A reboot of Charmed is in the works at CBS

myka4hg
Reactions: 45

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
myka4hg wrote:So we got Abby & Mel flirting a wee bit in ep16. I hope a potential pairing here doesn't get scuppered by coronavirus. :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
I ship them but i don't think they will go there.... :-/
I think they might.
Macy has Harry.
Maggie has Jordan.
Harry is a main character & Jordan is a regular.
Mel with Abby would show equal treatment of the f/f if couple if she gets to date a regular.
There has been very subtle build up too.

The only thing which might scupper it is if they cut episodes, which I think has already been decided, due to covid-19. If they don't film the episodes, which might have shippy content & if Poppy Drayton decides not to stick around then we won't see it continued in s3.

Laura
Reactions: 0

Post by Laura »

Anything interesting yesterday? :-/

myka4hg

Post by myka4hg »

Laura wrote:Anything interesting yesterday?  :-/
Yep, more Mel/Abby bonding. They went on a mission together. :heart:

PoshMeerkat

Post by PoshMeerkat »

This show needs less Harry, and more of this.

x

Laura

Post by Laura »

Did you watch the last episode?
What happened??

myka4hg

Post by myka4hg »

Laura wrote:Did you watch the last episode?
What happened??
Nothing's happened. Abby wasn't in last 2 episodes. Ruby was in finale but they kind of broke up. Obviously 3 more episodes were planned but postponed/cancelled due to Coronavirus lockdown. So we've been left hanging. We'll just need to wait for season 3 to see how things pan out. Hopefully they manage to retain their recurring cast members... but who knows.

Laura

Post by Laura »

myka4hg wrote:
Laura wrote:Did you watch the last episode?
What happened??
Nothing's happened. Abby wasn't in last 2 episodes. Ruby was in finale but they kind of broke up. Obviously 3 more episodes were planned but postponed/cancelled due to Coronavirus lockdown. So we've been left hanging. We'll just need to wait for season 3 to see how things pan out. Hopefully they manage to retain their recurring cast members... but who knows.
Thank you!

Reactions:

Re: A Reboot Of Charmed Is In The Works At Cbs

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 20:22
https://deadline.com/2020/11/j-j-hawkin ... 234616731/
trans person in new season
And I'm done.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 20:22
https://deadline.com/2020/11/j-j-hawkin ... 234616731/
trans person in new season
I mean...good for them?? Doesn't really matter since i stopped watching after season 1.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not that anyone seems to be watching, since silence these first 3 eps.
This 3rd episode they played the someone is going to die, while pairing Macy & Harry, Maggie & Jordan, and Mel & Abi . foreshadowing, mebbie? Although, they of course also set her right back up to be antagonist, so should be plenty of Abi.
No sign of J.J. yet, but based on the description of that linked article, I don't know why anyone cares one way or the other. I find it unlikely they're going to be a romance with Macy (even though Macy can't be with Harry) or Maggie (though if they're going there, she's the most available). Mel's already got Ruby \ Abi brewing and J.J. presumably is playing a man, not an NB & definitely not a woman.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 08:26
This 3rd episode they played the someone is going to die, while pairing Macy & Harry, Maggie & Jordan, and Mel & Abi . foreshadowing, mebbie? Although, they of course also set her right back up to be antagonist, so should be plenty of Abi.
No sign of J.J. yet, but based on the description of that linked article, I don't know why anyone cares one way or the other. I find it unlikely they're going to be a romance with Macy (even though Macy can't be with Harry) or Maggie (though if they're going there, she's the most available). Mel's already got Ruby \ Abi brewing and J.J. presumably is playing a man, not an NB & definitely not a woman.
Season 3 is better than season 2?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 11:16
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 08:26
Season 3 is better than season 2?
Looks to be much better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just caught up and I feel pretty meh about it.

I had so much hope for this reboot seeing as I loved the original Charmed but idk, they seem to have sucked all the fun out of it.

Old Charmed never took itself too seriously, they really leaned into the supernatural and how ridiculous and intrusive it could get with their regular lives and while this show explored that, I feel like it’s mostly just a show about 3 sisters and the magic tends to be an after thought. There’s just something so practical about how they explore it that makes it unexciting.

The supernatural element just isn’t a good as it could be, and this is a personal gripe, and might be an unpopular opinion, but if they were going to go all girl power, why not give them a female white-lighter? I was looking forward to them recreating a Piper/Leo dynamic with a woman, I actually hoped the lesbian would be the one to have that forbidden love thing with the white lighter but that’s not where they went with it. Too bad, could have added a whole new layer to the dynamic and would have been really interesting to explore.

Speaking of lesbians: Mel, does anyone else think she can’t act? Her line delivery always takes me out of emotional moments and the other sisters are good but even they can’t help her. I’ve liked her love interests so far and that the show doesn’t shy away from sexuality but as a character, she’s pretty grating. I liked her best with Jada, she was cool and there was potential there—another missed opportunity, I think.

Out of all of them, Macy is my favorite and I would have liked for them to go there with her and Abby—their chemistry was crazy! But they saddled her with old man Harry. Boring.

Maggie’s cute and I love how earnest she is m, honestly their sisterhood is the best part of the show but as a witchy show it doesn’t work for me.

Season one seemed to be going somewhere but after the relocation, they totally lost the plot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So the Abby thing is gonna happen after all. I'm liking their dynamic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i love abbey, honestly she’s the most interesting part. i also liked abbey and macy, but it seems like they’re setting up abbey and mel as some forbidden love kind of thing. idk, i just don’t see it on mel’s side. i know tv shows only like to have on one gay couple at a time, and that macy is with harry, but they had so much chemistry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't like Abby and miss season 1 :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 08:47
I don't like Abby and miss season 1 :unsure:
Me too. I don’t even know where they’re going with this season, it’s so scattered. And I don’t care about Harry at all, I’m tired of him.

TrippleStar
Reactions: 19

Post by TrippleStar »

Why did they change the show after season one? I really liked it. But even with the season 2 changes, I still bought in enough to be entertained. Now it seems season 3 they gave lost their minds and don't know what a plot looks like or sounds like. Mel has no story to speak of. And fine do the trans story about Mel' s student. But the trans student and now a trans cousin they never knew about from Peurto Rico because their mother never told any of them she was Puerto Rican....complete with all the heavy handed messaging. Like come the hell on. I really want to watch for Abby and Mel cause part of me thinks that is happening. But the story is all over the place right now. It is not worth it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Haven't watched since the first es of s2, does Mel habe another LI yet? (Besides possibly Abby)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TrippleStar wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 16:27
Why did they change the show after season one? I really liked it. But even with the season 2 changes, I still bought in enough to be entertained. Now it seems season 3 they gave lost their minds and don't know what a plot looks like or sounds like. Mel has no story to speak of. And fine do the trans story about Mel' s student. But the trans student and now a trans cousin they never knew about from Peurto Rico because their mother never told any of them she was Puerto Rican....complete with all the heavy handed messaging. Like come the hell on. I really want to watch for Abby and Mel cause part of me thinks that is happening. But the story is all over the place right now. It is not worth it.
I completely agree with you...season 3 is a mess!
If this show was on another network, they would have canceled. Really bad writing and they have lost it, every story is weird and very boring, without suspense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 20:47
TrippleStar wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 16:27
I completely agree with you...season 3 is a mess!
If this show was on another network, they would have canceled it. Really bad writing and they have lost it, every story is weird and very boring, without suspense.

TrippleStar

Post by TrippleStar »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 20:37
Haven't watched since the first es of s2, does Mel habe another LI yet? (Besides possibly Abby)
Some girl named Ruby. But like I said story is all over the place. Right when I started liking them, writers dropped the ball and went in a completely diff direction without resolving anything. I have no idea if Mel and Ruby are still together or not. The way they have been doing the episodes, the show starts un the middle of a brand new plot half the time without explaining how they got there until mid way through the episode. Anyway they are baiting Mel and Abby heavily now which either means they are going there, or they will drop it entirely without any explanation. And then introduce Maggie' s long lost twin brother who their mother never spoke of and secretly gave up for adoption because his presence would have nullified the "Power of Three". Jesus, they have ruined the show so much that even my attempts at being comically over the top seem plausible.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TrippleStar wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 17:32
Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 20:37
Some girl named Ruby. But like I said story is all over the place. Right when I started liking them, writers dropped the ball and went in a completely diff direction without resolving anything. I have no idea if Mel and Ruby are still together or not. The way they have been doing the episodes, the show starts un the middle of a brand new plot half the time without explaining how they got there until mid way through the episode. Anyway they are baiting Mel and Abby heavily now which either means they are going there, or they will drop it entirely without any explanation. And then introduce Maggie' s long lost twin brother who their mother never spoke of and secretly gave up for adoption because his presence would have nullified the "Power of Three". Jesus, they have ruined the show so much that even my attempts at being comically over the top seem plausible.
Gave up on the show after 2 episodes of this season. It’s not gay enough to suffer from their crap writing. And I actually believed you about Maggie’s brother because the show pulls so much crap from the sky, that could be a thing lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did anyone catch the latest episode? Abi confessed to having feelings for Mel while under truth serum. So it seems like they are going for it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 May 2021, 11:02
Did anyone catch the latest episode? Abi confessed to having feelings for Mel while under truth serum. So it seems like they are going for it.
Yea but Ruby is still there, so it could be just a long ass bait like what they did with Jordan and Maggie, I don’t trust these writers

