Motherland: Fort Salem

Reactions:

Re: Motherland : Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

So they baited us with an all female cast to then insert men. Ugh...I really just want to see Anacostia and Scylla, hopefully I can skip other scenes if need be then.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 18:27
So they baited us with an all female cast to then insert men. Ugh...I really just want to see Anacostia and Scylla, hopefully I can skip other scenes if need be then.
Alright, alright, lets not get paranoid already because 1. its more boring than a dinner date with Chyler Leigh and her hubby and 2. we don't know what will happen....people swore blind that Scylla would fuck Porter and then die or whatever. Take your PTSD and hold it tight until its needed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 18:29
Guest wrote:
Alright, alright, lets not get paranoid already because 1. its more boring than a dinner date with Chyler Leigh and her hubby and 2. we don't know what will happen....people swore blind that Scylla would fuck Porter and then die or whatever. Take your PTSD and hold it tight until its needed.
Right. So many of the interviews had this EXACT question before and the answer was basically the same. From the answer it's pretty logical that this would be about Abigail and some world building lore.

Pretty lame question choice from that "Feminist AF" (her twitter) moderator.

You have 6 women sitting there and the show creator and the moderator asks questions about male characters and witchfather - wasting everyones time. :clap:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The Camarilla looked mostly male so of we get deeply into that story we'd get more male characters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 21:23
Guest wrote:
The Camarilla looked mostly male so of we get deeply into that story we'd get more male characters.
They specifically said male witches when the unit goes to War College. The Camarilla are civillians.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:angel:
Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 18:07
Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 17:53
Does Taylor have that ridiculous white fragility book in the background, is she virtue signalling, really that woke and year she probably does support an NB Raelle.
:/ This is why I don't like following actors of characters I like.
Saw that when the teaser for the panel came out, she actually positioned that book in an angle that people would see, even noted it on twitter when someone saw it :rofl: I admit that was a turn off. Sometimes actors can really ruin a show for you, in this show it's taylor and ashley for me :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 22:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Does Taylor have that ridiculous white fragility book in the background, is she virtue signalling, really that woke and year she probably does support an NB Raelle.
Saw that when the teaser for the panel came out, she actually positioned that book in an angle that people would see, even noted it on twitter when someone saw it :rofl: I admit that was a turn off. Sometimes actors can really ruin a show for you, in this show it's taylor and ashley for me :nails:
I wholeheartedly agree and I'm happy that people here are not afraid to point that out. Twitter fandom is completely brainless, they literally lick Taylor's a@@ for every single thing she says, I swear most of them must be jobless losers.
It's so noticeable how different are Amalia, Lyne, Jess and Demetria from Taylor and Ashley. I mean poor Taylor she's trying but it's impossible for her to reach the cultural and educational level of Amalia.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 22:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I had to unfollow her on SM. I just....I get being supportive of causes, especially right now, but the virtue signalling was getting really bothersome. She's not ruining the show for me at all, because I think her intentions are coming from a place of care, but their ages are really showing at times, and I'm too old for the woke shit.

Gl2013
Reactions: 1

Post by Gl2013 »

Well Amalia is a bit older and European. I think it’s telling how Demitria thinks so highly of Amalia. I think everyone gets along, but Jess is older and mainly had scenes w ash and Taylor. It’s evident there is a bit of a generation gap between the two youngins and Jess but Jess and Taylor share a love for spiritual stuff. I Think Eliot saw some natural pairings and ran w it for s2. Tally w alder, anacostia w Scylla, and Abigail and raelle

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gl2013 wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 23:21
Well Amalia is a bit older and European. I think it’s telling how Demitria thinks so highly of Amalia. I think everyone gets along, but Jess is older and mainly had scenes w ash and Taylor. It’s evident there is a bit of a generation gap between the two youngins and Jess but Jess and Taylor share a love for spiritual stuff. I Think Eliot saw some natural pairings and ran w it for s2. Tally w alder, anacostia w Scylla, and Abigail and raelle
I'm honestly down for those pairings/scene partners.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect that guy who identifies himself as NB DM Taylor after she has responded positively to his desire to see NB Raelle. From that moment Taylor started to tweet and give likes to the bs movement against so called TERF. That guy had argumements on Twitter with some Motherland lesbian fans calling them TERF, I have the feeling that he wrote something to Taylor, playing the victim.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 23:53
Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect that guy who identifies himself as NB DM Taylor after she has responded positively to his desire to see NB Raelle. From that moment Taylor started to tweet and give likes to the bs movement against so called TERF. That guy had argumements on Twitter with some Motherland lesbian fans calling them TERF, I have the feeling that he wrote something to Taylor, playing the victim.
Omg, I swear I tried to understand and learn as much as I could about the NB lesbian thing, but I just can't grasp it. Then there goes these twitter stans who'd call anyone a terf if you don't blindly agree with them :argh:
It's so rare to even have a lesbian lead then they'd go around and change this rep for a minority group and claim it as theirs, why can't they campaign for another character to go NB?!

Gl2013
Reactions: 1

Post by Gl2013 »

Guest wrote:
I think that person identifies as nb lesbian lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It looked like she had shit written down when she was talking about rep too. Like girl you don’t have to try too hard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Would you rather have an actress care too much or too little

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 00:54
I’d rather have a cast that cared enough but wouldn’t talk for a community they aren’t a part of. You see every single actor on the show talking about LGBT rep in general but Taylor goes that extra mile and she shouldn’t. She is not gay and noticing a few tumblr queers on Twitter doesn’t make her an expert on our issues. Next thing you know she’ll be referring to Scylla as a “bi lesbian”.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 01:09
Guest wrote:
I’d rather have a cast that cared enough but wouldn’t talk for a community they aren’t a part of. You see every single actor on the show talking about LGBT rep in general but Taylor goes that extra mile and she shouldn’t. She is not gay and noticing a few tumblr queers on Twitter doesn’t make her an expert on our issues. Next thing you know she’ll be referring to Scylla as a “bi lesbian”.
well tell me when u find an actress is good :hmmm: enough :hmmm: for everybody

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 03:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA but the rest of the cast are good enough when it comes about talking about rep. Amalia, specifically since she plays the other gay lead. Nothing they say is ever over the top. They don't sound like they memorized a textbook on sexuality to preach to the media. I agree that Taylor is trying way too hard to be woke. It's... certainly better than having actresses/cast that don't care at all though (you know the ones). Too bad that ultimately nothing they say bear any weight on what the showrunner/network decide to do.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I'd like her to care but to not feel the urge to overperform her care regularly. Just in a way that we'd know she cares and she'd have no need to remind us constantly, because we wouldn't even have to doubt.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Hopefully she'll eventually take her time to think this stuff through. She's not stupid, but it's easy to just passively absorb what you're told, especially by those who play victims and you feel the pressure to stand by them...
Her heart is probably in a good place, but her actions aren't yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I did find it ironic and got a little chuckle at Taylor being all LGBT REP IS SO BAD THEY NEVER HAVE HAPPY ENDINGS AND THEY KEEP KILLING LESBIANS OFF when that is exactly what Eliot did on his previous show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 06:50
I did find it ironic and got a little chuckle at Taylor being all LGBT REP IS SO BAD THEY NEVER HAVE HAPPY ENDINGS AND THEY KEEP KILLING LESBIANS OFF when that is exactly what Eliot did on his previous show.
I don't because what he did or didn't do isn't down to her but she's just repeating the OTT pity party stuff that people put out there. It has issues but its not SO BAD, always DEAD 100% of the time. She's dumb woke kid that believes any crap people tell her as long as they do it with a sad face.

To be honest the only cast member I really liked on the panel were Lynn and Demetria. Jess and Amalia were fine but Taylor and Ashley were annoying. Taylor isn't as bad as Twatiana and Soccer Mom but girl you are getting close and I guess we are more forgiving because you are what 20?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 07:02
Guest wrote:
I don't because what he did or didn't do isn't down to her but she's just repeating the OTT pity party stuff that people put out there. It has issues but its not SO BAD, always DEAD 100% of the time. She's dumb woke kid that believes any crap people tell her as long as they do it with a sad face.

To be honest the only cast member I really liked on the panel were Lynn and Demetria. Jess and Amalia were fine but Taylor and Ashley were annoying. Taylor isn't as bad as Twatiana and Soccer Mom but girl you are getting close and I guess we are more forgiving because you are what 20?
Is Ashley ever not annoying? No wonder her and Taylor get along so well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 07:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I mean she's annoying in a very traditional trying to hard way which is harmless to me. Taylor is annoying in a woke too hard type of way which is fucking toxic. I was bitch....you did not with that book. I mean at least every other pretentious t--- makes an effort to sit in front of a book shelf and you need to search through their reading materials but nah to position one book in frame to draw attention to it. I betting she didn't even read it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 07:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I mean she's annoying in a very traditional trying to hard way which is harmless to me. Taylor is annoying in a woke too hard type of way which is fucking toxic. I was bitch....you did not with that book. I mean at least every other pretentious t--- makes an effort to sit in front of a book shelf and you need to search through their reading materials but nah to position one book in frame to draw attention to it. I betting she didn't even read it.
:rofl: the book was too much, it was too obvious :rofl:

sorry for the OT but who's soccer mom?!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 07:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

chyler leigh (alex from supergirl). there's an anon here who's obsessed with her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 07:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

So Taylor who are you going to listen to, a gay icon who was out in the 80s before you were even born or some 12 year old on tumblr

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 03:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I kind of like the actress who just do their job well and don't make themselves to be heroes. I liked Anna Silk and even though some people find her too much I like Sarah Shahi just because she has a sense of humour about things. I liked Zoie Palmer too. Playing a lesbian doesn't make you a hero or super brave nor does it make you some expert because you have read the press release from Stonewall or some kids twitter feed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 00:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It looked like she had shit written down when she was talking about rep too. Like girl you don’t have to try too hard.
I don't think I can watch any more cast videos except Demetria (who is awesome) and maybe Lynn because it might put me off the show. Shut up Taylor, before I end up hating Raelle too. If she become an NB she can go off and get together with Byron who will also ID as NB at the same time. Scylla can find someone new.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If you are in the U.K., you can now watch all episodes of Fort Salem on BBC iPlayer (they have dropped the “Motherland” from the title for some reason, possibly because there is a BBC comedy series with that name already).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 11:46
If you are in the U.K., you can now watch all episodes of Fort Salem on BBC iPlayer (they have dropped the “Motherland” from the title for some reason, possibly because there is a BBC comedy series with that name already).
I wish they had sold it to Netflix or Prime as this is a bum place to dump it. I'm in the UK and I never watch BBC due to their shit ass news reporting and over the top wokeness. I don't want to give them views.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yikes. So much hate going on. I don’t even know what fucking book you guys are even talking about. Didn’t even notice any book in her view.

Honestly, this is why we can’t have nice things, fandom ruins everything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 13:52
Yikes. So much hate going on. I don’t even know what fucking book you guys are even talking about. Didn’t even notice any book in her view.

This thread is unusually negative and over the top in its opinions and its completely turned me off to posting here and I was a regular back when we all were forced to log in. It’s a shame. I miss the happy lively discussions. Now it’s filled with shit on Taylor, Eliot, the show, etc. annoying.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 14:02
Guest wrote:

This thread is unusually negative and over the top in its opinions and its completely turned me off to posting here and I was a regular back when we all were forced to log in. It’s a shame. I miss the happy lively discussions. Now it’s filled with shit on Taylor, Eliot, the show, etc. annoying.
I’ve only been here for about a month and I definitely recognize those reoccurring themes. It’s sad

Fansp
Reactions: 0

Post by Fansp »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeap, people are not happy....why too much? Or why too little? Both are bad, quite annoying...anyways I do enjoy the show and all their cast members, I’m glad these actresses are talking about representation even if they are not gay

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA, even the people in discord isn't this negative. You can say that's anonymity in play.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 15:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA, even the people in discord isn't this negative. You can say that's anonymity in play.
Taylor is annoying but the rest of the cast are fine. People dislike Ashley but I find her okay.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The panel was underwhelming and some of the actresses lack a bit of charisma.
It is sad their first sdcc was without fans, it is always more fun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 15:15
Demetria was my favourite by far, she seemed more excited to be there. It is a bit dull without fans. I guess its not as exciting to do a web chat. I think Amalia, Jess and Lynn were at dead o'clock timezone although Lynne seemed with it. UO but I kind of like Ashley she seems excited about the show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 15:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Taylor is annoying but the rest of the cast are fine. People dislike Ashley but I find her okay.
Come on, you guys and your reasoning for hating on taylor makes zero sense. So now we are going to hate on her for speaking out and educating herself on the terrible treatment and representation that gay characters go through on screen? I think you are also forgetting the fact that the people on twitter were rabidly calling her out and trying to get her cancelled for not speaking out on the BLM movement earlier on. I assume this played a huge part in why she started being so forward coming with her platforms just to get everyone's approval and be liked. She just can't win huh. Girly has been nothing but sweet to her fans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 15:19
Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 15:15
Demetria was my favourite by far, she seemed more excited to be there. It is a bit dull without fans. I guess its not as exciting to do a web chat. I think Amalia, Jess and Lynn were at dead o'clock timezone although Lynne seemed with it. UO but I kind of like Ashley she seems excited about the show.
Demetria is the best. :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 15:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Come on, you guys and your reasoning for hating on taylor makes zero sense. So now we are going to hate on her for speaking out and educating herself on the terrible treatment and representation that gay characters go through on screen? I think you are also forgetting the fact that the people on twitter were rabidly calling her out and trying to get her cancelled for not speaking out on the BLM movement earlier on. I assume this played a huge part in why she started being so forward coming with her platforms just to get everyone's approval and be liked. She just can't win huh. Girly has been nothing but sweet to her fans.
I mean she did pander to the BLM twitter bullies by having that book in the background which I guess is one way to get them to stop bugging the shit out of you. Not what I would have done but anyway. I'm just kinda bored of straight actress talking about gay issue, I wanted to hear about the character and their relationships. I'm kind of done listening to show runner and actress big-ing themselves up about "representation". I'm not interested in the words, I'm interested in what is on screen. As far as I am concerned that speaks for itself. If its good then you can just talk about those character like any other character/plot on screen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA The NB/TERF tweets and Taylor telling fans to educate themselves on the subject happened before BLM.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 15:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA The NB/TERF tweets and Taylor telling fans to educate themselves on the subject happened before BLM.
What did she say about TERF's? I saw the NB crap. I mean when it comes to BLM, if someone asked me why I wasn't posting I would be like "mind you own business Felicity." She's like the Maslany bint, posts whatever is the trendy "queer" stuff of the moment because people will like it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Educating yourself is good. But educating yourself by reading what twitter or tumblr say is a very bad idea, because people there don't verify their source or the accuracy of what they're parroting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Then stay on Discord or Twitter. This is where the true opinions come out without any sugar coating. Discord is not anonymous. And Twitter is for suckling the actress' titties for their likes then acting like it saved their lives. Each one has their pros and cons so stop trying to police the thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 15:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Then stay on Discord or Twitter. This is where the true opinions come out without any sugar coating. Discord is not anonymous. And Twitter is for suckling the actress' titties for their likes then acting like it saved their lives. Each one has their pros and cons so stop trying to police the thread.
True. I don't mind Taylor that much. She's dumb but she's a kid spending too much time on twitter. She doesn't put me off Raelle. I mean she should be alot worse like Maslay, Leigh or Shreky. To me I wish more actress were a bit more like Caity Lotz, who doesn't think she's a hero for playing gay and can have a bit of laugh about her character. But I get she's not for everyone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyways, I love the cast and I love this show. AI could have watched them for another hour or more just talking about themselves or the characters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 15:40
Anyways, I love the cast and I love this show. AI could have watched them for another hour or more just talking about themselves or the characters.
Me too! I adored the panel and thought it was great to see them talking about their characters. But I especially liked listening to Eliot because it's his view that matters the most given that he's the showrunner. He had a big smile on his face when either Amalia or Taylor (probably Taylor) talked about hoping that Raylla got back together. And I appreciate Taylor's candor in talking about gay representation in the past. I don't care if she's straight. She's a human empathizing with fans who have been burned in the past. And she's young and is putting her passion in fighting what she believes is worthy. Good for her for bringing to light the bury-your-gay trope and admitting that she didn't think it was still a "thing" given her privilege. But BYG is ALWAYS going to be a thing that showrunners and shows should keep in the back of their mind.

In any case, I'm excited about Season 2 and I think this cast is wonderful. God knows, they are one of the least toxic casts out there, which is refreshing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Taylor is that give-me-woke-points millennial that also wants to be cool with zoomers. She performs virtue signalling for the preening praise. She quote tweeted her stans to make sure everyone knew she attended a BLM protest... that used vids sourced from herself. Her black friend had to publicly plead Taylor's stans to stroke her ego when she got the tiniest backlash about posting selfies instead of something about BLM. Making sure she positioned that book for the cameras fits perfectly into what shes shown of her character. :whistle:

It's high key annoying how promotional or self-congratulatory her social justice is but it doesn't affect my view of MFS or Raelle. I don't know how yall are calling her a kid though, isn't she only 2 years younger than Amalia?