Re: US Women's Soccer Part XVII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 15:03
Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 14:56
Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 14:47

Can see her making a bigger roster sure, but can't see her displacing KO at RB any time soon
How many on the Shiba roster? 23?

I can’t remember if he brought in a larger number for the “camp” right before Shiba then cut it down
yeah I think he had 26 at camp and cut it down to 23 for the roster.
Thanks. So that’s only one less than he brought in for January camp.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love when element chimes in with a hot take because she forgot to go on anon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 15:31
Lol Pinoe is all about calling people out

element
Reactions: 12

Post by element »

Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 15:28
I love when element chimes in with a hot take because she forgot to go on anon.
I don’t hide behind anon. 😉
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 15:35
Guest wrote:
And good for her. But, I'm also tired that the ones choosing to stand are nowhere near the press after games (besides Carli bc we already know how much she loves hearing herself speak). If they love a piece of cloth so much more than human lives, why are they hiding and avoiding questions?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 15:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
And good for her. But, I'm also tired that the ones choosing to stand are nowhere near the press after games (besides Carli bc we already know how much she loves hearing herself speak). If they love a piece of cloth so much more than human lives, why are they hiding and avoiding questions?
We all know why da. They "pretend" that they care because it's "the topic" atm. We all know deep down they don't give a f shit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 14:53
Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 14:45
Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 14:37
Sometimes wonder if i watch same game as woso journos. I don’t know why they beed to overcompensate about certain players.
Because
1) they have favorites and cannot form any objective opinions
2) they know social media fans have favorites/most hated players and they play to that
3) they know if they do 2^ they will get good social media engagement stats on their content from fans who don't actually understand soccer that well but just want to hear about the personalities they stan the most
Summed it up perfectly.
I got sucked into looking at woso fan accounts on Twitter during the first game and there was a moment where KO had beaten 3 players who came at her at the same time and managed to get a cross off, which, was the 2nd time she did that. There was people live tweeting about how she's being pocketed by the defenders, how its embarrassing that she's not able to get crosses off, that she can't beat them etc when literally on the screen in front of them she was doing all of that. They can hate KO as much as they want but they don't care about the game, they actually rewrite the match in order to fit their own narrative.

Thats just an example but it's people like that that engage the most with social media content, they're more active on the platform and more vocal, so sketchy journalists will put out content for those people because they're guaranteed some action from it. Having a realistic take on things doesn't really translate to a win for social media content when it comes to the USWNT/NWSL.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope in the nwsl they just do what the wsl is doing. Don’t play the anthem have them kneel before the whistle. At this point if someone isn’t going to kneel for the anthem then they won’t do it a month or a 7 months from now.
So there’s no point continue to ask about which players are or are not.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol The standing clowns continue to get called out by other white players. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 15:49
I hope in the nwsl they just do what the wsl is doing. Don’t play the anthem have them kneel before the whistle. At this point if someone isn’t going to kneel for the anthem then they won’t do it a month or a 7 months from now.
I think something will happen where they will come to a collective decision to do something like that so there isn't constant talk of who is standing and who is kneeling. I also cant really see people kneeling forever, so i can see them having a collective decision as if to say 'let's end that but show support this way instead'. If only to calm any in-team fractions.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
da- I still don't get why we even play the anthem before the game? No one would miss it if they stop.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 15:44
guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 15:39
Guest wrote:

We all know why da. They "pretend" that they care because it's "the topic" atm. We all know deep down they don't give a f shit
DA- Players don’t have to kneel and players don’t have to stand. It’s their choice. Pinoe can say whatever she wants, all I care about is for her to play well in the SBC.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 15:56
Guest wrote:
I think something will happen where they will come to a collective decision to do something like that so there isn't constant talk of who is standing and who is kneeling. I also cant really see people kneeling forever, so i can see them having a collective decision as if to say 'let's end that but show support this way instead'. If only to calm any in-team fractions.
That’s the other thing, how long are these players going to kneel for? There’s a new administration.
Just do it the way the European clubs are doing it, because regardless who stands or who kneels they will still have a job tomorrow.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
This cant be actually unifying the team. :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da- I still don't get why we even play the anthem before the game? No one would miss it if they stop.
When it was decided in the challenge cup that players could remain in the tunnel dyring the anthem, one commentaor questioned why play it at all, and the other said that it has been a requirement of some advertisement or investors that they play the anthem. Something along those lines I can't remember but I do remember thinking wtf that's weird.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
:fool: Its a NT game the anthem will always be played. Y'all need to stop crying about that just because your faves are being ignorant dumbasses.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 16:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
That’s the other thing, how long are these players going to kneel for? There’s a new administration.
Just do it the way the European clubs are doing it, because regardless who stands or who kneels they will still have a job tomorrow.
:hmmm: just bc there's a new admin doesn't mean racism or the killing of black and brown people just stop. Please look at how all of the people who stormed and stole items from the Capitol they've all made bail and are now sitting at home waiting for trial. If you don’t believe in systemic racism at this point you are simply willfully ignorant.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 16:01
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
:fool: Its a NT game the anthem will always be played. Y'all need to stop crying about that just because your faves are being ignorant dumbasses.
I think they’re talking about the nwsl games. Not every player is American in the league.

GGGuest
Reactions:

Post by GGGuest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Except the only people crying about it are the ones who hate the players for standing.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
previous anon- I meant more for nwsl games or other major league games, I just don't get the national anthem playing? I totally agree that if it's a national game then the anthem playing makes sense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 16:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

:hmmm: just bc there's a new admin doesn't mean racism or the killing of black and brown people just stop. Please look at how all of the people who stormed and stole items from the Capitol they've all made bail and are now sitting at home waiting for trial. If you don’t believe in systemic racism at this point you are simply willfully ignorant.
Okay but what’s the end goal? Kneeling will continue for years to come? Because racism isn’t just going to stop tomorrow. There’s no point in playing an anthem for league games.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If the coaching staff is not careful the USWNT is going to be like Germany women's team where they were on top and now they don't even exist.. having so called Woso journalists won't don't know nothing about football having an input. I think they should follow the WSl and see how they operate when it comes to journalists..

GGGuest
Reactions:

Post by GGGuest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da. I think ultimately they will, because the clubs are also not going to want to have public disagreements between players, it's not a good look for the club. In turn thats also not the best look for the NWSL as a whole when they're actively trying to aggressively grow the game and its investment. It would better for them to do something which is a standalone commitment to BLM, like the do in the WSL, which would (surely) have 100% participation - that's better PR for the league.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

POST-MATCH REACTION: Megan Rapinoe | USWNT vs. Colombia | Jan. 22, 2021

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

POST-MATCH REACTION: Catarina Macario | USWNT vs. Colombia | Jan. 22, 2021

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

These so-called woso journalists don't understand that they have to be unbiased with their opinions because in the long they only destroying Sports.. :nails:

GGGUEST
Reactions:

Post by GGGUEST »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

POST-MATCH REACTION: Vlatko Andonovski | USWNT vs. Colombia | Jan. 22, 2021

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 16:22
These so-called woso journalists don't understand that they have to be unbiased with their opinions because in the long they only destroying Sports.. :nails:
I don’t think their opinions hold any weight so I doubt they’d be able to destroy the sport...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The US anthem should not be played at club games but it will. I can see owners asking the league to work out something because you have the likes of JJ and Horan standing and I’m sure owners don’t want to turn off fans and some supporter groups have already been loud about it. And the league needs good PR. So put together some actionable plans and initiatives that are league wide. They have enough time before now and beginning of the season to get it together

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Macario’s recent follows are adidas. I guess she’s signing with them

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 16:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da. I think ultimately they will, because the clubs are also not going to want to have public disagreements between players, it's not a good look for the club. In turn thats also not the best look for the NWSL as a whole when they're actively trying to aggressively grow the game and its investment. It would better for them to do something which is a standalone commitment to BLM, like the do in the WSL, which would (surely) have 100% participation - that's better PR for the league.
D.A. This.