Warrior Nun (Netflix)

Reactions:

Warrior Nun (Netflix)

Post by Guest »

From Wikipedia
Synopsis
Warrior Nun revolves around the story of "a 19-year-old woman who wakes up in a morgue with a new lease on life and a divine artifact embedded in her back. She discovers she is now part of an ancient order that has been tasked with fighting demons on Earth, and powerful forces representing both heaven and hell want to find and control her."

Cast
Alba Baptista as Ava Silva
Toya Turner as Sister Mary / Shotgun Mary
Thekla Reuten as Jillian Salvius
Lorena Andrea as Sister Lilith
Kristina Tonteri-Young as Sister Beatrice
Tristan Ulloa as Father Vincent
Olivia Delcán as Sister Camila

I can't find a topic on this show yet so here it is. They're some pretty gay stuff going on and well they're badass.

https://landsofwinter.tumblr.com/post/6 ... your-honor

There's a lot more but my internet speed is trying my patience.

Reactions:

Re: Warrior Nun on Netflix

Post by Guest »

Yay, I was gonna make a thread but then was like I'd need to think of a summary and find gifs and I don't want to do that. From the Netflix and Lesbian TV Shows threads, seems like a number of people have already discovered and liked it, though fair warning, a lot of people dislike Ava at first, there is a m/f romance at first, and there are voiceovers at first. And then halfway through most of that goes away and it gets a lot better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 06:46
Yay, I was gonna make a thread but then was like I'd need to think of a summary and find gifs and I don't want to do that. From the Netflix and Lesbian TV Shows threads, seems like a number of people have already discovered and liked it, though fair warning, a lot of people dislike Ava at first, there is a m/f romance at first, and there are voiceovers at first. And then halfway through most of that goes away and it gets a lot better.
Yeah, i didn't understand the dislike and to me the romance seems like it was just Ava exploring things. Ep 1 to 2 was pretty slow.

I just saw on twitter that the creator himself confirmed that Sister Beatrice is a Lesbian. I should have created the thread using my account so I'd have the option to edit it in.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The creator confirmed that she’s gay? I need to tell my friend. But first... where’s that tweet?

eclipse
Reactions: 13

Post by eclipse »

Guest wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 08:09
Guest wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 06:46
Yeah, i didn't understand the dislike and to me the romance seems like it was just Ava exploring things. Ep 1 to 2 was pretty slow.

I just saw on twitter that the creator himself confirmed that Sister Beatrice is a Lesbian. I should have created the thread using my account so I'd have the option to edit it in.
And confirmed Beatrice has feelings for Ava :whistle:

I wish people wouldn't get their hopes up too much but it's kind of hard not to when they're asking people what the ship name should be

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know this is about warrior nun but alba baptita isnt unfamiliar with playing wlw.
In Portugal she made a show called Filha da Lei and she got involved with a girl, some scenes where pretty interesting
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oYDb8ECMQJY/ ... 17-010.jpg

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 13:59
I know this is about warrior nun but alba baptita isnt unfamiliar with playing wlw.
In Portugal she made a show called Filha da Lei and she got involved with a girl, some scenes where pretty interesting
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oYDb8ECMQJY/ ... 17-010.jpg

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Crambs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m only on episode 4 :dramaqueen:

rthansen
Reactions: 2

Post by rthansen »

Guest wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 12:50
The creator confirmed that she’s gay? I need to tell my friend. But first... where’s that tweet?
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

rthansen wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 14:38
Guest wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 12:50
Thank you

krim_
Reactions: 3

Post by krim_ »

First time watching this trailer and A palé was a nice surprise :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thank you, wonderful woman who opened the thread.
I am her, the one that loves sister Beatrice the most!!

Wait, how come someone has doubts she's a lesbian? I thought it was made pretty obvious in the show.

And I think it was supposed to be hinted at way before ep 8, when they (her and Ava I think) have that short conversation about reasons one might join the church or something like that. I have to rewatch that!

Anyway, Beatrice is the strongest, the most beautiful and the most everything of them all :$

krim_

Post by krim_ »

Guest wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 18:02
The lies!! =_= :P
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

krim_ wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 18:24
Guest wrote:
I'm genuinely very happy she's liked so much by many others, to be honest.
She deserves all the love. What a great character. Hopefully S2 will get us much more of her. :$

eclipse

Post by eclipse »

Guest wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 18:27
krim_ wrote:
Guest wrote:
She deserves all the love. What a great character. Hopefully S2 will get us much more of her. :$
Same. I'm glad overall with how she and the other girls have been received. Shocked actually that it has been getting so much attention on twitter etc.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Whay surprised me the most is how much I loved the show!
After watching the trailer I was expecting something like Motherland (enjoyable but pretty trashy) but Warrior Nun is very different. And it gets better and better after the first episodes...
I got genuinely interested in the plot, ALL the characters were pretty unique and interesting (Mother Superion is super cool!) and...yeah, the show really exceeded my expectations.
Of course what hit the most was having my favorite character turn out being a lesbian. It basically never happens!!!!!!! But it did! Still can't believe it. She's beautiful and strong and a lesbian!! :$ :dance2:

krim_

Post by krim_ »

eclipse wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 19:03
Guest wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 18:27
krim_ wrote:

Same. I'm glad overall with how she and the other girls have been received. Shocked actually that it has been getting so much attention on twitter etc.
Really? Great news then! I hope more people give it a chance, I sure as hell wasn't expecting to love nuns as much as I do now :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Where can I find some high quality Sister Beatrice gifs?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 04:19
I'd like to know!
We need more of her on the thread!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m on episode 8 now. Seems like everyone has a crush on Beatrice.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lilith :$
This was better than I expected .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 01:24
Doesn't she deserve all the crushes in the world? :$
How are you liking the show so far?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 02:27
A Lilith fan. I mean, they're all pretty great. I even like Ava, though I agree she can be pretty annoying.
Anyway

Parker
Reactions: 19

Post by Parker »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 02:27
I'm feeling Lilith too, so misunderstood. Love her moment at the end with Mary.
Really hope there's a S2.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yeah there were some really and casual fun moments I really appreciated.
There must be a S2!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I watched it in one go a couple days ago since all my series are going to air in the next months and Netflix kept suggesting it to me. Had sub zero expectations and almost gave up mid ep 2 but I ended up liking it. Ava and Beatriz are my fav characters for very different reasons and the fighting scenes/cgi are ok enough. Only thing I didn't like was Mary (?), the Black chick actress, she tríes too hard and seems overacted.

I am glad that it's having some sort of buzz in social media, after watching it I already made my peace that there won't be a season 2.

Also it rubbed me the wrong way that all the characters were speaking english when they are in Spain.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if they thought it would be more easily accessible, in English.
I mean, part of the cast isn't primary English speaking so they could've done it differently, so they purposely chose this.
Dunno but I get how it could feel weird.

Anyway I'm seeing it's a pattern that people go in without expecting anything and end up being suprised :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 07:57
I watched it in one go a couple days ago since all my series are going to air in the next months and Netflix kept suggesting it to me. Had sub zero expectations and almost gave up mid ep 2 but I ended up liking it. Ava and Beatriz are my fav characters for very different reasons and the fighting scenes/cgi are ok enough. Only thing I didn't like was Mary (?), the Black chick actress, she tríes too hard and seems overacted.

I am glad that it's having some sort of buzz in social media, after watching it I already made my peace that there won't be a season 2.

Also it rubbed me the wrong way that all the characters were speaking english when they are in Spain.
Actually to be honest, the accents kept throwing me out and I kept watching their lips waiting for the desynchronise of a dub. It seems a stupid choice not to force them into one uniform accent. Beatrice can keep her English accent :wub: This show made me realise why having a cast of multiple accents don’t work. You keep thinking it’s a foreign film that’s been dubbed as a viewer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 06:40
Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 01:24
Doesn't she deserve all the crushes in the world? :$
How are you liking the show so far?
Yes, she deserves all the crushes in the world.

I like it and I hope there’s a second season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 11:16
Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 07:57

Actually to be honest, the accents kept throwing me out and I kept watching their lips waiting for the desynchronise of a dub. It seems a stupid choice not to force them into one uniform accent. Beatrice can keep her English accent :wub: This show made me realise why having a cast of multiple accents don’t work. You keep thinking it’s a foreign film that’s been dubbed as a viewer.
Really? It just seemed like a bunch of people from different places to me. A dub would make it more uniform if anything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just found out from the l00 thread that it’s Alba’s birthday today.

eclipse

Post by eclipse »

Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 04:19
Tumblr, in the warrior nun tag

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 14:03
I just found out from the l00 thread that it’s Alba’s birthday today.
Happy Birthday to her! She was great in portraying Ava!
Annoying but lovable, at least for me.

She's 23 but she could easily look like 16! She looks very young!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I actually like Ava character since the beginning lol

Image43.gif

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope we have season 2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 16:43
I actually like Ava character since the beginning lol

She's so beautiful :$ :$

krim_

Post by krim_ »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 16:45
I hope we have season 2

They are so badass, I love them :heart: :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 01:29

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m wondering why someone like Crimson (the psycho nun) bothered to become a nun. :lol: Won’t she have more fun bullying people if she only had a regular life?

Anon12312312
Reactions:

Post by Anon12312312 »

To native English speakers, I know Alba (Ava) main language is not English and I am curious to know what did you guys think of her accent?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anon12312312 wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 15:22
To native English speakers, I know Alba (Ava) main language is not English and I am curious to know what did you guys think of her accent?
It sounded pretty European.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As an Italian, I loved the parts where they spoke Italian.
M. Superion was splendid, but then again, she is partly Italian I think.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any update on the renewal?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 16:18
Ain't it too early for that?

I was checking the top 10 in my country since I had a bit of time off yesterday and was surprised to see this show was at 5 or 6 considering that it's always full of spanish speaking series or murder documentals or super popular Netflix originals. I am now curious to know If it has been in the top 10 of y'all countries?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 17:10
Guest wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 16:18
Ain't it too early for that?

I was checking the top 10 in my country since I had a bit of time off yesterday and was surprised to see this show was at 5 or 6 considering that it's always full of spanish speaking series or murder documentals or super popular Netflix originals. I am now curious to know If it has been in the top 10 of y'all countries?
It’s been top 10 in USA since it’s debut. Don’t worry it’s definitely getting renewed. Even similar shows like The Order have dropped from the top 10 since then. I’m pleasantly surprised by its staying power.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can’t wait for season 2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 15:27
Anon12312312 wrote:
Alba is portuguese but i dont know about the others

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 19:51
Guest wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 15:27
Anon12312312 wrote:
Alba is portuguese but i dont know about the others
I thought she was American until I looked up where she’s from. If she has an accent speaking English, I couldn’t hear it!