Kate Mckinnon

Reactions:

Re: Kate Mckinnon

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 03:49
Guest wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 22:57
I wonder when Kate is going to appear on the talk show circuit. We've had half the cast on since the show returned & still no Kate.
There’s three possible reasons why she’s lying low and not doing press or talk shows....
1) she’s leaving SNL soon so knowing she’s an emotional person she’s probably not ready to openly talk about leaving.

2) Since she’s been wearing that ring for almost a year, notoriously private she’s possibly avoiding being on a talk show where she would most likely be asked about that. That and she’s protecting Alison.

3) Because is covid most of not all her side projects have been delayed so she doesn’t really have anything to plug right now.
she 100% has her people tell them what they are/aren't allowed to ask her and talk about. that's a thing show biz involving interviews. the celeb is allowed to have blackout topics

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 14:45
Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 05:16
Guest wrote:

There’s three possible reasons why she’s lying low and not doing press or talk shows....
1) she’s leaving SNL soon so knowing she’s an emotional person she’s probably not ready to openly talk about leaving.

2) Since she’s been wearing that ring for almost a year, notoriously private she’s possibly avoiding being on a talk show where she would most likely be asked about that. That and she’s protecting Alison.

3) Because is covid most of not all her side projects have been delayed so she doesn’t really have anything to plug right now.
I'm sorry I have to barge in and say that the ring is out of the question. Its not like it's all over the media lol speculations are only happening within the fandom. She can easily take it off if she wanted to (which she has)

Also, her publicist likely tells hosts what they are and aren’t allowed to discuss. Why do you think every time she’s been on Ellen, she hasn’t been prodded about her love life. Ellen is notorious for doing that. I mean she brought Jackie to the emmys etc and not one show host asked her about it after. I think her not being on talk shows had little to do with who she’s dating, and even less to do with the ring she’s been wearing, and more about the fact that she doesn’t have anything but SNl to promote at the moment. And like the pervious poster stated, she usually takes it off for promos, and public appearances.
I wonder why she takes it off for promos and public appearances? Maybe she’s just being careful, she probably knows that her news will eventually come out if she wears it publicly. Plus she’s a private person so she’s probably just protecting Alison

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 04:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm sorry I have to barge in and say that the ring is out of the question. Its not like it's all over the media lol speculations are only happening within the fandom. She can easily take it off if she wanted to (which she has)

Also, her publicist likely tells hosts what they are and aren’t allowed to discuss. Why do you think every time she’s been on Ellen, she hasn’t been prodded about her love life. Ellen is notorious for doing that. I mean she brought Jackie to the emmys etc and not one show host asked her about it after. I think her not being on talk shows had little to do with who she’s dating, and even less to do with the ring she’s been wearing, and more about the fact that she doesn’t have anything but SNl to promote at the moment. And like the pervious poster stated, she usually takes it off for promos, and public appearances.
I wonder why she takes it off for promos and public appearances? Maybe she’s just being careful, she probably knows that her news will eventually come out if she wears it publicly. Plus she’s a private person so she’s probably just protecting Alison
Or maybe the ring isnt exactly what you think it is. For all you know she could just wear it as a symbol of being in a relationship or even as a promise ring. I think you guys look way too into Kate's relationships.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 05:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Or maybe the ring isnt exactly what you think it is. For all you know she could just wear it as a symbol of being in a relationship or even as a promise ring. I think you guys look way too into Kate's relationships.
Why would she wear a ring on that finger if it means nothing? If it’s just a promise ring etc she could put it on any other finger

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 06:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Why would she wear a ring on that finger if it means nothing? If it’s just a promise ring etc she could put it on any other finger

I would agree that it’s just a symbol of being in a relationship and has no other meaning. She doesn’t always wear it. Just speaking from my own experience, my gf and i wear a ring too, but we aren’t engaged or married. It’s just a symbol of our commitment to each other.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

This old video appeared on my recommended videos page on youtube. I had never seen it before and I didn't know Kate was a cat lady. I don't hang out on this thread much, but knowing she loves cats makes me love her more!

