Motherland: Fort Salem

Reactions:

Re: Motherland : Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 17:29
Taylor is that give-me-woke-points millennial that also wants to be cool with zoomers. She performs virtue signalling for the preening praise. She quote tweeted her stans to make sure everyone knew she attended a BLM protest... that used vids sourced from herself. Her black friend had to publicly plead Taylor's stans to stroke her ego when she got the tiniest backlash about posting selfies instead of something about BLM. Making sure she positioned that book for the cameras fits perfectly into what shes shown of her character. :whistle:

It's high key annoying how promotional or self-congratulatory her social justice is but it doesn't affect my view of MFS or Raelle. I don't know how yall are calling her a kid though, isn't she only 2 years younger than Amalia?
Yeah, her talking about gay character read just like something from that Lexa Deserved Better website word for word. The interview Amalia did about how gay characters are represented on tv was actually pretty smart and nuanced, more than I expected. As for her being a kids, I just giving her the benefit of the doubt over middle aged women like Ramirez and Soccer Mom.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Taylor is that give-me-woke-points millennial that also wants to be cool with zoomers. She performs virtue signalling for the preening praise. She quote tweeted her stans to make sure everyone knew she attended a BLM protest... that used vids sourced from herself. Her black friend had to publicly plead Taylor's stans to stroke her ego when she got the tiniest backlash about posting selfies instead of something about BLM. Making sure she positioned that book for the cameras fits perfectly into what shes shown of her character. :whistle:

It's high key annoying how promotional or self-congratulatory her social justice is but it doesn't affect my view of MFS or Raelle. I don't know how yall are calling her a kid though, isn't she only 2 years younger than Amalia?
i literally think it's not that big of a deal, at least she uses her platform for something.
yes,it's a bit performative.but that's what celebrities/influencers/blah blah blah blah blah do. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 17:45
Guest wrote:

i literally think it's not that big of a deal, at least she uses her platform for something.
yes,it's a bit performative.but that's what celebrities/influencers/blah blah blah blah blah do. :nails:
She'll probably do a Bundy-Pain and declare she's a straight queer soon enough. Doesn't seem like she's the type to go the others one's lower level of personal grooming though so that's a plus. She'll be more annoying than Soccer Mom at Clexacon soon. Remember that year Sara Ramirez showed up and every one ignored her. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 17:41
Guest wrote:

Yeah, her talking about gay character read just like something from that Lexa Deserved Better website word for word. The interview Amalia did about how gay characters are represented on tv was actually pretty smart and nuanced, more than I expected. As for her being a kids, I just giving her the benefit of the doubt over middle aged women like Ramirez and Soccer Mom.
And what is so wrong about her speaking out about the RIGHT things? If you have a problem with her speaking out as an ally with respect to Black Lives Matter and about LGBT rights, that says more about you and your issues than her. Having allies is necessary for change and progress. You guys are just ridiculous. Thank goodness a gay character is being portrayed by an actress that actually gives a damn about how much the character means to the fandom. I've had enough experience with the opposite - actresses that literally could not give a shit. Even when their character was shot by a random stray bullet and radio silence from said actress about how this affected the LGBT community. Give me Taylor ANY DAY.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That book move puts it in fully performative category :rofl: You can excuse it as that's what celebs or influencers do but which other celeb would do that? Kardashians? One of those fame whore Youtubers? Yuck. And coming from a white straight girl. Yuck x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 18:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

