"Pants" -- new podcast from Leisha Hailey & Kate Moennig

Reactions:

Re: "Pants" -- new podcast from Leisha Hailey & Kate Moennig

Post by Guest »

Soso wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 18:22
Is there a podcast this Wednesday?
Today's cast was the highlight of our week. We laughed so hard!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 21:25
Uuu wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 21:05
Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 19:43

IDK, but do not think Kate is very happy. I mean, she said many times that Leisha is the 1st person she talks to every morning. Putting a friend before your wife is not a good sign EVER.
Right. Many people have said that Kate does not like her wife and she married her in order to help her get the green card, but it is said that Anna is very jealous and she does not want Kate to talk to anyone else.
Jealous fangirls say lots of things. Meanwhile Kate and Ana are together for almost 5 years.
X2. One of things I don't miss about the OG L Word is the crazy fangirls that used to talk shit about every relationship Kate had and are clearly still here doing it. I think Leisha is still with Kim but likes to keep it private for whatever reason. I wouldn't be surprised if she also had some bad run ins with fangirls. They all did. Even the straights had people claiming they were gay.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 21:45
Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 21:36
Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 21:27

Shes not single, she mentioned a girlfriend in the podcast.
:hmmm: she's not talked about a current girlfriend. She said something about a old girlfriend back when l word was on. She doesn't have pictures of a girlfriend on instagram since she was wirh her bandmate Camila.
In one of the episodes she did mention a current girlfriend.. You were probably not listening carefully enough.
Leisha's girlfriend is in the closet, in Narnia. But she is wants heterosexual parts in movies and tv.

apparently
Reactions: 7

Post by apparently »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 21:06
Guest wrote:
Bob wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 16:23
Do you. Kate and her wife have separated or not
IDK, but do not think Kate is very happy. I mean, she said many times that Leisha is the 1st person she talks to every morning. Putting a friend before your wife is not a good sign EVER.
Maybe Leisha and Kate got a lil sumpin going on. Cause I think its weird they call each other every am but Leisha never said she has a gf on podcast. Not once has she said Kim's name, Kate least talks about Ana. Weird Leisha don't Kim. Kate and Leisha be cute together.
I wondered about them ending up together too, years ago. But after all this time I assume if that was ever going to happen it would have by now. Close friends who are both attractive lesbians, who start dating? LOL I mean yes, that’s how a lot of us ended up in relationships so it’s not so far fetched an idea.

From how they interact on the podcast, I personally get a platonic/close friends vibe between them and that’s it. They talk in that best-friends kind of way where you sometimes are annoyed by each other, give each other shit etc. but not in a flirtatious manner. Their dynamic doesn’t feel romantic to me.

Curious to hear what other people think about this? Am I not picking up on some obvious sexual chemistry? lol.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Nah I don't think they're together or want to be, I don't get that vibe. It's more old married lesbian friend vibes. What I will say is I think Leisha maybe had a crush in the beginning when they first met but I think it's remained at that, at most. I would be curios to know who had hooked up/had a thing on the show though!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

apparently wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 09:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Maybe Leisha and Kate got a lil sumpin going on. Cause I think its weird they call each other every am but Leisha never said she has a gf on podcast. Not once has she said Kim's name, Kate least talks about Ana. Weird Leisha don't Kim. Kate and Leisha be cute together.
I wondered about them ending up together too, years ago. But after all this time I assume if that was ever going to happen it would have by now. Close friends who are both attractive lesbians, who start dating? LOL I mean yes, that’s how a lot of us ended up in relationships so it’s not so far fetched an idea.

From how they interact on the podcast, I personally get a platonic/close friends vibe between them and that’s it. They talk in that best-friends kind of way where you sometimes are annoyed by each other, give each other shit etc. but not in a flirtatious manner. Their dynamic doesn’t feel romantic to me.

Curious to hear what other people think about this? Am I not picking up on some obvious sexual chemistry? lol.
Idk, Leisha probably doesn't find her personality attractive in that way, like she joked about Kate how you would have to watch 8 h of Beverly Hills and no talking if you went out on a date with Kate. Kate is just so not romantic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

apparently wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 09:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

:lol: no! I think about them the way I think about Jenny and Shane, no! :lol: Leisha does not look like some one who Kate would be interested in romantically at all. On podcast, Leisha said she is a people pleaser and it matters to her what others think of her. She said she goes out of her way to please them, cause their opinion is important. Kate spoke up and told her that she cannot live likr this, sacrificing her oen happiness :wub: to please others because she would wear herself out. 2 different.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 10:53
Nah I don't think they're together or want to be, I don't get that vibe. It's more old married lesbian friend vibes. What I will say is I think Leisha maybe had a crush in the beginning when they first met but I think it's remained at that, at most. I would be curios to know who had hooked up/had a thing on the show though!
Your not the only one who said LH had a crush at one time on KM. Someone even told me there is a hint of this former crush on an old video question series KM and LH did. Was there a video?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just listened to Pants with Laurel Holloman. It was funny how Leisha got mad at how the Gen Q was scripted by saying "Tina used to sleep on my couch when she and Bett broke up and now I did not even get to see her when she is finally back in town"...