apparently
Reactions: 7

Post by apparently »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nailed it 🎯

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 15:42
This old video appeared on my recommended videos page on youtube. I had never seen it before and I didn't know Kate was a cat lady. I don't hang out on this thread much, but knowing she loves cats makes me love her more!
Ha, yes she's a major cat lady! Its one of the few things about her home life she's happy to discuss at length 😆 Her sister is too - love her two kittens, they have their own insta account.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kate will be in just a couple of sketches & you'll still have some complaining about it being 'the Kate show' & 'she always has to be center of attention' while others like Pete can dominate the ep & that's fine. :yawn:

RE her departure, if Kate was leaving after next week's episode wouldn't we have heard by now? Unless she really is going to just announce it after she's done to avoid fuss...

Colin had implied pre-covid he was leaving after the election but later clarified that he'd thought about it but considering the current climate it perhaps wasn't a good idea to leave in the middle of a pandemic when jobs are short. Kate's got projects lined up but it's afterwards that may cause her worry & she's always talked about her fear of being unemployed. I highly doubt she would be but things are incredibly uncertain right now & who knows for how long.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
Yesterday, I got this video on my recommended list, too! I wonder if it's the L content or the cat content of the videos that I've been watching that triggered that recommendation. :hmmm:

Granny Mush
Reactions: 5

Post by Granny Mush »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 12:30
RE her departure, if Kate was leaving after next week's episode wouldn't we have heard by now? Unless she really is going to just announce it after she's done to avoid fuss...

Colin had implied pre-covid he was leaving after the election but later clarified that he'd thought about it but considering the current climate it perhaps wasn't a good idea to leave in the middle of a pandemic when jobs are short. Kate's got projects lined up but it's afterwards that may cause her worry & she's always talked about her fear of being unemployed. I highly doubt she would be but things are incredibly uncertain right now & who knows for how long.
I don't think she is leaving. I think she might just be dipping in and out of the season like Aidy, Cecily and Kenan have and other cast members potentially will to film other stuff. I mean, I could be wrong but the fact that all the other long running cast members are missing episodes this season and no-one is assuming their departure is a sure and certain thing makes me think Kate's isn't either. When at the start of the season tons of people assumed she's be leaving during the season or that this would be her last I just kept thinking that that would be really stupid timing for the very reason you just said. It's a job that Lorne has already indicated is her's for as long as she wants it. It's sure and steady employment at a time of massive uncertainty in the industry. If I was her I would be going absolutely no-where right now. I'd be clinging onto that job for all I was able!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hoping Kate is in a lot more sketches on Saturday. Especially because Kristen Wiig is hosting. Would be disappointing if not.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 03:07
guest wrote:
Ha, yes she's a major cat lady! Its one of the few things about her home life she's happy to discuss at length 😆 Her sister is too - love her two kittens, they have their own insta account.
What's the kittens insta account?

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 14:53
guest wrote:
Yesterday, I got this video on my recommended list, too! I wonder if it's the L content or the cat content of the videos that I've been watching that triggered that recommendation. :hmmm:
For me, I think it's because I do enjoy cat videos and I do also sometimes watch snl videos on youtube since I don't watch it when it airs live.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fauci was asked whether he preferred Brad or Kate's impersonation & he loved Kate's! Called her an amazing actress & she had him cracking up 😂

holtzylover

Post by holtzylover »

Guest wrote:
14 Dec 2020, 17:04
Fauci was asked whether he preferred Brad or Kate's impersonation & he loved Kate's! Called her an amazing actress & she had him cracking up 😂
clip was posted

2 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

holtzylover wrote:
14 Dec 2020, 19:55
Guest wrote:
14 Dec 2020, 17:04
clip was posted

Thank you!

JAWS
Reactions:

Post by JAWS »

Guest wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 13:21
Guest wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 06:04
Guest wrote:

I would agree that it’s just a symbol of being in a relationship and has no other meaning. She doesn’t always wear it. Just speaking from my own experience, my gf and i wear a ring too, but we aren’t engaged or married. It’s just a symbol of our commitment to each other.
Maybe the ring is fake like her spectacles. ;-)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
14 Dec 2020, 03:10
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
@simon.and.ruthie

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
14 Dec 2020, 03:13
Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 14:53
guest wrote:
For me, I think it's because I do enjoy cat videos and I do also sometimes watch snl videos on youtube since I don't watch it when it airs live.
I'm the SA who wrote "Yesterday, I got this video on my recommended list, too! I wonder if it's the L content or the cat content of the videos that I've been watching that triggered that recommendation. :hmmm: "
Ah, yes, I watch SNL videos, too! I'd forgotten that until I read your comment. Yes, I'd say that all three things -- cat videos, L videos, and SNL videos -- probably triggered my getting that recommendation for this video.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

What are L videos? Lesbian videos?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
14 Dec 2020, 03:10
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Simon and ruthie

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope we get some quality Kate & Kristen sketches this week!

apparently

Post by apparently »

New promo featuring Kate and K. Wiig!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love them.

Reddit seems convinced this is Kate's last show. Personally I think we would have heard about it unless she really doesn't want a fuss but I think she'll miss the first half of 2021 while filming like Cecily/Aidy/Kenan & be back for the rest of the season. Fingers crossed anyway!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 04:45
I love them.

Reddit seems convinced this is Kate's last show. Personally I think we would have heard about it unless she really doesn't want a fuss but I think she'll miss the first half of 2021 while filming like Cecily/Aidy/Kenan & be back for the rest of the season. Fingers crossed anyway!
Although her joining Kristen & Maya has me wary.

How gorgeous is she in red though? QUEENS, all three of them!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 04:51
Guest wrote:
I love them.

I’ll admit, i was worried too after she was in the cold open, monologue, and first sketch.

I feel better now bc that definitely wasn’t a kate showcase episode. I think she’ll miss a probably the Jan and feb episodes and be back to finish it out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That sure is a shiny ring she keeps wearing on her ring finger 😉 I wonder when she’ll tell everyone her news

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:angel:
Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 06:19
That sure is a shiny ring she keeps wearing on her ring finger 😉 I wonder when she’ll tell everyone her news
Probably as soon as she announces she’s leaving snl,
😂, she didn’t even have it on this week or last week.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 06:09
Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 04:51
Guest wrote:
I love them.

I’ll admit, i was worried too after she was in the cold open, monologue, and first sketch.

I feel better now bc that definitely wasn’t a kate showcase episode. I think she’ll miss a probably the Jan and feb episodes and be back to finish it out.
I think its safe to say that was not her goodbye episode so unless there's a sudden announcement in the next few days/Jan, she'll be back for the rest of the season after filming.

Yeah, that monologue with her singing alongside Kristen & Maya & how she rested her head on Kristen's shoulder really made me think the rumours were true for a minute! 😂

Disappointed we didn't get more sketches of them though. They're definitely starting to bring out the newbies more - considering the size of the cast, I suppose they need to start proving themselves if they want to be kept on. And where's Cecily gone? She returned from her project 2 weeks ago, disappeared from the goodbyes last week & was completely absent this week. So pleased for Alex that he bagged Biden.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 06:32
Guest wrote:
This week during the good nights she did... kinda hard to miss it.. it’s shiny lol More often than not she wears it

apparently

Post by apparently »

Why does everyone keep thinking Kate’s leaving SNL 😄 She is not a typical cast member where you can maybe expect 7 seasons but only ever a few more after that. She’s not found a niche anywhere else like SNL. But that’s OK- because sketch comedy is exactly what she WANTS to be doing. Shit, Lorne loves her & would probably have her forever if he could 😂 I expect her to parallel Kenan in terms of longevity. Just my 2 cents..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know this isn't the most loveliest thing to say and I LOVE Kristen Wiig don't get me wrong but was it me or was her face different last night? Did she get botox? I'm so used to seeing her crazy facial expressions that last night her face just seemed different and... Stiff?

Also I'm betting that it could be Kate's last season either this year or next. They're using the OG cast a lot less now. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them decide to leave. It's a big cast after all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 12:05
I know this isn't the most loveliest thing to say and I LOVE Kristen Wiig don't get me wrong but was it me or was her face different last night? Did she get botox? I'm so used to seeing her crazy facial expressions that last night her face just seemed different and... Stiff?

Also I'm betting that it could be Kate's last season either this year or next. They're using the OG cast a lot less now. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them decide to leave. It's a big cast after all.
Sorry what I meant to say was *either this season or next

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 12:05

Botox and lip fillers for sure. She looks good though so I'm into it lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

apparently wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 11:34
Why does everyone keep thinking Kate’s leaving SNL 😄 She is not a typical cast member where you can maybe expect 7 seasons but only ever a few more after that. She’s not found a niche anywhere else like SNL. But that’s OK- because sketch comedy is exactly what she WANTS to be doing. Shit, Lorne loves her & would probably have her forever if he could 😂 I expect her to parallel Kenan in terms of longevity. Just my 2 cents..
HA a combo - past few years she's been renewing her contract on a yearly basis then Covid hit this latest & people guessed she'd carry over to mid-season & go. Then there's Lorne saying she was back for the election eps which lead to more speculation on a mid-season exit...

Add speculation that Lorne is prepping, hence the huge cast, for a mass exodus after this season with Kate, Aidy, Cecily, Colin, Michael, Beck, Kyle & Pete leaving. I mean that is a lot to be leaving at once! Colin seemed a definite but has now played that down since Covid.

And then it comes down to just plain old misogyny for me. Some, esp Reddit, seem to think Kate hogs the attention & needs to leave to give the others airtime - something they don't insist on any of the men doing. Same story whenever a female comedian gets a lot of attention. Happened to Kristen. Leslie. They're starting to turn on Maya now & that's after demanding her return a few months back! The only women they have time for at the moment is Melissa or Chloe because they're less at the forefront & where they prefer women if you ask me! 🤷‍♀️

Imo, SNL is Kate's dream job so why should she have to leave to appease these miseries if she continues to enjoy it & Lorne is happy for her to remain there as long as she wants?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 00:17
apparently wrote:
HA a combo - past few years she's been renewing her contract on a yearly basis then Covid hit this latest & people guessed she'd carry over to mid-season & go. Then there's Lorne saying she was back for the election eps which lead to more speculation on a mid-season exit...

Add speculation that Lorne is prepping, hence the huge cast, for a mass exodus after this season with Kate, Aidy, Cecily, Colin, Michael, Beck, Kyle & Pete leaving. I mean that is a lot to be leaving at once! Colin seemed a definite but has now played that down since Covid.

And then it comes down to just plain old misogyny for me. Some, esp Reddit, seem to think Kate hogs the attention & needs to leave to give the others airtime - something they don't insist on any of the men doing. Same story whenever a female comedian gets a lot of attention. Happened to Kristen. Leslie. They're starting to turn on Maya now & that's after demanding her return a few months back! The only women they have time for at the moment is Melissa or Chloe because they're less at the forefront & where they prefer women if you ask me! 🤷‍♀️

Imo, SNL is Kate's dream job so why should she have to leave to appease these miseries if she continues to enjoy it & Lorne is happy for her to remain there as long as she wants?
I think also her staying alittle longer than normal might be because of her steady relationship with Alison who also works at SNL... why would she leave to film movies around the world when she can keep her dream job and see her lady every day? I feel like as she’s getting older she’s slowing down and wanting more security.. I donno since covid I feel her vibe and energy is really mellowed out and slowed down and that could be because of a mix of things... getting older.. having a steady partner , maybe since she’s won her emmys she feels she’s achieved everything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 04:48
Guest wrote:
apparently wrote:

I think also her staying alittle longer than normal might be because of her steady relationship with Alison who also works at SNL... why would she leave to film movies around the world when she can keep her dream job and see her lady every day? I feel like as she’s getting older she’s slowing down and wanting more security.. I donno since covid I feel her vibe and energy is really mellowed out and slowed down and that could be because of a mix of things... getting older.. having a steady partner , maybe since she’s won her emmys she feels she’s achieved everything.
I don't blame her. This year has been a blur for everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if her motivation has dropped as well. I think her energy we've all fallen in love with is still there it's just tucked away right now.
Side note I'm so happy for her new relationship. I hope they're doing well and that she's the one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 08:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't blame her. This year has been a blur for everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if her motivation has dropped as well. I think her energy we've all fallen in love with is still there it's just tucked away right now.
Side note I'm so happy for her new relationship. I hope they're doing well and that she's the one.
Yes, she's seemed a lot quieter this past year. Obv Covid is a factor & I like how she's been discussing the impact on her mental health through Wenowdis. I wonder if it's also because Aidy, Cecily (and Leslie to an extent) have been absent & she's much closer to them than the newer members. Bowen, Ego, Heidi, Chloe & occasionally Melissa are really excitable & all over each other on IG while the veteran rep players who are barely on social media seem to stand back.

Kate looked more in the thick of the goodnights this week like she used to be though. Alex had his arm around her & once she got to Kristen, they hugged pretty much to the end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder/hope Kate and Emily will get to spend Xmas with their family this year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
This week during the good nights she did... kinda hard to miss it.. it’s shiny lol More often than not she wears it
If the ring and what it represents is so important to her then she'd wear it consistently, in Emily's latest instagram post she doesn't seem to be wearing it. Can't be that important to her if she isn't wearing it in such a personal setting as that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 15:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If the ring and what it represents is so important to her then she'd wear it consistently, in Emily's latest instagram post she doesn't seem to be wearing it. Can't be that important to her if she isn't wearing it in such a personal setting as that.

That video was taken last year lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 16:32
Guest wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 15:50
Guest wrote:

That was last Christmas lol...she started wearing the ring after last Christmas....it doesn’t look like she spent Christmas with Emily and her mom this year. Maybe she went to be with Alisons family in Boston who knows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

[quote=Guest post_id=2934406 time=1608918238]
[quote=Guest post_id=2934099 time=1608913955]
[quote=Guest post_id=2933988 time=1608911455]

[/quote]
[/quote]

That was last Christmas lol...she started wearing the ring after last Christmas....it doesn’t look like she spent Christmas with Emily and her mom this year. Maybe she went to be with Alisons family in Boston who knows.
[/quote]

Sorry but y'all need to stop with the details. Weird already that you know where Alison's family are let alone exploiting it over a chat forum.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 22:20
Guest wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 17:43
Guest wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 16:32
Sorry but y'all need to stop with the details. Weird already that you know where Alison's family are let alone exploiting it over a chat forum.

Exploiting how? It’s common knowledge that Alison is from Boston...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 23:39
Guest wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 22:20
Guest wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 17:43

Exploiting how? It’s common knowledge that Alison is from Boston...
Well I personally did not know she is from Boston so I guess it's only common knowledge after one does their stalking lol.

apparently

Post by apparently »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
apparently wrote:

Her career is independent of romantic relationships, from what I’ve observed she seems extremely professional in that regard. But I’m sure it’s an awesome perk to work with her significant other.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think Kate might have sold her apartment..on a behind the scenes SNL photo of her arm bumping Tim chalamet she was wearing a Shafer Mchale team shirt. They are a real estate team here in New York. Maybe her and Alison bought a apartment/house together?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 18:07
I think Kate might have sold her apartment..on a behind the scenes SNL photo of her arm bumping Tim chalamet she was wearing a Shafer Mchale team shirt. They are a real estate team here in New York. Maybe her and Alison bought a apartment/house together?
OR and I’m just spitballing here, that’s the real estate team that sold her the apartment she currently lives in. :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 19:59
Guest wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 18:07
OR and I’m just spitballing here, that’s the real estate team that sold her the apartment she currently lives in. :hmmm:
That sold her her apartment ... 5 years ago? Why would she be wearing a shirt from a real estate team 5 years ago?