Write A Letter To Someone

Reactions:

Re: Write A Letter To Someone

Post by Guest »

I’ve been having a hard time writing to you as of late. Feeling a bit down/defeated/crushed/heavy, you know? I always just want to give you my light, and only my light. But recently, every time I try to write to you it just turns painful and frustrated and… not right. None of it’s enough right now. I am not enough right now.

So in absence of my own words, here are a few from someone else. Sweet ones, to offset me. Atleast we know these won’t turn wrong halfway through.

I am amazed by peace.
It is this possibility of you
asleep
and breathing in the quiet air.

Reactions:

Post by 87654 »

So, my plan was to tell you how I feel about you this evening but I chickened out. I still had a wonderful time talking with you - I always do. Let’s have more moments like tonight, please. And if you ever feel like making a move first, that would be great because I still can’t quite gather up the courage to do so ;) Thank you for walking me to my bus stop in the freezing cold!

S

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know what it is you're going through. I'm just hoping that my imagination is worse than actuality. So not knowing, hopefully this quote will help a little.

“I walk around like everything’s fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.”
—Anonymous

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My phone has this PowerShare feature that I don't know how to use. I wish I could replace it for a PowerShare feature in me. Then you can tap into it and take whatever you need in the moment: energy, positivity, hope. You may worry about draining me of all my resources, but you needn't agonize about it. What you take from me, you also put back tenfold. Be well and if you ever need anything...

A little humor: The confirmation code for this post is 2BAE. Positivity reinforced.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Still find it hard to connect with anyone like i connected with you

I know you've moved on because i broke it off and you found someone else pretty quick...i guess it's easy for some ppl to connect with anyone and everyone

I haven't yet found or felt that connection again...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s been blustery, cold, blow-you-away weather outside. The kind of wind that comes way too early in the year, and makes you want to huddle up inside for days. Or stand outside in a t-shirt until you are chilled, numb and covered in goosebumps. Whichever resonates with you more. Not going to lie, I am situated somewhere between the two currently.

But, back to windy weather. I haven’t been sleeping well (if that wasn’t obvious). It was the wind that woke me up tonight. Frustrating, right? Anyways. It got me thinking.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dear T, I'm glad we're apart now. We were never even dating but our dynamic was super toxic. I'm sorry for everything and I hope you are too. I'm wishing you the best.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can you just email me already? It’s the most simple solution. Set whatever boundary you want afterwards. I’ll follow it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello you. Monday has me in such a bind. I find myself so indecisive today. I hope it's okay that I leave you with something funny I read. It reminds me a little of this thread with all the letters, actual letters. The poem is called The ABC by Spike Milligan. Here is an excerpt.

Said A to B, "I don't like C;
His manners are a lack.
For all I ever see of C
Is a semi-circular back!"

"I disagree," said D to B,
"I've never found C so.
From where I stand he seems to be
An uncompleted O."

C was vexed, "I'm much perplexed,
You criticise my shape.
I'm made like that, to help spell Cat
And Cow and Cool and Cape."

"He's right" said E; said F, "Whoopee!"
Said G, "'Ip, 'Ip, 'ooray!"
"You're dropping me," roared H to G.
"Don't do it please I pray."

"Out of my way," LL said to K.
"I'll make poor I look ILL."
To stop this stunt J stood in front,
And presto! ILL was JILL.

Apparently, my idea of an 'excerpt' is five-eighths of the poem.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can feel your energy pulling.
Your presence ever so inviting.
Tell me I'm not crazy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I turn to Rumi to speak the words that are not coming easily to me today.

“In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.” – Rumi

I feel almost ashamed for quoting something that refers to 'this art' and offer nothing. So I thought I'd give haiku a try. This isn't very good, but I hope it will suffice.

For you, the birds sing
their loveliest sound of fall
that bring joy to ears.

For me, the dog barks
a long annoying cry for
attention again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So, I’ve been thinking about a line from a poem for days:

It is torture
that the narrator in my mind
seems to be on your side.

I’ll assume we are using torture in the shallow way. You know, like the way you felt when you were thirteen and low-key in love with a girl and you called the situation things like torture, devestating, etc. But it’s not really torture. Just exceptionally sad.

Are you one of those people who has a constant internal monologue going? I am. My head is just a incessant storm of words and only a fraction ever escape into existence.

I don’t know about yours, but my internal narrator is my own worst enemy, especially in moments like this. She’s always rationalizing when the rest of me (probably mostly my heart) is like fuck that. She’s very critical of every choice I make (or don’t make). She disagrees with me more often than not. Maybe worst enemy was an overstatement… but she is definitely annoying af.

And yes, she is definitely always on your side.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In my mind, I follow your steps.
I've wondered how far you've traveled.
Have you been to the colleges?
Or the states?
How about the trees?
I know someone in the colleges,
and I've been to the states on foot.
Where else is there?

