US Women's Soccer Part XVI: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer Part XVI: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Savoie wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 23:28

Would this benefit the USWNT? Macario maybe, if she’s dual?
Why is Sunil there? Why is FIFA telling him things and not the Fed?

cache
Veteran
Reactions: 79

Post by cache »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 20:15
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 20:13
element wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 19:59
They’re going to scout the tournament.

I highly doubt someone is going to get called up based on a four week performance. Maybe seeing how the rookies do?
They can get called up for camp but actually making roster i highly doubt it. Especially over some players
It's probably more to evaluate the players on the bubble- like Pugh, Moe, Queen Allie Long, etc

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 02:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 20:13

I highly doubt someone is going to get called up based on a four week performance. Maybe seeing how the rookies do?
They can get called up for camp but actually making roster i highly doubt it. Especially over some players
It's probably more to evaluate the players on the bubble- like Pugh, Moe, Queen Allie Long, etc
When did Pugh become bubble player. Like i know she has and she was left off the qualifying roster and played all of 10 min for sbc but it’s crazy how year ago Jill ranked her higher than Press at times

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 03:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

When did Pugh become bubble player. Like i know she has and she was left off the qualifying roster and played all of 10 min for sbc but it’s crazy how year ago Jill ranked her higher than Press at times
I think you answered yourself by including the word “Jill.” I know she was a winning coach, blah blah blah but she ran our players into the ground and had a rigid system that only benefited certain players that fit into her system. I still believe our team would have won with any coach. As for Pugh, lately she just kind of stagnated in her play. I still think she has potential.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Jill also used to start Allie Long at CB. So I wouldn’t put any considerations to her ranking of players. Pugh hasn’t been very good since her injury. And by not very good I mean, bad, bubble player status only because of her name, wouldn’t even be on the bubble of she wasn’t Mal Pugh. A lot of players go through bad spells, but can usually recover. She’s not been playing well for a while though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 03:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think you answered yourself by including the word “Jill.” I know she was a winning coach, blah blah blah but she ran our players into the ground and had a rigid system that only benefited certain players that fit into her system. I still believe our team would have won with any coach. As for Pugh, lately she just kind of stagnated in her play. I still think she has potential.
Absolutely she’s so young. But also it worth mentioning some players just peak early and than that’s it you know and in some cases that’s enough but more often it’s not and they are labeled as bust. I don’t think it will happen with Pugh. Also completely agree about Jill point and i will also add that she ran Pinoe into the ground whatever soccer she had left in her after WC Jill literally exhausted it during WC and i don’t think it was necessary. She could’ve managed her better. Recently rewatched that France Quater final game and you could tell Pinoe gave her all in that game like both mentally and physically. She sat out Semis and than Finals she scores PK but wasn’t really good overall during the game.

cache
Veteran

Post by cache »

Kickin' Back with Jamia Fields
Houston Dash forward Jamia Fields joins the Kickin' Back pod to discuss racism and being a Black player in the National Women's Soccer League.

Jamia and Dash teammates recently participated in a protest in downtown Houston, the hometown of George Floyd, the 46-year-old Black man who was killed by police in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on May 25. Jamia shares that now, at age 26, she is just starting to have conversations about race outside of her family.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/k ... 0477842340

cache
Veteran

Post by cache »

Episode 38: Crystal Dunn and Jessica McDonald
USWNT World Cup champions and North Carolina Courage teammates Crystal Dunn and Jessica McDonald return to Laughter Permitted to talk about racial injustice in the U.S., their own experiences with racism and what it's like being black women in this country.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/e ... 0477775802

cache
Veteran

Post by cache »

Rookie Thorns forward Morgan Weaver | Breaking Lines
Drafted by the Thorns. Beginning her professional career. Finishing her college courses. Preparing for the NWSL. Life has come pretty fast for Morgan Weaver, the second overall pick in January's NWSL College Draft, and that's not even considering that much of that life has taken place amid a global pandemic.

On this episode of Breaking Lines, the former Washington State Cougar talks about her new life in Portland, living with another Thorn who has relocated from up north, the importance of lighting in your iPhone photos and why Mark Parsons and Nadine Angerer have made her laugh during her first months as a pro.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/r ... 0477797200

cache
Veteran

Post by cache »

54. The Ladyballer's Guide to Life by SoccerGrlProbs
We wrote A BOOK (well, a second one! We decided to extend our College Soccer Survival Guide and talk about all things being a Ladyballer! In this book you will find pages of positive, helpful, hilarious and empowering advice about living the life of a ladyballer! On this week's podcast, we give a sneak peak to our book and read an excerpt from our chapter about Social Life!

Featuring hilarious and heartfelt experiences, plus tips on training, nutrition, motivation, balancing soccer with a social life, and choosing the right college, this book is for the girls with bruises, turf burns, and weird tan lines who always find themselves saying, "I can't, I have soccer!"

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/5 ... 0477686591

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Unclear which game is on tv, but it does look like CBS will do a half hour pre game show going by this picture

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 20:54

Unclear which game is on tv, but it does look like CBS will do a half hour pre game show going by this picture
Do we know what timezone this is?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 21:04
Guest wrote:
https://twitter.com/shunasassi2/status/1272257567687925760?s=21
Do we know what timezone this is?
Looks to be eastern, so an 11 am kick in Utah

watching the games alone
Reactions:

Post by watching the games alone »

uh everyone is on the discord site, just wish i could talk the games with other likeminded people when the tournament starts but I don't think i'll find a way to join discord yet before that since i don't understand anything about technical stuff. at least there's still twitter and tumblr

dadou
Reactions: 234

Post by dadou »

watching the games alone wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 22:29
uh everyone is on the discord site, just wish i could talk the games with other likeminded people when the tournament starts but I don't think i'll find a way to join discord yet before that since i don't understand anything about technical stuff. at least there's still twitter and tumblr
I expect it will be more busy when the games come back, its kind of normal for now to be slow since we dont have much to talk about .
:tinfoil:

watching the games alone
Reactions:

Post by watching the games alone »

dadou wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 22:32
watching the games alone wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 22:29
I expect it will be more busy when the games come back, its kind of normal for now to be slow since we dont have much to talk about .
All the people who talk about the technical stuff are on discord btw there's a message about this issue on the discord thread.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:

I just checked and it will be showed in Canada as well ,so happy about that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 14:04
What’s the point of the stripes not lining up?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 14:22
Guest wrote:
Its part of Nike's "digital" collection.

Their new away kit is just a white shirt, Its a shame because I thought last years away was great.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wooo. Those are some of the most basic looking jerseys ever. That didn’t take much effort.

element
Reactions: 12

Post by element »

NC new kit, kind of bland. Looks like a training jersey.

1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

element wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 14:41
NC new kit, kind of bland. Looks like a training jersey.

I honestly can't even tell that these are new lol

Las
Reactions: 2

Post by Las »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Renovations Unveiled for Orlando Pride Training Ground at Sylvan Lake Park
https://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2020 ... -lake-park

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 14:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Its part of Nike's "digital" collection.

Their new away kit is just a white shirt, Its a shame because I thought last years away was great.
Well Thorns fans at least you won at Jerseys against courage 😆

cache
Veteran

Post by cache »

cache
Veteran

Post by cache »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Pugh training with sky blue. I know we saw her and that she's there but we haven't really seen her training with the team. That one time she wasn't even training she was just standing on the sideline.

dadou

Post by dadou »

I dont cares who wins the tournament but I just want Sky blue to show improvement these girls deserved everything.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kit News
Chicago: Released New Away
Houston: Released New Home and Away
NC: Released New Home and Away
Orlando: Released New Away
Portland: Released New Home and Away
Reign: New Home and Away - No Date Announced just before the Cup
Sky Blue: New(not sure what one or both) - No Date Announced
Utah: New Home - Release on 6/17
Washington: New Home - Not Date Announced

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
To represent how many shots they have to take before actually scoring

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

we have the first injury of the challenge cup with caprice dydasco tearing her acl in team training