Re: Lesbian TV Shows

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 08:39
Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 06:11
myka4hg wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 00:29

It was treated worse from the point of view that Sophia is not Kate's "The One." The brother is. So effectively they are saying homosexual love is less than hetero love. That's the message.

The thing is, they could have flipped it by having her initially match with the brother but then fall for Sophia. That way the wlw relationship could have had value & importance & be good rep. But no, as usual, we get a woman choosing a man over a woman. It was fucking atrocious.
My guess is that you've seen some other show, OR a secret episode of The One, which you were the only one with access to, because none of the things you are describing actually happen. These are just your interpretations of what you saw, nothing more, and sorry but I strongly disagree with them. Kate was confused for sure, but she did not give up on Sofia, and she did not choose the brother over her. In the end she stayed with, didn't she? If the case was as you are describing, she would've told her about what happened with the brother and asked for time to clear her mind. She has doubts about this whole matching thing, not about Sofia. In the very beginning it was made clear that dating women was more of an exception for her, but still she gave chance to Sofia and actually fell in love with her. The brother situation was brought in to make her doubt if this is real love in general and not just some crazy science. Comparing homosexual and hetero love is out of the question here, because the show clearly showed in the early episodes that both are perfectly equal. The questions they are asking their audience, with all the couples, is "Can love be simulated? Is it all biochemistry and genetics, or there is more? Is love just physical attraction or requires another form of connection? Are we ready to sacrifice those we love for personal gain?" and so on, and so on. Of course there is always chance for you to be right and for me to be wrong, I will admit that. But we haven't seen yet the things you are describing and honestly I doubt the show will take the path you are talking about. You have your own interpretation of the situation and this is perfectly fine and normal, but you are trying to present it as a fact.
The LAST scene involving the couple literally showed Kate scrolling through the brother's instagram page before Sophia kissed her. Obviously Kate had some urges to be with the brother in the end. If the whole brother/kate thing wasn't meant to be interpreted in that way, the writers did a terrible job at it.
May be they are bad, who knows. For me she was trying to make clear the whole thing for herself after she asked is there a chance for more than one match. Because if there is, The One is not what it presents itself to be, and maybe the feelings she has for Sophia are not real at all, which doesn't necessarily mean she is in love with the brother.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So it was about DNA love matching system? What's the possibility of close percentage of someone matching with siblings ^o)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anons, there is a thread fot the show 'The One'

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 15:42
Amy Acker appearing for a guest spot as the lesbian judge's love interest in last night's All Rise.
Wait...what!!? Sign me TF up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 12:44
Guest wrote:
Amy Acker appearing for a guest spot as the lesbian judge's love interest in last night's All Rise.
The meet cute with her the judge was pretty tropey and adorable—I kind of loved it lol. And her character is so pleasant! Go back a page to see gifs, they’re under a spoiler tag.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
WHAT?
Stopping everything to watch this right now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 19:00
Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 17:00
Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 16:15

You son of a bitch I’m in!!
Came here to say the same thing!!!! She’s so adorable and I don’t even watch the show but I love her and the judge already. Spoiler gifs for those who can’t find a link to watch:)
DA Those gifs are giving me major Caroline Turing flashbacks! And I never watched this show, but Marg Helgenberger playing a lesbian makes my Catherine/Sara shipper heart happy.
Same!!
Oh how I miss Root :dramaqueen: :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 12:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The meet cute with her the judge was pretty tropey and adorable—I kind of loved it lol. And her character is so pleasant! Go back a page to see gifs, they’re under a spoiler tag.
I watched it and it was love at first sight when they meet eye to eye literally :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Just saw the gifs. Thank you.
Omg i missed Amy. :$ She still had some Root vibes. I can't believe i'm gonna watch a legal drama for Amy. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

myka4hg wrote:
Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 21:51
Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 20:17

I like the show overall but wlw storyline is so shitty. I don't know if it's in the script or it's the acting. It looked like the detective wanted the brother more.
The wlw storyline wasn't treated worse than the other ones. Rebecca's match dies in the end. Mark cheats on his wife with his match, then goes back to the wife even though it's kinda clear that he also has feelings for his match.
I liked the show, but if you only watch it for romance, better find something else.
It was treated worse from the point of view that Sophia is not Kate's "The One." The brother is. So effectively they are saying homosexual love is less than hetero love. That's the message.

