Write A Letter To Someone

Reactions:

Re: Write A Letter To Someone

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2022, 01:17
Guest wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 23:06
It's a new phenomenon what we have. Perpetually present and absent at the same time. Forever strangers. If not, I guess it’s how a slave who had feelings for her owner's sister, who rarely visited, would have felt. They knew each other, had some unaddressed attraction between them that's dismissed as constant but ignorable little fascination, but in no world would it be anything more.

Half of what I say is meaningless
But I say it just to reach you, Julia...
Ocean child¹ calls me
So I sing a song of love
Julia...
When I cannot sing my heart
I can only speak my mind, Julia

¹ ♀ Venus
Is this addressed to Julia? Or just song lyrics?
Beatles song. Julia was John Lennon's mom. I guess it’s about something you can't do anything about, a never ending longing that leaves you to choose to love and appreciate the beauty of whatever's left.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2022, 04:37
Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2022, 01:17
Guest wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 23:06
It's a new phenomenon what we have. Perpetually present and absent at the same time. Forever strangers. If not, I guess it’s how a slave who had feelings for her owner's sister, who rarely visited, would have felt. They knew each other, had some unaddressed attraction between them that's dismissed as constant but ignorable little fascination, but in no world would it be anything more.

Half of what I say is meaningless
But I say it just to reach you, Julia...
Ocean child¹ calls me
So I sing a song of love
Julia...
When I cannot sing my heart
I can only speak my mind, Julia

¹ ♀ Venus
Beatles song. Julia was John Lennon's mom. I guess it’s about something you can't do anything about, a never ending longing that leaves you to choose to love and appreciate the beauty of whatever's left.
DA that’s so sad

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

M,

This past failed relationship made me think of you so much. I don’t know why, you got bored and cheated and disappeared. Claiming I did. That I left you. Then you come back to tell me about a relationship with a girl ending, who didn’t respect you, but you respected more than me. Exclaiming that she never understood you like I did. You never cared to understand me though. I was just emotional support. I was boring to you, and not enough. It kills because, I think I put everything into my other relationship because I couldn’t with you. The amount of times I pictured sitting next to you and your mom, having a laugh and eating Mac and cheese. You showing me Snapchat convos with yourself, and I thought this is the more personal thing you could share and I would never betray your faith in me for sharing it, only to have you do exactly that to me. And you even flirted with my mom on the phone. I could entirely be myself around you, and I know you could too. If only you weren’t so insecure in yourself and just enjoyed even having a good friend.

Goodbye

T

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2022, 05:04
[/quote]

DA that’s so sad
[/quote]
Thank goodness life presents a great variety of things to feel good about and to distract/preoccupy oneself with. Things not going as I please just add depth to my life experience, like a secret ingredient to a dish.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anniversary. Unhappy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I would’ve casually dated you instead of being serious. The “kind” gesture you did, any body would have done it. Why were you pressuring your brother to go to school? Did you think of how he felt? No, don’t think about kissing you. No, I don’t think about being with you. I love you, but I don’t know what way, I know I’m not in love with you. I’m sorry you feel that way. Why didn’t you do go through with it. Why did you forward me all those emails? Why are you telling me all this? You should go see a therapist.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I kept waking up last night, listening for the drip-drip sound from inside the house, expecting the roof to come crashing down. Is it safe to hope for clear skies from this point on? I still see big fluffy clouds. Perhaps too soon. To walk a mile in your shoes. I think about it (and you, of course) all the time. I hope you are well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Scum. 🗑

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just replay wrapping your legs around my waist and your arms hanging from my neck, carrying you and kissing you. The sound of your stirring to get water, sleep talking, the sound of you breathing next to me. You held your heart so close to your chest though. I couldn't say anything right and I just continually gave hoping that you would want to too. You loved me touching you but didn't ever want to touch me. I felt so ugly. I feel like a plague. Like the most unlovable thing. I just gave everything and more and more. I did what you do when you love someone, you put them first. I made you my life to keep you happy. You got bored though. I wasn't charismatic enough, too emotional, not sarcastic enough, not intelligent enough, not sexy enough, not sexual enough. Never enough. I remember talking about if I ever proposed, I would take you to a place dear to me where when I was a kid, was the only place in the world I didn't feel alone and that when I met someone who also made me feel that way - I would share the place with them. "Well, you can't take me there now because you told me and it has to be a surprise." Was your reaction. Which, after how hurt I was you apologized for but really. We both knew I wasn't going to lavish you in a romantic dinner at a rooftop terrace in the most exclusive of restaurants, I was sentimental. Why didn't you just tell me you didn't love me from the start? Why did I have to painstakingly find out each moment. The first time truly giving my entire heart to someone and all of me, only for it not to be enough. I couldn't imagine a worst way to spend life thinking about the person you loved most in the world, and how they will never want you back. Especially, when love was the most important thing after having spent so much of life alone. When I am old and grey, I will look back. You can't make someone love you, and I would never want to but why couldn't you just have been the friend you said you were too and respect me enough to be honest so that I didn't give all of me to someone who never wanted me in the first place.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 00:21
Scum. 🗑
You're right. I am.

I'm sorry I c e r a b b i t. I gave in and I liked it 😭.
I missed you so much I ended up having coitus with her 😭
Yes! I have no excuse. I'm sorry, I'm unworthy. I have never heard from you for years since I've moved here. It's almost 3 years now. I'm sorry I'm weak. I cannot keep chasing you.

I'm sorry. I am indeed a scum for giving in to my hormones. :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm not sure if I'll come back when I go to Canada. Sometimes I feel like I've made a huge mistake getting married. I feel stressed, anxious and just miserable. I want to laugh, I just want to be happy. Why are you so hard to be with sometimes?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I must confess that sometimes these little "intros" take me longer to write than the time it takes for me to find a poem to share. I've always sucked at small talk. So I was reading some poems by Leonard Cohen, and I kept going back to this one.

If the sun would lose its light
And we lived an endless night
And there was nothing left that you could feel
That's how it would be
What my life would seem to me
If I didn't have your love to make it real

If the stars were all unpinned
And a cold and bitter wind
Swallowed up the world without a trace
Ah, well that's where I would be
If I couldn't lift the veil and see your face

And if no leaves were on the tree
And no water in the sea
And the break of day had nothing to reveal
That's how broken I would be
If I didn't have your love to make it real

Btw, have you ever heard any of Leonard Cohen's songs? Someone once described to me that he sounds like Eeyore (from Winnie the Pooh) if Eeyore could sing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This week has been a struggle for more reasons than one, but this felt like it encapsulated how I have been feeling.

So I’ll let someone else put words to what I can’t.

All that tied up in just missing you. Feels like a waste, doesn’t it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've been thinking about all these insecurities (character/personality imperfections) that I have. Silly things, really, but while I like to think that I've outgrown them or have shown them no care, still they weigh me down at times. Here is an excerpt from the poem "What Pretty Doesn't Know" by Diana Burns.

Let me see your Ugly
Your face without the mask
I never cared for Pretty
As cunning is her task

Tell me what you fear
When in darkness you must lay
As uncurbed thoughts, you fail to steer
Cannot be kept at bay

Gawd, I'm so annoyed with myself. I can't decide how much of this poem to share. I've been wishy washy about just that one decision for (at least) the last 20 minutes! Putting it in entirety under spoilers so I can stop being annoyed at myself. (On the bright side, if that is all I have to be annoyed at myself, that's probably a good thing, right? Sadly, it isn't!)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

This was me this morning. Unlike in the Robert Frost's poem, which had a deeper meaning, I really did take the road less traveled - choosing the less traveled path - to avoid people. That was my mood, and probably has been my mood these past few weeks. Just not wanting to run into people and having to be chipper and social. A few weeks ago, when I took the road more traveled, I came upon 2 groups of 2 who had stopped to chat. They looked to me as if I would join, but I just gave a quick greeting and an excuse without breaking my stride. I felt bad afterwards.

Tying it back to the poem yesterday, I think that's what I see as my "Ugly" - the recluse, the person that ducks away. The "Pretty" is the pretense - the "happy" face, the self-assured person. I want to be that person - why I remember everything that's ever told to me, because when you remember what someone tells you, it seems to make them happy. But sometimes it is exhausting. Every step I take towards a person, I'm trying to remember what they said, trying to figure out what is appropriate to ask, trying to figure out the right words. To not do anything like that feels rude to me and leaves me upset at myself.

Maybe that's why I could relate to "What Pretty Doesn't Know".

When Pretty goes to sleep
And Ugly re-emerges
True to your vows, do you keep?
Or surrender to your urges

Right now, I'm surrendering to my Ugly urges, my reclusiveness. I'd want you to know this "Ugly" side of me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

True to your vows, do you keep? :bigcry:

I c e r a b b i t. I'm sorry. I miss you :bigcry:

Sighhh :sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I couldn't find anything that I deemed worthy of sharing with you today. When I look inward, all the words in my head are jumbled. I feel a rhythm, like music, but the lyrics have not been written. So here's something different today.

- .- -.- . / -- -.-- / .... .- -. -..
- .- -.- . / -- -.-- / .-- .... --- .-.. . / .-.. .. ..-. . --..-- / - --- ---

(it's Morse code for 2 lines from a song I like)

Be well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 22:14
I couldn't find anything that I deemed worthy of sharing with you today. When I look inward, all the words in my head are jumbled. I feel a rhythm, like music, but the lyrics have not been written. So here's something different today.

Be well.
OMG You're I c e r a b b i t? :bigcry:

Who are you falling in love with? 😭 I will kill her or him 😭

I'm sorry I'm sleeping with a friend 😭
I'm such a scum 😭

Please give me sign 😭

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 22:14

Be well.
Nice one anon! I like that line too.
Hope your girl sees this and knows it is for her. Cute idea to use Morse. I wish someone did this for me. :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if you ever reflect on how you used to see me and how you see me now. Hopefully there's more clarity now where there used to be confusion. Sending you off to the weekend with the last stanza from William Woodsworth's poem, "Perfect Woman".

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
The reason firm, the temperate will,
Endurance, foresight, strength, and skill;
A perfect Woman, nobly plann’d,
To warn, to comfort, and command;
And yet a Spirit still, and bright
With something of angelic light.

(Sorry, I realize this is going to "ruin" the moment, but I can't just leave it at that. My "intro" and then the choice of the stanza might seem to indicate that I think of myself the "Perfect Woman". Definitely not. After everything I've written about this week, I hope that is obvious. My intro mainly was going off the first line "and now I see with eye serene". The rest reminds me of my vision of you. I know what you'll think. "No, no, no, that's not me either." And I'll accept that from you. But still, where I see imperfections in myself, I see perfection in you. Maybe some day, you'll share with me what you consider as your "Ugly" side... but no, even then, I will just think of those as perfect imperfections. I hope you'll have a wonderful weekend.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The poem anon definitely deserves a chance what with all the time, effort, feeling and thought she's consistently been putting for her loved one.
My unsolicited advice to the poem anon: put the effort in real life and get her!

I mean I'm a pretty unromantic person and I don't even like poetry but this level of persistent, poignant expression of love would even make someone like me give you a chance. Hope your girl does! :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When I thought of us, I imagined being at the beach, covered by a blanket, under the stars and the moon, cuddled into each others arms, listening to the waves crash while enjoying the beauty we were surrounded in. I hope you are well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if we’re just both settling. I wonder if you wonder it too. I felt so much relief and had so much to say when you said that you were a bit confused with how you weren’t overwhelmed with emotion when it came to me.

But then you went on to say that you love me more and more every day and that you wanted this to be forever.

I’m genuinely looking forward to our time apart over the next few weeks. Only because I think it will bring clarity. I’m okay either way, as long as we stay in each other’s lives.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This Sara Teasdale poem has always been one I loved. It's the way she describes the feeling of being an insignificant thing that wants to be swallowed up by something greater.

The clock ticking down is making me anxious. There isn't that much time left. But as always I hope it's only me who is feeling the crush.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It was cold this morning, but I was so surprised to see that the 2 piggies were already out on their walk. They've gotten bigger since I last saw them. I couldn't take my eyes off them as I passed by. It almost seemed like one got a talking to. How does one talk to a big little pig? And what does one say?

Here's a poem from Robert Frost.

The heart can think of no devotion
Greater than being shore to ocean –
Holding the curve of one position,
Counting an endless repetition.

(No, I did not mean to say this is what one would say to a pig. That'd just be silly.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And I lay my hand on your waist
above your hip, disgruntled face
you're so irritated by someone loving you
like it's a responsibility you never wanted yet delved in
so I take a step back and you ask if I'm alright
like I've done something appauling and you're waiting for a reaction
I stare up at the person I trusted who can't keep a gaze
because we both know you're never put together when you're vulnerable
especially if you show someone when you are
"Are you okay?" "Are you?" Silence
Wasted love.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In recognition of Winter Solstice

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.

I can't help but read this poem and think about those times when we drown ourselves in sadness, that someone comes along and says "cheer up". How useless, right? So for those times you find yourself in sadness, I just want you to know that I would never give you that advice. Instead, what I would say is, "let me know the dark with you" because as the poem states, the dark, too, blooms and sings.

The poem is "To Know the Dark" by Wendell Berry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What was the fucking point of introducing me to your family & friends and initiating this new friendship you wanted when all you were gonna do is flake on me and bail on me last minute? You cancelled on me last minute the 1st time. That strike one. Then you say we can possibly meet up to chill one day and you would get back to me. You never got back to me until 8 hours later. You really have no common courtesy and any respect for my time. And when I called you out on it you got mad. We don't even know each other well and you were so inconsiderate to my time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 10:41
I wonder if we’re just both settling. I wonder if you wonder it too. I felt so much relief and had so much to say when you said that you were a bit confused with how you weren’t overwhelmed with emotion when it came to me.

But then you went on to say that you love me more and more every day and that you wanted this to be forever.

I’m genuinely looking forward to our time apart over the next few weeks. Only because I think it will bring clarity. I’m okay either way, as long as we stay in each other’s lives.
L Chat, dat you?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's been too long. My words... my words have grown timid. Imprisoned within the confines of my own mind, they are afraid to step out in view. Have patience. They will find their stride in time.

But my feelings... my feelings remain unchanged. The scratch marks on the walls of my mind mark the days of their release.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 23:38
Guest wrote:

L Chat, dat you?
:lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wish that I had spent the last month reading more poetry so that I had one to share today. I tried a few times, but I found no inspiration. It was probably a good time to read a book, but I figured that as soon as I did, we'd be back here (in hindsight, that's exactly what I should have done!). Instead, I just tried wishing to the coding gods to do their magic. (In my line of work, I know first hand wishing does wonders for code. But I don't recommend that you buy anything we sell.)

I hope you've been well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The thread title What are we eating for Thanksgiving? reminded me...

Did you get what you want for Christmas?
Did you make a New Year's resolution?
Did you not get holiday vacation time this (last?) year?
These, and more, are questions I've been wanting to ask.
But, the most important question on hand is...

...who do you want to win Super Bowl LVII??

I feel like I've been too sad to be silly and now that I can be silly anonymously again, I can't keep it in. Don't answer that last question though.
Sending you my thoughts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t know how to start, but I know what I want to say. Yesterday someone said closure with exes is unlikely to happen. I feel that’s true. I hope you found a person close to you like you wanted, someone that matches what you were looking for, and I hope that you are happy. Take care.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you think you are doing me a favour? That it’s something I’m keen to do?
Or are you taking advantage?
I think a bit of both maybe :hmmm:

Maybe I’ve been too obliging, we’ll see how the next one goes but if it’s too much you’re on your own & will have to get someone else to help you. Im just not physically able.

Is it bad I’m influenced by the fact you didn’t even offer to pay me? I mean I would probably have refused it but you knew my circumstances and I’m kinda hurt you never.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh thank fucking god. We’re back. I’ve been going crazy.

I fucking miss you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 23:38
Guest wrote:

L Chat, dat you?
:gaypimp:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hallowwe
It's Me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2023, 08:11
Hallowwe
It's Me
I've thought about us for a long long time

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2023, 09:18
Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2023, 08:11
Hallowwe
It's Me
I've thought about us for a long long time
Yeah, it's been a while Hallowe. How you been?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if you have ever thought, "I wish I could remember"...

I wish I could remember that first day,
First hour, first moment of your meeting me,
If bright or dim the season, it might be
Summer or Winter for aught I can say;
So unrecorded did it slip away,
So blind was I to see and to foresee,
So dull to mark the budding of my tree
That would not blossom for many a May.
If only I could recollect it, such
A day of days! I let it come and go
As traceless as a thaw of bygone snow;
It seemed to mean so little, meant so much;
If only now I could recall that touch,
First touch of hand in hand—Did one but know!

Reading this poem, I wonder if I am the way I am because every moment I'm in front of you is a moment I want to remember. My brain tries to process and record every little detail. I do my best but... my CPU is getting a little outdated. So please forgive me in advance if it looks like I'm overheating and I'm giving you the hourglass.

The poem is "I Wish I Could Remember" by Christina Rossetti.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I meant what I said, and I needed to say it once even if you didn't want to hear it. I needed you to hear it once.

It was hard to say when everything was the same (yet different) and slowly collapsing around us. But I meant it. I hope that even if you brushed it off then, one day you'll hold it close and realize that I continue to mean it (even now, even months from now, even years from now).

I don't use words lightly. I think them through and weigh them. Sometimes the result is that I've tempered myself enough that the original feeling is lost... but sometimes I end up back where I started and I just end up saying something almost embarrassingly true.

That was something true (sans embarrassment).

To lighten this truth: Two fish are in a tank. One says, ‘How do you drive this thing?’ womp, womp.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Let's talk about the elephant in the room.

I've been thinking about this line as a conversation starter. Do you think it is effective?

While you think on that, let me share an amusing story. Well, sorta. Okay, not really. But maybe? This morning, on a long stretch of road, I saw a female figure on a bicycle come towards me. She was riding one of those bikes with a basket in front. From a distance, it looked like she had 2 little dogs in the basic. I looked forward to seeing the dogs and how well-behaved they must be to sit still inside her basket. But when she came closer to view, her little dogs were actually stuffed animals (possibly teddy bears, I can't even remember now). Cute, right?

I wonder if you are much of a stuffed animals person. Maybe not teddy bears, but maybe a cute dog or something? Do you think I am? (Perhaps the question "cute, right?" gave me away.) Not in general, but some stuffed things tickle my awwww bone just right. I have a purple sheep that I picked out awhile ago. Yes, purple. Another one I picked up before the holidays is one of those jumbo Squishmallows. Yes, JUMBO. She's grey and her name is Ellie. She's the elephant in my room.

(I do have an Ellie.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 22:16
I meant what I said, and I needed to say it once even if you didn't want to hear it. I needed you to hear it once.

It was hard to say when everything was the same (yet different) and slowly collapsing around us. But I meant it. I hope that even if you brushed it off then, one day you'll hold it close and realize that I continue to mean it (even now, even months from now, even years from now).

I don't use words lightly. I think them through and weigh them. Sometimes the result is that I've tempered myself enough that the original feeling is lost... but sometimes I end up back where I started and I just end up saying something almost embarrassingly true.

That was something true (sans embarrassment).

To lighten this truth: Two fish are in a tank. One says, ‘How do you drive this thing?’ womp, womp.
I like people like this. So precious. Makes me want to listen to them. :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If I could turn back time I would in a second. I hope you’re happy, and that she makes you happy.
We’ll meet again someday.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The forecast for today is partly sunny. It matches with my head so...

When the clouds move in,
find a yellow boat
to take your tangled hair
and untamed heart
out to the horizon.

To the place where
rough seas are not feared.

The place where the shifting winds
sing about the consistency
of change.

Sure as the clouds move in,
they shall move out.

Sure as the sun descends,
it shall rise soon after.

Sure as the heart breaks,
it shall be glued back together.

Sure as the soul leaves,
it shall return again.

Sure as your mind questions,
it shall rest
(finally)
in the answers.

(the rest of this poem The Yellow Boat by Deborah Quibell)
Is "partly sunny" a glass half empty or a glass half full? It depends on where you started, doesn't it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really wanted to talk to you about balloons today because it was all in the news yesterday. But since today is designated as a "special day", I thought I'd stay on theme and find something appropriate. I came across this poem titled "Take My Hand", but it ends with:

For you belong to me
For all the world to see

BAH! All the hopes of a great find, shattered.

I did find a good one on the same website so all was not lost. I like that it relates to nature.

You're the beauty in the sunrise,
The soft warmth shining in the trees.
Joyful lightness that's in your eyes,
The slightest tingling from the breeze.

You're birds singing on a spring day,
Beauty, peace, love and art...
My music, my love, my Monet.
You're my joy, my muse, my heart.

- Jennifer D. Etheridge

Maybe I'll share the balloon one tomorrow; it's funny! I hope you have a good day.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Clock strikes upon the hour
And the sun begins to fade
Still enough time to figure out
How to chase my blues away
I've done alright up to now
It's the light of day that shows me how
And when the night falls, loneliness calls

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When I am picking something to share with you, Plath would rarely be my first choice. I have to be in a weirdly specific space for her to resonate with me. But she has this one deeply uncomplicated passage that gets to the heart of my challenge right now… so I’ll share that:

And when at last you find someone to whom you feel you can pour out your soul, you stop in shock at the words you utter— they are so rusty, so ugly, so meaningless and feeble from being kept in the small cramped dark inside you so long.

Simple, right? And definitely feels true when I think of writing to you now (and then too). Here’s to hoping your words don’t feel rusty and feeble, and that you know simple the act of saying something even if it’s small still means something.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shel Silverstein wrote:

Eight balloons no one was buyin'
All broke loose one afternoon.
Eight balloons with strings a-flyin',
Free to do what they wanted to.
One flew up to touch the sun - POP!
One thought highways might be fun - POP!
One took a nap in a cactus pile - POP!
One stayed to play with a careless child - POP!
One tried to taste some bacon fryin' - POP!
One fell in love with a porcupine - POP!
One looked close in a crocodile's mouth - POP!
One sat around 'til his air ran out - WHOOSH!
Eight balloons no one was buyin' -
They broke loose and away they flew,
Free to float and free to fly
And free to pop where they wanted to.

Such a fun thought to think of letting go of a balloon every time I thought of you. But it wouldn't take long before someone came to report me as an environmental polluter.