Re: US Women's Soccer Part XVI: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 07:07
Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 06:39
Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 06:36

Yeah and? Mal was on the national team and scored goals at 15. Look at her now. Or look at Sully. Plenty of players simply don't transition. It's always a risk.
Still. Trading her for mid level non NT players is gonna be a dumb move from Louisville, but like I said if they wanna be dumb they should trade her to my flop 😂
Let's say Debinha and Erceg for her? You wouldn't take that? Or Colaprico and Gordon? I actually can't think of two from Portland tbh. But given what Louisville is going to have roster wise from the draft, they'll need some solid experienced vets more than a 22 year old with potential imo.
Debinha and Erceg are not a mid level NWSL players. They’re Best XI winners. No, I would not take Colaprico and Gorden for Macario.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 04:04
Nothing on the west coast. Portland too busy going up in flames from the riots to care about NWSL or do they only attend games and not watch it on tv?

As for St. Louis(with an MLS team coming in 2023, they are postponing from 2022) that someone mentioned, the owner said:
"When ask if they were considering owning an NWSL team as well, this is what she said: “You know, I think at this point I've got to get some holes dug and some steel going in the ground. I think right now in order to really make sure we have a very successful 2022 season, that has to be the main focus. But certainly we're up for suggestions and any ideas.”"
https://www.si.com/.amp/soccer/2020/02/ ... nsion-2022

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 08:47
Guest wrote:
Nothing on the west coast. Portland too busy going up in flames from the riots to care about NWSL or do they only attend games and not watch it on tv?

As for St. Louis(with an MLS team coming in 2023, they are postponing from 2022) that someone mentioned, the owner said:
"When ask if they were considering owning an NWSL team as well, this is what she said: “You know, I think at this point I've got to get some holes dug and some steel going in the ground. I think right now in order to really make sure we have a very successful 2022 season, that has to be the main focus. But certainly we're up for suggestions and any ideas.”"
The game was on at 9:30 a.m. on the west coast, of course it's not gonna get high viewership...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 09:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The game was on at 9:30 a.m. on the west coast, of course it's not gonna get high viewership...
I wonder which markets watched the Premiere League game cuz it was on even earlier.....

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not a big fan of Anson, but some interesting insight into the inner workings of US Soccer. At least back in the day. Very political. Not a surprise.

https://www.justwomenssports.com/reads/ ... -us-soccer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 11:40
Not a big fan of Anson, but some interesting insight into the inner workings of US Soccer. At least back in the day. Very political. Not a surprise.

Anson 🤮 but yeah very political probably even more political now 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Portland only shows up if Thors show up. So much for being "Soccer City" 😂

element
Reactions: 12

Post by element »

1 Image

cache
Veteran
Reactions: 79

Post by cache »

element

Post by element »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 07:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 06:39

Still. Trading her for mid level non NT players is gonna be a dumb move from Louisville, but like I said if they wanna be dumb they should trade her to my flop 😂
Let's say Debinha and Erceg for her? You wouldn't take that? Or Colaprico and Gordon? I actually can't think of two from Portland tbh. But given what Louisville is going to have roster wise from the draft, they'll need some solid experienced vets more than a 22 year old with potential imo.
Debinha and Erceg are not a mid level NWSL players. They’re Best XI winners. No, I would not take Colaprico and Gorden for Macario.
debinha is arguably the best player in the league

cache
Veteran

Post by cache »

Dash TF On
The Houston Dash are your NWSL Challenge Cup champions — and Rachel Daly, Kristie Mewis and Shea Groom all join the pod to discuss the bubble, the soccer and the epic celebrations (2:08). For a bigger picture at the success of the Challenge Cup, Meg is also joined by co-executive director of the NWSL players’ association, Brooke Elby (19:31).

Read Brooks Peck on Kristie Mewis and her epic celebrations: https://theathletic.com/1955627/2020/07 ... er-moment/

Read more about what comes next for the NWSL: https://theathletic.com/1951422/2020/07 ... -wraps-up/

Follow the NWSL PA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nwsl_players

cache
Veteran

Post by cache »

Vision and Focus w/ Tziarra King - NWSL Challenge Cup Special Edition
Tziarra King, Utah Royals FC striker, calls in from the NWSL Challenge Cup bubble to talk about adjusting to the pros in her rookie season, why she will always speak her mind and what kind of habits you pick up after spending six months hanging around Vero Boquete.

Connect with Nedum on Social Media: Instagram @kickback_nedum Twitter @kickback_nedum Be sure to check out the official Kickback playlist, hand-picked by Nedum: Spotify https://spoti.fi/2kXmkib Apple Music https://bit.ly/KickbackApple --- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/nedum-onuoha/message

cache
Veteran

Post by cache »

22: Challenge Cup Debrief w/ Annie Costabile
The first three-time guest on SoccerCast, Annie Costabile of the Chicago Sun-Time is back to debrief the last month in Utah for the Red Stars.

In addition to discussing the 2-0 victory for the Houston Dash over the Red Stars in last Sunday's Challenge Cup Championship, we reflect on what we've seen in this abbreviated 2020 season.

How are the players feeling now that they're back home? Where in the world might they be going next? What did we learn this last month and what are the big takeaways? And where are the Red Stars heading into 2021?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 15:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That’s quite a statement lol I wouldn’t say she’s the best player on her own team but okay...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 17:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That’s quite a statement lol I wouldn’t say she’s the best player on her own team but okay...
Don't strongly agree or disagree but there's also not anyone else that stands out as best player in the league. Would've been Kerr before she left. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

element wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 15:27
I highly doubt shiba even happens

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 17:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Don't strongly agree or disagree but there's also not anyone else that stands out as best player in the league. Would've been Kerr before she left. DA
DA Agree that she’s arguably the best player in the league currently. Definitely top 5.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

So by default people just put her up there because Kerr left? That’s interesting...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 19:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

So by default people just put her up there because Kerr left? That’s interesting...
no, people who watch her play understand how much she contributes to NCC being the best team

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 19:46
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

no, people who watch her play understand how much she contributes to NCC being the best team
What I meant is that without Kerr there is no clear best player in the league. There is a conversation to be had about a few players and she is one of them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yes, and she's improved so much over the course of a couple of years. She was often a midfield sub for them a couple of years ago and now I'd say she's their most impactful player.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 20:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

What I meant is that without Kerr there is no clear best player in the league. There is a conversation to be had about a few players and she is one of them.
yeah, agree with that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 18:15
I would have watched more if the early games weren't at 4am or if they were available on the channel after the game. But as an international viewer I appreciate that I was able to watch this year. Finger crossed for future seasons!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Dude sexually harrassed his college players. Not really interested in what he has to say especially because we already now how fucked US Soccer acts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 12:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Portland only shows up if Thors show up. So much for being "Soccer City" 😂
Thorns aren't even my team but until other cities start supporting their women's team like they do then they are soccer city USA in my book.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 17:57
element wrote:
How does this work? I thought the US were inviting different teams each year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 21:25
Guest wrote:

Dude sexually harrassed his college players. Not really interested in what he has to say especially because we already now how fucked US Soccer acts.
Same

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 21:29
Guest wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 17:57
element wrote:
How does this work? I thought the US were inviting different teams each year.
Not really, England has been in the tournament since it began. France and Germany were in the first three years, but then they withdrew due to travel I think. DA

element

Post by element »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Pinoe is full on grandma now 😂 😂 😂