Motherland: Fort Salem

Reactions:

Re: Motherland: Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

Amalia is honestly incredibly intelligent. I’m constantly in awe how she’s opinionated about every single topic and always has something thoughtful and smart to say about everything. I could listen to her talk for hours on end.

GUEST5
Reactions:

Post by GUEST5 »

This is such a good live. So informative and she's very engaged unlike the recent ones. hope they save it for those who might miss it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm way more annoyed at insignificant characters like Penolepe pointlessly sucking up screentime than Alder who is a key figure in this show (also Lyne is so freaking talented). Penelope is just a repetition of Tally's character distinctive features and Tally already has a lot of screentime, no need for Tally 2.0.

Same goes for M, did they really need to have a coven boss (or whatever, I don't even know what M is supposed to be)? Since the unit all matured and stuff couldn't they have just a coven leader? Maybe it could have been Abigail cause ofc Bellweather and writers could have expanded on the envy storyline and Abigail overcoming it thanks to learning leadership abilities. She would have had a better storyline instead of just Adil. M presence is useless and it's screentime that could have gone to Anacostia too. It would have been more emotional if it was Mamacostia and Tally saving Abigail ass for example. Let's not talk about Raelle and M talking about Scylla, with M who knows shit. It could have been Mamacostia maybe catching up on Raelle's frame of mind, with Anacostia perfectly knowing the depth of those feelings.

I won't even start on Gregorio. I hate all these new characters :rage: only ones that make sense are the new teachers and the imperatrix but ofc we see almost nothing about them cause that would mean expanding on the world building and we know Eliot didn't actually developed and deepened his fictional world.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love how Amalia always talks about Scylla haters with such disdain :rofl:
What a fucking mood.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:23
Amalia is honestly incredibly intelligent. I’m constantly in awe how she’s opinionated about every single topic and always has something thoughtful and smart to say about everything. I could listen to her talk for hours on end.
x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:35
I love how Amalia always talks about Scylla haters with such disdain :rofl:
What a fucking mood.
I loved it too :rofl:
That why I like her in general she is so smart and fun

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Amalia saying she’d like to play Abigail if not Scylla (even though last year she answered Alder) but then realized that would mean taking the role from Ashley so she’d settle for her sister instead.

Girl is a class act.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:41
Amalia saying she’d like to play Abigail if not Scylla (even though last year she answered Alder) but then realized that would mean taking the role from Ashley so she’d settle for her sister instead.

Girl is a class act.
Ye I was also surprised, like really Abigail ? but that it’s definitely a smart move from her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:44
Guest wrote:

Girl is a class act.
Ye I was also surprised, like really Abigail ? but that it’s definitely a smart move from her.
Abigails storyline is actually quite interesting. It’s just not engaging because Ashley can’t act.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:28
I'm way more annoyed at insignificant characters like Penolepe pointlessly sucking up screentime than Alder who is a key figure in this show (also Lyne is so freaking talented). Penelope is just a repetition of Tally's character distinctive features and Tally already has a lot of screentime, no need for Tally 2.0.

Same goes for M, did they really need to have a coven boss (or whatever, I don't even know what M is supposed to be)? Since the unit all matured and stuff couldn't they have just a coven leader? Maybe it could have been Abigail cause ofc Bellweather and writers could have expanded on the envy storyline and Abigail overcoming it thanks to learning leadership abilities. She would have had a better storyline instead of just Adil. M presence is useless and it's screentime that could have gone to Anacostia too. It would have been more emotional if it was Mamacostia and Tally saving Abigail ass for example. Let's not talk about Raelle and M talking about Scylla, with M who knows shit. It could have been Mamacostia maybe catching up on Raelle's frame of mind, with Anacostia perfectly knowing the depth of those feelings.

I won't even start on Gregorio. I hate all these new characters :rage: only ones that make sense are the new teachers and the imperatrix but ofc we see almost nothing about them cause that would mean expanding on the world building and we know Eliot didn't actually developed and deepened his fictional world.
Yeah, Penelope's scenes are way too long. I doubt she'll even live past this season, or at least that's my hope. The character is really boring and, as others have said, is probably just a way to make it more dramatic if the VP ends up being Camarilla. And he probably will be. Although it's not really necessary.

The actor who plays M is terrible at acting, even worse than Ashley and the guy who plays Adil. I hope M doesn't get much more screen time.

