St. Vincent - Pt. IV

Reactions:

Re: St. Vincent - Pt. IV

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 04:42
Happy for her!
Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled because of covid or other shit going on in the world.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 23:53
Guest wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 22:58
Is there still an active discord server?
Yes
DA. Where? I can't see a St Vincent/Annie one on the l chat discord.
Also, is it full of haters or what?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 07:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yes
https://--/BQ9Yc7N st vincent is under member area

King Kong King of YouTube.
Reactions:

Post by King Kong King of YouTube. »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yes
Duh. lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yes
You need an invite and then voice validation. It’s a good place no trolls.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 15:46
Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 04:42
Happy for her!
Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled because of covid or other shit going on in the world.
I don't think there's been any cancellations so far this season of SNL so I wouldn't expect any problems but :fingcross: (because I'm an SNL fan, but I'm also curious to see her perform!)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 19:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yes
What? How do I get an invite?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 21:25
Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 19:56
Guest wrote:

What? How do I get an invite?
You just walk right in lol - You create an account in here, with that username and logged in you send a PM to this page Moderator saying you want to be in St. V's Discord, then you sign up for Lchat Discord server with the same email, and then PM the Moderator there as well, give the same username you use here saying you want to get into St. Vincent's chat, you wait in the chat lobby meanwhile, then you get voice validated and voila, you're in the land of St. Vincents Discord Chat Service. That's how I did it. Or just go from step 2, sign up for Lchat Discord server send a PM to the moderator saying you want to be in ST. V's chat then get voice validated. I think that's how they're doing it now. If it doesn't work do the long process.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Loving the promos for this album!

Daddy
Reactions:

Post by Daddy »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 22:15
Loving the promos for this album!
X2 love these trailers. Annie looks gorgeous :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She sure looks so fucking beautiful and gorgeous!🔥

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She's happy and in such a good place right now :heart:

Re: Masseduction vs. Daddy’s Home:

(About Masseduction) ‘There was a kind of like, okay it’s going to come out of the speakers and it will grab you by the throat then hold you down until you like it, kind of experience. I was holding onto music so tightly just to get me out of a personally fucked out place. I was very strict with myself. I was crazy strict about how much I was working; I wasn’t drinking, I wasn’t haven’t sex, I wasn’t doing anything fun. And even when I look back at the clothes, the clothes were about stricture.

(Daddy's Home) So this record I’m saner in certain ways that aren’t boring. I’m slightly less of a mess and I’m just like, I don’t give a shit, man. Like, yeah I wanna make some fucking rad shit.’

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just remember, LL was with Annie before the Masseduction tour.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 22:49
She's happy and in such a good place right now :heart:

Re: Masseduction vs. Daddy’s Home:

(About Masseduction) ‘There was a kind of like, okay it’s going to come out of the speakers and it will grab you by the throat then hold you down until you like it, kind of experience. I was holding onto music so tightly just to get me out of a personally fucked out place. I was very strict with myself. I was crazy strict about how much I was working; I wasn’t drinking, I wasn’t haven’t sex, I wasn’t doing anything fun. And even when I look back at the clothes, the clothes were about stricture.

(Daddy's Home) So this record I’m saner in certain ways that aren’t boring. I’m slightly less of a mess and I’m just like, I don’t give a shit, man. Like, yeah I wanna make some fucking rad shit.’

where is this from?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Annie is so so underrated and underappreciated and people love to hate her but here are again some praise and love from another artist:
Julia Stone in last week's The New Cue (music newsletter so I can't link it but everyone can go and subscribe):

"I’ve always really respected Annie as an artist and I really like her as a person. "

"What was Annie like as a producer?
She takes it really seriously. She’s really considered and she has such an incredible knowledge of music. She reminded me at some points of how it was to work with Rick Rubin when Angus and I did Angus & Julia Stone with him because he had such an incredible mind full of music and he would often play us a song before we recorded something, and the song was never like what we were about to record, but it gave us a feeling. Annie was much the same, she would reference really obscure tracks and play this song from a record that came out of Manchester in 1992 from this band that I'd never heard of, and it would really help direct or give me a feeling of what she was trying to explain to me. Annie would always say, “proof of concept”, so any idea, mine, hers, Thomas’, we’d have to try it."

