That Emisue ship has sailed

Reactions:

Re: Apple's Dickinson

Post by Guest »

I only watch this show because of Lavania

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Putting Emisue aside because that ship is dead at this point, I thought this episode was at least better than what we’ve been given this season. Sucks that it took 9 episodes to get some decent writing. I don’t expect some miraculous Emisue miracle by episode 10.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I literally despise Sue now and her miscarriage is not an excuse to be such a shit person in every other respect

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kinda hope the finale gets leaked so it ruins ratings lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 21:11
Kinda hope the finale gets leaked so it ruins ratings lol
It's a web series ratings don't matter but yeah I hope the finale gets leaked

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Sue the only female love interest she had?...I wish the show gives her a female li instead of shoving males down our throats

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 22:53
Is Sue the only female love interest she had?...I wish the show gives her a female li instead of shoving males down our throats
She had lifeline correspondence with many different friends from school including Abby Wood, who was referred to in contemporary and posthumous accounts as her "particular friend." The Molly Shannon movie implies that Emily and Kate Scott Turner might've had a thing, but in reality she was Sue's friend moreso than Emily's, and didn't spend a whole lot of time with her.

The modern research on Emily's original documents are pretty clear: anything that was romantic in nature had any names erased or altered. Scans showed Sue's name in all of them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 06:55
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 06:29
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 06:26
Damn I was thinking of starting this show tonight but decided to take a look at the thread first. How much of it is worth watching for the lesbian storyline?
I'm on the fence about this after ss1. I watched ss1 and some of ss2 , I was hoping for thing to get better.
But for the shit show that ss2 is, not worth it anon
That sounds like S1 might be ok then? Damn I subscribed to Apple TV+ just for this show! Lol. (Ended up watching For All Mankind first which I really liked so keeping it at least until I can finish its 2nd season which comes out Feb. 19. Not much on this streaming service).

So long as their relationship is believable and there's at least a decent amount of kissing...? I can bail after S1. :rofl: It's not even my usual kind of show but I might suffer through it for some lesbian content. The desperation is real.
Watch For All Mankind - much better use of your Apple+

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 04:52
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 06:55
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 06:29

I'm on the fence about this after ss1. I watched ss1 and some of ss2 , I was hoping for thing to get better.
But for the shit show that ss2 is, not worth it anon
That sounds like S1 might be ok then? Damn I subscribed to Apple TV+ just for this show! Lol. (Ended up watching For All Mankind first which I really liked so keeping it at least until I can finish its 2nd season which comes out Feb. 19. Not much on this streaming service).

So long as their relationship is believable and there's at least a decent amount of kissing...? I can bail after S1. :rofl: It's not even my usual kind of show but I might suffer through it for some lesbian content. The desperation is real.
Watch For All Mankind - much better use of your Apple+
OP. Yeah, For All Mankind is great! I will probably watch episode 1 of season 2 tonight or tomorrow. I just learned that the episodes air weekly. Bummer, I don't really care to stay subscribed to Apple TV+ for long. Maybe I will end it later and rejoin to binge the 2nd season. I'm liking Morning Show too (way more than I did Bombshell).

Watching the first 20 minutes of Dickinson...it just annoys me lol. Maybe for a young avid reader it'd be better. I'll try to give it a real shot sometime though because I did subscribe for this!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 01:27
Guest wrote:
She had lifeline correspondence with many different friends from school including Abby Wood, who was referred to in contemporary and posthumous accounts as her "particular friend." The Molly Shannon movie implies that Emily and Kate Scott Turner might've had a thing, but in reality she was Sue's friend moreso than Emily's, and didn't spend a whole lot of time with her.

The modern research on Emily's original documents are pretty clear: anything that was romantic in nature had any names erased or altered. Scans showed Sue's name in all of them.
DA That's so tragic and poignant.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 05:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Can someone tweet that to Alena? Then we can all take bets on what her ridiculous excuse will be. I’ll start. She’ll say, if we actually watched the show we’d know she *is* paying tribute to their deep romantic bond :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 05:47
Guest wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 05:42
Guest wrote:

Can someone tweet that to Alena? Then we can all take bets on what her ridiculous excuse will be. I’ll start. She’ll say, if we actually watched the show we’d know she *is* paying tribute to their deep romantic bond :rofl:
DA right lol She already said to someone on twt 'it might've happened' so it's pretty obvious she chose to put her own hetspin, good luck anyone watching s3, I stopped watching this garbage half way this season 🤮

what I can't understand is why they have to shove het shit into everything, they've got millions of het stories, why this

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just finished watching i care a lot right after I watched dickinson and my God. Apple is complete sht compared to Netflix.

Seems like there's a lot of good lesbian content these days. We don't have to settle for the garbage that is dickinson.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 05:23
I just finished watching i care a lot right after I watched dickinson and my God. Apple is complete sht compared to Netflix.

Seems like there's a lot of good lesbian content these days. We don't have to settle for the garbage that is dickinson.
We don't have to settle for garbage anyone , this is 2021 girls :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not sure what show she’s watching. I dislike how the creator only retweets comments that praise the show. Creators should take advice from criticism.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 06:07

Not sure what show she’s watching. I dislike how the creator only retweets comments that praise the show. Creators should take advice from criticism.
2/3 of the world have questionable taste about everything lol plus, if you are bisexual or het you might like it, these two premises together - the recipe for disaster 😂 I'll say this show is an absolute disrespect towards Emily Dickinson

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

BiHet twitter: Dickinson is a masterpiece!!! :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This next weeks episode is the fight with Emsue, Sue totally deserves it I am sorry, I don't want to sound mean but after all this season I have come to that opinion. There's also a picture of Sam and Emily, and Sam looks like he did nothing wrong. But he is also a d---.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 21:24
This next weeks episode is the fight with Emsue, Sue totally deserves it I am sorry, I don't want to sound mean but after all this season I have come to that opinion. There's also a picture of Sam and Emily, and Sam looks like he did nothing wrong. But he is also a d---.
no1 curr

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol they basically put what should've been one of the season's driving plots (EmiSue fallout and literally any Sue development at all) in the last episode as probaby a cliffhanger. Fuck this show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 22:59
Probably another hallucination :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

is just me or it looks like Emily is a seer or something? i mean the Nobody guy who will die, the Sue x Sam thing, it can't be hallucinations.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maybe...so I am guessing we aren't getting 'good' emsue scenes, most likely just yelling lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:boobs:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Such BS. I wonder how we even put up with such nonsensical, inaccurate portrayal of such a well-known historic figure. Talk about rewriting history, lesbian erasure. Meh.

Aemeth
Veteran
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

Honestly, after all this speculation that Hailey may be queer I am now convinced she's 100% straight. No self respecting lb woman would condone this bullshit let alone play and produce it.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 18:24

I agree with everything, the show is shitty, the portrayal of poor Emily is terrible in its rewriting, but I'm finding myself weak watching this gif... :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 19:25
Guest wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 18:24

I agree with everything, the show is shitty, the portrayal of poor Emily is terrible in its rewriting, but I'm finding myself weak watching this gif... :dramaqueen:
:uphere:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So they really did throw in all the gay last episode....

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 03:00
So they really did throw in all the gay last episode....
Well, they did tell people to wait for it. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wel you have to give credit to the acting of Hailee and Ella. That was an intense scene. The writers did great this episode. This episode is the best epsiode of this season, sadly they took 10 episodes to get there. Sue cheating with Sam makes me feel like they did that on purpose to get Austin to despise Sue, so Sue could get to Emily without issues lol just a theory. I. hope they dont bring Sam back ever..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why was Emily choking her? LOL
It made me laugh

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fucking finally

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The buildup to the finale was terrible though. There was no hint of Sue being in love with Emily. They could have shown at least some subtle hints towards that instead of making Sue completely unlikable the whole season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hate this season
But I have to admit this is hot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Vary deceptive sex scene? Are they actually doing anything in the tub?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 05:28
You have the tub scene on tumblr already
It's just sensual, nothing explicit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

please vote for HAILEE in the lchat hot 100

LINK TO VOTE-
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Q/viewform

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope the writers really listen to all the complaints and not get high off critical praise for just the finale. Viewers want to see more of Emily and Sue together and focus a lot less on the men.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 05:43
Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 05:28
You have the tub scene on tumblr already
It's just sensual, nothing explicit.
Ohhh, what is Emily supposed to be doing to sue then.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 06:00
I hope the writers really listen to all the complaints and not get high off critical praise for just the finale. Viewers want to see more of Emily and Sue together and focus a lot less on the men.
While I hate that it took so long, this should be a good segway into making a 3rd season where they’re the sole focus

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I binged the shit out of this during season 1, even though I only felt the first 3 episode were really good. Then everything flew off the fucking rails with them trying to make Emily straight. Glad I stopped watching, I think this show does an awful job with sexuality. I don't expect Emily and Sue to run off in the words together but fuck off with the men already.

I actually didn't mind the fingering season last season, but that bathtub scene posted above is.......fine. It's something but I'm not orgasming over it. Especially how they dragged it on for a whole fucking season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ivy by Taylor Swift (which some believe the song is inspired by Emily and Sue's story) is 4 minutes long yet more interesting and complex then 2 seasons of this bullshit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 07:37
Ivy by Taylor Swift (which some believe the song is inspired by Emily and Sue's story) is 4 minutes long yet more interesting and complex then 2 seasons of this bullshit.
Yup, she told a story in 4 minutes song better than a 400 pages book and this 10 episodes season.
Episode 10 is so out of place, there is no literally no build up and then boom "I love you" out of no where. I want to enjoy it so much but It just doesn't make sense. Everybody loves angst but the angst that exists just for the sake of angst. :yawn: