Was/is engaged to a woman.

Reactions:

Re: Rutina Wesley

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
20 Jan 2021, 21:15
Queen Sugar and True Blood star, plays queer on both series

Still engaged? Didn't she get engaged years ago, I remember she announced it with a Lolita quote. <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 00:43
guest wrote:

Still engaged? Didn't she get engaged years ago, I remember she announced it with a Lolita quote. <_<
Still engaged per Us Weekly

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainmen ... na-wesley/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 04:43
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:

The insta posts in which she confirmed she is engaged are deleted. Also, they don't post each other photos on insta. Doesn't have to mean anything. Just saying

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 04:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The insta posts in which she confirmed she is engaged are deleted. Also, they don't post each other photos on insta. Doesn't have to mean anything. Just saying
No it means something. But that's her personal business.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 04:54
Guest wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 04:50
Guest wrote:

No it means something. But that's her personal business.
Sure. But this is a gossip site.

superfemme
Reactions:

Post by superfemme »

Ya'll she broke up with her fiance a year ago. Her fiance has a new girlfriend. I've been following both of them for a while. Rutina's been looking rough ever since the breakup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

superfemme wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 05:43
Ya'll she broke up with her fiance a year ago. Her fiance has a new girlfriend. I've been following both of them for a while. Rutina's been looking rough ever since the breakup.
She gained a lot of weight. Is there going to be a True Blood reunion show? I've heard about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 07:04
superfemme wrote:
She gained a lot of weight. Is there going to be a True Blood reunion show? I've heard about it.
? Gained a lot of weight? I don't see anything shocking. Standard for her age and COVID. Still looks good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

superfemme wrote:
Oh really? I remember shipping her character Tara with Pam in True Blood like a mad person. especially after that epic Kiss Tara gave Pam in the prison cell.

So funny Rutina had a thing for the ladies IRL as well. Maybe Rutina had something to do with them writing Tara as gay Season 2 of True Blood.

I was an avid follower of her on facebook way back and she commented back. Guys, she has the cutest Russian Blue cat I've ever seen. she seem like a real sweetheart.

Kristin van Straten who plays Pam said that Rutina was very special to work with. Some days on set she was super cheerful singing all the time and other days she was very introverted and quiet. hmm

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kimmy
Reactions:

Post by Kimmy »

I always thought she was stunningly beautiful. I just finished binge watching True Blood too... Man, i hate that they killed her character. I loved her and Pam together. She was awesome in that show. She along with Nelsan Ellis (RIP), Kristen Bauer & Alex Skarsgård were my favorites. She's amazing on Queen Sugar too.

A shame she and her fiance didn't make it. They looked good together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kimmy wrote:
28 May 2021, 19:48
I always thought she was stunningly beautiful. I just finished binge watching True Blood too... Man, i hate that they killed her character. I loved her and Pam together. She was awesome in that show. She along with Nelsan Ellis (RIP), Kristen Bauer & Alex Skarsgård were my favorites. She's amazing on Queen Sugar too.

Tara got a really raw deal on True Blood. Not the first time that's happened with a black character on a supernatural show unfortunately :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 May 2021, 04:57
Kimmy wrote:

Tara got a really raw deal on True Blood. Not the first time that's happened with a black character on a supernatural show unfortunately :-/
THIS.

Her character Tara was a huge part of the success story of Season 1, after that both writers and mainstream viewers only gave her hate. I wonder how that hate would look now, after the BLM movement.