And what is so wrong about her speaking out about the RIGHT things? If you have a problem with her speaking out as an ally with respect to Black Lives Matter and about LGBT rights, that says more about you and your issues than her. Having allies is necessary for change and progress. You guys are just ridiculous. Thank goodness a gay character is being portrayed by an actress that actually gives a damn about how much the character means to the fandom. I've had enough experience with the opposite - actresses that literally could not give a shit. Even when their character was shot by a random stray bullet and radio silence from said actress about how this affected the LGBT community. Give me Taylor ANY DAY.
If Scylla was to be killed off. I can say with 99% certainty that Taylor would stick to the party line just like ABC and Eliza did. She's talking about it now because its the fashionable thing to say.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 18:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That book move puts it in fully performative category :rofl: You can excuse it as that's what celebs or influencers do but which other celeb would do that? Kardashians? One of those fame whore Youtubers? Yuck. And coming from a white straight girl. Yuck x2
No idea, but I mean I could almost let it pass had she been in front of a book shelf where she had a bunch of books but um one random book carefully positioned. You are trying too hard. I mean we all have our video chat things, I try to make sure I don't have my washing in view or that the angle doesn't give me a double chin.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Seriously, is this thread full of far right white extremists?

A key point of the current moment: It is not enough to not be racist, we need to be anti-racist.

All anyone is criticizing is a young women educating herself and demonstrating her anti-racism. Being vocal and passionate is admirable.

So many times in this thread Ive seen people using right wing dog whistle terms like, “virtue signalling”. Like, thanks so much for your opinion Tucker Carlson 🙄.

Being woke is used as a derogatory term in this thread. But, think about it. Trying to open your eyes and and see the world for what it is, is a good thing. We all are, especially in these times, incumbent upon ourselves to grow, get educated, be anti-racist.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA because using social issues that negatively affect others to signal how virtuous you are is distasteful and lowkey insulting especially from a privileged party. Why is that difficult to understand.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 18:27

A key point of the current moment: It is not enough to not be racist, we need to be anti-racist.

All anyone is criticizing is a young women educating herself and demonstrating her anti-racism. Being vocal and passionate is admirable.

So many times in this thread Ive seen people using right wing dog whistle terms like, “virtue signalling”. Like, thanks so much for your opinion Tucker Carlson 🙄.

Being woke is used as a derogatory term in this thread. But, think about it. Trying to open your eyes and and see the world for what it is, is a good thing. We all are, especially in these times, incumbent upon ourselves to grow, get educated, be anti-racist.
Your post reads as someone reciting a sacred book, with word per work phrasing that can be found in hundreds of (mostly Twitter) accounts.
Do you really not realize the cult-ish element of it all?

This is not about activism at all. It's not about actual social justce. At. All.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Lol you moan about people calling other woke and then you come out with your own string of comments calling anyone who disagrees with you Right-wing and Tucker Carlson. I'd rather be Tucker Carlson than living in Portland, propping up freaks like Yanniv and Karen White like Jamil.

Also, I think you will find plenty of people are "educated", they don't need people to tell them to "get educated"...which really means subscribe to my ideology.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 18:32
Guest wrote:

Your post reads as someone reciting a sacred book, with word per work phrasing that can be found in hundreds of (mostly Twitter) accounts.
Do you really not realize the cult-ish element of it all?

This is not about activism at all. It's not about actual social justce. At. All.
Anti-racist? I think they needed another way to elevate themselves as better than other when they realised that most people aren't racist anyway. I mean that's better than not being racist, being anti-racist. More brownie points. Not really sure how that works but it sure SOUNDS good. :rofl:

Signed Tucker's new best friend. (getting in with the insults before you do). I also think Maggie Thatcher might be my long lost mother but these days you can never be too sure.

Gl2013
Reactions: 1

Post by Gl2013 »

Is this the after Ellen chat room? Lol. Can’t wait for new episodes where we can chat about Easter eggs and theories.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 18:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA because using social issues that negatively affect others to signal how virtuous you are is distasteful and lowkey insulting especially from a privileged party. Why is that difficult to understand.
God, what an ignorant post. Without "privileged" allies, the pendulum towards equality would be severely delayed. It's the ones with privilege that need to stand up in solidarity and be good allies. To think otherwise is just harmful. God forbid any of my straight family members or friends want to get themselves educated before speaking out on behalf of me and my rights. God forbid any white person wants to get educated before they attend a BLM rally. And then God forbid they try to help educate others. Do you think it's only the minorities that have the burden to change people's minds?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 18:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

