Re: US Women's Soccer Part XVI: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 09:54
Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 09:41
Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 07:35

It's team sport. If your teammates feel like you don't trust them and like them, you have to make an effort to fix that even if it requires socialization which isn't really your thing. Broon is a pretty quiet type who keeps to herself, but it hasn't seemed to be a problem, so my guess is this is more of a Carli issue. (Her parents and Galanis gave her the same advice as Abby, btw.)

And yes, players can pick and choose who they pass to when they're on the pitch. That is literally their job. And it's a pretty common practice to pass to the better player and/or the player with the better possibility. You've even seen in recent years that Carli gets mad when the ball isn't passed to her even when the person passed to scores. She's just delusional about this sort of stuff.
Good lord, we 've seen plenty of players get mad when the ball isn't passed to them. Kerr had a damn tantrum when McCaskill didn't place the ball right at her feet.
And? The point wasn't some criticism to Carli for reacting that way, it was just pointing out she still doesn't get passed the ball and it's been like 13 years, so clearly there are reasons to not pass Carli the ball (that she disagrees with) and they can't all be "political"
DA what ? who said anything about Carli not getting passed the ball now...no player gets the ball all the time when they call for it. The only mention was when Carli brought up in her book basically being iced out by a teammate and never getting the ball from them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 09:45
Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 09:44
Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 09:22

Lloyd just wants to play football too but somehow that's bad and terrible when it's her.
Yeah, because Carli had managed to create some bad blood with her teammates and she needed to repair that with some bonding or whatever. And instead of doing that she was isolating herself. Broon never had the first issue, so she was chill to just mostly be on her own.
Which teammates?
Either Abby didn't explicitly say, or Carli didn't include it in the book. But it was the veterans on the team, and based on the timing I'd say at least Lilly, Rampone, and Boxx.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 09:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 09:44

Yeah, because Carli had managed to create some bad blood with her teammates and she needed to repair that with some bonding or whatever. And instead of doing that she was isolating herself. Broon never had the first issue, so she was chill to just mostly be on her own.
Which teammates?
Either Abby didn't explicitly say, or Carli didn't include it in the book. But it was the veterans on the team, and based on the timing I'd say at least Lilly, Rampone, and Boxx.
DA that’s not bad blood lol that’s vets not wanting to include rookies into their cliques, you were acting like she actually did something like Hope did to Scurry

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 09:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 09:26

Uh the person who I’m having the conversation with? Lol you can start a topic you care about if you’re feeling left out.
I'm the person you were having a conversation with and your reply made no sense. What was incorrect? That her teammates didn't have a problem with Broon keeping to herself mostly? Okay, feel free to site your sources on both.

And those aren't two separate conversation, they're going back to the same issue of the atmosphere of the national team. Carli's complaints were an example of that, as is the 99ers behavior. The comments are all there if you lose track, you can just reread them.
Lol no you said this wasn’t an issue about socialization it was a Carli issue as if I had a problem with her. Then I laid out the conversation in a simple two sentence wrap up, think you may be on the wrong conversation.
No, I said it was more of a Carli issue than only a socialization issue. Meaning other people on the team weren't that social and it wasn't an issue, so likely there was more to do with it that stemmed from Carli personally (her other issues or general personality). No clue how you read that and concluded I was implying you had a problem with her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Good lord, we 've seen plenty of players get mad when the ball isn't passed to them. Kerr had a damn tantrum when McCaskill didn't place the ball right at her feet.
And? The point wasn't some criticism to Carli for reacting that way, it was just pointing out she still doesn't get passed the ball and it's been like 13 years, so clearly there are reasons to not pass Carli the ball (that she disagrees with) and they can't all be "political"
DA what ? who said anything about Carli not getting passed the ball now...no player gets the ball all the time when they call for it. The only mention was when Carli brought up in her book basically being iced out by a teammate and never getting the ball from them.
Carli said something about Carli not getting passed the ball. It was part of the start of this conversation. She claimed she wasn't getting passed the ball by her teammate because of "political reasons" (political as in team politics, not like presidential parties). It was assumption on her part based on really nothing other than her feelings. I was pointing out there are still plenty of times now that Carli isn't getting passed the ball, they can all be team politics for 13 years, she's just sometimes delusional about why she isn't getting passed the ball (or getting minutes, etc.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 10:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Which teammates?
DA that’s not bad blood lol that’s vets not wanting to include rookies into their cliques, you were acting like she actually did something like Hope did to Scurry
Again, this was literally a conversation where Abby tried to convince Carli to socialize with the team so the idea that its vets not wanting to include rookies into their cliques makes zero sense. Abby also said the vets felt Carli didn't trust them. And they noticed she didn't want to socialize with them. Not sure why the Vets would feel Carli didn't trust them if there weren't prior issues between them.