"Which track on the record means the most to you?
It changes, but at the moment it’s Sixty Summers. I love hearing Annie's voice on the bridge and singing with her was a real treat."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She’s not underrated. She’s won two Grammy’s. She can sustain a tour for years around the world. Your insecurity is like reverse trolling.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 15:08
She’s not underrated. She’s won two Grammy’s. She can sustain a tour for years around the world. Your insecurity is like reverse trolling.
Grammys are literal shit, mean absolutely nothing. You know that because Swift has won over Kendrick X2 and over Fiona Apple.
I meant the overall media etc.. She is underrated.

Something else. I absolutely fucking love "Pay Your Way In Pain". The song is absolutely amazing, like literal genius things in the composition. Also love Annie's modular synth parts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 23:32
And? Annie was talking about 2014-mid 2017 when her life was fucked up. She was in very bad place back then. Has been better since 2018.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 23:32
Sorry but what does that have to do with anything?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 18:50
And? Annie was talking about 2014-mid 2017 when her life was fucked up. She was in very bad place back then. Has been better since 2018.
DA. I also don't get what Op even means... but yeah Annie has talked about 2016-2017 which is the period during she was working on Masseduction and she was very alone in the process (except for Jenny Lewis that time she was staying at her house)... Basically 2017 she's said a lot of times and during Masseduction press that she was alone, remember that interview she said "deep nun mode" and she's always described that period as being alone, single (also no sex lol) and only working on the album and coming out of depression.

She didn't even meet Leah until the fall.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
That’s not what Annie said. She specifically gave examples from her tour. It’s not Cara vs. LL.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Nah, Annie talked again recently about during the making of Masseduction 2016-2017 she was fucked up, going through something. Probably that's what the anon brought up random post. However, just going by stuff what we know, and as Annie also has stated, Annie has was single, and by herself, no drinking and with a stomach problem. She met LL in September of 2017 in Marfa, LL has nothing to do with that specific period Annie mentioned.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 20:42
That’s not what Annie said. She specifically gave examples from her tour. It’s not Cara vs. LL.
DA. Not op but, WTH? No one is talking about Cara. Or even about LL. We were talking about Annie and what she specifically said about 2016-2017 when she was doing Masseduction

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Da :eyeroll: it's not x VS x. Annie is talking about that period and it's obvious too that she had just went through a break up and a rebound. Annie isn't a person to give out details.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

OG Anon claimed Annie was so happy now.

I would argue Annie was happy making her XX short, recording with Jack and writing with Carrie. She also took small breaks, every couple of weeks, while on tour to work on other projects (S-K & DG) and recharge. All during the Masseduction period.

Annie is forever grappling with anxiety. In and out of a relationship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She didn't give examples from the tour. The fucked up period of time was before Masseduction tour began in October 2017. She has talked multiple times how she was in bad place 2014-2017.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 22:34
She didn't give examples from the tour. The fucked up period of time was before Masseduction tour began in October 2017. She has talked multiple times how she was in bad place 2014-2017.
Brooklyn Vegan

"In hindsight, I realized that the [last album, 2017’s] Masseduction and tour was so incredibly strict," she continues, "whether it was the outfits I was wearing that literally constricted me, to the show being tight and the music being angular and rigid. When I wrapped that, I was like ‘oh, I just want things that are fluid and wiggly and I want this music to look like a Cassavetes film.“

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 22:34
DA. She literally said the period when she was making Masseduction album, she was working on the album on 2016 -2017 that's literally what they talked about on the radio and why she mentioned it. 2014 is irrelevant. So that's 2016- mid 2017.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 22:19
OG Anon claimed Annie was so happy now.

I would argue Annie was happy making her XX short, recording with Jack and writing with Carrie. She also took small breaks, every couple of weeks, while on tour to work on other projects (S-K & DG) and recharge. All during the Masseduction period.

Annie is forever grappling with anxiety. In and out of a relationship.
Ugh. Most of what you mentioned is not during the making of Masseduction period. There's nothing to argue about, when it comes directly from Annie's mouth. Annie is literally expressing she's in a better place right now and when making Daddy's Home now than when she did Masseduction. Writing with Carrie, SK & DG came much later, she did that in 2018. Annie was making MASS. mid 2019- mid 2017.

Also Masseduction has a lot of depressive songs no one here seems to like to talk about. Basically what she said again in the radio show is what we been knew. Only certain #@#$x stans would dismiss it :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I meant mid 2016 to mid 2017

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 00:27
I meant mid 2016 to mid 2017
Coincidence end of 2016 when she went through a break up. Finishing up that album while "I was holding onto music so tightly just to get me out of a personally fucked out place. I was very strict with myself. I was crazy strict about how much I was working; I wasn’t drinking, I wasn’t haven’t sex" that's what she said

Compared to Daddy's Home, she's in a good place personally, supportive partner, stable and long term relationship, she isn't traveling like crazy, and dad is home 😁

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Move on already!!!! Are we going to have pages of the b s??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 02:39
Move on already!!!! Are we going to have pages of the b s??
This is L Chat not a music forum. And the thread isn’t very active. Go to Discord, start another topic or check back later.

MERS
Reactions: 14

Post by MERS »

Move on. There will not be a rehashed 4 year old shipper fight. It will be deleted.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was watching the Ohio University Summit today with Annie. I loved when Annie's jaw dropped when the producer mentioned to her that Prince talked about her with him and that's how he (the producer) knew about Annie. Haha that was 💯

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 03:35
I was watching the Ohio University Summit today with Annie. I loved when Annie's jaw dropped when the producer mentioned to her that Prince talked about her with him and that's how he (the producer) knew about Annie. Haha that was 💯
Oh I missed it. Any new info and do you have the link? Thanks you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Daddy's Home wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 02:44
❤️Image
This is so so HOT!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Daddy's Home wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 02:44
❤️Image
Daaaayum Boss

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 03:35
Tell us more, please.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 14:34
Annie is so so underrated and underappreciated and people love to hate her but here are again some praise and love from another artist:
Julia Stone in last week's The New Cue (music newsletter so I can't link it but everyone can go and subscribe):

"I’ve always really respected Annie as an artist and I really like her as a person. "

"What was Annie like as a producer?
She takes it really seriously. She’s really considered and she has such an incredible knowledge of music. She reminded me at some points of how it was to work with Rick Rubin when Angus and I did Angus & Julia Stone with him because he had such an incredible mind full of music and he would often play us a song before we recorded something, and the song was never like what we were about to record, but it gave us a feeling. Annie was much the same, she would reference really obscure tracks and play this song from a record that came out of Manchester in 1992 from this band that I'd never heard of, and it would really help direct or give me a feeling of what she was trying to explain to me. Annie would always say, “proof of concept”, so any idea, mine, hers, Thomas’, we’d have to try it."

"Which track on the record means the most to you?
It changes, but at the moment it’s Sixty Summers. I love hearing Annie's voice on the bridge and singing with her was a real treat."
Annie is the best!
Haters are going to hate nothing we or Annie can do to change that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

love the Daddy necklace 😆

Daddy
Reactions:

Post by Daddy »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 14:19
No doubt LL bough the daddy necklace and also prob shot the vid. :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Oh my, she is so beautiful and in perfect shape just look at her body!!! Wow! And wtf her hands are so beautiful and sexy, lol, never really noticed that.🔥💯

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Annie is always hot and beautiful but she is very so during this interview, like very sexy. Fuck yeah!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Daddy wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 15:13
Guest wrote:
Yes! I thought the same! I love this sense of humor they have.
Btw, anyone notice the "pinky promise ring" that Annie uses from time to time? I know that LL uses one too but I don't know if it's the same ring, or if she has one and Annie other and it's not related.
I'm curious about this. :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 05:23
Daddy wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 15:13
Guest wrote:
Yes! I thought the same! I love this sense of humor they have.
Btw, anyone notice the "pinky promise ring" that Annie uses from time to time? I know that LL uses one too but I don't know if it's the same ring, or if she has one and Annie other and it's not related.
I'm curious about this. :hudoin:
DA. Yeah, I've noticed the ring too. I think is Annie's and LL wears it sometimes.
Also in the video you can kinda hear a person holding their laugh for a moment lol, yeah it's probably LL recording