God, what an ignorant post. Without "privileged" allies, the pendulum towards equality would be severely delayed. It's the ones with privilege that need to stand up in solidarity and be good allies. To think otherwise is just harmful. God forbid any of my straight family members or friends want to get themselves educated before speaking out on behalf of me and my rights. God forbid any white person wants to get educated before they attend a BLM rally. And then God forbid they try to help educate others. Do you think it's only the minorities that have the burden to change people's minds?
YES! Thank you for that last line!!!! Exactly right.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:14
Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:00
Guest wrote:

Yes, this thread is absolutely filled with white extremists and conservative people who had an issue with the BLM movement. We called one of the posters out on Discord and she refused to explain her very racist post even after multiple attempts asking her to clarify herself. It's probably the same person as before.
Stop trolling this board and posting off-topic stuff. This will get this thread shut down.
This is an organic discussion directly linked to people going off on some of the cast for being politically active.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If Scylla was to be killed off. I can say with 99% certainty that Taylor would stick to the party line just like ABC and Eliza did. She's talking about it now because its the fashionable thing to say.
I have no doubt about it. When push comes to shove, it’s head in the sand and they move on cause they are afraid to do their jobs, especially when they are this young. Very few actors have the balls to speak against a storyline/network publicly especially with their show still running. Hopefully it will never get to a point where this has to happen - I don’t think it will but I can’t bring myself to give Eliot the benefit of the doubt given his track record.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Did you skip right over the "using social issues that negatively affect others to signal how virtuous you are" part in your dramatics to shame everyone who doesn't fall ass over head to fawn over a straight white girl risking nothing? Or do you think in an age where companies like Netflix and Whole Foods change their Twitter pfp to black and rainbows those who are directly disenfranchised by what is used as aesthetics should be thankful for a celebrity preaching to the choir? I did not say anything about only minorities having the burden that's entirely your tangent because it's an easier won argument.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:27
Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:14
Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:00

Yes, this thread is absolutely filled with white extremists and conservative people who had an issue with the BLM movement. We called one of the posters out on Discord and she refused to explain her very racist post even after multiple attempts asking her to clarify herself. It's probably the same person as before.
Stop trolling this board and posting off-topic stuff. This will get this thread shut down.
This is an organic discussion directly linked to people going off on some of the cast for being politically active.
It started that way but it has went off course about BLM in general which is not on topic.

Regardless, I'll put Taylor in the same category at Tatiana, I can't say I agree with them personally but on the show they do a good job and that is what is best to focus on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fansp wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 14:47
Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 14:02
Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 13:52
Yikes. So much hate going on. I don’t even know what fucking book you guys are even talking about. Didn’t even notice any book in her view.

Honestly, this is why we can’t have nice things, fandom ruins everything.
This thread is unusually negative and over the top in its opinions and its completely turned me off to posting here and I was a regular back when we all were forced to log in. It’s a shame. I miss the happy lively discussions. Now it’s filled with shit on Taylor, Eliot, the show, etc. annoying.
Yeap, people are not happy....why too much? Or why too little? Both are bad, quite annoying...anyways I do enjoy the show and all their cast members, I’m glad these actresses are talking about representation even if they are not gay
The only thing that's bothered me is Taylor entertaining the thought of Raelle being nb. That's basically like she's saying the lesbian representation she currently provides isn't important and can be written away and the character turned into something else. Not cool...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Did you skip right over the "using social issues that negatively affect others to signal how virtuous you are" part in your dramatics to shame everyone who doesn't fall ass over head to fawn over a straight white girl risking nothing? Or do you think in an age where companies like Netflix and Whole Foods change their Twitter pfp to black and rainbows those who are directly disenfranchised by what is used as aesthetics should be thankful for a celebrity preaching to the choir? I did not say anything about only minorities having the burden that's entirely your tangent because it's an easier won argument.
You’re mixing neo-liberalism with individual activism. I think it is right to be critical of Corporations espousing support for LGBTQ rights or BLM. I’m very cynical towards corporations monetizing, capitalizing on public movements. Corporations aren’t people. Neo-liberalism is all about a veneer of equality, of social progress. In fact it is actually counter progress and is invested in maintaining status quo. It also shifts responsibility, as much as possible, to individuals, versus themselves.