I didn't even watch the Gregorio scene with Adil. It must have been pointless because I understood the rest of the episode completely. He's honestly such a time drain. They could have made the scenes with Willa and Scylla longer, but noooooo they just had to give that screen time to some man no one cares about.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:08
Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:04
Heads up Amalia is live on ig right now.
Will someone report back on anything Motherland-related? I generally don't watch these things because I don't care about straight people, even though Amalia seems lovely.
how do you know her sexual orientation? she seems very private? Genuinely asking

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:46
Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:44
Guest wrote:

Girl is a class act.
Abigails storyline is actually quite interesting. It’s just not engaging because Ashley can’t act.
Well I mean when you have to choose between Alder, Raelle, Tally, Abigail and Anacostia. Abigail has definitely not the most interesting . Raelle and Alder is more interesting, especially Alder for an actress in my opinion

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ah, the stuggles when your bilingual but its actually bye-lingual :lol:
completely can relate to that.

Aemeth
Veteran
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

What an unconventionaly smooth way to say Raelle is Scylla's everything :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:54
Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:08
Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:04
Heads up Amalia is live on ig right now.
Will someone report back on anything Motherland-related? I generally don't watch these things because I don't care about straight people, even though Amalia seems lovely.
how do you know her sexual orientation? she seems very private? Genuinely asking
She's only dated men, at least in the past several years, so she might as well be straight. She lives with her current boyfriend. Also, when she's asked if she knew how queer women would react to Raylla, she gives answers that only a straight person would give. If you asked a gay person if they would be surprised about having a supportive/dedicated fanbase after playing a character in a gay relationship, the person would answer completely differently than Amalia. She always says she's surprised. Both she and Taylor. No gay person would be surprised by this. Even a closeted person would answer something like, "Representation is still a work in progress, so I can see why fans were really drawn to the story," etc.

Like I said, she seems like a lovely person. But I'm personally just not the kind of person who is going to be a hardcore fan of actors, artists, writers, etc. who are straight or are in man/woman relationships. That's my personal preference. Others are free to be fans of whomever and whatever they like.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There was not that much of motherland but I have to say I really enjoyed that one interview. One of the few interviews that was really good for “season 2”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 15:18
There was not that much of motherland but I have to say I really enjoyed that one interview. One of the few interviews that was really good for “season 2”
Yeah it was really really good overall even if they didn’t talk about the show much.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If they upload Amalia's full interview would someone post the link. tia.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 15:52
If they upload Amalia's full interview would someone post the link. tia.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRbvCfflhr ... =copy_link

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Amalia’s humbleness and honesty is so refreshing. She’s not trying to be anyone she’s not or trying to twist herself into knots in order to pander to whoever she’s speaking to or about in that moment. Just so genuine.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:hug: Thank you for the links.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 16:00
Amalia’s humbleness and honesty is so refreshing. She’s not trying to be anyone she’s not or trying to twist herself into knots in order to pander to whoever she’s speaking to or about in that moment. Just so genuine.
Agree, she is not trying to impress someone or be likeable, she is just who she is. But exactly that what makes her likeable

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 16:15
I like her answer :rofl:

I was not disappointed at all because I don’t care I still like Scylla, she is a great character and we all know that there is no one really good or bad in the show, everything is in grey area. But I was angry at Eliot a bit because I know that people who doesn’t get the show (haters) will drip on the nerves with their stupid comments

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 16:23
Guest wrote:

I was not disappointed at all because I don’t care I still like Scylla, she is a great character and we all know that there is no one really good or bad in the show, everything is in grey area. But I was angry at Eliot a bit because I know that people who doesn’t get the show (haters) will drip on the nerves with their stupid comments
DA. I admit, at the beginning I was in denial about Scylla being the mall girl. I was disappointed because of course it was against my moral and I didn't want my fav character to be that bad, not to mention the hate from viewers that I know would come with it. But by the end of season 1 I had time to accept that and all the hate that comes with it and now I'm fine with it and I really don't want them to do any sort of backtracking about that. Now comparing to the disappointment other characters, like Abigail got about her storyline this season, I can only say to their fans...give it time, you'll accept it :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love that Amalia still says that for Scylla, the army's system is not good for witches. I know Scylla is going to have to work with the army because of the Camarilla but I want her to keep being anti military. Seeing Raelle so ok with the army has been a bit disappointing, but I'm sure she'll be back to her rebel heart

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Amalia is a gem. So different from Scylla and yet still so charming and intelligent. That was a great interview even though I wish they had talked about the show more.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 16:34
Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 16:23
Guest wrote:

