Re: Warrior Nun on Netflix

Post by Aemeth »

Kristina DID say she was a lot like Beatrice :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 21:52
Did you guys see Kristina’s ig stories a few days ago were she said her dream book adaptation to star in was The Well of Loneliness (a lesbian classic)? :hudoin:
Oh wow, that is one obscure lesbian reference that is a total blast from the past. I read that book when I was younger and fuck sake it would well put you off being a lesbian. This woman was no Anne Lister.

gust
Reactions:

Post by gust »

I love the show to death, but one thing in the lore really, really bugs me: that only the halo bearer can see the demons. I mean - how do the other chapters of the OCS do shit without a Halo bearer? And are only the thenuns from the spanish chapter elligble to become one?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

gust wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 12:37
I love the show to death, but one thing in the lore really, really bugs me: that only the halo bearer can see the demons. I mean - how do the other chapters of the OCS do shit without a Halo bearer? And are only the thenuns from the spanish chapter elligble to become one?

Yeah I always thought that about Buffy too, one slayer in all the world. Tf is everyone else doing to fight them off? Lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yeah like Buffy if you take a step back this show doesn't make a whole lot of sense but its a fun and easy watch.

I went to the creators twitter to see if there was any new about the show coming back but its just him as a Canadian ranting about how much he hates FoxNews or whatever. So yeah, who knows if it will come back. Its not like Netflix didn't cancel GLOW after it had been renewed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I see Ava's male li from s1 is in that new Netflix show Tribes of Europa. Hopefully that means he's out of WN.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 12:51
I see Ava's male li from s1 is in that new Netflix show Tribes of Europa. Hopefully that means he's out of WN.
Good but looks like the show isnt coming back anytime soon so he might as well do some other work.

Aemeth
Veteran
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 12:51
good for him but yeah, please stay out of warrior nun, his character was just so painfully boyband uninteresting^^

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

Bless this show and it's chill cast :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Aemeth wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 15:39
I don't know if this is shade at Fort Salem's cast having an melt down or the The Wilds casts attention seeking but I laughed.

Guest25
Reactions: 59

Post by Guest25 »

Guest wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 16:20
Aemeth wrote:
I don't know if this is shade at Fort Salem's cast having an melt down or the The Wilds casts attention seeking but I laughed.
Fort Salem "fans" are toxic, take that shit elsewhere.

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 16:20
Aemeth wrote:
both^^ it's just nice this show is simply about, well, the show:) though I have a a lot of admiration for filmmakers in both Fort Salem and The Wilds of course.

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

Praying for a scene like this in season 2 :pray:

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

For those of you thinking they won't make season 2:) :

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

so...... when they started shooting for S2 or did they already started

i dont even know where to find / follow update on S2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It was such a nice enjoyable show with a chill cast. I'm sure glad it's coming back. I was worried that Mr Corona stalking around Europe might scupper it. Yet another reason to tell Ursual to pull her finger out...I mean I'm worried if Brits can't get their Spanish summer hols that the whole north west of England will sink into the seas under the weight of the tourist pouring into Blackpool.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hope that we get something between Ava and Beatrice. Toya is apparently appearing at Clexacon...which is interesting. I didn't think her character was gay on the show and I don't think the actress is gay either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 19:15
Hope that we get something between Ava and Beatrice. Toya is apparently appearing at Clexacon...which is interesting. I didn't think her character was gay on the show and I don't think the actress is gay either.
They implied that, that she had a thing for the original halo bearer in 1 or 2 episodes, so guess she was gay for her lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 21:06
Guest wrote:
They implied that, that she had a thing for the original halo bearer in 1 or 2 episodes, so guess she was gay for her lol
Didn't the show runner say they were just friends?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
shotgun mary is the only gay character in the original comic, they cant not de-gay her can they? and Toya herself just came out last year so

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 11:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
shotgun mary is the only gay character in the original comic, they cant not de-gay her can they? and Toya herself just came out last year so
As gay or as a "queer"?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 11:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
As gay or as a "queer"?
More details, please :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 13:22
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 11:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

As gay or as a "queer"?
More details, please :nails:
da
I don't think she was ever in the closet tbh

For the other anon asking, I think I remember Kristina saying they start filming in June

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kristina, Toya and the um trans lady will be at Clexacon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 19:37
Thanks for the information. Is it free or do we have to buy "tickets" online to see it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 21:08
Guest wrote:
Thanks for the information. Is it free or do we have to buy "tickets" online to see it?
ClexaCon is trying out a "pay what you're comfortable with" pricing model for this virtual convention. Minimum ticket price is $25. There are other guests from other shows and productions - not just those from Warrior Nun.

https://viewstub.com/ClexaConVirtual?mc ... 2700bbd23a#

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 21:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
ClexaCon is trying out a "pay what you're comfortable with" pricing model for this virtual convention. Minimum ticket price is $25. There are other guests from other shows and productions - not just those from Warrior Nun.

DA Am I broke or is that really fucking expensive for attending a VIRTUAL con. <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 19:52
Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 21:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Am I broke or is that really fucking expensive for attending a VIRTUAL con. <_<
I think $25 is okay but $40 is too much.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is there a reason why so many WN fans (specially Kristina fans) are Filipino? Lol
At least that’s the impression I have every time I look for WN content on twitter...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 20:51
Is there a reason why so many WN fans (specially Kristina fans) are Filipino? Lol
At least that’s the impression I have every time I look for WN content on twitter...
While I think WN fans are pretty international, I would speculate that's bc of the being gay in a Catholic environment that probably resonated

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 21:00
Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 20:51
While I think WN fans are pretty international, I would speculate that's bc of the being gay in a Catholic environment that probably resonated
latin catholic here and while I 100% would have loved the show without my catholic upbringing I think that might be true. It's something very special to see a gay woman who suffers from the opression of her sexuality by her church, but where at the same time her faith and faith in general is not demonized. It means a lot to me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Warrior Nun panel at Clexacon is starting now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 18:55
Please summarize any good stuff. I didn’t buy a ticket because I couldn’t justify the price when I’m only interested in this panel.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I literally just bought a ticket and registered an account on ViewStub after seeing your post. Is the stream live now? I don't see anything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Toya outfit is coordinated with her dog.

These virtual panels seems kinda awkward. Shall this isn't happening in real life.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 19:00
Guest wrote:
I literally just bought a ticket and registered an account on ViewStub after seeing your post. Is the stream live now? I don't see anything.
Same anon. Video is working now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 19:00
Guest wrote:
You'll have link in an e-mail.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kristina seems tired and kinda done with the panel.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Toya says she used Pam Grier or Serena as inspiration for her character.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Toya says that she thinks Mary is done with the church.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 19:09
Kristina looks beautiful!
Who's the boy? If it's in the show I don't remember him!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kristina mentioned that they changed some of the script during the sister Melaine story to make it "more specific".

Toya read the script and though Toya/Shannon were lovers and put that into her performance. She also wants more gay romance for Shotgun Mary. She wants a flashback kiss between Mary/Shannon kissing and being happy while having a picnic. Lol.

.JPG
Reactions: 14

Post by .JPG »

Panel just wrapped up. Probably the most interesting thing said was Toya's thoughts on her relationship with Shannon.

Very rough transcription:

Question: "Toya, how did you view your relationship with Shannon?"

Toya: Even though the script never showed that they were never intimate or romantic with each other, the comic was explicit about Mary being a lesbian. I thought of them as lovers. She has drawings of this woman in her room. It's in the text. That's how I looked at it. After we filmed the death of Shannon, everyone on set asked, "Were you lovers?" And I was like, "Yeah, we were." I think this relationship with Shannon and her sexuality should be explored more.

Question: "What would you like to see in flashback scenes?"

Toya: Some kissing, crying, and hugging moments. Memories of their happiest days. A picnic. Really connecting with each other.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not much on Beatrice/Ava at all. Sadly. I guess they don't know much about what is coming up. Kristina seemed kinda not that into it. But yeah seems like Toya has decides that Mary is totally gay. Lol. May was actually funny.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Was anything said about when they are going to start production for season two?
Anything about Avatrice?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 19:41
Was anything said about when they are going to start production for season two?
Anything about Avatrice?
No, the moderator wasnt that great TBH. I personally dislike Dana Pickles but she is a better mod and I wish they had her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 19:39
Not much on Beatrice/Ava at all. Sadly. I guess they don't know much about what is coming up. Kristina seemed kinda not that into it. But yeah seems like Toya has decides that Mary is totally gay. Lol. May was actually funny.
Really? That’s disappointing. She seemed to be into it when she interacted with people on twitter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 19:45
Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 19:39
Really? That’s disappointing. She seemed to be into it when she interacted with people on twitter.
Yeah, I've seem other interviews where she's been really chatting. Maybe it's late where she is at or she's not feeling great or she's just spoken to too many weirdo on 1 to 1s. Toya's great. Really hope she can be a guest at live version of the con.

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

She did give us this:

https://twitter.com/StarryMag/status/13 ... 95777?s=20

and what got me really excited this:

Beatrice beliefs being "blown wide open" means the whirlwind that is Ava will pirouette right in there :$
1 Image