Personal Activism you should try to be a bit less cynical towards. Nothing in this world is truly altruistic and certain there are assholes who are out there going to protests and being tourists, but I believe these truly are the minority.

I’d like to give Taylor the benefit of the doubt on this as she appears to be doing the work and not doing harm.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:36
Fansp wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 14:47
Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 14:02

This thread is unusually negative and over the top in its opinions and its completely turned me off to posting here and I was a regular back when we all were forced to log in. It’s a shame. I miss the happy lively discussions. Now it’s filled with shit on Taylor, Eliot, the show, etc. annoying.
Yeap, people are not happy....why too much? Or why too little? Both are bad, quite annoying...anyways I do enjoy the show and all their cast members, I’m glad these actresses are talking about representation even if they are not gay
The only thing that's bothered me is Taylor entertaining the thought of Raelle being nb. That's basically like she's saying the lesbian representation she currently provides isn't important and can be written away and the character turned into something else. Not cool...
Yeah just following the twitter trends like Tatiana, I guess. Most celebs are like this. We can't all expect them to go JK and actually research things.

I just don't understand how someone could be NB or trans in the world anyway. If Raelle decided she was NB or Byron decided he was trans it wouldn't change who they are or their role in the world. Raelle would still have to be part of the military and Byron would still be making arts and crafts.

marriauno
Reactions: 1

Post by marriauno »

Hi all,
noticing an increased amount of reports for this thread.
Please try and stay on topic.
Thanks!
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I have no doubt about it. When push comes to shove, it’s head in the sand and they move on cause they are afraid to do their jobs, especially when they are this young. Very few actors have the balls to speak against a storyline/network publicly especially with their show still running. Hopefully it will never get to a point where this has to happen - I don’t think it will but I can’t bring myself to give Eliot the benefit of the doubt given his track record.
Right, and if Scylla were to be killed off and Taylor DOESN'T speak out about it, it doesn't mean that she doesn't care. In fact, I'm sure she would very much care given how effusive she is about Raylla and Amalia in general. It means that she realizes she's not in the position to challenge her employer at this moment in her career.

But given that, it's not a fair argument to make that just because she may not actively bash the show or the writers if Scylla were to die on the show, that she should refrain from trying to amplify causes she likes in the meantime. If she feels passionately about BLM or LGBT rights, why would anyone in the world try to stop her? What harm is she doing? She's an actress who has a platform speaking out about good causes. I don't get the issue here.

Just one more thing - we are in hiatus and there is not too much to discuss about the show. Why are posts being reported regarding discussions about the actresses on the show? That is on-topic as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Right, and if Scylla were to be killed off and Taylor DOESN'T speak out about it, it doesn't mean that she doesn't care. In fact, I'm sure she would very much care given how effusive she is about Raylla and Amalia in general. It means that she realizes she's not in the position to challenge her employer at this moment in her career.
Bullshit. Given how passionate she is right now speaking against harmful rep and BYG and positive rep in general she would and should be compelled to speak out if something like that were to happen in her own show. People are arguing that she wouldn’t and only is right now because the show is at the moment doing right by the community. We have a very recent example of a young black actress on that very same network who wasnt happy with her storyline and how rep didn’t exist behind the scenes and actually spoke up.

