US Women's Soccer Part XVII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer Part XVII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 20:47
Y’all are wild… anyways I hope Pinoe plays well tonight because she looked horrendous in the Summer Series. Also hoping Rose’s ankle isn’t too bad guess we won’t know until camp next week.
I would be surprised if Pinoe played today

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 20:56
Guest wrote:
Y’all are wild… anyways I hope Pinoe plays well tonight because she looked horrendous in the Summer Series. Also hoping Rose’s ankle isn’t too bad guess we won’t know until camp next week.
I would be surprised if Pinoe played today
Well that would not be promising, but she could be in New York for all we know for the roster announcement

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
No idea about whether Pinoe plays tonight.

About Rose, she said it was no big deal in an ESPN interview & Vlatko said it wasn't as bad as feared, which I take to mean a grade 1 sprain - 2 to 10 days to heal/rest. 10 days will be tomorrow. But they'll probably ask Reign to not play her this weekend. They're holding her out as a precaution because she's a lock and an important piece for winning the Olympics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 21:56
Guest wrote:

About Rose, she said it was no big deal in an ESPN interview & Vlatko said it wasn't as bad as feared, which I take to mean a grade 1 sprain - 2 to 10 days to heal/rest. 10 days will be tomorrow. But they'll probably ask Reign to not play her this weekend. They're holding her out as a precaution because she's a lock and an important piece for winning the Olympics.
Yeah I just remember Sam’s ankle earlier in the year and they said it wasn’t too bad and she was walking around post game with some ice laughing…. then she was out for a month 🙃 but I’m sure that was them being overly cautious as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 19:47
Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 18:36
Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 18:25
Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 17:45
They want purce instead of Alex not heath lol.
Nope they want Purce instead of Sonnett, the real issue is people who want KMew but can’t figure out a single player shes better than in midfield so they just ignore that.
Horan and Sam share the 8. Rose plays the 10. People joke she has glass bones and stuff, but Vlatko rates Rose. JJ and (maybe Horan) will play the 6. She is not better than Sam or Horan. Where will she fit in there? If it comes to it that JJ needs more sub time, Horan and Sam will just play together at the same time. Instead of benching one, Vlatko can play both. Both are capable of it.
I think you have to bring 5 midfielders assuming JJ is 1/5. Vlatko on podcast mentioned injury or durability factors in major tournaments, something like that. Love Rose, but she has an injury history even one in a major tournament so I think that has to factor in. I don’t think you can bank on Rose with her history and JJs situation and take only 4. Just my .02
da The major tournament where she played a full 90 in the final? And scored the insurance goal?

She was taking herself out so as not to hurt the team during the world cup, same as against Jamaica last week. Notice how she sat down against England in the semis as a signal to be subbed out. Then was back for 90 against the Netherlands. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah I just remember Sam’s ankle earlier in the year and they said it wasn’t too bad and she was walking around post game with some ice laughing…. then she was out for a month 🙃 but I’m sure that was them being overly cautious as well.
Nah, Sam messed her ankle up good. Thus the crying on the pitch, and then limping off. Rose played on for a bit after rolling her ankle, but then was like "fuck this, I'm not missing the Olympics because of a Jamaica friendly". And Sam never gave any interviews on her ankle injury. Vlatko only said "She said it's OK, but we have to see what OK means in Sam's world".

So I'm taking Rose for her word and knowing how USSF has wrapped her in bubble wrap before. Not that I blame them - she's pretty important to the team and presents unique difficulties to opponents.

Guess we'll know for sure when USWNT camp starts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 20:46
I guess I’m just more perplexed that people genuinely think that Purce should be on the roster instead of Sonnett. :unsure:
It's all stan bs. They hate Sonnett but it's mostly for off the field reasons and then repeating the same "reckless, begging for a red card" line over and over even if the stats don't entirely back that up. She's not the best defender this team has ever had for sure, but she's better than the meme player stan twitter has turned her into. Admitting that publicly is twitter suicide though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:16
Guest wrote:
I guess I’m just more perplexed that people genuinely think that Purce should be on the roster instead of Sonnett. :unsure:
It's all stan bs. They hate Sonnett but it's mostly for off the field reasons and then repeating the same "reckless, begging for a red card" line over and over even if the stats don't entirely back that up. She's not the best defender this team has ever had for sure, but she's better than the meme player stan twitter has turned her into. Admitting that publicly is twitter suicide though.
X2 Truthfully most of the comments around these players and team is stan bs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:12
Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nah, Sam messed her ankle up good. Thus the crying on the pitch, and then limping off. Rose played on for a bit after rolling her ankle, but then was like "fuck this, I'm not missing the Olympics because of a Jamaica friendly". And Sam never gave any interviews on her ankle injury. Vlatko only said "She said it's OK, but we have to see what OK means in Sam's world".

So I'm taking Rose for her word and knowing how USSF has wrapped her in bubble wrap before. Not that I blame them - she's pretty important to the team and presents unique difficulties to opponents.

Guess we'll know for sure when USWNT camp starts.
Yeah I doubt they’ll let her step foot on the field until she’s 100% but she was in a basic ankle brace and not a boot a few days ago so she should be good by the Send Off Games. Probably just getting a bunch of treatment and trying to strengthen her ankle for now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Players y’all had barely making it as an alternate …now you are giving them a spot on the roster?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:dnft: please, I'm begging y'all to ignore it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:25
Players y’all had barely making it as an alternate …now you are giving them a spot on the roster?
Lol exactly seeing leaving Carli Lloyd, Julie Ertz, Lynn Williams and some even leaving off Tobin Heath and replacing these players with Cat, Purce and kmewis.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 17:45
They want purce instead of Alex not heath lol.
Nope they want Purce instead of Sonnett, the real issue is people who want KMew but can’t figure out a single player shes better than in midfield so they just ignore that.
Horan and Sam share the 8. Rose plays the 10. People joke she has glass bones and stuff, but Vlatko rates Rose. JJ and (maybe Horan) will play the 6. She is not better than Sam or Horan. Where will she fit in there? If it comes to it that JJ needs more sub time, Horan and Sam will just play together at the same time. Instead of benching one, Vlatko can play both. Both are capable of it.
I think you have to bring 5 midfielders assuming JJ is 1/5. Vlatko on podcast mentioned injury or durability factors in major tournaments, something like that. Love Rose, but she has an injury history even one in a major tournament so I think that has to factor in. I don’t think you can bank on Rose with her history and JJs situation and take only 4. Just my .02
da The major tournament where she played a full 90 in the final? And scored the insurance goal?

She was taking herself out so as not to hurt the team during the world cup, same as against Jamaica last week. Notice how she sat down against England in the semis as a signal to be subbed out. Then was back for 90 against the Netherlands. :nails:
x2. Rose will probably play as much as she can. Same for Sam and Horan. There really is no space for KMew. People thought it would be easier to bring another midfielder with JJ’s recent injury, but it just made KMew’s role even more redundant. If Vlatko was perfectly satisfied with Horan in the 6, I would be inclined to believe that he would bring KMew. Even to close out games. He has a history of subbing in KMew late whenever the opponent is more challenging (ex. Brazil, Sweden), or not playing her at all (ex. Canada, France). Since it’s the OGs, I predict even in the group stages he’ll just be using her to close out games. Or for time-wasting in knockouts. Again, this is all hypothetical. Imo, she’s an alternate IF JJ is in the roster. I think the wingers present a bigger problem at the moment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I don’t think anyone in here is doing that, they were just saying what the WoSo Journalists/random people on social media have been saying. Most realize they’re biased though and it’s what they want to see not what Vlatko will do.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:33
Guest wrote:
I don’t think anyone in here is doing that, they were just saying what the WoSo Journalists/random people on social media have been saying. Most realize they’re biased though and it’s what they want to see not what Vlatko will do.
X2 True. The wildest take I’ve seen is that Casey was snubbed. I love Casey and think she is solid defender but I knew she wasn’t in the mix back in February.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:32
Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2. Rose will probably play as much as she can. Same for Sam and Horan. There really is no space for KMew. People thought it would be easier to bring another midfielder with JJ’s recent injury, but it just made KMew’s role even more redundant. If Vlatko was perfectly satisfied with Horan in the 6, I would be inclined to believe that he would bring KMew. Even to close out games. He has a history of subbing in KMew late whenever the opponent is more challenging (ex. Brazil, Sweden), or not playing her at all (ex. Canada, France). Since it’s the OGs, I predict even in the group stages he’ll just be using her to close out games. Or for time-wasting in knockouts. Again, this is all hypothetical. Imo, she’s an alternate IF JJ is in the roster. I think the wingers present a bigger problem at the moment.
The things I could say but I won't because the roster hasn't been announced. I'll write a response to this tomorrow.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
X2 True. The wildest take I’ve seen is that Casey was snubbed. I love Casey and think she is solid defender but I knew she wasn’t in the mix back in February.
Yeah there was a time when Casey had a case for being snubbed but it’s not this year, and that’s the thing Vlatko isn’t here to do right by fans for the mistreatment they think happened during Jills era. Gotta let that go and evaluate players in their current form.

element
Reactions: 12

Post by element »

Enough with the Stan talk.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I saw at least 3 uswnt players have beer sponsored posts today. Is that a super odd coincidence or what's up with that all on the same day and different companies?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah there was a time when Casey had a case for being snubbed but it’s not this year, and that’s the thing Vlatko isn’t here to do right by fans for the mistreatment they think happened during Jills era. Gotta let that go and evaluate players in their current form.
Da Agreed. Same energy has people wanting Syd back because Jill dropped her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:49
I saw at least 3 uswnt players have beer sponsored posts today. Is that a super odd coincidence or what's up with that all on the same day and different companies?
I feel like major tournament years are the only time they really get a push with endorsements, so it doesn’t shock me that their agents would all be working on similar things. Easy money tbh .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Pretty sure these companies know even less about roster releases than woso writers. Kinda awkward if one of their promoted players don’t actually get selected for the Olympics roster. I.e. Kmew. But I guess they’ve got that backed up by promoting this as a mewis sisters thing and we all know Sam is a lock. Imagine if they’re banking on a bubble player like Midge though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lol I’ll never understand the Syd crowd because she’s played 4 good games in like 5 years so how in the world did they think Vlatko would bring her into camp and potentially put her on an Olympic roster. Huerta fans are also in that camp though, just straight up delusional and she’s 28 😬

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:54
Guest wrote:
Pretty sure these companies know even less about roster releases than woso writers. Kinda awkward if one of their promoted players don’t actually get selected for the Olympics roster. I.e. Kmew. But I guess they’ve got that backed up by promoting this as a mewis sisters thing and we all know Sam is a lock. Imagine if they’re banking on a bubble player like Midge though
It's not like they're getting off the plane in Japan or walking onto the field holding a beer bottle. All they care about is the amount of views it gets from when they post on insta which is why Pugh still gets them and why Syd still got them years after she was off the NT.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Lol I’ll never understand the Syd crowd because she’s played 4 good games in like 5 years so how in the world did they think Vlatko would bring her into camp and potentially put her on an Olympic roster. Huerta fans are also in that camp though, just straight up delusional and she’s 28 😬
The Syd stuff gained momentum when Alex got cancelled.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da I don’t even think Syd is even thinking about the NT anymore. Same with Huerta

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I LOL-ed at Tierna's Instastory in which Lynn, Mewis and Tierna move their wrists back and forth. I don't know why I thought it was so funny, reminded me a little of this thread's conversation on whether Macario has "limp wrists" or not. Or maybe I was just in a good mood seeing people's supportive posts about that NFL player coming out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The future looks promising but they’re like made of glass. :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 22:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da I feel like 90% of these takes come from people who don't watch the game close enough to know anything and just go with whatever narrative is popular about each player. It's particularly bad with Sonnett though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 00:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da I feel like 90% of these takes come from people who don't watch the game close enough to know anything and just go with whatever narrative is popular about each player. It's particularly bad with Sonnett though
I mean it’s true. People even media literally think horan, JJ, Alex etc are bad players now because of their politics and should be replaced by worse players. it’s hilarious. Like you were stanning them this time last year. There’s no point getting legitimate soccer opinions on social media.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
What’s a mess is that 90% include woso media 🥴

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 00:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
What’s a mess is that 90% include woso media 🥴
I know Lalas is normally terrible but I was shocked to see him pick out Sonnett during halftime of what I think was the Jamaica game and criticize her for her reckless play, when if you watch the play he was talking about she wasn't even the player that committed the foul, it was Rose. The narrative around Sonnett in particular is insane for a player that was once incredibly popular, and it was even before last summer. Think that one red card in Utah did her in, in terms of public perception.