The thing is, they could have flipped it by having her initially match with the brother but then fall for Sophia. That way the wlw relationship could have had value & importance & be good rep. But no, as usual, we get a woman choosing a man over a woman. It was fucking atrocious.
No, the message is that the one is bullshit. That between siblings with a high degree of chromosome recombination, you can get more than a match. Meaning you can be in love with more than just one person.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 13:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I watched it and it was love at first sight when they meet eye to eye literally :lol:
I know! The judge’s reaction when the elevator doors close and she’s gotten her number is so cute lol. I like them, it’s a break from all the usual lesbian angst and drama we’ve been getting in shows lately.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 14:39
myka4hg wrote:
Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 21:51

The wlw storyline wasn't treated worse than the other ones. Rebecca's match dies in the end. Mark cheats on his wife with his match, then goes back to the wife even though it's kinda clear that he also has feelings for his match.
I liked the show, but if you only watch it for romance, better find something else.

No, the message is that the one is bullshit. That between siblings with a high degree of chromosome recombination, you can get more than a match. Meaning you can be in love with more than just one person.
da. oh, that makes it all better and not at all gross that she has feelings for the brother.

seriously tho, are people being purposely dense? at the end of the day, no matter how much writers think they're being clever and believe their storyline is soooo different all they do is reinforce that f/f relationships are lesser by inserting a dude in it.

they could've switched the siblings, they could made them sisters, etc but no, they chose the typical bs...

anyway, i can't believe this boring ass show with that shitty storyline has fans here. some people will really take anything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 14:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I know! The judge’s reaction when the elevator doors close and she’s gotten her number is so cute lol. I like them, it’s a break from all the usual lesbian angst and drama we’ve been getting in shows lately.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVxZjS ... 7Mw/videos

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 15:33
Guest wrote:
myka4hg wrote:

da. oh, that makes it all better and not at all gross that she has feelings for the brother.

seriously tho, are people being purposely dense? at the end of the day, no matter how much writers think they're being clever and believe their storyline is soooo different all they do is reinforce that f/f relationships are lesser by inserting a dude in it.

they could've switched the siblings, they could made them sisters, etc but no, they chose the typical bs...

anyway, i can't believe this boring ass show with that shitty storyline has fans here. some people will really take anything.
x2 that one anon who thinks we actually care about the show and its message" lmaooo it could be the greatest show ever made but if they treat their lesbian or bi characters like this then it doesn't matter. idk why they're so adamant on wanting ppl to give it a chance, you just enjoy your show and find others in the internet or reddit to discuss it with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 22:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2 that one anon who thinks we actually care about the show and its message" lmaooo it could be the greatest show ever made but if they treat their lesbian or bi characters like this then it doesn't matter. idk why they're so adamant on wanting ppl to give it a chance, you just enjoy your show and find others in the internet or reddit to discuss it with.
I couldn't care less if you give it a chance or not. My only point was that they treated all their three romantic storylines like shit, not just the wlw. It's obvious they didn't intend to cater to people who only watch tvshows for the ships.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 23:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I couldn't care less if you give it a chance or not. My only point was that they treated all their three romantic storylines like shit, not just the wlw. It's obvious they didn't intend to cater to people who only watch tvshows for the ships.
DA People aren't complaining about the ship/romance angle only, it's the treatment of the only central same-sex relationship on the show. Were the other m/f couples that were treated badly subject to a woman going for another woman while cheating or whatever, or a man going for a man? Whatever happened in those, the het nature was never challenged.

In this one, they didn't have the woman develop feelings for another sister, right? Or match a man and develop feelings for a sister? If it was just only going to be about messiness. The sole same-sex relationship was compared to and lost to a m/f relationship. In effect, if you were rooting for the m/f "ship" between her and the brother, then as a shipper you'd be catered to. Because hets will always get something. That's all.

Well, and one other thing. We're nowhere near a world where all this happens in a vacuum and "the same-sex relationship is as shitty as the m/f ones" is no excuse. They could have just not included it, or, again, have them be flipped around, if the inherent messiness was what they wanted to show.

myka4hg
Reactions: 45

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They treated all 3 like shit but they could've still done a fucked up & twisted wlw relationship without insulting wlw relationships. God knows we've seen enough of them too. :rofl: What's really worrying is that you don't seem to understand why it's so fucking offensive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 23:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA People aren't complaining about the ship/romance angle only, it's the treatment of the only central same-sex relationship on the show. Were the other m/f couples that were treated badly subject to a woman going for another woman while cheating or whatever, or a man going for a man? Whatever happened in those, the het nature was never challenged.