RaelleCollar
Reactions: 8

Post by RaelleCollar »

Ah, good to see TLC is back to being shit again now that anon posting has returned.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 20:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Bullshit. Given how passionate she is right now speaking against harmful rep and BYG and positive rep in general she would and should be compelled to speak out if something like that were to happen in her own show. People are arguing that she wouldn’t and only is right now because the show is at the moment doing right by the community. We have a very recent example of a young black actress on that very same network who wasnt happy with her storyline and how rep didn’t exist behind the scenes and actually spoke up.
No one knows whether she would speak out or not, and that's BESIDE THE POINT. The point is that her being vocal right now in support of causes she believes in is not a bad thing, and anyone making it seem like it is is just being nitpicky on her for no apparent reason. She may be over-eager and you can even say she's doing a bit too much, but why is that a bad thing if she's doing it to educate people. What benefit does she get out of putting herself out there in favor of BLM? If she were being sponsored for her posts, different story. But as far as we all know, she's a well-meaning young adult trying to amplify minority voices and educate herself on her white and straight privilege.

RaelleCollar

Post by RaelleCollar »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 20:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No one knows whether she would speak out or not, and that's BESIDE THE POINT. The point is that her being vocal right now in support of causes she believes in is not a bad thing, and anyone making it seem like it is is just being nitpicky on her for no apparent reason. She may be over-eager and you can even say she's doing a bit too much, but why is that a bad thing if she's doing it to educate people. What benefit does she get out of putting herself out there in favor of BLM? If she were being sponsored for her posts, different story. But as far as we all know, she's a well-meaning young adult trying to amplify minority voices and educate herself on her white and straight privilege.
Anyone who gets mad about Taylor speaking up and speaking earnestly about issues like these is a troll. Just ignore them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RaelleCollar wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 20:56
Ah, good to see TLC is back to being shit again now that anon posting has returned.
Brings me back memories to when someone said back when it was members only - and I wish I remembered the username - that they preferred anon cause they could say shit they usually wouldn’t if they were a reg. That’s exactly how it is here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don’t think she should be criticized for speaking passionately about a community she isn’t a part of but she shouldn’t be praised for it either. It is easy for her to do so when the show is being praised for good rep. Until there are stakes and she feels compelled to speak up all she is doing right now is the bare minimum.

RaelleCollar

Post by RaelleCollar »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 21:23
RaelleCollar wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 20:56
Brings me back memories to when someone said back when it was members only - and I wish I remembered the username - that they preferred anon cause they could say shit they usually wouldn’t if they were a reg. That’s exactly how it is here.
Yep, that's it exactly. People show their ass when they're on anon because they can. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

You’re mixing neo-liberalism with individual activism. I think it is right to be critical of Corporations espousing support for LGBTQ rights or BLM. I’m very cynical towards corporations monetizing, capitalizing on public movements. Corporations aren’t people. Neo-liberalism is all about a veneer of equality, of social progress. In fact it is actually counter progress and is invested in maintaining status quo. It also shifts responsibility, as much as possible, to individuals, versus themselves.

Personal Activism you should try to be a bit less cynical towards. Nothing in this world is truly altruistic and certain there are assholes who are out there going to protests and being tourists, but I believe these truly are the minority.

I’d like to give Taylor the benefit of the doubt on this as she appears to be doing the work and not doing harm.
I'm not confusing anything. You fail to recognize in 2020 a celebrity is in essence a product and as they gather power and influence, a corporation. To think anything else is naive. I will remain critical of actions that poise more benefit to activist than actual cause. For as much as anons here moan about who do Taylor's actions hurt, who do these discussions hurt?

RaelleCollar

Post by RaelleCollar »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 21:35
Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:38
Guest wrote:

I'm not confusing anything. You fail to recognize in 2020 a celebrity is in essence a product and as they gather power and influence, a corporation. To think anything else is naive. I will remain critical of actions that poise more benefit to activist than actual cause. For as much as anons here moan about who do Taylor's actions hurt, who do these discussions hurt?
:dnft:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 21:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don’t think she should be criticized for speaking passionately about a community she isn’t a part of but she shouldn’t be praised for it either. It is easy for her to do so when the show is being praised for good rep. Until there are stakes and she feels compelled to speak up all she is doing right now is the bare minimum.
The "bare minimum" is more than most other actresses playing lesbian/bi characters do. I'll take the bare minimum any day if it means that an actress actually cares enough to speak out. And I don't believe for a second Taylor is doing it for her "brand." She seems a bit too invested for the instagram #ad culture. And will she screw up and say something wrong at some point? Probably. Again, she's a white straight actress. But she's also actively listening and amplifying voices of the minority in her position of privilege. God knows if many of us 30-somethings had actresses that were this vocal when we were young and impressionable, we may have been less jaded today.

At the end of the day, if she picks up a Season 2 script and it tells her that she needs to be intimate with a woman, and she knows how important real representation is for the gay community, she will try that much harder to sell it. Hell, she was selling it way before she was bombarded with the twitter stans. It's a good sign. She's not shying away like MANY MANY other straight actresses who have played gay in the past.

RaelleCollar

Post by RaelleCollar »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 21:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The "bare minimum" is more than most other actresses playing lesbian/bi characters do. I'll take the bare minimum any day if it means that an actress actually cares enough to speak out. And I don't believe for a second Taylor is doing it for her "brand." She seems a bit too invested for the instagram #ad culture. And will she screw up and say something wrong at some point? Probably. Again, she's a white straight actress. But she's also actively listening and amplifying voices of the minority in her position of privilege. God knows if many of us 30-somethings had actresses that were this vocal when we were young and impressionable, we may have been less jaded today.

At the end of the day, if she picks up a Season 2 script and it tells her that she needs to be intimate with a woman, and she knows how important real representation is for the gay community, she will try that much harder to sell it. Hell, she was selling it way before she was bombarded with the twitter stans. It's a good sign. She's not shying away like MANY MANY other straight actresses who have played gay in the past.
Seriously. Like she filmed 1x01 back in 2018. No one even knew or cared about the show then. No one knew Raelle was a lesbian. She did a good job because she gave a shit about doing a good job, period. Hell she even said this in an interview before the show even premiered:

People have asked me that, too, because I’ve played gay characters. Someone legitimately asked me, “Aren’t you afraid of looking gay?” What’s there to be afraid of? I’m aware of who I am and it’s no one else’s business. Two years ago, another actor told me that he had stopped going to the gay pride parade because he was afraid how he would be perceived. So it is rare. It is more rare than you think that people are willing to take on gay roles. source

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It’s STILL the bare minimum. No actress should be praised at this day and age for doing the bare minimum because that wasn’t common 20 years ago. That is no different than settling for shit rep just because you had none growing up. I will stand up and clap for her and climb up her ass if it ever gets to the point where the show fails to deliver and she speaks up against it. It’s easy to be woke and positive when you are in a comfortable position to do so.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 22:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It’s STILL the bare minimum. No actress should be praised at this day and age for doing the bare minimum because that wasn’t common 20 years ago. That is no different than settling for shit rep just because you had none growing up. I will stand up and clap for her and climb up her ass if it ever gets to the point where the show fails to deliver and she speaks up against it. It’s easy to be woke and positive when you are in a comfortable position to do so.
RaelleCollar gonna dismiss your valid points with :dnft: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 22:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don’t disagree with her tbh. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not the one criticizing Taylor, I am simply stating I won’t praise her for it.

RaelleCollar

Post by RaelleCollar »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
People need to learn the difference between someone saying "hey it's cool an actress said this!" and actually crawling up their ass and worshiping them like they invented lesbian characters.

Reactions:

Re: Motherland: Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

Who was praising her? The conversation was originally about the criticism she was getting for caring too much.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 22:31
Who was praising her? The conversation was originally about the criticism she was getting for caring too much.
Every single person on Twitter?