DA. I admit, at the beginning I was in denial about Scylla being the mall girl. I was disappointed because of course it was against my moral and I didn't want my fav character to be that bad, not to mention the hate from viewers that I know would come with it. But by the end of season 1 I had time to accept that and all the hate that comes with it and now I'm fine with it and I really don't want them to do any sort of backtracking about that. Now comparing to the disappointment other characters, like Abigail got about her storyline this season, I can only say to their fans...give it time, you'll accept it :lol:
I guess a lot of fans were questionable her actions a bit. But I just never compare shows to my moral standards from real world, I don’t like to do it. :lol: Everything what bothers me when I watch the show if it excited

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 17:04
I still don’t like this speech but ye it’s still Raylla crumbs, so maybe someone of you want to give some likes

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
I wish they had uploaded that other scene. Now I have to go into the comment section and write about Raelle's character developement or the oppostie of that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 17:07
Guest wrote:
I wish they had uploaded that other scene. Now I have to go into the comment section and write about Raelle's character developement or the oppostie of that.
Hahaha ye it sucks. I wish that they would upload that other scene too, where they look at each other, there is also this beautiful soundtrack

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I didn’t forget anything and yes I have issue with this speech

JadedCynic
Reactions: 0

Post by JadedCynic »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 12:13
Did anyone else notice Ashley fans complaining about Abigails poor story arc on the Motherland insta account? Ashley actually liked one of their comments. I can’t believe her. She bemoans everything and everyone else until she’s the centre of attention. And now she’s riling up fans doing it too.
That's a legitimate criticism, no? We're all complaining about how boring her storyline is and the poor writing overall. Why can't she show her frustration? If she demands more screen time or every fan must like her character, then that's another story.

Aemeth
Veteran
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

JadedCynic wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 17:33
Guest wrote:
Did anyone else notice Ashley fans complaining about Abigails poor story arc on the Motherland insta account? Ashley actually liked one of their comments. I can’t believe her. She bemoans everything and everyone else until she’s the centre of attention. And now she’s riling up fans doing it too.
That's a legitimate criticism, no? We're all complaining about how boring her storyline is and the poor writing overall. Why can't she show her frustration? If she demands more screen time or every fan must like her character, then that's another story.
To be fair her storyline this season really does suck, no sugarcoating it. Any actress, skilled or not would be frustrated by that.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 16:43
Amalia is a gem. So different from Scylla and yet still so charming and intelligent. That was a great interview even though I wish they had talked about the show more.
I liked this interview precisely because they talked less about the show and more about her. Listening to her talk about so many topics and having such good questions posed to her as well is rare in media these days. Usually it's fixed on the show or few basic questions. This was a really good interaction.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I giggle that Raelle is repeating a line from when she had her hand down Scylla’s pants. :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Aemeth wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 17:51
JadedCynic wrote:
Guest wrote:
To be fair her storyline this season really does suck, no sugarcoating it. Any actress, skilled or not would be frustrated by that.
Idk she complains on sm about everything including the heavy focus the fans give to Raylla. She just comes across as attention seeking. She’s not a great actor, I find it hard to care Abigail because of that. It’s not about the writing but how she sells it to me as a viewer and she just doesn’t. So I fail to engage.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Aemeth wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 17:51
JadedCynic wrote:
Guest wrote:
The whole season sucks, I don’t say that there is nothing good at all but the most things suck.
Also honestly I don’t know what they could do with her character actually. I guess I would have the similar ideas as writers about her storyline

JadedCynic

Post by JadedCynic »

Guest wrote:

The purpose of Penelope is to introduce witches hidden in the general population, and the power struggle that comes into the question because she's the VP's daughter. The problem is that it's been done before. The military takes young women as war meat (Raelle). Only privileged families can afford to protect their own (The Bellweathers).

I don't have problems with the new characters, because they're just side characters who won't get their own arcs to take away time from our main cast. In S1, what do we really know about Libba, Glory, Hilary, and Helen? It makes sense that the trio meet new people because they're in a different environment. These side characters just serve the same purpose.

I agree with Abigail's lacking storyline, though. Her being a natural leader feels forced. Being challenged at War College (and maybe M) is a good idea. I think the writers are pretty bad at writing romance. Raylla works because their conflict affects EVERYTHING. Their relationship ties into the main story. Tally X Gerit and Abi X Adil feel pointless. I was actually interested to see how Tarim's pacifism will drive a wedge into Abi x Adil. They try to continue that storyline in S2, and it remains the most interesting aspect of their relationship, but it becomes so muddled with everything else going on with Abigail.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

JadedCynic wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 18:09
Guest wrote:

The purpose of Penelope is to introduce witches hidden in the general population, and the power struggle that comes into the question because she's the VP's daughter. The problem is that it's been done before. The military takes young women as war meat (Raelle). Only privileaged families can afford to protect their own (The Bellweathers).

I don't have problems with the new characters, because they're just side characters and they won't get their own arcs to take away time from our main cast. In S1, what do we really know about Libba, Glory, Hilary, and Helen? It makes sense that the trio meet new people because they're in a different environment. These side characters just serve the same purpose.

I agree with Abigail's lacking storyline, though. Her being a natural leader feel forced. Being challenged at War College (and maybe M) is a good idea. I think the writers are pretty bad at writing romance. Raylla works because their conflict affects EVERYTHING. Their relationship ties into the main story. Tally X Gerit and Abi X Adil feel pointless. I was actually interested to see how Tarim's pacifism will drive a wedge into Abi x Adil. They try to continue that storyline in S2, and it remains the most interesting aspect of their relationship, but it becomes so muddled with everything else going on with Abigail.
I didn’t have problem with Gerit and Tally that much, they had chemistry at least.
This new character take already screentime from main or important characters away

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:21
Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 14:13
Oh yes Ashlley likes all kinds of comments on the rasism towards are character and more again.
What kind of comments? Racism by the fandom or the way her character is written?
The two.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
What is she holding in her hand?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 18:22
Guest wrote:
What is she holding in her hand?
Hmm lipstick ?

JadedCynic

Post by JadedCynic »

Guest wrote:
I didn’t forget anything and yes I have issue with this speech
I really don't see Raelle as pro-military. She's still rebellious, but she just knows how the system works. She knew she would become a lab rat. She hates handfasting (and rather be doing the mushroom thing than going to a party to find a mate). She knows Anacostia knows more about Scylla but won't tell her. The military is all about keeping secrets. Alder flat-out tells the cadets that. She is just there because her unit is there.

Without Scylla, Raelle sees no way out (or lacks the motivation to do anything about it). She talked about running away to a beach, but also "We're witches. Where's safe?" As we know we'll see things change again when she's off base.

I totally understand why fans take issues with this scene. I also understand that Raelle is in uniform at a MVC demonstration trying to de-escalate a mob. The writers put it there because Scylla is right there listening to her own words out of Raelle's mouth for dramatic effect. And Amalia was spot-on. She is hopeful because Raelle remembers, but it also hurts because Raelle's deeper in the military system now. The fans are feeling what Scylla is feeling when she frowns.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

JadedCynic wrote:
Guest wrote:

The purpose of Penelope is to introduce witches hidden in the general population, and the power struggle that comes into the question because she's the VP's daughter. The problem is that it's been done before. The military takes young women as war meat (Raelle). Only privileged families can afford to protect their own (The Bellweathers).

I don't have problems with the new characters, because they're just side characters who won't get their own arcs to take away time from our main cast. In S1, what do we really know about Libba, Glory, Hilary, and Helen? It makes sense that the trio meet new people because they're in a different environment. These side characters just serve the same purpose.

I agree with Abigail's lacking storyline, though. Her being a natural leader feels forced. Being challenged at War College (and maybe M) is a good idea. I think the writers are pretty bad at writing romance. Raylla works because their conflict affects EVERYTHING. Their relationship ties into the main story. Tally X Gerit and Abi X Adil feel pointless. I was actually interested to see how Tarim's pacifism will drive a wedge into Abi x Adil. They try to continue that storyline in S2, and it remains the most interesting aspect of their relationship, but it becomes so muddled with everything else going on with Abigail.
DA I agree that Penelope adds to the story, more so if her father ends up being a Camarilla supporter, but the show would be ok with less scenes with her. M adds nothing, but she is just there so it doesn't bother me that much, she is just annoying. I fail to see what's the importance of Gregorio, maybe just to be there in the middle of Adigail, which is the weakest part of Abigail's storyline. So to have him and Adil sharing a scene but cutting Willa is a weird decision. Yes the unit has to interact with other soldiers in war college and all, but the show would be ok with less scenes with them

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 18:38
JadedCynic wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA I agree that Penelope adds to the story, more so if her father ends up being a Camarilla supporter, but the show would be ok with less scenes with her. M adds nothing, but she is just there so it doesn't bother me that much, she is just annoying. I fail to see what's the importance of Gregorio, maybe just to be there in the middle of Adigail, which is the weakest part of Abigail's storyline. So to have him and Adil sharing a scene but cutting Willa is a weird decision. Yes the unit has to interact with other soldiers in war college and all, but the show would be ok with less scenes with them
x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Scylla's my favorite character, but what's grey about intentionally killing >1000 people? ^o)