In this one, they didn't have the woman develop feelings for another sister, right? Or match a man and develop feelings for a sister? If it was just only going to be about messiness. The sole same-sex relationship was compared to and lost to a m/f relationship. In effect, if you were rooting for the m/f "ship" between her and the brother, then as a shipper you'd be catered to. Because hets will always get something. That's all.

Well, and one other thing. We're nowhere near a world where all this happens in a vacuum and "the same-sex relationship is as shitty as the m/f ones" is no excuse. They could have just not included it, or, again, have them be flipped around, if the inherent messiness was what they wanted to show.
Have you even watched the show? They did actually have the woman fall in love with another woman. She was still in love with the woman at the end of the season and still in a relationship with her.
BTW, one of the het relationship ended up with the guy dying. Would you have liked it better if that had happened with the wlw storyline?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 15:42
Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 14:52
Guest wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVxZjS ... 7Mw/videos
Amy is so pretty. Towards the end of the episode, she really looks and dresses like Root. :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know Riderdale is trashy af but Cheryl's new girl is hot 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 23:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Have you even watched the show? They did actually have the woman fall in love with another woman. She was still in love with the woman at the end of the season and still in a relationship with her.
BTW, one of the het relationship ended up with the guy dying. Would you have liked it better if that had happened with the wlw storyline?
Da the fact remains they inserted a man between the two women in a same sex romance, a tired trope that keeps repeating itself. They did not insert a partner of the same sex between the couple in one of the heterosexual relationships. They never do.

And yes she fell in love with the woman but also the brother, she kissed him back, asked if you can have two matches and ended the season looking at his pictures while she was with the woman she supposedly loves.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 23:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

girl, no one cares if they treated the f/f mildy shitty in comparison with other het couples. why should we? it was still shit that they felt that they needed to include a man in their relationship. you really are so thick.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 05:49
She looks like she can be her mother

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 08:35
Guest wrote:
She looks like she can be her mother
What?? ^o)
The actress who plays her new love interest is only 25 years old!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 19:00
Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 17:00

Came here to say the same thing!!!! She’s so adorable and I don’t even watch the show but I love her and the judge already. Spoiler gifs for those who can’t find a link to watch:)
DA Those gifs are giving me major Caroline Turing flashbacks! And I never watched this show, but Marg Helgenberger playing a lesbian makes my Catherine/Sara shipper heart happy.
Same!!
Oh how I miss Root :dramaqueen: :bigcry:
I love Amy, had watched interview with her two years ago and she's so cute and shy :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Amy Acker is a good actress, and she is lovely. The woman is marriage material, I' d marry her right here right now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tomorrow starts Sky Rojo on Netflix
(8 episodes each of 25 minutes. The second season might be aired by the mid of 2022.)
Tell us if it's worth watching

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Stopped watching long time ago, what happened to Toni? Did they kill her off? lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 14:53
(8 episodes each of 25 minutes. The second season might be aired by the mid of 2022.)
Are we actually excited about it? It looks like a bad version of Money Heist and I wouldn't trust a similiar production. Hoping to be wrong though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 15:22
Guest wrote:
Stopped watching long time ago, what happened to Toni? Did they kill her off? lol
DA
The actress got pregnant, so they probably had to change ChoNi storyline because of it. She is still on the show tho

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA The actress just had a baby, so she's taking some time off

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 15:25
Guest wrote:
Are we actually excited about it? It looks like a bad version of Money Heist and I wouldn't trust a similiar production. Hoping to be wrong though.
I have low expectations...especially after reading the spoilers. They are three leading ladies, two of them straight and only Wendy is probably lesbian (flashbacks :unsure: ).
You must know that there are many hetero sex scenes (as they are sex workers).
Well, I'll check it, cause it has only 8 episodes and I'll tell you

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA
The actress got pregnant, so they probably had to change ChoNi storyline because of it. She is still on the show tho
Thankfully, they didn't turn Toni straight. They excuse her pregnancy saying that Toni has gynecological problems and she can't have baby in the future. So, she decided to have now baby (the donor/father is their gay friend from season 1).
Cheryl will have a new girlfriend (you know, for more drama) but I'm sure that Choni will be the end game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 15:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
Thankfully, they didn't turn Toni straight. They excuse her pregnancy saying that Toni has gynecological problems and she can't have baby in the future. So, she decided to have now baby (the donor/father is their gay friend from season 1).
Cheryl will have a new girlfriend (you know, for more drama) but I'm sure that Choni will be the end game.
that's was really nice from the writers :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
At least they got one thing right

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
Ummm, am I the only one lost in this storyline? So Choni were together, then Toni learnt she can’t have kids in the future, so she got pregnant with their gay friend and now Cheryl has a new gf? I’m sorry but whaaat :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 17:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
Ummm, am I the only one lost in this storyline? So Choni were together, then Toni learnt she can’t have kids in the future, so she got pregnant with their gay friend and now Cheryl has a new gf? I’m sorry but whaaat :nervous:
DA Choni were together and then broke up, then immediately a timeskip. Now Toni's pregnant, as it turns out because she wanted to have a kid before she couldn't, even if technically single, and decided to have it with her gay friends, the kid will be theirs too, so they'll be the dads and she'll be the mom but obviously only the dads are together romantically. In the meantime, Cheryl has a new gf. But agreed with the anon above, this is just an obstacle so they can get together again after.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
What happened to the days where they just had the actress stand behind shit that was waist high? Its not that difficult to hide a baby bump. Not the worst way to explain the pregnant lesbian storyline but still, fuck that's bad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
X2. Wait what?! Like pregnant lesbian storyline because the actress got pregnant IRL. The other anon was right they could just hide if for a while or maybe make a different story to make actress leave. I dunno. Just reading what happened to her made me cringe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 17:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Choni were together and then broke up, then immediately a timeskip. Now Toni's pregnant, as it turns out because she wanted to have a kid before she couldn't, even if technically single, and decided to have it with her gay friends, the kid will be theirs too, so they'll be the dads and she'll be the mom but obviously only the dads are together romantically. In the meantime, Cheryl has a new gf. But agreed with the anon above, this is just an obstacle so they can get together again after.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is The One any good?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 18:34
Is The One any good?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76839

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
x2 , i know its basically just to serve Choni but i hope they actually do pose the posibility of Cheryl at least getting something...like nobody vpwould believe that Toni didn't get any on their break but Cheryl was coped up in her home for 7 years :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 17:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

What happened to the days where they just had the actress stand behind shit that was waist high? Its not that difficult to hide a baby bump. Not the worst way to explain the pregnant lesbian storyline but still, fuck that's bad.
The worst was on Guiding Light where they made the pregnant one stand behind a bunch of stuff and hide her bump behind huge bags, then after she had the baby in real life they made her character pregnant on the show and made her wear a fake baby bump.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That was my thought. Don't they do that anymore? I remember JBeal's big ass ponchos on The L Word back in the day.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 12:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The worst was on Guiding Light where they made the pregnant one stand behind a bunch of stuff and hide her bump behind huge bags, then after she had the baby in real life they made her character pregnant on the show and made her wear a fake baby bump.
This is next level dumb ass decision making. I can't even believe it. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 12:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA I literally thought of that when I was reading the above posts because man, JL looked pregnant as fuck, there was no hiding that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 15:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I have low expectations...especially after reading the spoilers. They are three leading ladies, two of them straight and only Wendy is probably lesbian (flashbacks :unsure: ).
Well, I check it and it was bad...it had only hetero explicit sex-scenes, almost all the episodes were really disgusting and awful.
It was really raw and it shows how disgusting men kidnap poor girls (most of the time with consent of their family) and how the sex trafficking is working.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 14:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well, I check it and it was bad...it had only hetero explicit sex-scenes, almost all the episodes were really disgusting and awful.
It was really raw and it shows how disgusting men kidnap poor girls (most of the time with consent of their family) and how the sex trafficking is working.
DA. How about lesbian character that you mention? Can we watch only for her?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 15:01
Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 14:57
Guest wrote:

DA. How about lesbian character that you mention? Can we watch only for her?
No...she has only one flashback-episode 4 (if you want to watch it and it's very fast)...However her character hasn't explicit scenes with men (like the other two women who have a lot)