality, huh?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think 2a was a million times better than 1b which just goes to show how awful the end of season 1 was because season 2 is mostly a mess so far. 2b has potential especially with Raylla reuniting and us getting away from that boring ass military setting hopefully for good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

myka4hg wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think from a general audience point of view, most people will be enjoying season 2. Shippers can't be objective, we're too invested in our ships. So if our ships aren't going the way we want them to, we hate the show. If our ships are going great, we love the show. I can see how showrunners get frustrated with fandoms. They're trying to tell their stories & all anyone cares about is who's getting it on. :rofl: I think J Rothenberg got so pissed by it on The 100 that he punished all the shipper fandoms. I don't think any ship got a really satisfying conclusion. But he really was a twisted fuck. :rofl:

Just a cautionary word of warning to Twitter users, I really don't think it's helpful to tweet things like, "too much focus on the unit!!!" Considering the heart of the show is the unit, saying you hate that is just going to make shippers look like spoiled brats who aren't getting their ship. Hopefully Eliot is nothing like JR but there's always the danger if the fandom is annoying enough your ship might pay the price...
I don’t know if Jason Rothenberg is a great example to use as he was very active on twitter and enjoyed the attention he got from shippers and contributed greatly to fostering the ugliness and shipper wars that show attracted. It’s probably a good thing Eliot doesn’t have an account. I mean JRot had to apologize and take a year long social media timeout after the backlash hit. He was thoroughly dragged by major media outlets. I do think he resented shippers and most definitely punished them, especially the hets in the end (which was glorious tbh). But that dude is a great example of reaping what you sow with the hit his reputation took..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I completely forgot SDCC is tomorrow. Goes to show how much I am looking forward to it considering it was filmed over a month ago so I am not expecting anything different other than maybe a few teases about 2B

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:53
I completely forgot SDCC is tomorrow. Goes to show how much I am looking forward to it considering it was filmed over a month ago so I am not expecting anything different other than maybe a few teases about 2B
Yeah, it sucks that it was filmed during 2a but maybe they took into account when it would air - just as 2b is starting. Do you think we might get a 2b trailer? That could be something to be excited about.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:59
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:53
Yeah, it sucks that it was filmed during 2a but maybe they took into account when it would air - just as 2b is starting. Do you think we might get a 2b trailer? That could be something to be excited about.
That would certainly be welcome lol
They can always announce a season 3 too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:02
New 206 sneak peeks are out! https://www.dgepress.com/freeform/shows ... em/videos/
Omg, finally, it took forever

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Anacostia and Scylla argue? I want to see more. And Tally and Raelle discuss Alder. Meanwhile I'm still waiting for her to actually discuss scylla or her mother. I am so fed up with Alder and Tally.

JadedCynic
Reactions: 0

Post by JadedCynic »

myka4hg wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I wonder how much traditional media like FF value social media engagement and all that. Sure, it’s important, but is it the end all be all? How much control does a creator of Elliot’s stature have? Does he have to listen to notes from the studio/production company? He’s mentioned in interviews that FF does their own test screening and research on audience feedback. I have a feeling we may be living in a bubble here thinking that shipping can float or sink a show.

Not slamming the fans, but a show usually ends up brilliant (The Good Place) or terrible without much input from fans. It is what it is. One thing I’ve learned from other fandoms is that if the show runner cares too much about fan service/reaction, positive or negative, and nothing else, the end product is usually very underwhelming (J.J. Abrams and another producer that shall remain nameless come to mind…).
Last edited by JadedCynic on 22 Jul 2021, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That Quarterhorn sneak peek is chefs kiss.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:02
New 206 sneak peeks are out! https://www.dgepress.com/freeform/shows ... em/videos/
I like how Anacostia and Scylla challenge each other’s beliefs and motivations. They now trust each other enough to really take it to heart. Good stuff.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:07
I still have to wait. Is it that good? Do they mention raelle? Can it be seen that Anacostia sees her as a friend?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Ye like it!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:10
Guest wrote:
I still have to wait. Is it that good? Do they mention raelle? Can it be seen that Anacostia sees her as a friend?
No they are talking about what to do with Tiffany. Anacostia wants to take her to the Army. Scylla thinks she’ll be safe with dodgers. Then Anacostia tries to sweet talk her about how she turned out alright and Scylla was like “and here you are. with me. a terrorist”. Anacostia argues Scylla is not the same person she was a year ago and Scylla replies “then why did I laugh when I killed Shane?”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Their main topic is Raelle but they didn’t say her name. They discuss what they should to do now with Raelle since she is target by Camarilla. I guess it’s the sneak peek after the scene when Willa and Scylla will see Raelle‘s pictures in some Camarilla‘s house

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
No they are talking about what to do with Tiffany. Anacostia wants to take her to the Army. Scylla thinks she’ll be safe with dodgers. Then Anacostia tries to sweet talk her about how she turned out alright and Scylla was like “and here you are. with me. a terrorist”. Anacostia argues Scylla is not the same person she was a year ago and Scylla replies “then why did I laugh when I killed Shane?”
Hopefully Scylla sticks to not bringing her to the army.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Their main topic is Raelle but they didn’t say her name. They discuss what they should to do now with Raelle since she is target by Camarilla. I guess it’s the sneak peek after the scene when Willa and Scylla will see Raelle‘s pictures in some Camarilla‘s house
No they’re not talking about Raelle.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The writers love to keep mentioning the mall in every episode. Nothing changes for next episode I see.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Och forget I understood sneak peek wrong I guess because other anon wrote it’s about Tiffany and I guess this anon is right, I am just too optimistic about Raylla :lol: that what happens when the main couple are not together for so long😂 and they should use names in conversations man