Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 16:52
Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 16:32
Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 16:27
Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 16:17
So total theory time, do we think the reason Sorsha sent Kit away is because she's slipping into the same darkness as her mother and she wants her children as far away and safe as possible? Or are all our eggs in the Airk turning dark basket?
I am hoping Airk turning dark is just a red herring and it will be Kit struggling since I find that far more interesting, but I think the show is more likely to go for the more obvious route of Airk turning dark. This will also let them have the same old story line of Elora trying to help him fight of his darkness, while supposidly being his fated #1 enemy.

Could also be a combination maybe? Airk is turning dark but Kit will be struggling as well, and each of the LI's will be trying to pull them back/ground them.
You think they'll carry on with Elora as his LI for the entire season?
I am not sure, but I reckon around the time she gotten closer to the other prince, Airk will start to show up. I am hoping for some subversion of usual story telling but keeping expectations low. Elora must have a moment she stops being naive and realizes she is deluding herself with Airk but not sure how soon it will happen. Could also be Airk's experiences changes him, making him more "suitable" as a LI for Elora, which if they go that path will drag out the love triangle more.

There is a chance they will go some different way, maybe something involving the symbols that the other prince has on him. They obviously meant to involve some sort of surprise twist.

I haven't given it much thought tbh, my main thoughts been on our girls lol. Since they will have a storyline throughout the season, I am thinking it can't just be centered around duty? (That is not to say it can't be interesting, as Kit discards her duty as an heir readily where as Jade heavily embraces hers as a knight, but not sure how it could be season long).
i do find interesting that he's nowhere in the promo poster
also Kit is holding Shorha's sword?

Reactions:

Re: Willow (Disney+)

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 21:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
So total theory time, do we think the reason Sorsha sent Kit away is because she's slipping into the same darkness as her mother and she wants her children as far away and safe as possible? Or are all our eggs in the Airk turning dark basket?
I am hoping Airk turning dark is just a red herring and it will be Kit struggling since I find that far more interesting, but I think the show is more likely to go for the more obvious route of Airk turning dark. This will also let them have the same old story line of Elora trying to help him fight of his darkness, while supposidly being his fated #1 enemy.

Could also be a combination maybe? Airk is turning dark but Kit will be struggling as well, and each of the LI's will be trying to pull them back/ground them.
I am not sure, but I reckon around the time she gotten closer to the other prince, Airk will start to show up. I am hoping for some subversion of usual story telling but keeping expectations low. Elora must have a moment she stops being naive and realizes she is deluding herself with Airk but not sure how soon it will happen. Could also be Airk's experiences changes him, making him more "suitable" as a LI for Elora, which if they go that path will drag out the love triangle more.

There is a chance they will go some different way, maybe something involving the symbols that the other prince has on him. They obviously meant to involve some sort of surprise twist.

I haven't given it much thought tbh, my main thoughts been on our girls lol. Since they will have a storyline throughout the season, I am thinking it can't just be centered around duty? (That is not to say it can't be interesting, as Kit discards her duty as an heir readily where as Jade heavily embraces hers as a knight, but not sure how it could be season long).
Good catch on the sword. As for absence of Airk, :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Alex Zalben said that Elora and Kit's relationship "takes some pretty fascinating turns" (emotionally and not romantically) throughout the show. What are our theories? Are they going to grow to like each other, work together to save Airk?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 21:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

she's had the sword with her since ep1.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 22:18
Alex Zalben said that Elora and Kit's relationship "takes some pretty fascinating turns" (emotionally and not romantically) throughout the show. What are our theories? Are they going to grow to like each other, work together to save Airk?
i'm guessing they'll open up to each other about their past and they'll have a soft comforting moment before everything goes to shit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:angel:
Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 22:18
First they will need to sort out the thing about Jade's loyalty. Not her love, that belongs to Kit, but who she'll follow into battle and whose orders she'll take. To me, Jade is the center of alot of tension between them, even if Elora might be unaware of it. I'm still unsure if Elora actually loves Pretty Boy, or if she just horny about his hair, but they definitely can also bond over him.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 21:20
Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 21:01
I am so looking forward to that scene. The Mutual Thirst.

I am guessing they either did some sparring or maybe argued before this :hmmm:
I believe this scene will be in episode 4 and it's supposed to be a really good. And there's another really good scene in like episode 6

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 00:11
Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 21:20
Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 21:01
I am so looking forward to that scene. The Mutual Thirst.

I am guessing they either did some sparring or maybe argued before this :hmmm:
I believe this scene will be in episode 4 and it's supposed to be a really good. And there's another really good scene in like episode 6
da
Suddenly, a weekly release isn't as good as I thought so last week. :dramaqueen: :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:$

Is there a way to resize images in here?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just watched the first two episodes, is the blonde girl supposed to be the main character? She has the charm of a wet napkin. I don't know if the were trying to make pass her ignorance as adorable or endearing but I just found her annoying :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 02:42
Just watched the first two episodes, is the blonde girl supposed to be the main character? She has the charm of a wet napkin. I don't know if the were trying to make pass her ignorance as adorable or endearing but I just found her annoying :nervous:
She's the chosen one, which means she'll probably be the blandest one of them all. I'm still hoping her character improves in the next episodes, tho. I want to like this series.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 02:42
I actually liked her I thought she was using I'm sure once the show progresses the more these characters will get more interesting. If there's anyone I wasn't too fond of it would be Airk but to be fair we barely saw him so I'm still going to give him a chance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You know the ship won't be a big deal here when the thread is barely 9 pages after two episodes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 04:43
You know the ship won't be a big deal here when the thread is barely 9 pages after two episodes.
Lack of faith because it's Disney perhaps?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 05:20
Guest wrote:
Probably that plus the fact that it’s a reboot of a fringe property from the 80s. The biggest factor though is that the love interest is not conventionally attractive. People would be going bonkers for it if the love interest was a femme blonde girl. Standom is shallow.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 05:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Probably that plus the fact that it’s a reboot of a fringe property from the 80s. The biggest factor though is that the love interest is not conventionally attractive. People would be going bonkers for it if the love interest was a femme blonde girl. Standom is shallow.
Don't blame human nature.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Really lengthy interview with Ruby here, but they marked the places where she talks about auditioning for Willow and Kit's journey through the season. Obviously don't click if you want to remain totally spoiler free:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 06:10
Really lengthy interview with Ruby here, but they marked the places where she talks about auditioning for Willow and Kit's journey through the season. Obviously don't click if you want to remain totally spoiler free:
OT
what's with that new no eyebrow trend actresses have going on. i'm not a fan :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 06:15
Guest wrote:
OT
what's with that new no eyebrow trend actresses have going on. i'm not a fan :unsure:
DA. I bet it's for her role in Bottoms - very edgy high school look. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17527468/? ... nrel_1_act

"Two unpopular queer high school students start a fight club to have sex before graduation."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
We've reached a point where my gut reaction is "thank fuck for that". I know I should want the show to have as much buzz as possible, but it's pretty neat to dodge a lot of the vapid bullshit that comes with being flavour of the week.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
OT
Ahahahah same! It really does impact hugely on how a face looks :lol:
Praying she'll soon realizes she loves having eyebrows :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 06:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
OT
DA. I bet it's for her role in Bottoms - very edgy high school look. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17527468/? ... nrel_1_act

"Two unpopular queer high school students start a fight club to have sex before graduation."
that's what i thought, that they are for a role. She seems to have skip some of the promo the cast did, probably because she was working?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 06:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
OT

DA wouldn't be so sure that look It's for the movie, tbh. I remember how Victoria Pedretti had this no-eyebrows look during the promo for Bly Manor two years ago and everyone was saying it was for a role but apparently it wasn't 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Ruby is in another queer role? Interesting. Too bad she's not on SM. Be easier to stalk her😋

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
OT
y'all just love to complain about anything..i'm sure it's for a role she'll grow them back

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 06:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Between those or fawning over the straight crackship from Wednesday and those who continue to promote and talk about Warrior Nuns cause they still clinging on to hope that it isn't gonna get canceled even though it is cause Netflix doesn't give a shit about that show, they seem to not care about a new ship even if they know it's not queerbait and that they are actually a couple in the show. It's a shame cuz then they complain about not getting representation and then when they do they ignore it because is not to their liking.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 13:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Between those or fawning over the straight crackship from Wednesday and those who continue to promote and talk about Warrior Nuns cause they still clinging on to hope that it isn't gonna get canceled even though it is cause Netflix doesn't give a shit about that show, they seem to not care about a new ship even if they know it's not queerbait and that they are actually a couple in the show. It's a shame cuz then they complain about not getting representation and then when they do they ignore it because is not to their liking.
That straight crackship is the most popular ship right now in wlw stans. I've never seen a real wlw ship that popular they have 50k, 100k or sometimes 200k like tweets like it's nothing. These people deserve nothing but queerbait =_=
Willow has a front and center couple yet cricket :tumbleweed:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 13:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
That straight crackship is the most popular ship right now in wlw stans. I've never seen a real wlw ship that popular they have 50k, 100k or sometimes 200k like tweets like it's nothing. These people deserve nothing but queerbait =_=
It's popular because it isn't a wlw ship, so it attracts a lot of people that get a bit too flustered when things get too real. Let them enjoy it if that's their thing. I mean I haven't been able to give two shits about any of the ships that's been popular on here in like the past year, it's all so lacklustre and straight. This however I feel, but it's always each to their own.

As for those other stans they'll get here eventually, in a month's time WN will have been cancelled and Wednesday will have faded into the background of Netflix mediocre library and then one of the pack leaders will bring their fangirls with them into Willow because there is nothing else happening. Before you know it you'll be seeing hot takes on how Kit/Elora is the truly progressive ship unlike the feudal lord/handmaiden that is Kit/Jade and then there will be thousands of posts about how Graydon is an autistic ace short king whom must be treasured and that Boorman is a true lesbian role model. Until then, make like Depeche Mode and enjoy the silence.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

then when they do they ignore it because is not to their liking
The clue's in what you've said though. If they don't like it, they can't make themselves like it just for the sake of it.

Willow is something people remember as being kind of a cheesy kids thing, it just doesn't really have the zingy sexy fanfic appeal factor.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't think the couple have enough interaction yet and I find Jade kinda bland. But I like Kit.

Lots of subtext ships are popular because it gives people space for speculation and fantasy too. Plus when it's the lead character who are more developed it's more appealing to people. I don't ship Wednesday but I get some of the subtext shipping.

Grayson can go get shipped with Arik or whatever. Just get these little trolls to lay off the saying Kit is an NB or some shit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 13:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It's popular because it isn't a wlw ship, so it attracts a lot of people that get a bit too flustered when things get too real. Let them enjoy it if that's their thing. I mean I haven't been able to give two shits about any of the ships that's been popular on here in like the past year, it's all so lacklustre and straight. This however I feel, but it's always each to their own.

As for those other stans they'll get here eventually, in a month's time WN will have been cancelled and Wednesday will have faded into the background of Netflix mediocre library and then one of the pack leaders will bring their fangirls with them into Willow because there is nothing else happening. Before you know it you'll be seeing hot takes on how Kit/Elora is the truly progressive ship unlike the feudal lord/handmaiden that is Kit/Jade and then there will be thousands of posts about how Graydon is an autistic ace short king whom must be treasured and that Boorman is a true lesbian role model. Until then, make like Depeche Mode and enjoy the silence.
:rofl: :rofl: that's frightfully accurate. But you're not wrong, soon they will move on from Wednesday cause that's how it always works for Netflix shows and WN will get canceled and maybe then can unmute my timeline on Twitter lol. I'm sure they'll start watching Willow and ship Elora and Kit because they need their blonde/brunette ship and God knows Jade doesn't fit that aesthetics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What subtext? They kissed in ep one. Not like the straight couple but they did. We may find the ship bland, but not due to subtext.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 14:02
The clue's in what you've said though. If they don't like it, they can't make themselves like it just for the sake of it.

Willow is something people remember as being kind of a cheesy kids thing, it just doesn't really have the zingy sexy fanfic appeal factor.
DA
Please, most of those girls who are on Twitter and Tumblr fawning over those are ships didn't even know Willow was a film to begin with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 14:08
Guest wrote:

DA
Please, most of those girls who are on Twitter and Tumblr fawning over those are ships didn't even know Willow was a film to begin with.
That's unfair. I'm sure several of them know it as "that movie grandpa liked when he was young".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
Okay, so I guess you've got a combo of fanfic writer aged people who remember it as a cheesy kids thing that used to rerun every Saturday afternoon, and then the twitter/tumblr girlies who don't have any opinion at all because they literally haven't heard of it, because I haven't seen or heard one single mention of it, anywhere, outside this board, and not just in f/f land.

None of that's a recipe for taking the world by storm tbh. Disney has a lot to answer for in terms of being completely unable to promote anything other than Star Wars or MCU, but it’s not a mystery to me that this isn't taking off.

I've also seen people here being confused as to why the knight/princess dynamic isn't hooking people, but imho that's simply because the character/costume design doesn't have the visual drama that does 99% of the work for stuff like that. Wednesday is nothing and it blows, but you could write 5k just based on a screencap or a gif because you have an instant visual narrative.

I legit think that's the big problem here, the show doesn't have a visual wow factor and the costuming etc isn't doing enough storytelling/character work to catch people's attention. That's a particular weakness for Fantasy, because you're already having to make a big sale in terms of genre alone. I get that not everything can have GoT production values, but here, even solely in terms of the ship, people don't know what they're looking at even if they see it, because at a glance there's nothing to suggest it. A little more flair in terms of armor or something would have made a big difference.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 14:06
What subtext? They kissed in ep one. Not like the straight couple but they did. We may find the ship bland, but not due to subtext.
Right? It's text right from the start :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 15:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
Okay, so I guess you've got a combo of fanfic writer aged people who remember it as a cheesy kids thing that used to rerun every Saturday afternoon, and then the twitter/tumblr girlies who don't have any opinion at all because they literally haven't heard of it, because I haven't seen or heard one single mention of it, anywhere, outside this board, and not just in f/f land.

None of that's a recipe for taking the world by storm tbh. Disney has a lot to answer for in terms of being completely unable to promote anything other than Star Wars or MCU, but it’s not a mystery to me that this isn't taking off.

I've also seen people here being confused as to why the knight/princess dynamic isn't hooking people, but imho that's simply because the character/costume design doesn't have the visual drama that does 99% of the work for stuff like that. Wednesday is nothing and it blows, but you could write 5k just based on a screencap or a gif because you have an instant visual narrative.

I legit think that's the big problem here, the show doesn't have a visual wow factor and the costuming etc isn't doing enough storytelling/character work to catch people's attention. That's a particular weakness for Fantasy, because you're already having to make a big sale in terms of genre alone. I get that not everything can have GoT production values, but here, even solely in terms of the ship, people don't know what they're looking at even if they see it, because at a glance there's nothing to suggest it. A little more flair in terms of armor or something would have made a big difference.
I'm just curious about what these specific but hypothetical fanfic writers remember The Addams Family as then. And why that would elicit more raunchy fanfic than this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 14:05
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 13:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: that's frightfully accurate. But you're not wrong, soon they will move on from Wednesday cause that's how it always works for Netflix shows and WN will get canceled and maybe then can unmute my timeline on Twitter lol. I'm sure they'll start watching Willow and ship Elora and Kit because they need their blonde/brunette ship and God knows Jade doesn't fit that aesthetics.
I want to craugh at OP post.
The shows that are currently airing and getting attention will either go on hiatus or the season will be over soon (Sex Life of College Girls), the lesbian migration might bring some people to this show.

What do you think the ship name will be? I'm seeing Tanthamore and I'm not against it, because it has the advantage of being distinctive when you have to search contents in tumblr or twitter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Eh, post Tim Burton at least, Wednesday Addams was cool in a way Willow never really was. The Thanksgiving speech takes over Tumblr every year like clockwork.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

The only good looking fantasy shows I've watched this year are House of dragon (20mil/an episode), Ring of Power (almost a billion show).
Disney obviously won't ever give that budget to Willow so they have to work with what they got. Fantasy show is expensive to make.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 15:20
Eh, post Tim Burton at least, Wednesday Addams was cool in a way Willow never really was. The Thanksgiving speech takes over Tumblr every year like clockwork.
Who are we trying to kid , the only reason Wednesday is a hit is because of everyone obsessing with Jenna Ortega.

Willow is also getting promotion online , I've seen quite a bit about it. Plus criticize are loving it. And o know I read that it was one of the most watched on Disney plus. Just cause the Twitter girlies aren't talking about it means nothing. Not all networks give a damn about what people talk about on Social media.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 15:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

The only good looking fantasy shows I've watched this year are House of dragon (20mil/an episode), Ring of Power (almost a billion show).
Disney obviously won't ever give that budget to Willow so they have to work with what they got. Fantasy show is expensive to make.
Da
I love how everyone is either criticizing the visual effects or how the characters aren't that interesting and we've only seen 2 episodes lol give the show a few more episodes to grow before crapping all over it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 15:52
Guest wrote:
Who are we trying to kid , the only reason Wednesday is a hit is because of everyone obsessing with Jenna Ortega.

Willow is also getting promotion online , I've seen quite a bit about it. Plus criticize are loving it. And o know I read that it was one of the most watched on Disney plus. Just cause the Twitter girlies aren't talking about it means nothing. Not all networks give a damn about what people talk about on Social media.
Nah, I didn't watch for her, my family and friends didn't watch for her. It was for Addams family IP, Wednesday is really cool character. People start to like Jenna after that, at least it's with my bubble.

For rating , Willow is doing good. It just doesn't have viral factor for Social media.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 15:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nah, I didn't watch for her, my family and friends didn't watch for her. It was for Addams family IP, Wednesday is really cool character. People start to like Jenna after that, at least it's with my bubble.

For rating , Willow is doing good. It just doesn't have viral factor for Social media.
I for one didn't watch it cause I can't stand Jenna, that said, you might not have watched because of her but of you go on Twitter or Tumblr you'll see most people did watch it cause of her. I even saw a YouTuber mention she didn't even like the show but she endured it because of Jenna.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Da
I love how everyone is either criticizing the visual effects or how the characters aren't that interesting and we've only seen 2 episodes lol give the show a few more episodes to grow before crapping all over it.
There's no mention of visual effects in that post. It's specifically about production design.

That's often, but not always, down to budget. It would not necessarily cost much to distinguish the costuming between characters a little more, for example.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 16:05
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 15:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I for one didn't watch it cause I can't stand Jenna, that said, you might not have watched because of her but of you go on Twitter or Tumblr you'll see most people did watch it cause of her. I even saw a YouTuber mention she didn't even like the show but she endured it because of Jenna.
Twitter & Tumblr are not GA (I count myself as GA cause I'm not her fan). They're very fandom oriented.
That is why Willow have zero buzz on there still have decent rating cause of GA.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 15:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

Da
I can understand why people would have issues with writing, acting or tone, but I can't figure out how they can crap on the production values. Objectively the show looks good, you can tell there was money involved, a lot more than in the original.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 16:13
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 15:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

Da
I can understand why people would have issues with writing, acting or tone, but I can't figure out how they can crap on the production values. Objectively the show looks good, you can tell there was money involved, a lot more than in the original.
Exactly, honestly most of those finding thing to pick on the show are all those butt-hurt "Disney is Woke" crowed that are shitting on the show over every tiny little thing. I mean, not every show has to be a big budget production like Ring of Power. That show had stunning visual effects and some fans still hated it.