RaelleCollar

Post by RaelleCollar »

Guest wrote:
The joke is that people who probably say Taylor "cares too much" are the people who love queerbait like Rizzles. it's always that type. The ones who stan actresses who wouldn't play gay if their life depended on it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 22:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don’t disagree with her tbh. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not the one criticizing Taylor, I am simply stating I won’t praise her for it.
DA i'm gonna have to agree too. Since the whole NB comments I lost interest in anything she says about our community. I mean who is she doing it for, herself, us or just to be liked?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

WTF is this hate-fest here?!

Why are the racist Berthas attacking Taylor Hickson who has been nothing but supportive to the LGBTQ community so far? What for? She has done nothing wrong.

Someone cares and does research, speaks up.
That makes her totally such a fake and bad human. Burn her. Oh, no, the book was on her bed and it took fandom ninjas to decipher what it was about... totally calculated! and her walls were painted white.. it's a sign! :blinkwide: /s

Y'all talking like this is the precrime division from the "Minority Report"-movie. How about you spare your hate until TH has actually done something critique-worthy? Usually you do that after a "crime" has been committed. Not before.

Also no one is praising her for it. That's such bullshit. People are however allowed to be happy about someone being in their corner and breaking a lance for them instead of riding armed against them. People are even allowed to like what was said.
Considering how our rights are slowly being eroded nearly everywhere it's of course bad when people promote wlw relationships or stand up for us. Give me a break! :eyeroll:

When I compare the MFS Raylla kisses to nearly every other tv show on air they seem genuine and not like fake tv kisses. Both of them are not afraid to touch. There's zero hesitation in their body language which is so fucking rare.

"virtue-signalling / fake ally" Can you use anymore right-wing/alt-right talking points? Or did you hop-in from one of the number-chans? Just stop watching the show or reading about the actors if it's too much.

Just kindly go and distance yourself. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 22:33
Guest wrote:
Every single person on Twitter?
:dnft:

RaelleCollar

Post by RaelleCollar »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 23:01

Why are the racist Berthas attacking Taylor Hickson who has been nothing but supportive to the LGBTQ community so far? What for? She has done nothing wrong.

That makes her totally such a fake and bad human. Burn her. Oh, no, the book was on her bed and it took fandom ninjas to decipher what it was about... totally calculated! and her walls were painted white.. it's a sign! :blinkwide: /s

Y'all talking like this is the precrime division from the "Minority Report"-movie. How about you spare your hate until TH has actually done something critique-worthy? Usually you do that after a "crime" has been committed. Not before.

Also no one is praising her for it. That's such bullshit. People are however allowed to be happy about someone being in their corner and breaking a lance for them instead of riding armed against them. People are even allowed to like what was said.
Considering how our rights are slowly being eroded nearly everywhere it's of course bad when people promote wlw relationships or stand up for us. Give me a break! :eyeroll:

When I compare the MFS Raylla kisses to nearly every other tv show on air they seem genuine and not like fake tv kisses. Both of them are not afraid to touch. There's zero hesitation in their body language which is so fucking rare.

"virtue-signalling / fake ally" Can you use anymore right-wing/alt-right talking points? Or did you hop-in from one of the number-chans? Just stop watching the show or reading about the actors if it's too much.

It's the anon trolls who wouldn't even be posting here if the board went back to being members only.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 22:40
Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 22:24
Guest wrote:

DA i'm gonna have to agree too. Since the whole NB comments I lost interest in anything she says about our community. I mean who is she doing it for, herself, us or just to be liked?
I didn't like that either. Best just to ignore what any actor says off-screen and just enjoy what is on-screen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Imagine going to to a thread and hating everything that is involved and talking about it? I just can’t imagine having so much hatred and dislike for something and then going and talking about it?

Anyways, anybody want to post some gifs?

RaelleCollar

Post by RaelleCollar »

x

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RaelleCollar wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 23:09
Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 23:01

It's the anon trolls who wouldn't even be posting here if the board went back to being members only.
You can't argue based on logic so you go for personal attacks or strawmans. :nails: