Kristen Stewart - Part VIII

Reactions:

Re: Kristen Stewart Part VIII

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 13:13
Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 13:02
Guy who posted that tweet deleted it for some reason.
He said he feels many are underestimating Kristen's chances and that someone he knows who worked on Spencer set told him she was spectacular (his exact word).

And there's also this:

Thanks! Who posted that deleted tweet? Someone reliable/with connections? “Spectacular” is the same word used in that deuxmoi post. I hope he’s not basing what he heard on that lol. Unless it’s a coincidence or maybe the deuxmoi post is legit and they have the same source.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm waiting for Telluride confirmation. I know that sometimes film distributors skip Telluride in favor of a big Toronto gala screening but Kristen has never had a film play at Telluride in at least a decade and that's going to matter a lot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 13:17
I'm waiting for Telluride confirmation. I know that sometimes film distributors skip Telluride in favor of a big Toronto gala screening but Kristen has never had a film play at Telluride in at least a decade and that's going to matter a lot.
What film of hers went to Telluride?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 13:16
Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 13:13
Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 13:02
Guy who posted that tweet deleted it for some reason.
He said he feels many are underestimating Kristen's chances and that someone he knows who worked on Spencer set told him she was spectacular (his exact word).

And there's also this:

Thanks! Who posted that deleted tweet? Someone reliable/with connections? “Spectacular” is the same word used in that deuxmoi post. I hope he’s not basing what he heard on that lol. Unless it’s a coincidence or maybe the deuxmoi post is legit and they have the same source.
Tweet is gone and I really can't remember their @_name. All I know is that I don't follow them and they aren't a journalist or industry person. Sorry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 13:19
Guest wrote:
What film of hers went to Telluride?
I'm not sure if Into The Wild went to Telluride but nothing else has since then. I don't think Jackie went to Telluride but Larrain has had other movies there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
There is no reason Spencer can't hit all 3: Venice, Telluride, TIFF. Neon should definitely try to get it in to Telluride, it would mean a lot for films awards chances because so many of actual Academy members, many of them quite influential, attend that fest.

Neon also needs to work with CotF team to make room in Kristen's schedule for these festivals (if her role is big enough to warrant her being on that set right from the start).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 12:52
Awesome

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So far Spencer and The Power of the Dog, directed by Jane Campion and starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Kirsten Dunst, and Jesse Plemons and expected to be a big awards player, are the only two films confirmed for competition at Venice. I don’t think Neon is fucking around. Venice wouldn’t comment to Variety but Neon wants to start building buzz.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Something here confuses me (it doesn't mean it's a bad thing).
So, there's obviously some whispering about Spencer happening. I'm not talking about that gossip girl on ig account, film bloggers have heard ~things. That's nothing unusual. What's different is their reluctance to share, even super vaguely, what those rumors are. They don't even want to give a hint whether the buzz is positive or not. And that is odd because they don't act that way, they want to be the first to insinuate something, to be able to tell "you heard it here first, folks!". Good or bad rumors, they love that game of sharing ~exclusives. They obviously know something about Spencer but won't say it all the while they discuss gossip about other high profile movie with zero problem? Weird.
Last year Amazon people were whisper-yelling about Seberg months before it came out, it was kinda embarrassing. So far, Neon isn't doing anything like that or they aren't as obvious so these rumors about Spencer must be coming from people who know people who know people, that kind of thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 13:35
So far Spencer and The Power of the Dog, directed by Jane Campion and starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Kirsten Dunst, and Jesse Plemons and expected to be a big awards player, are the only two films confirmed for competition at Venice. I don’t think Neon is fucking around. Venice wouldn’t comment to Variety but Neon wants to start building buzz.
Yeah, it's crystal clear that Variety exclusive is Neon's official start of Spencer campaign. I just wonder what else they are doing behind closed doors and who is behind this secret talk about it, them/their marketing team or someone from Pablo's or producers' circle who saw the movie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 13:45
So, there's obviously some whispering about Spencer happening. I'm not talking about that gossip girl on ig account, film bloggers have heard ~things. That's nothing unusual. What's different is their reluctance to share, even super vaguely, what those rumors are. They don't even want to give a hint whether the buzz is positive or not. And that is odd because they don't act that way, they want to be the first to insinuate something, to be able to tell "you heard it here first, folks!". Good or bad rumors, they love that game of sharing ~exclusives. They obviously know something about Spencer but won't say it all the while they discuss gossip about other high profile movie with zero problem? Weird.
Last year Amazon people were whisper-yelling about Seberg months before it came out, it was kinda embarrassing. So far, Neon isn't doing anything like that or they aren't as obvious so these rumors about Spencer must be coming from people who know people who know people, that kind of thing.
Spencer finished filming 3.5 months ago and it is obviously not finished. They haven't even listed any post-production companies on IMDB. I doubt Neon has screened this unfinished movie to anyone other than the film festival committees yet. I doubt any of these film twitter guys know anything for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
There actually haven’t been many whispers yet, most of it was just speculation on where it would premiere and most (correctly) guessed Venice. What we’ve heard has mostly been from people directly tied to the production, like that actress. They’ve obviously managed to keep a tight lid on things. And some bloggers/film Twitter types like to be vague on purpose. It gives them an air of exclusivity while also being able to hedge their bets in case their sources are incorrect.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 13:51
Guest wrote:
Spencer finished filming 3.5 months ago and it is obviously not finished. They haven't even listed any post-production companies on IMDB. I doubt Neon has screened this unfinished movie to anyone other than the film festival committees yet. I doubt any of these film twitter guys know anything for sure.
I believe them when they say they've heard things. There is no reason for them to lie about it as they don't have any problem to say they don't know when they don't know. A movie doesn't have to be finished for the buzz to be there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Actually, I think I know one of the reasons why they aren't sharing what they've heard about Spencer: fans' reaction. Most of those film twitter peeps don't like how unhinged some fans can be but after that Cédric's tweet about this fandom, I doubt any of them want to spill.

Shamrocker
Veteran
Reactions: 386

Post by Shamrocker »

I like when she goes to festivals, it's like a couple full days of content. Excited for Venice!

Not excited about this thread's "film experts" debating PR strategy and festivals all day now though.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shamrocker wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 14:28
I like when she goes to festivals, it's like a couple full days of content. Excited for Venice!

Not excited about this thread's "film experts" debating PR strategy and festivals all day now though.
Different things interest different people. You do you, they'll do them and everyone's happy. This thread doesn't belong to only one person or group. :$

Shamrocker
Veteran

Post by Shamrocker »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 14:38
Shamrocker wrote:

Different things interest different people. You do you, they'll do them and everyone's happy. This thread doesn't belong to only one person or group. :$
Cool they should all go start a film marketing and festival chat then and discuss all they want.
99% of the time this discussion increasingly veers completely off course and ends up having absolutely nothing at all to do with Kristen and doesn't belong here.
I love film festivals, ultimate dream would be to attend all the major ones. But my thoughts and opinions on festivals doesn't belong here because it's off topic.
1 Image
Last edited by Shamrocker on 12 Jul 2021, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shamrocker wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 14:42
Guest wrote:
Shamrocker wrote:

Cool they should all go start a film marketing and festival chat then and discuss all they want.
99% of the time this discussion veers completely off course and has absolutely nothing at all to do with Kristen and doesn't belong here.
DA Literally nothing so far has been off topic and all of it pertains to Kristen. Her movies and career are allowed to be discussed here. You can start a fan page where no career talk is allowed. In the meantime, keep scrolling if the discussion doesn’t interest you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shamrocker wrote:
Guest wrote:
Shamrocker wrote:

99% of the time this discussion veers completely off course and has absolutely nothing at all to do with Kristen and doesn't belong here.
Then some people here should go and star a dating site or relationship counseling site because they think they are experts on other people's love life. Those discussions are 90% painfully stupid and have little to do with Kristen because it's mostly anons projecting their own issues on her.
Rules on page 1 say people can talk movies and Kristen's career and none of that depends on your approval. Chill.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 13:51
Guest wrote:
https://m.imdb.com/news/ni63356828

Shamrocker
Veteran

Post by Shamrocker »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 14:50
Shamrocker wrote:
Guest wrote:
Shamrocker wrote:

Then some people here should go and star a dating site or relationship counseling site because they think they are experts on other people's love life. Those discussions are 90% painfully stupid and have little to do with Kristen because it's mostly anons projecting their own issues on her.
Rules on page 1 say people can talk movies and Kristen's career and none of that depends on your approval. Chill.
I didn't say anything about people not being "allowed" to post about Kristen's career. Of course her career and films are valid topics of discussion!

I simply said I'm not looking forward to all the "experts" arguing about festivals and spencer for days on here now. Which literally has happened every single time we get any news about Spencer.
Argue about it all you want, if it's on topic and actually Kristen related.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shamrocker wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 14:55
Guest wrote:
Shamrocker wrote:
Guest wrote:
Shamrocker wrote:

I didn't say anything about people not being "allowed" to post about Kristen's career. Of course her career and films are valid topics of discussion!

I simply said I'm not looking forward to all the "experts" arguing about festivals and spencer for days on here now. Which literally has happened every single time we get any news about Spencer.
What you are looking forward to or not, that's not Kristen related, is literally OT here so maybe keep it to yourself? Scroll. I too have a list of things I hate about this place every time Kristen is at a festival but you won't see me whining about it, not when it's happening and definitely not months before it even starts. Sorry for being this harsh but your attempt at censoring people here was uncalled for.

Shamrocker
Veteran

Post by Shamrocker »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 15:02
Shamrocker wrote:
Guest wrote:
Shamrocker wrote:
Guest wrote:

What you are looking forward to or not, that's not Kristen related, is literally OT here so maybe keep it to yourself? Scroll. I too have a list of things I hate about this place every time Kristen is at a festival but you won't see me whining about it, not when it's happening and definitely not months before it even starts. Sorry for being this harsh but your attempt at censoring people here was uncalled for.
You know what, you're right. I'm fucking exhausted and was half asleep when I posted that and shouldn't have said anything because it doesn't matter. I'm excited for Venice and should have left it at that. I will just continue to scroll past the endless festival debates like I have for the past month

mcdumbass
Reactions: 20

Post by mcdumbass »

Discussions about Kristen’s films and related film festivals are relevant and on topic. Talking about possible trolling related to the discussion that hasn’t happened yet derails the conversation so let’s please stay on topic. I’ll deal with the trolling if/when it happens.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shamrocker wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 15:25
Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 15:02
Shamrocker wrote:
Guest wrote:
Shamrocker wrote:

You know what, you're right. I'm fucking exhausted and was half asleep when I posted that and shouldn't have said anything because it doesn't matter. I'm excited for Venice and should have left it at that. I will just continue to scroll past the endless festival debates like I have for the past month
Fair enough. 👍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

mcdumbass wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 15:29
Discussions about Kristen’s films and related film festivals are relevant and on topic. Talking about possible trolling related to the discussion that hasn’t happened yet derails the conversation so let’s please stay on topic. I’ll deal with the trolling if/when it happens.
OT, sorta.

Do you know what's this talk about moving to another site? And why is Lchat so prone to crashing every hour or so lately? It feels like this whole forum is falling apart.

mcdumbass

Post by mcdumbass »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 15:37
mcdumbass wrote:
OT, sorta.

