Why are lesbians so broke?

Reactions:

Why are lesbians so broke?

Post by Guest »

Title. I don’t even make that much ($85K) and I can’t find anyone to date in my income bracket. I’m tired of dating chicks with no money. :nails:

Reactions:

Re: Why are lesbians so broke?

Post by Guest »

maybe the lesbians in your income bracket don't find you attractive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 04:19
maybe the lesbians in your income bracket don't find you attractive.
Yeah maybe but would I know? I’ve yet to meet one. :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We spend too much money on our cats. Sorry, you are not and will never be in the same "bracket" as cats.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Years ago I read an article about how lesbians are more likely to be low income, overweight, and underachievers. Wish I knew where to dig it up.

My life experience has actually been the opposite. All the lesbians I know are overachievers and pretty well off.

Maybe you’re traveling the wrong circles?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 04:33
Years ago I read an article about how lesbians are more likely to be low income, overweight, and underachievers. Wish I knew where to dig it up.

My life experience has actually been the opposite. All the lesbians I know are overachievers and pretty well off.

This has been my experience. Even the bi woman I know are like this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

All my friends are lesbians, went to university, have great jobs and some own their own businesses. I think OP needs to widen her friend circle or think about a new career.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 04:42
Guest wrote:

All my friends are lesbians, went to university, have great jobs and some own their own businesses. I think OP needs to widen her friend circle or think about a new career.
TBH I don’t have any lesbian friends.

Not sure why you think I need a new career. I make as much as I’d want my partner to make. OP

Shelby
Veteran
Reactions: 172

Post by Shelby »

We have to deal with both sexism and homophobia. Neither are helpful for finding a high-paying job.
My pronouns are Cash/App and Venmo/me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not my experience at all. I work in tech and my ex was a lawyer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why are so many threads lately a question? <_<
Is some dude studying lesbians?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I feel like these negative questions aimed at "lesbians" sound like they aren't created by a lesbian at all. Lesbians statistically make more than straight women. Feel free to google it. I make six figures and I think a lot of lesbians do well for themselves.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shelby wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 04:50
We have to deal with both sexism and homophobia. Neither are helpful for finding a high-paying job.
Not denying the existence of sexism and homophobia but no. This is not about lesbians in already high-paying professions unable to move to the top as other men with the "same" qualifications.

"Broke". Bad life choice after life choice. Shit majors. Hanging out in shit jobs, shitty friends and such establishments. Throwing money on low quality things. No or barely successful effort for bettering oneself from the early ages.

Like many other posters, my experience has been the opposite, but that's just because I only hang out with my own social circle. But I know that such lesbians < broke lesbians + low income lesbians + lesbians with barely any saving.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t mind threads like this if they help the board become more active. Also, if the thread title doesn’t interest me, it’s not that hard to scroll.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 05:16
Shelby wrote:
Not denying the existence of sexism and homophobia but no. This is not about lesbians in already high-paying professions unable to move to the top as other men with the "same" qualifications.

"Broke". Bad life choice after life choice. Shit majors. Hanging out in shit jobs, shitty friends and such establishments. Throwing money on low quality things. No or barely successful effort for bettering oneself from the early ages.

Like many other posters, my experience has been the opposite, but that's just because I only hang out with my own social circle. But I know that such lesbians < broke lesbians + low income lesbians + lesbians with barely any saving.
da yeah I know a ton of gay women with arts degrees that are coming up 30 and still work retail/service.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 05:10
All this "Why..." threads that has been opened in the last days probably have been made by the same dude

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 05:35
Guest wrote:
All this "Why..." threads that has been opened in the last days probably have been made by the same dude
Da. It totally sounds like a dude made them though I don't mind the threads other than finding the OP posts funny. If it is a dude what happened to him? His GF leave him for a lesbian or something?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

sorry for being broke. :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I’m OP. I’m a goldstar lesbian and have been posting here since day one. I’ve also had the unfortunate experience of only dating women who make way less money than me.

This shit is why lesbians don’t want to make threads that aren’t about tv shows and celebrities on l chat. Someone makes a thread about something they experience in their lives and you call them men. :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Shelby wrote:

Da. I do know of some low income lesbians who got stuck in retail jobs. I think this is a very birds of a feather type of thread.

The high income lesbians mostly know other high income lesbians, while low income lesbians are more likely to know other low income lesbians. That being said I don't think there are proportionally more lesbians that are low income compared to other demographics. It's just another one of those ideas that gets floated around by straight people or gay men because of their own prejudices.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fuck I hate people who care so much about money. Automatically judging people based on their income bracket is a dickish move.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 05:43
Fuck I hate people who care so much about money. Automatically judging people based on their income bracket is a dickish move.
I mean I feel the same way. But it's better that op is honest. Differences around money can be a big factor in divorces.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Shelby wrote:

Da. I do know of some low income lesbians who got stuck in retail jobs. I think this is a very birds of a feather type of thread.

The high income lesbians mostly know other high income lesbians, while low income lesbians are more likely to know other low income lesbians. That being said I don't think there are proportionally more lesbians that are low income compared to other demographics. It's just another one of those ideas that gets floated around by straight people or gay men because of their own prejudices.
DA this is probably true, but when someone doesn’t have a lesbian social circle and relies on apps like tinder and hinge for dates, you kind of get what you get, regardless of your income level.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 05:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I’m OP. I’m a goldstar lesbian and have been posting here since day one. I’ve also had the unfortunate experience of only dating women who make way less money than me.

This shit is why lesbians don’t want to make threads that aren’t about tv shows and celebrities on l chat. Someone makes a thread about something they experience in their lives and you call them men. :fool:
DA. "Age? Location? Occupation?"
Surprise, surprise: we don't come to an anon board to talk about our actual lives to random anons. We have RL friends for this. This board is entertainment only.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

OP sounds like you're just in an awkward bracket where you're rich enough that you look down on lesbians with lower incomes but you're not rich enough to move in the kind of lesbian circle you want to be in. What's your career and job?

Also your attitude would also be a turn-off for most extremely well off lesbians.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 05:45
Guest wrote:
I mean I feel the same way. But it's better that op is honest. Differences around money can be a big factor in divorces.
Money being a reason for divorce happens to people who put too much value on it for the most part. People only need enough money to take care of themselves, their family, and give back to the community in some way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Where are you from, OP?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 05:47
OP sounds like you're just in an awkward bracket where you're rich enough that you look down on lesbians with lower incomes but you're not rich enough to move in the kind of lesbian circle you want to be in. What's your career and job?

Also your attitude would also be a turn-off for most extremely well off lesbians.
OP - I don’t want to be with an extremely well-off woman. I want someone who makes as much as me. Even slightly less would be okay. I’ve just dated a string of ambition-less women who make entry-level salaries in their 30s.

I work in public education. My pay grid caps out at $110K.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Especially since all of it is based on questions that are meant to undermine your self-worth and sow concerns about what life as a lesbian is like.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 05:53
Where are you from, OP?
Canada

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 05:38
sorry for being broke. :unsure:
Don't apologize. A lot of us are doing the best we can given our individual circumstances.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 05:55
Guest wrote:

OP - I don’t want to be with an extremely well-off woman. I want someone who makes as much as me. Even slightly less would be okay. I’ve just dated a string of ambition-less women who make entry-level salaries in their 30s.

If they are supporting themselves then why do you care about the number? Also, not being rich does not mean someone has no ambition. Ambition is not definitive to getting richer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kinda sad that the OP is acting like a rich stuck up bitch with only an 85k income. That’s like solidly middle class.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 06:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If they are supporting themselves then why do you care about the number? Also, not being rich does not mean someone has no ambition. Ambition is not definitive to getting richer.
Listen, I get that I’m coming off as really materialistic, but I want a partner who can hold her own in the lifestyle I have and want to keep. I stopped doing so many things that make me happy so I could put my ex through school while paying the whole mortgage and all the bills and she just took me straight to the cleaners afterwards instead of getting a job - I had to pay her spousal support for two years. I’m really wary of women who make less than me now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 06:05
Kinda sad that the OP is acting like a rich stuck up bitch with only an 85k income. That’s like solidly middle class.
:nono: Canadian 85k.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 06:05
The OP literally says “I don’t even make that much”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 04:17
I’m tired of dating chicks with no money. :nails:
Maybe you should stop dating homeless chicks then. :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 06:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Listen, I get that I’m coming off as really materialistic, but I want a partner who can hold her own in the lifestyle I have and want to keep. I stopped doing so many things that make me happy so I could put my ex through school while paying the whole mortgage and all the bills and she just took me straight to the cleaners afterwards instead of getting a job - I had to pay her spousal support for two years. I’m really wary of women who make less than me now.
I saw a thread that was started by your ex on another forum. It was titled "why do lesbians have such bad hygiene?" and she was complaining that you smelled. She even went to the trouble of taking you to the cleaners but you still didn't get the hint so she dumped you. So there really are 2 sides to every story.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 04:42
Guest wrote:

x2

Sounds like someone who hasn't actually made an effort to mingle or travel. Middle to high income lesbians aren't actually that hard to find if you're sociable and aren't scared of making new friends. It's easy to see though why more well-adjusted and financially comfortable lesbians would distance themselves from people like OP.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 06:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I saw a thread that was started by your ex on another forum. It was titled "why do lesbians have such bad hygiene?" and she was complaining that you smelled. She even went to the trouble of taking you to the cleaners but you still didn't get the hint so she dumped you. So there really are 2 sides to every story.
These are moments when L chat never fails to deliver :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da. Seems like you learned the wrong lesson from that experience. You picked a bad partner and put yourself last for too long. Maybe she was a bad person, maybe you weren't that compatible, maybe your unhappiness caused the breakup.

Whatever the truth is you've focused on the money aspect when the more useful answers you could get from that experience is why you didn't realise sooner that you were with the wrong person, or why you didn't realise what you were doing wasn't respecting yourself.

Whatever you think now there were definitely signs that she was going to take you to cleaners and you missed those signs. If she had stayed with you and if you were both happy together the income difference wouldn't have been an issue.

Money is fungible and you've got a steady job. Stop thinking about the money you lost on that and focus on why you picked her and whether you're better at picking a partner now. That's the real problem. I hope you get what I mean.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

You "had to" pay for those things? It sounds like you got ripped off and now you're bitter for being a fool. Maybe a richer woman will do the same to you, careful.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 06:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Fuck :lolscroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tbh I don't understand why some of you seem overly upset by OP's question. OP didn't say she wanted to date a super rich lesbian or does she look down on those who earn less than she does. She just wants to date someone her own income bracket, which truthfully, majority of people do as well?

OP, there are lesbians from all walks of life and there are certainly those from your income bracket as well. You just have to widen your social circle.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who knew the l chat had so many “six figure, high femme, platinum star” lesbian lawyers waiting to come out of the wood work :rofl: you delusional trolls, love you ladies never change!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 06:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

You "had to" pay for those things? It sounds like you got ripped off and now you're bitter for being a fool. Maybe a richer woman will do the same to you, careful.
Yeah a judge said I had to. That’s a thing when you get divorced and there’s an income disparity.

Anyways, I get it. I’m being a douche. I’m going to try to make more gay friends and have an open mind about potential partners’ incomes because maybe the anon above is right and my feelings have more to do with my bad experience than money.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 06:46
Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 06:40
Guest wrote:

Yeah a judge said I had to. That’s a thing when you get divorced and there’s an income disparity.

Anyways, I get it. I’m being a douche. I’m going to try to make more gay friends and have an open mind about potential partners’ incomes because maybe the anon above is right and my feelings have more to do with my bad experience than money.
Did the judge also tell you to pay for her school and the whole mortgage? Did the judge tell you to marry someone who had no money, someone you had already chosen to change your lifestyle for? You still think your problem is dating women who earn less money than you? You're not coming off as a douche, you're coming off as naive. Like I said, a rich woman could rip you off too. You have to be smarter about how you spend your money.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 06:43
Tbh I don't understand why some of you seem overly upset by OP's question. OP didn't say she wanted to date a super rich lesbian or does she look down on those who earn less than she does. She just wants to date someone her own income bracket, which truthfully, majority of people do as well?

OP, there are lesbians from all walks of life and there are certainly those from your income bracket as well. You just have to widen your social circle.
x2
DA. Sometimes people here are the worst :handbags:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Still bitter over an ex? Has no lesbian friends, not even one? Projects negative assumptions about the rest of the population based on their own social failures? So many red flags about OP here, no wonder she attracts only low quality people and has no gay friends.

Shelby
Veteran
Reactions: 172

Post by Shelby »

Guest wrote:
Shelby wrote:

Classist victim blaming. "Poor people could be rich if they just chose to stop being poor" :eyeroll:
My pronouns are Cash/App and Venmo/me