I personally think she discovered her lady love side after her first divorce, and women starting to approach her based on her gay character on TV

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DA I find her so beautiful too. Striking. I really thought they killed her off because it was heading for the end of the series and they wanted to make a maximum impact but True Blood reruns were on recently and just watching them as an older more mature person the things Tara went through in contrast to the other characters irked me, and I can't believe I never fully saw it before. So disappointing. The show doesn't need a revival. They did all they could with it imo - it went on wayyyy longer than it should have.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reviving this dead topic cause I felt like it. What’s going on with her life?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 04:09
Reviving this dead topic cause I felt like it. What’s going on with her life?
Not sure, imdb says she got a movie in post production called "No Running"

noticed she posted on pride #loveislove #ilikewhatilike

"I like what I like" ;) I think her next partner will be a girlfriend :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She looks hella gay in some of her insta pics :gaypimp: :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was tryin to search for Pam and see if Kristin and Rutina were in contact. couldn't find her cos she changed her last name. Divorce it looks like. Man I'm so behind on True Blood gossip!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 06:35
I was tryin to search for Pam and see if Kristin and Rutina were in contact. couldn't find her cos she changed her last name. Divorce it looks like. Man I'm so behind on True Blood gossip!!
Noticed Kristin changed her name on insta earlier this year as well as twitter account. she's been acting very weird ever since spiraling out of control having green hair and posting weird videos. Haven't seen her post about Rutina for a long time.

Rutina did good for herself after True Blood, she had the talent to fall back on when most of the TB cast seem to be struggling.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 06:31

Looks like a completely different person from the first post at the top of the page.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 07:08
Guest wrote:

Looks like a completely different person from the first post at the top of the page.
Yeah but that's an old photo of her in character playing Tara on True Blood, can't be compared to what she looks like and wears IRL. Rutina always loved sneakers and hoodies and wore them frequently over the years but her hairstyle and cut is recent and looks real cool on her

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 07:34
guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 07:08
Guest wrote:

Yeah but that's an old photo of her in character playing Tara on True Blood, can't be compared to what she looks like and wears IRL. Rutina always loved sneakers and hoodies and wore them frequently over the years but her hairstyle and cut is recent and looks real cool on her
I just learned about this actress today from this thread lol. I checked her Instagram and found this pic that looks a little more like her face in the first images. She is pretty

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Cool, you should check her out and some of her works. Amazingly gifted theater trained actress who went to Juliard

She's posting a lot of gay stuff on her insta. her most recent post some queer ballet dance with 2 women. Would love to see her hook up with another female so we can do a bit of tracking here

Anyone know how long she was dating that lady chef?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That RS seemed toxic as hell to me. rutina was constantly posting poems and quotes about giving too much of herself and being stepped all over. it was a hard RS to break free from and she might have some work yet to do, to attract the right person in.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

they were damn cute together though ngl

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Remember when

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 07:00
Guest wrote:
Noticed Kristin changed her name on insta earlier this year as well as twitter account. she's been acting very weird ever since spiraling out of control having green hair and posting weird videos. Haven't seen her post about Rutina for a long time.

Rutina did good for herself after True Blood, she had the talent to fall back on when most of the TB cast seem to be struggling.
Alex S has done pretty well for himself. I know there was some drama with the final season because of Anna and Stephen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 10:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Alex S has done pretty well for himself. I know there was some drama with the final season because of Anna and Stephen.
Deborah also got work after the show. Was happy for her.

Unrelated but does anybody remember Nelsan, may he rest in peace, calling Rutina during a comic com panel for the fans? Cant find the vid, but it was so damn adorable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Haha. Yeah Alexander Fucking Skarsgård killed everything after True Blood. You almost felt he never should've done the Eric part, afraid he was gonna be typecasted after that show becoming a bit of an Edward *"Twilight" character when he had theater trained talent to fall back on, back then when it was very uncool to play a vampire on TV

I mean Anna P, Alex, Joe, all of them did really well but I was talking in general terms of the entire cast, those not as popular. Rutina did extremely well for herself especially as a POC actress, when she could've easily been out of work mostly doing theater gigs. I still think she's one to keep your eyes on and that she may land something even bigger in the future. Her acting skills are truly remarkable if you watch her other characters (Other than Tara who always got the short end of the stick) and the layers she's able to portrait. That's a very rare gift the amount of layers she puts in

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 13:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Haha. Yeah Alexander Fucking Skarsgård killed everything after True Blood. You almost felt he never should've done the Eric part, afraid he was gonna be typecasted after that show becoming a bit of an Edward *"Twilight" character when he had theater trained talent to fall back on, back then when it was very uncool to play a vampire on TV

I mean Anna P, Alex, Joe, all of them did really well but I was talking in general terms of the entire cast, those not as popular. Rutina did extremely well for herself especially as a POC actress, when she could've easily been out of work mostly doing theater gigs. I still think she's one to keep your eyes on and that she may land something even bigger in the future. Her acting skills are truly remarkable if you watch her other characters (Other than Tara who always got the short end of the stick) and the layers she's able to portrait. That's a very rare gift the amount of layers she puts in
Understatement.
Tara got a really raw deal. I hate it when that happens. Reminds of Bonnie from The Vampire Diaries :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

totally but thankfully these studios and shithead writers & directors can't get away with it as badly as before

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tara and Lafayette were the best characters on the show. The rest were kinda boring at best.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 16:11
Tara and Lafayette were the best characters on the show. The rest were kinda boring at best.
I never liked Tara, I don't remember her being a big part of the story. Only thing I liked about her was when she turned gay for Eric's prodigy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Agree, their banters and quotes had you ballin w tears those first seaons. Season 1 in particular. but then the writers shifted gears and decided to through every disaster they could find on Tara, kidnapping, rape, you name it.

But I enjoyed her storyline in New orleans when she became a boxer and hooked up with that hot girl :$ we even got some sex scenes out of that. Tara going down on that girl. True Blood delivered when it came to sex lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I never got a good vibe from kristin. she's always been obsessed with her daddy eric ravin about him every chance she gets. don't remember anything good she ever said about the Pam & Tara storyline or working with Rutina

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nelsan & Rutina had such a great friendship irl. I'm so sad looking at his posts now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 17:19
Guest wrote:
Agree, their banters and quotes had you ballin w tears those first seaons. Season 1 in particular. but then the writers shifted gears and decided to through every disaster they could find on Tara, kidnapping, rape, you name it.

But I enjoyed her storyline in New orleans when she became a boxer and hooked up with that hot girl :$ we even got some sex scenes out of that. Tara going down on that girl. True Blood delivered when it came to sex lol.
Okay but did anyone else ship Adylin (sheriff Andy's fairy daughter)and Jessica together? :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 20:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Okay but did anyone else ship Adylin (sheriff Andy's fairy daughter)and Jessica together? :rofl:
Yes :P viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75549&start=35

TrippleStar
Reactions: 19

Post by TrippleStar »

Wow, like half the thread disappeared

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tara was hilarious. Thank god they went with Rutina and not the other actress for the part

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TrippleStar wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 21:55
Wow, like half the thread disappeared
What happened?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 21:07
Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 20:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yes :P viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75549&start=35

Kimmy
Reactions:

Post by Kimmy »

Guest wrote:
29 May 2021, 04:57
Kimmy wrote:

Correct. I'm just happy she was able to find some work after True Blood because she is sooo talented. A true triple threat.

Kimmy
Reactions:

Post by Kimmy »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 09:07
That RS seemed toxic as hell to me. rutina was constantly posting poems and quotes about giving too much of herself and being stepped all over. it was a hard RS to break free from and she might have some work yet to do, to attract the right person in.
I wonder if there was some cheating going on... cus the chef chick seemed to move on reallyyy quick. Like, in a matter of no time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kimmy wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 18:41
Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 09:07
I wonder if there was some cheating going on... cus the chef chick seemed to move on reallyyy quick. Like, in a matter of no time.
A tall pretty stud with dreads? I'm gonna err on the side of yes there was cheating.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DA- No arguments there :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tara was rlly hot. Stud rutina, not so much. 008