Do you know what's this talk about moving to another site? And why is Lchat so prone to crashing every hour or so lately? It feels like this whole forum is falling apart.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

mcdumbass wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 15:53
Guest wrote:
mcdumbass wrote:
OT, sorta.

TY for answering.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Shamrocker wrote:

You're talking to a shipper, what only interested in Kristen's married life and things like that. that's why most of these movie posts are reported. because it's not an interesting subject for some anons and regs. I think people forget how to scroll through comments they don't want to interact with. I don't even like the story of Diana and the royalty, I'm just waiting for new content from festival, good reviews and at the moment there's a discussion about marketing that I don't understand at all, so i'm just rolling,Lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

mcdumbass wrote:
Guest wrote:
mcdumbass wrote:
OT, sorta.

DA. that was also my question when I noticed the server errors. thanks anon for asking and mod for updating us.

Shamrocker
Veteran

Post by Shamrocker »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 16:10
mcdumbass wrote:
Guest wrote:
mcdumbass wrote:
OT, sorta.

DA. that was also my question when I noticed the server errors. thanks anon for asking and mod for updating us.
When it was really bad this weekend, I looked at the lchat discord and it said the forum was going through an update and I haven't noticed any issues since it was back up, so hopefully that fixed the problem!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shamrocker wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 16:15
Guest wrote:
mcdumbass wrote:
Guest wrote:
mcdumbass wrote:
OT, sorta.

When it was really bad this weekend, I looked at the lchat discord and it said the forum was going through an update and I haven't noticed any issues since it was back up, so hopefully that fixed the problem!
DA. I'm that anon who asked about this and no, problem wasn't fixed because site crashed for me just minutes ago. It reports back always the same error and it keeps happening. I hope they find a solution for it soon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
mcdumbass wrote:
Guest wrote:
mcdumbass wrote:
OT, sorta.

DA. Same here. I had noticed Smurfs message about the retention policy and was wondering as well. Thank you for the update.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

From Pablo's interview when he was still in pre-prod for Spencer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't believe any word coming from Matt Negli. He is calling attention. And he is so bad predicting nominations.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 16:40
I don't believe any word coming from Matt Negli. He is calling attention. And he is so bad predicting nominations.
But we should take your word for it?
The guy is a good film critic/blogger and decent Oscar pundit, no airs about him at all like with some. He's not into faking it and saying he's heard something when he did not.
Some of you hate everyone on twitter. Bizarre.

mcdumbass

Post by mcdumbass »

Guest wrote:
“The film comes out in 2022 to mark the 25th anniversary of Diana’s death.”

This is new. I thought we received confirmation the film would be premiering late 2021?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 16:53
Guest wrote:
The guy is a good film critic/blogger and decent Oscar pundit, no airs about him at all like with some. He's not into faking it and saying he's heard something when he did not.
No. You don't have to take my word. If you believe him, it's fine.for real, i don't have a problem with that
I'm just saying that personally I don't believe him at the moment, and I see that people in other sites are saying the same. His predictions are always crazy and many unsubstantiated.

Shamrocker
Veteran

Post by Shamrocker »

mcdumbass wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 17:10
Guest wrote:

This is new. I thought we received confirmation the film would be premiering late 2021?
I noticed that too.
There isn't an official release date yet, but I would assume it will have it's required limited release in LA and NY in Dec or something for awards consideration.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 17:16
Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 16:53
Guest wrote:
No. You don't have to take my word. If you believe him, it's fine.for real, i don't have a problem with that
I'm just saying that personally I don't believe him at the moment, and I see that people in other sites are saying the same. His predictions are always crazy and many unsubstantiated.
We aren't talking about his predictions (afaik, he doesn't have either Spencer nor Kristen high on his lists) but about rumors going around and him hearing some of it. I believe he does know something. How accurate it might be? That part we can't really tell.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shamrocker wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 17:18
mcdumbass wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 17:10
Guest wrote:

I noticed that too.
There isn't an official release date yet, but I would assume it will have it's required limited release in LA and NY in Dec or something for awards consideration.
Da. Can I say that I don't like this thing where they keep pushing its realease back de facto postponing it every time we hear about tentative dates? Idk, why act that way if you have all the confidence in the movie? I just don't get it.
And that limited Oscar qualifying run is such a farce imo. I say that for every movie that gets it every year. I understand reasoning behind it but I don't like it as a practice.

Runner
Reactions:

Post by Runner »

So there is still hope for the Berlinale or at least a big premier in Germany (since they shot most of the film here). Just dreaming ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Runner wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 17:45
So there is still hope for the Berlinale or at least a big premier in Germany (since they shot most of the film here). Just dreaming ^_^
No Berlinale for Spencer. It will play Venice + most likely TIFF + possibly Telluride + maybe some other European fall festival or two. Why would Berlin take it when they will have more than enough movies to world premiere there? Berlinale is one of the big 3, it doesn't have to accept films that were everywhere before getting to Germany.
But German release will definitely be next year. How big of a release it will have there depends on the local distributor and how it will fare awards-wise in the US. Kristen's films don't have much of a success in Germany tho. CA was also filmed there and it didn't make any difference.
I honestly wish you would get your big premiere there but imo it simply is not realistic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It looks like they are not going for the award season.

And it makes sense, it would give them more time to polish what they don't like and doing it for the market .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 18:10

And it makes sense, it would give them more time to polish what they don't like and doing it for the market .
They are, it's doing the festival circuit and a december qualifying release.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Um, if they aren't gunning for awards why would they push with Venice premiere? Your logic makes no sense. I think they are aiming for awards but aren't too confident in it. Or maybe Neon just has some kind of weird sneaky "we'll work more behind the doors" promo tactic? We'll find out soon enough.
Spencer was never gonna be a movie for the market i.e wide audience, not even on paper, and no amount of "polishing" will change that. Pablo keeps describing it as poetic, imaginative, mediative, dream-like, etc. That's an art house niche movie right there if there was ever one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 18:18
Guest wrote:

Um, if they aren't gunning for awards why would they push with Venice premiere? Your logic makes no sense. I think they are aiming for awards but aren't too confident in it. Or maybe Neon just has some kind of weird sneaky "we'll work more behind the doors" promo tactic? We'll find out soon enough.
Spencer was never gonna be a movie for the market i.e wide audience, not even on paper, and no amount of "polishing" will change that. Pablo keeps describing it as poetic, imaginative, mediative, dream-like, etc. That's an art house niche movie right there if there was ever one.
x2. To be clear for people who may not understand what will likely happen - it will get a small limited release in December to qualify it for this year’s awards season. Then, probably in the winter/early spring 2022, it will have a wider general release. This is still speculation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 18:24
Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 18:18
Guest wrote:

x2. To be clear for people who may not understand what will likely happen - it will get a small limited release in December to qualify it for this year’s awards season. Then, probably in the winter/early spring 2022, it will have a wider general release. This is still speculation.
Most likely, yes. The same thing IFC did with On the Road and Amazon with Seberg. But hopefully with much better end result.

Runner
Reactions:

Post by Runner »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 18:01
Runner wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 17:45
No Berlinale for Spencer. It will play Venice + most likely TIFF + possibly Telluride + maybe some other European fall festival or two. Why would Berlin take it when they will have more than enough movies to world premiere there? Berlinale is one of the big 3, it doesn't have to accept films that were everywhere before getting to Germany.
But German release will definitely be next year. How big of a release it will have there depends on the local distributor and how it will fare awards-wise in the US. Kristen's films don't have much of a success in Germany tho. CA was also filmed there and it didn't make any difference.
I honestly wish you would get your big premiere there but imo it simply is not realistic.
I thought they stopped promoting CA mainly because it had flopped in other countries before? I don't know, it's more of a dream of me for Kristen to come back here for something public after so many years 008