Reactions:

Re:

Post by Guest »

PoshMeerkat wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 22:30

x
I just checked out this thread having never watched this show but seeing this... should I? :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 May 2021, 11:13
Guest wrote:
Yea but Ruby is still there, so it could be just a long ass bait like what they did with Jordan and Maggie, I don’t trust these writers
Yeah, I forgot Mel had a girlfriend. The writers suck. They could have made this into such a better storyline. With just a few more conversations and some longing looks. Instead they give too much screen time to Harry.

What do you mean about Jordan and Maggie? I skip quite a lot of scenes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 May 2021, 12:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah, I forgot Mel had a girlfriend. The writers suck. They could have made this into such a better storyline. With just a few more conversations and some longing looks. Instead they give too much screen time to Harry.

Right when Maggie wanna confess her feelings, Jordan said he’s gonna leave town because the magic world was too much. I don’t ship them but it’s been ages since they had a thing, everything said they were gonna be an item but the writers just wrote him off, it was a huge bait, so there’s no way I would trust these writers not to do the same about Abby and Mel, they only loved the good old boring Macy and Harry.

Reactions:

Re: Re:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 May 2021, 11:43
PoshMeerkat wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 22:30

x
I just checked out this thread having never watched this show but seeing this... should I? :$
:rageblush: Poppy Drayton?! Why can't she have wlw scene with Ivana Baquero instead of ends up being a tree

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 May 2021, 12:34
Guest wrote:
23 May 2021, 12:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Right when Maggie wanna confess her feelings, Jordan said he’s gonna leave town because the magic world was too much. I don’t ship them but it’s been ages since they had a thing, everything said they were gonna be an item but the writers just wrote him off, it was a huge bait, so there’s no way I would trust these writers not to do the same about Abby and Mel, they only loved the good old boring Macy and Harry.
I hate Harry and Macy so much. She was my favorite until they saddled her with that old man. Now she’s all about him and is extremely boring.

TrippleStar

Post by TrippleStar »

Mel and Abby will only happen if by some miracle/curse this wreck of a show gets a 4th season. But it was sweet that they at least finally acknowledged it instead of all the baiting without anyone saying anything.

Maggie: Why did you save Mel so many times
Abby: Because I care for her deeply and if there's any chance she might feel the same way, I have to try...

ETA: I pray to all the holy deities that the actress playing Ruby has found a better use of her talents. They completely wasted her. And I liked her. But it is ever so clear that yet again, the writers have dropped that story without proper resolution. Sure next season will be Mel with Ruby but having secret feelings for Abby that she tries to hide because Abby = bad. Ugh, all this reminded me that Mel was with someone else in season 2 (I forget her name). They dropped that too even though I felt like they had chemistry. Ugh, this show.

But, if they actually give us Mel and Abby, not gonna lie. I will forgive most of the stupid that has happened.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TrippleStar wrote:
24 May 2021, 12:21
Mel and Abby will only happen if by some miracle/curse this wreck of a show gets a 4th season. But it was sweet that they at least finally acknowledged it instead of all the baiting without anyone saying anything.

Abby: Because I care for her deeply and if there's any chance she might feel the same way, I have to try...

ETA: I pray to all the holy deities that the actress playing Ruby has found a better use of her talents. They completely wasted her. And I liked her. But it is ever so clear that yet again, the writers have dropped that story without proper resolution. Sure next season will be Mel with Ruby but having secret feelings for Abby that she tries to hide because Abby = bad. Ugh, all this reminded me that Mel was with someone else in season 2 (I forget her name). They dropped that too even though I felt like they had chemistry. Ugh, this show.

But, if they actually give us Mel and Abby, not gonna lie. I will forgive most of the stupid that has happened.
If Mel and Abby happen, I might watch again. It’ll be the most interesting thing to happen in 3 seasons. And I agree, Ruby is a great actress and I liked how she and Mel began but the writers absolutely no effort into creating any real sort of lasting relationship for them. I hope she gets something better. The CW isn’t really the place you want to make your home unless you’re playing a superhero anyway.

And no one really has a great love story but Mel’s get dropped so quickly. With Nico the actress got another show but Jada, who I thought had potential just kind of faded, and then Kat, the witch Mel met at Safe Space got sent to a mental institution? I think? They find all sorts of reasons. At least if Abby and Mel get together there won’t be able to write her off in some contrived manner.

Reactions:

Re: Re:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 May 2021, 13:13

:rageblush: Poppy Drayton?! Why can't she have wlw scene with Ivana Baquero instead of ends up being a tree
The most ridiculous ending I have ever seen. That pool scene between them was 😘

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TrippleStar wrote:

Fyi this show has already been renewed for season 4 in February

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2021, 14:38
TrippleStar wrote:

DA And the Abby actress is leaving

TrippleStar

Post by TrippleStar »

Guest wrote:
TrippleStar wrote:

Welp, if they don't deliver on the Me/Abby front, I'm done.

TrippleStar

Post by TrippleStar »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2021, 14:45
Guest wrote:
TrippleStar wrote:

So far that is all based on BTS photos posted by the crew saying how kind she is and it was her last day and how sweet it was she got them gifts. I'm not saying it's not true cause I mean it seems obvious now the way they are wrapping up all her loose ends. Heck she even promised to give Macy her demon powers back. I guess I'm just being optimistic because there is no news source that I can find. A similar thing happened with Chantal Thuy at the end of season 2 of BL when she tweeted something that sounded like goodbye. And same for Sara Ramirez when someone posted about her buying lunch for the Grey's crew during like season 8 I think.

Also, why start the Mel Abby thing if they knew they were going to write off the actress? This show is too chaotic to get invested. Nothing lasts.

But if she is leaving, she's a great actress so I hope it's for a bigger project.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TrippleStar wrote:
24 May 2021, 23:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
TrippleStar wrote:

So far that is all based on BTS photos posted by the crew saying how kind she is and it was her last day and how sweet it was she got them gifts. I'm not saying it's not true cause I mean it seems obvious now the way they are wrapping up all her loose ends. Heck she even promised to give Macy her demon powers back. I guess I'm just being optimistic because there is no news source that I can find. A similar thing happened with Chantal Thuy at the end of season 2 of BL when she tweeted something that sounded like goodbye. And same for Sara Ramirez when someone posted about her buying lunch for the Grey's crew during like season 8 I think.

Also, why start the Mel Abby thing if they knew they were going to write off the actress? This show is too chaotic to get invested. Nothing lasts.

But if she is leaving, she's a great actress so I hope it's for a bigger project.
Her next project should be her playing a proper lesbian in a good show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2021, 08:45
TrippleStar wrote:
24 May 2021, 23:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
TrippleStar wrote:

Her next project should be her playing a proper lesbian in a good show.
She would be really good!

TrippleStar

Post by TrippleStar »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TrippleStar wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 09:01
Wait what? I'm pretty much tapped out until I know they go there with Mel/Abby, but are you saying

Guest.
Reactions:

Post by Guest. »

TrippleStar wrote:
Yes the actress is pregnant.

TrippleStar

Post by TrippleStar »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 09:34
TrippleStar wrote:
Wait what? I'm pretty much tapped out until I know they go there with Mel/Abby, but are you saying
Sincerely, if Poppey is leaving the show, can they just end this mess already?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
TrippleStar wrote:

TrippleStar

Post by TrippleStar »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 16:49
Guest wrote:
TrippleStar wrote:
That would possibly make all this worth it. But IDK. Still mad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I swear, you could have 10 female characters in a show and its the one playing the lesbian who gets pregnant time and time again. :nervous: :lol:

errr
Reactions:

Post by errr »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 18:39
I swear, you could have 10 female characters in a show and its the one playing the lesbian who gets pregnant time and time again. :nervous: :lol:
I only follow the show on twitter. And just occasionally at best because the writing is so bad and the characters are so unlikeable. I heard about Abby leaving so them wasting her last episodes like that is just horrible. Then I read that Mel is pregnant and I thought wtf did I miss. The season is almost over right? They could've just left the actress' pregnancy out for good. This whole reboot is such a mess. And the way they treat the lesbian character has always been a joke. And now we get the pregnancy trope again. Gotta admit it, I did not see that one coming. :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has it been implied that Abby has feeling for Mel yet? I haven't watched in forever.

guest.
Reactions:

Post by guest. »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 19:48
Has it been implied that Abby has feeling for Mel yet? I haven't watched in forever.
That one has actually been made pretty clear by now. Usually I would be excited about that but not when it's confirmed the actress won't return next season. Watch her sacrifice herself for Mel or something and that's it.