It says a lot about how the Gen Q show is being run... I feel sorry for Kate and Leisha but also for myself as I found GenQ to be the biggest cr*p of all times and I dont think the next season is going to be any better

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 22:23
Just listened to Pants with Laurel Holloman. It was funny how Leisha got mad at how the Gen Q was scripted by saying "Tina used to sleep on my couch when she and Bett broke up and now I did not even get to see her when she is finally back in town"...

It says a lot about how the Gen Q show is being run... I feel sorry for Kate and Leisha but also for myself as I found GenQ to be the biggest cr*p of all times and I dont think the next season is going to be any better
Yeah, I get the impression that Kate and Leisha hate Gen Q just the same as viewers do.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 22:23

Too many queertards write/run this show now who didn't even like the OG because it was "offensive" to them. :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Uuu wrote:
Guest wrote:

Right. Many people have said that Kate does not like her wife and she married her in order to help her get the green card, but it is said that Anna is very jealous and she does not want Kate to talk to anyone else.
Jealous fangirls say lots of things. Meanwhile Kate and Ana are together for almost 5 years.
Kate and Holly Miranda were also together for 5 years... and then Holly threw her wedding ring off a mountain a wrote a song. Marriages end sometimes

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Dec 2020, 01:19
guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 10:53
Your not the only one who said LH had a crush at one time on KM. Someone even told me there is a hint of this former crush on an old video question series KM and LH did. Was there a video?
I've watched tons of videos of them over the years but one that sticks out as LH having a slight crush (just my opinion) is when they're in a hotel room and playfighting. I think the vid is on YT or someone else here will know, nothing concrete, just a vibe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 23:00
Guest wrote:
Uuu wrote:

Kate and Holly Miranda were also together for 5 years... and then Holly threw her wedding ring off a mountain a wrote a song. Marriages end sometimes
Da. Fan girls will say what they want. Kate and her wife are together and for what she said about 5 years now. I read in Holly Miranda's thread, Leisha Hailey was to blame for Holly's split with Kate. Mentioned there how LH hated HM and said HM was using KM. People will say what they want.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Uuu wrote:

I don't think they were married, at least no officially. Kate speaks like with Ana it's her first marriage.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 23:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't think they were married, at least no officially. Kate speaks like with Ana it's her first marriage.
No, Kate said on Rupaul, when she and Ana married, was her 1st marriage.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New pants pod out tomorrow :heart: Last one until after New Year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 23:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Holly calls her “my ex wife” to this day 🤷‍♀️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 23:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

same sex marriage was not legal back then, probably had the equivalent to that
both wore matching wedding rings on their wedding ring fingers

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 23:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da. IDK, Kate said in interview she was married one time and to Ana. Stuff gets said by fan girls out of jealousy and spiteful feelings, happens all the time. Over time stuff will get mixed-up up and stretched. Kate and Ana said on Rupaul they've been married almost 5 years. Enough time has passed since Kate was with ex-girlfriend, that's why ex's are called ex's.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 00:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da. IDK, Kate said in interview she was married one time and to Ana. Stuff gets said by fan girls out of jealousy and spiteful feelings, happens all the time. Over time stuff will get mixed-up up and stretched. Kate and Ana said on Rupaul they've been married almost 5 years. Enough time has passed since Kate was with ex-girlfriend, that's why ex's are called ex's.
It’s not “stuff gets said by fan girls” it’s stuff that is said by her ex, multiple times, over the years, on the record. Kate also said in this interview that she never though about marriage before Ana yet she had matching rings with the ex... my advice: don’t take anything she says for granted. What did you expect her to say? “Yeah, I was married before and it didn’t work out but Ana needed the green card”? Come on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 00:40
Guest wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 00:13
Guest wrote:

It’s not “stuff gets said by fan girls” it’s stuff that is said by her ex, multiple times, over the years, on the record. Kate also said in this interview that she never though about marriage before Ana yet she had matching rings with the ex... my advice: don’t take anything she says for granted. What did you expect her to say? “Yeah, I was married before and it didn’t work out but Ana needed the green card”? Come on.
lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love Leisha and Kate's friendship. How she reacted on Kate in the latest trailer of the last episode. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 00:58
I love Leisha and Kate's friendship. How she reacted on Kate in the latest trailer of the last episode. :rofl:
"I'm not makiing you feel bad Leisha. I've been sitting here watching you while you futz :lol: around with that backdrop for the last 10 minutes" :rofl: I love Kate and her lack of Capicorn patience! :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Leish is futzing about because she is 3 sheets to the wind! Lol Lady has been hitting the bottle which explains why Kate is getting impatient 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:lol: we thought she might be. Want Kate's catcch phrase on a T, "ENOUGH FUTZING AROUND".

apparently

Post by apparently »

So I am just now halfway through the laurel holloman episode. I’d never really heard her do interviews or anything before, damn! She’s so sweet, down to earth & relaxed. Honestly one of my favorites on PANTS so far.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So I listened to the Mia Kirschner and Sarah Shahi interview episodes to test out the podcast and was a bit....underwhelmed. There’s actually not much L Word talk in these episodes so far, and a lot of inside joke banter that isn’t really that entertaining to people who don’t know them personally (and weren’t on set to relive these memories).

The funniest part so far was Sarah Shahi talking about her mullet for the L Word.

Otherwise, I could take it or leave it. I was really expecting more L Word talk based on the comments on here but it’s sort of like 10-15 minutes of banter about current life and/or random stuff, 10 minutes of chat about the L Word (including some inside jokes that may not make sense to listeners), and several minutes of very sudden commercials with no warning.

The production needs a bit of work and it’s be nice to have more interesting tidbits from the L Word in those interviews. No offense to Rachel Shelley! Loved her on the L Word.

apparently

Post by apparently »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 05:14
So I listened to the Mia Kirschner and Sarah Shahi interview episodes to test out the podcast and was a bit....underwhelmed. There’s actually not much L Word talk in these episodes so far, and a lot of inside joke banter that isn’t really that entertaining to people who don’t know them personally (and weren’t on set to relive these memories).

The funniest part so far was Sarah Shahi talking about her mullet for the L Word.

Otherwise, I could take it or leave it. I was really expecting more L Word talk based on the comments on here but it’s sort of like 10-15 minutes of banter about current life and/or random stuff, 10 minutes of chat about the L Word (including some inside jokes that may not make sense to listeners), and several minutes of very sudden commercials with no warning.

The production needs a bit of work and it’s be nice to have more interesting tidbits from the L Word in those interviews. No offense to Rachel Shelley! Loved her on the L Word.
Try the episodes with Erin Daniels, Jennifer Beals, Ilene Chaiken or Laurel Holloman. All of those go into the l word days. My personal favorite is the one w Erin Daniels though. She’s hilarious & shares a few interesting things about playing Dana.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Because it's not an L Word podcast. Some of you are really confused.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Folks they plan to have the newbies on individually in 2021. :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 11:34
Guest wrote:

I thought they made it pretty clear. I think there must be some crusty old die hard L Word fans who think every thing has to be attached to L Word. Lol

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:

Rachel Shelley does not lead a conversation or define topics. She just gave the idea and is doing a montage of Kate and Leisha's conversations with their guests. She is more responsible for the technical quality than the meaning of the conversation. This should be fixed by Keith and Leisha, just address the L-word more and invite more people associated with the L-word. Not only actors, but others as well. It was the L-word that made Kate and Leisha so popular and most people including me would like them to talk more about the L-word.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 12:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I thought they made it pretty clear. I think there must be some crusty old die hard L Word fans who think every thing has to be attached to L Word. Lol
Then this podcast is probably only for Kate and Leisha’s friends in real life and diehard Leisha/Kate fans. There just isn’t structure in place for something more entertaining to a wider audience of L Word fans. Which is fine, but then they need a gimmick—such as reviewing LGBT movies and shows, for example. A wider audience would probably love it if they spin it into reviews.

The way earlier posters described it, it sounded like there was a lot of L Word talk.

As far as the production, in one of the episodes Kate sounded like she was sitting in the back of a room (with echoes) and was quieter and harder to hear than Leisha and the guest, so I’d suggest more tweaks to setup and audio.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 20:15
Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 12:33
Guest wrote:

Then this podcast is probably only for Kate and Leisha’s friends in real life and diehard Leisha/Kate fans. There just isn’t structure in place for something more entertaining to a wider audience of L Word fans. Which is fine, but then they need a gimmick—such as reviewing LGBT movies and shows, for example. A wider audience would probably love it if they spin it into reviews.

The way earlier posters described it, it sounded like there was a lot of L Word talk.

As far as the production, in one of the episodes Kate sounded like she was sitting in the back of a room (with echoes) and was quieter and harder to hear than Leisha and the guest, so I’d suggest more tweaks to setup and audio.
:lol: you still missed what their purpose is. Start with their first episode since your expectations are way off base.
Kate, Leisha and Shelly are having fun with pants at moment due to covid but no real big plans for it.
From Advocate about episode 1, In terms of the frequency of PANTS moving forward, Moennig and Hailey are very laid-back. “This is such a weird time, and there are no rules. So let’s not put any rules on ourselves. Let’s play it by ear and see how it goes,” Moennig says. “Anybody who’s listening, hopefully, they enjoy it. If they don’t, we’ll scrap it and say, 'fuck it.' But if they like it we’ll keep going.”
Pants is surprisingly one of top rated podcasts at moment. Sure it comes as a surprise to Kate, Leisha, and Shelly to but they are not acting under disillusionment their podcast will keep going forever or every person will listen.

Weee
Reactions:

Post by Weee »

Why isn't there a podcast this week?

Quest
Reactions:

Post by Quest »

Weee wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 23:50
Why isn't there a podcast this week?
said they'd be back after new year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kate gets hotter than fuck every year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So I listened to all of the L Word cast interviews and Jennifer Beals was the best by far. She’s actually really funny without meaning to be—very philosophical and meta about everything, very much the way a heavy meditator would see things from a somewhat detached view, but in an entertaining way. Her laugh was great.

The others weren’t as interesting in my opinion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 03:16
x10. :heart: :wub:

apparently

Post by apparently »

Anyone caught the new episode? Really enjoyed it, as well as last weeks about astrology. On today’s ep they spent the whole time reading/answering write-in questions from listeners.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

apparently wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 06:32
Anyone caught the new episode? Really enjoyed it, as well as last weeks about astrology. On today’s ep they spent the whole time reading/answering write-in questions from listeners.
I am not English speaking. can you tell me which questions and answers were the most interesting?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 23:34
Guest wrote:
x20. :heart: Idc if she's married! Her face! Her voice! :gaypimp: :hudoin: Play podcast at bedtime to hear her voice in my bed :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 22:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
x20. :heart: Idc if she's married! Her face! Her voice! :gaypimp: :hudoin: Play podcast at bedtime to hear her voice in my bed :lol:
I wouldn't call her type my type anymore but my Shane crush will never go away. I still have magazine cut outs of her from way back when!

apparently

Post by apparently »

guest wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 18:43
apparently wrote:
I am not English speaking. can you tell me which questions and answers were the most interesting?
Well, we learned that Kate has a beef with raw tomatoes 🍅 apparently she won’t eat them.

We also learned that Kate and leisha don’t think of themselves as famous (reflexively eye-rolled @this so hard 😅)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

apparently wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 08:38
guest wrote:
apparently wrote:
Well, we learned that Kate has a beef with raw tomatoes 🍅 apparently she won’t eat them.

We also learned that Kate and leisha don’t think of themselves as famous (reflexively eye-rolled @this so hard 😅)
Hahah I'm X10 anon admirer from above and I bite/eat them like apples. :handbags:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 09:00
apparently wrote:
guest wrote:

Hahah I'm X10 anon admirer from above and I bite/eat them like apples. :handbags:
I love sweet raw tomatoes!

Reactions:

Post by guest »

apparently wrote:
guest wrote:
apparently wrote:

Was that the most interesting thing in 30 minutes?) Any questions about L-Word or about the reboot?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 05:24
Guest wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 22:37
Guest wrote:

I wouldn't call her type my type anymore but my Shane crush will never go away. I still have magazine cut outs of her from way back when!
Exact opposite :lol: I never got the Shane hype before. Now I love her and I love Kaye thanks to pants! :heart: :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 18:12
apparently wrote:
guest wrote:

Was that the most interesting thing in 30 minutes?) Any questions about L-Word or about the reboot?
No reboot news. Thing I find most interesting throughout the episodes, Leisha loves Kate's life quotes and she gets defensive when people say Kate's name wrong too :wub: