Tatiana Maslany

GUEST_USER
Reactions: 18

Post by GUEST_USER »

Is there a Tatiana Maslany thread here? If not crazy@! Here it is.

Originally posted on 2013-09-07 18:04:00

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone else always confused as hell about her sexuality?
I know she has a long term boyfriend, but she's always liking LGBT stuff on Twitter/insta, and not just the usual gay male stuff like most straight girls do, but a lot of lesbian stuff. Even today she followed an insta account called "andro.nation" which is just pics of androgynous lesbians and their girlfriends. I mean... what straight girl does that? And don't even get me started on how she looks nowadays...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think she's just an open-minded liberal straight woman. Wouldn't matter either way since she would be way more into dudes anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I think she's just an open-minded liberal straight woman. Wouldn't matter either way since she would be way more into dudes anyway.
Yeah but to follow that andro.nation account seems like more than just being supportive (and she also liked a pic today from an old movie of two women kissing) Come on... she's gotta be at least curious.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I think she's just an open-minded liberal straight woman. Wouldn't matter either way since she would be way more into dudes anyway.
Yeah but to follow that andro.nation account seems like more than just being supportive (and she also liked a pic today from an old movie of two women kissing) Come on... she's gotta be at least curious.
DA. I think the point remains that it wouldn't matter. She might just be all about human rights, and the "aesthetic" that speaks most strongly to her about that is lgbtq+. Or she (and her bf) could be queer, but the point is that they seem to be oriented to just each other. So it means nothing, but it's nice to think she didn't resent having played a queer TV role that generated lots of "shippers", many of whom lived on tumblr haha.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has she split from Tom Cullen? She's no longer following him on insta. Unless I've just got a glitch.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Has she split from Tom Cullen? She's no longer following him on insta. Unless I've just got a glitch.
why would u think this? all her pics w/ her bf are still up on insta so I doubt it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Has she split from Tom Cullen? She's no longer following him on insta. Unless I've just got a glitch.
why would u think this? all her pics w/ her bf are still up on insta so I doubt it
DA Not everyone goes through the trouble of deleting every single pic with their ex

Is Tom still following her?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA Not everyone goes through the trouble of deleting every single pic with their ex

He is not following her on insta.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

He is not following her on insta.
oh shit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Could be a glitch, I guess time will tell.

She looks like a full on dyke these days, honestly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Could be a glitch, I guess time will tell.

forreal lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

forreal lol
She morphed into Alia Shawkat!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

forreal lol
She once chose Alia when asked who should play her in a biopic, lol.

If she did split with her bf they'll probably get back together. Oh instagram.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Could be just a weird coincidence but today Briana Venskus posted a pic of her and Tatiana that Tatiana liked, didn't think anything of it. So out of boredom I scrolled Tatiana's insta and then I wound up on Tom's, and noticed Tatiana wasn't following him anymore (I was the one who posted about it above) but I noticed Briana follows him. This was a few hours ago and I checked again just now to see if Tatiana unfollowing was a glitch and now Briana isn't following him anymore! So now I don't think it's a glitch because two other people I follow also follow him and their names always come up. So I think some drama is going on... :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

forreal lol
She once chose Alia when asked who should play her in a biopic, lol.

If she did split with her bf they'll probably get back together. Oh instagram.
They have never been known to be on/off so I will assume given they unfollowed that its over.

She's prob straight since she handled those interviews about Delphines fake death like an absolute privileged trash heap but if she's not now that would be entertaining.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Could be just a weird coincidence but today Briana Venskus posted a pic of her and Tatiana that Tatiana liked, didn't think anything of it. So out of boredom I scrolled Tatiana's insta and then I wound up on Tom's, and noticed Tatiana wasn't following him anymore (I was the one who posted about it above) but I noticed Briana follows him. This was a few hours ago and I checked again just now to see if Tatiana unfollowing was a glitch and now Briana isn't following him anymore! So now I don't think it's a glitch because two other people I follow also follow him and their names always come up. So I think some drama is going on...  :nails:
OH friggin NO.

It's an overused comment, but. They. Really do. Look like. TWINS................!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I actually had a feeling the other day that they may have broken up because she used to always be interacting with him on twitter and insta but I noticed she stopped, he even deleted his twitter. And they used to go on vacations in their down time but don't anymore. It's kinda sad because they were together for years and were one of the only het couples I could tolerate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

forreal lol
Y'all made me check out her insta and omg is it for a role or something? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

forreal lol
Y'all made me check out her insta and omg is it for a role or something? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nah, she's looked like that for a few years now. Ever since Orphan Black finished she's been looking like a little teenage boy.

Shelby
Veteran
Reactions: 172

Post by Shelby »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

forreal lol
Nah, she's looked like that for a few years now. Ever since Orphan Black finished she's been looking like a little teenage boy.
Is she just Canadian or has she discovered that she's into women? :hudoin:
My pronouns are Cash/App and Venmo/me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

forreal lol
1. Looking gay AF
2. More into "gender non conforming" and LBGT things on social media than she ever was when she was playing a lesbian character
3. Breaks up with longtime boyfriend

I would not be shocked at all if she dates a woman next.. or if she's still straight then some gender non conforming guy or whatever straight snowflakes do. Keep an eye out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

forreal lol
1. Looking gay AF
2. More into "gender non conforming" and LBGT things on social media than she ever was when she was playing a lesbian character

I would not be shocked at all if she dates a woman next.. or if she's still straight then some gender non conforming guy or whatever straight snowflakes do. Keep an eye out.
I feel this. Like, yeah, we all know she said some dumb shit when people were mad at Delphine "dying" but it looks like playing these characters in Orphan Black and gaining a fandom that is mostly lgbt has opened her eyes to a whole new world?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

forreal lol
1. Looking gay AF

I feel this. Like, yeah, we all know she said some dumb shit when people were mad at Delphine "dying" but it looks like playing these characters in Orphan Black and gaining a fandom that is mostly lgbt has opened her eyes to a whole new world?
I mean, how often did her and the actress playing Delphine got hit on? That HAS to wear you down, in a semi good way. :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Look! Just because she's wearing a white t-shirt in a room full of women doesn't mean she's a lesbian! It only means She LOOKS like one!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

forreal lol
1. Looking gay AF

She does like and follow a lot of LGBT related things and people, the most recent one being King Princess. And she likes tweets about being gay. I think she's definitely queer in some way but will never come out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

forreal lol
1. Looking gay AF

She does like and follow a lot of LGBT related things and people, the most recent one being King Princess. And she likes tweets about being gay. I think she's definitely queer in some way but will never come out.
She already dumped the dead weight ex. I don't know if she'll ever do a big coming out interview but I wouldn't be surprised at all if people say they saw her at gay events/bars in the next 6 months. This has the hallmark of a discovery/journey and not the passivity of the "ohh I'm queer" from a person who was never going o do anything but date the same bf they always have.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Look! Just because she's wearing a white t-shirt in a room full of women doesn't mean she's a lesbian! It only means She LOOKS like one!

Too bad we can't determine what bar that was, but she looked very casual, like it wasn't an official function.

harrietbasic
Reactions: 0

Post by harrietbasic »

:bertha:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Her lips always look so dry. I just want to give her lip balm or something lol It bugged the shit out of me on Orphan Black

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Her career could have really taken off, but for some reason it hasn't. And I don't get why. When OB was airing everyone was talking about how talented she is and rooting for her to win awards, and she was getting critical acclaim. Then she just kind of... faded away. Only does indie movies and a few plays, and now that OB audio show (which sounds stupid). What happened?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Her career could have really taken off, but for some reason it hasn't. And I don't get why. When OB was airing everyone was talking about how talented she is and rooting for her to win awards, and she was getting critical acclaim. Then she just kind of... faded away. Only does indie movies and a few plays, and now that OB audio show (which sounds stupid). What happened?
She's doing fine, she just hasn't done mainstrream TV. She didn't just do a few plays, she was on Broadway.

That being said, she's a got a tv show on HBO coming up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Her career could have really taken off, but for some reason it hasn't. And I don't get why. When OB was airing everyone was talking about how talented she is and rooting for her to win awards, and she was getting critical acclaim. Then she just kind of... faded away. Only does indie movies and a few plays, and now that OB audio show (which sounds stupid). What happened?
I find it pretty strange, too. She was perfectly positioned with the Emmy, the critical acclaim, the esteem of her peers, the huge & loyal international fanbase to launch a major career and?ó?Ç?áshe drops completely off the radar for years, 'rebrands' with honestly one of the ugliest haircuts I've ever seen on an adult woman and focuses her creative attention on improv classes. She could have lousy representation that is sabotaging her, maybe the boyfriend was jealous and created roadblocks, maybe she's having some kind of personal crisis, maybe it's just been a string of bad luck. I'm surprised and disappointed with the way her career has gone since OB ended.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I find it pretty strange, too. She was perfectly positioned with the Emmy, the critical acclaim, the esteem of her peers, the huge & loyal international fanbase to launch a major career and?ó?Ç?áshe drops completely off the radar for years, 'rebrands' with honestly one of the ugliest haircuts I've ever seen on an adult woman and focuses her creative attention on improv classes. She could have lousy representation that is sabotaging her, maybe the boyfriend was jealous and created roadblocks, maybe she's having some kind of personal crisis, maybe it's just been a string of bad luck. I'm surprised and disappointed with the way her career has gone since OB ended.
It doesn't surprise me, I think it's kind of common. Most of the time I usually assume the the big hot shot of X show won't go anywhere too big after the big show is over. If anything, it's the ones that you least expect that might surprise you, those secondary characters/actors no one thought much about and then BAM.

I think it may be because Hollywood is always looking for the next new thing, and if you've been the face of a show for years, specially a big show, they'll see you as old news, I don't know.

Having said that, maybe she's having the career that she wants.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It doesn't surprise me, I think it's kind of common. Most of the time I usually assume the the big hot shot of X show won't go anywhere too big after the big show is over. If anything, it's the ones that you least expect that might surprise you, those secondary characters/actors no one thought much about and then BAM.

I think it may be because Hollywood is always looking for the next new thing, and if you've been the face of a show for years, specially a big show, they'll see you as old news, I don't know.

Having said that, maybe she's having the career that she wants.
I mean with all due respect she was in a Canadian show that had critical acclaim but almost no viewership. Not exactly going to put her on the Hollywood A-List. She probably has the career she wants. She's always seemed more into the indie stuff.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No actor wants a career that involves never appearing in anything anyone sees and zero dollars.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If she goes all "queer" or whatever, she should hook up with Ali Leibert. :wub: I don't even remember if Ali is single, but hey-ho. :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When are these OB audiobooks meant to be coming out?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

FYI. Tat is a goddess. Deities couldn't care less what humans think about their haircuts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:FYI. Tat is a goddess. Deities couldn't care less what humans think about their haircuts.
No lies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So is it official that she broke up with her ex or is just speculation ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Her career is fine. She would mention her improv background a lot in OB interviews. And you can tell that it's a huge part of who she is, through both her acting style and PR style.

Even if she had or has limited mainstream gigs, I can see her keeping up with that, possibly pursuing creative collaborations or writing/directing/producing. Sadly, that's the better bet for some actors (especially women). But usually if you've networked well with prominent people---and she very much has---you'll always find a way to work. Being non-conventional, it'll almost never be "too late" for her either. And not like it's any of my biz, but at least she probably got a little bit of $ from cons.

Intriguing about the boyfriend if true. They were as serious as you can get and had/have been in love for years. Anyone's guess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've noticed she follows a few androgynous lesbian insta accounts. So does she want to be like that or does she want a gf like that... :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So is it official that she broke up with her ex or is just speculation ?
Still no confirmation. But they're still not following each other so it doesn't look like it was an instagram glitch.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I've noticed she follows a few androgynous lesbian insta accounts. So does she want to be like that or does she want a gf like that...  :hudoin:
My guess is that she wants to be like that.. given her complete style change in he last few years.

Also, I once noticed a male friend following a ton of womens fitness instagrams and I thought it meant that was the type he was into. Two years later he came out as wanting to transition to be a woman. Anyway, I was like ohhhhhhhhhh on all the muscular women thing. LOL

Dog_Paws
Reactions: 0

Post by Dog_Paws »

I'm so glad she has a thread. OB, imo, is still to this day the best netflix series. And she was amazing in it. I thought when i watched the first series she might be gay, but then saw she was in a long term relationship with a director (sorry if that's wrong info).

I don't get gay vibes from her but think she's a fantastic actress and obvs quite happy kissing female co stars considering she was one of the producers of OB. (I think, don't shoot me it's been a couple of years since I watched it!)

it's-in-the-game
Veteran
Reactions: 5

Post by it's-in-the-game »

Dog_Paws wrote:I'm so glad she has a thread. OB, imo, is still to this day the best netflix series. And she was amazing in it. I thought when i watched the first series she might be gay, but then saw she was in a long term relationship with a director (sorry if that's wrong info).

I don't get gay vibes from her but think she's a fantastic actress and obvs quite happy kissing female co stars considering she was one of the producers of OB. (I think, don't shoot me it's been a couple of years since I watched it!)
She was in a relationship with Tom Cullen an actor (idk if he directs). He was in OB in the last series. The guy Krystal seduces with the beard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Purely word of mouth but I have it from a reliable source that she's now in a relationship with a woman

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Purely word of mouth but I have it from a reliable source that she's now in a relationship with a woman
Lol, suuuuure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Purely word of mouth but I have it from a reliable source that she's now in a relationship with a woman