I call this type of writing 'cryptic silliness'. Thinking of you!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How would you like me to describe to you everything I feel about you? About us? Would you understand after I foraged a dozen of your favorite wild flowers?

What if I stayed the night counting all the stars with you? Would you note the one I wished on for you?

And if I wrote you a poem?
You are the mystery that surrounds me.
If you cannot join me and I cannot join you-then I will meet you during the highs and lows by the grace of the moon.

Would you feel the warmth of my sincerity after showing to your doorstep over and over again just to spend all the fleeting moments I can with you.

It was always the times we dared to be ourselves without letting anyone else get in the way. It was when you reached back across the darkness to hold my hand. It was every time you tried to get closer to me. Mostly the times we’ve ever laughed and no one else understood what we were laughing at.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Stupid me, you care about everyone and nobody cares about you. Will it ever change?

Exhausted, me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I went for a hike today. I’m glad I did, because the leaves are changing early this year and I hate missing the reds and oranges. Everything feels like it’s on fire around you because it’s so vibrant. I always think that I like summer hikes better than autumn ones, and then every year I reevaluate (but forgot by springtime, where I just get excited that everything is green and budding and feels new). But there is something about the crunch of leaves under your boots that also feels like slowing down and calming down.

There isn’t much substance to this, other than sharing something that made me feel happy today. I hope something made you happy today too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 19:48
I went for a hike today. I’m glad I did, because the leaves are changing early this year and I hate missing the reds and oranges. Everything feels like it’s on fire around you because it’s so vibrant. I always think that I like summer hikes better than autumn ones, and then every year I reevaluate (but forgot by springtime, where I just get excited that everything is green and budding and feels new). But there is something about the crunch of leaves under your boots that also feels like slowing down and calming down.

There isn’t much substance to this, other than sharing something that made me feel happy today. I hope something made you happy today too.
:hug: 💛

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello,

When I met you I was so excited to get to know you more. I fell in love and we went on for nearly two years, it hurts that we couldn’t make it work. I still love you. If you change your mind, I will be here. The only thing is that I would want to have better balance.

Love

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dear you,

It is ridiculous how much chemistry we have, and yet, neither of us are saying anything. I’m stupidly waiting for you to initiate, but maybe you’re waiting for me? Either way, I think we’ve been waiting long enough…do you agree? I have every intention to move things along but I get so tongue tired when we’re together and just overwhelmed with happiness/excitement, I just don’t say it. I really care for you and wouldn’t want anything ‘bad’ to happen to your job if I did tell you. I think that’s what is holding me back.

Let’s just go for a coffee somewhere and chat for hours….

Me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Taking a bit of time today to reflect on the things that you needed from me that maybe I didn’t give to you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Come back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello beautiful girl,

Thinking about you and hoping you are doing well. Also, hopefully you are getting plenty of rest and relaxation. Miss you much.

Me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dear You,
I know-how sad you are about how things turned out. You may feel like you lost your way, all your dreams died young. But there is still time to turn things around. Look on the bright side of life kid.
Love Always
Me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Today has been a day, so releasing this one for you:

Needs some work (obviously). Also I mean moody in that “ducking under awnings to escape the rain” way— aka the best way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My heart doesn’t want to let you go.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love you G....cant wait to see you J

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you ever feel like you can sense my stress/anxiety/low feelings? Sometimes I think I can feel yours. Today in particular it feels like you are a ball of stress.

Go outside. Stand by the water. Take a deep breath. Be still for five minutes. Try to let it go. Take care of yourself, please.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I used to sense your excitement when we first started our relationship. I loved that you let me be myself and that you thought about my feelings and time. You inspired me, you were by my side, you made me laugh, I felt your love immediately and I fell for you so hard. All I wanted to do was to make you feel the way you made me feel. Over time I sensed a slow change, and I became worries, I did everything I could to keep that love. Suddenly I was feeling your distance, coldness, anger, indifference, frustration and that hurt me so much. I thought if I could behave better and less demanding of your once kindness maybe things would go back to normal. I was wrong. I built myself up for a month mentally to finally let you go and you took it without hesitation. Yet, you weren’t happy. I gave you everything I could even to the very end and now I’m fighting to heal this pain, it won’t stop. I don’t understand how any of this happened. Did you find someone new? Or did someone from your past reappear? Now I begin begin my journey to heal. I thought about reaching out to see if all we needed was time away, but the more time passes the more I’m convinced that it’s not a good idea. You haven’t even put effort to reach back out, so I guess it is time to move on…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hey,

I miss you. Thinking of you. Would give anything to make stupid jokes with you again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There are not enough things in the world to fill the space that thoughts of you used to fill. I'll keep trying to find 'good' distractions, but it's an uphill battle. Whatever the purpose, I hope it's the best for you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You,

I come and read this stupid thread hoping to see something from you. I hate that i get my hopes up every time i read a generic message from a random anon and think maybe it's you telling me how much you miss me and want me back.
I feel pathetic.
And sad.
Write me something here using one of our nicknames so i'll know it's you.
I'm too much of a coward to do it. :sadangel:

Me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dont be scared to post anything even if its just initials

Maybe the other person who puts up the nicknames will feel stupid if its not actually the person they are thinking this is...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I miss you terribly. I still love you.

-S

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New York City means nothing to me. You are what mattered to me most. Forget my job, ambitions, and New York. I told myself if I ever find real love, I would put my entire heart and soul into it, and I did. I honestly think we could’ve been a good couple, I really wish we would’ve met so we can truly know what would’ve happened. Do you think we can give ourselves one last try, but I mean a real shot. What do you think?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I shouldn't stay with you. You make me feel sad. I feel lonely and unwell. You are fun to have sex with and to cuddle with but I don't believe that you understand me. You say and do things that make me sad. I miss my friends that understand me. I miss laughing and being excited. You make me sad. I'm so sorry. When I see you again... I know I'm going to have to tell you that I'm breaking up with you. I'm so sorry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I still think of you when I'm alone. I hope you are happy with your life now. If we meet each other in the next life, I hope we remember each other and perhaps have a different ending to our story. Take care for now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t know if it’s okay to text you. I keep writing and keep deleting before I hit send.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 15:30
I don’t know if it’s okay to text you. I keep writing and keep deleting before I hit send.
Send it!
Playing devil's advocate here. 😈

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 15:41
Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 15:30
Send it!
Playing devil's advocate here. 😈
Yeah, send it! Playing the devil's sidekick here. hehehe...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Get up, get up, get busy do it
I want to see you party

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 16:10
I want to see you party
Mirnah...i still think about u from time to time after all these years.

Hope you and the dogs are well

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 13:38
I still think of you when I'm alone. I hope you are happy with your life now. If we meet each other in the next life, I hope we remember each other and perhaps have a different ending to our story. Take care for now.
That’s sweet, why not this lifetime?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 19:04
Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 16:10
I want to see you party
Mirnah...i still think about u from time to time after all these years.

Hope you and the dogs are well
I'll never in a million years be born as a "Mirnah".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 07:23
I’ve been having a hard time writing to you as of late. Feeling a bit down/defeated/crushed/heavy, you know? I always just want to give you my light, and only my light. But recently, every time I try to write to you it just turns painful and frustrated and… not right. None of it’s enough right now. I am not enough right now.

So in absence of my own words, here are a few from someone else. Sweet ones, to offset me. Atleast we know these won’t turn wrong halfway through.

I am amazed by peace.
It is this possibility of you
asleep
and breathing in the quiet air.
Sometimes I wonder if this was you. All I ever wanted to do is listen to your innermost thoughts to be there for you, because you were always enough for me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 23:00
Guest wrote:
Nah she is seeing someone else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 09:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Sorry to hear that. Were you friends?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 04:51
New York City means nothing to me. You are what mattered to me most. Forget my job, ambitions, and New York. I told myself if I ever find real love, I would put my entire heart and soul into it, and I did. I honestly think we could’ve been a good couple, I really wish we would’ve met so we can truly know what would’ve happened. Do you think we can give ourselves one last try, but I mean a real shot. What do you think?
Let me guess. You told her you were ready to leave NYC and move to her town but she said she wouldn't leave her family to be with you.
10 points for me if I've made the right connection with another post on another thread!
Sorry about your situation btw anon. I'd love to live in NYC if i could afford it. Hope she's/was worth it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 09:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA Some bitches move on fast. You are cute to still be wanting her for the next life. I know I wouldn't if she wanted somebody else in this life.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Today i'm writing to myself:

Gurl get a grip! You were doing so well without that rude, selfish c---. Wtf is you doing missing her and thinking about her after all this time?
You crazy? Specially considering the way she broke up with u?
You been much better off and you know it! Don't fuck it up now!

P.S. Remember to do the laundry by Thursday you lazy ass mf.

Me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If only you knew how stir crazy I've been. Even my dreams were driving me crazy the past couple of weeks; dreams about people I wouldn't even give a second thought awake. But then you came back to me in dream the other day and I woke up feeling great. No matter that I spent the whole dream just trying to hold your hand. I actually think the feeling was mutual, that you were trying to hold mine too. But I'm not convinced if that was in the dream or if it was my wishful thinking when I woke up. It's like how I'm feeling now, wondering if that dream was a premonition or if it's just wishful thinking. Whatever it is, my dream girl is back.