I'd say a decent amount of that stemmed from Carli disliking their behavior toward Hope and being clear about that. Along with a million other little things she lists in the book, feel free to read it for more context.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 10:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Carli said something about Carli not getting passed the ball. It was part of the start of this conversation. She claimed she wasn't getting passed the ball by her teammate because of "political reasons" (political as in team politics, not like presidential parties). It was assumption on her part based on really nothing other than her feelings. I was pointing out there are still plenty of times now that Carli isn't getting passed the ball, they can all be team politics for 13 years, she's just sometimes delusional about why she isn't getting passed the ball (or getting minutes, etc.)
By that one teammate in that situation. Has she said that it's all the time or is that something you said so you can go off and make these big sweeping generalizations.

element
Reactions: 12

Post by element »

1 Image 1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Element are you still the mod in here or what? There has literally been no modding in this thread for the past week plus.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 08:33
Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 01:39
Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 01:17

Long shot but anyone have the gif? of the camera shot of Harris sitting at the bench looking fine af during this game? It’s for....research
Yes 👀

this bish is so hot
No Olympic medals but Krieger still won 😩

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Interesting way of protecting Mewis in expansion draft. So now they just protect Dunn and Dahlkemper.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 13:17
Interesting way of protecting Mewis in expansion draft. So now they just protect Dunn and Dahlkemper.
Mewis posted like a whole goodbye. Is she being loaned or is she gone gone?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope this Mewis announcement gets the ball rolling for some other announcements of NT overseas signings. It's been eerily quiet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I would still take Mewis, she is valuable to have even if you have to wait.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 13:24
Guest wrote:
I think she's gone gone but fully intends to come back to the Courage in a year?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 13:25
I hope this Mewis announcement gets the ball rolling for some other announcements of NT overseas signings. It's been eerily quiet.
I dont think you will see that many. Don’t hold your breath.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I get the vibe that she's basically gonna tell them she will just stay in the UK if they try to take her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 13:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I get the vibe that she's basically gonna tell them she will just stay in the UK if they try to take her
She can't stay away forever. Lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Mewis and Walsh in the midfield together, I could cry it's so beautiful.

element

Post by element »

element

Post by element »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m happy for Sam. Sucks about Rose so injury prone and apparently in a boot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I want someone to go to Real Madrid. Or Barcelona. :queen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 13:30
Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 13:29
Guest wrote:

She can't stay away forever. Lol
Lol she won't. She'll tell Louisville thanks but no thanks, I'll stay overseas. And they will pick someone else. Or they'll pick her, she'll stay overseas for a year, and then a trade will be worked out for her a la Press.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

PC and holy fuck 99ers stan and Ellis stan all in one week. Neckbreads invaded this place. During one of the podcast Foudy said that USWNT sometimes feels like sorority and with them it really felt like it. If we like you you can join us if we don't well you ain't welcome lol

foo
Reactions:

Post by foo »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 13:24
Guest wrote:
Well technically her contract is with US Soccer, not the Courage, so its not a loan. Realistically, no USWNT player has gone over to Europe for more than a season or two, so I'm sure she'll be back playing somewhere in the NWSL and it will likely be the Courage unless something crazy happens like the Breakers spontaneously become a team again and she decides she wants to play at home.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

element wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 13:33
my eyes bled from reading the butthurt male comments. but glad they posted on the main account.

CB123
Reactions: 0

Post by CB123 »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 14:43
element wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 13:33
my eyes bled from reading the butthurt male comments. but glad they posted on the main account.
There is no separate women's account for the City team anymore. But the coverage on the one account is heavily skewed to the men's team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m surprised there hasn’t been talk about Horan going overseas. She’s one of the ones I thought would go

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 15:03
I’m surprised there hasn’t been talk about Horan going overseas. She’s one of the ones I thought would go
Yeah, I think she will go, but wasnt she injured after utah cup? Honestly I think all the youngsters on NT should go to europe. MAybe even Lynn will go so she has a chance for call again

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 15:03
Her and Rose need to be fully healthy before they go anywhere, don’t need to make any injuries worse trying to rush back

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 15:00
Did her gf just start somewhere in the uk? Makes sense she’d be going. Could just be to visit though.

cache
Veteran
Reactions: 79

Post by cache »