Ukraine and Russia megathread v2.

Sentry
Reactions: 129

Ukraine and Russia megathread v2.

Post by Sentry »

By posting in this thread you've agreed to have read the following:

1. No whatabout-isms posts. If you want to make a thread on for example the US's invasion of Iraqi then go off on another thread. This isn't a history lesson thread. It is a current events one.

2. Do not post Nazi-related content on this thread. Too much derailing.

3. Keep other nation politics to their own threads. If it's not directly related to the conflict happening right now with Ukraine then it is considered OT. If you want to post so-and-so's bad take from America there is a US politics thread for that. This also goes for Biden hate/support. Go there because if you go off on this thread you will be banned.

4. Do not post graphic images. If your link contains something that might be nsfw post a description of the content and the link hidden under spoilers. Extreme gore is not allowed to be linked/posted.

5. Nations that are land-locked next to Ukraine and under threat of invasion are allowed to be discussed in this thread.

6. Economic discussions about other nations with Ukraine and Russia are allowed. Sanction discussion is allowed and the companies that are involved.

Also please hide twitter posts behind spoilers they really bog things down for mobile users scrolling. Not a rule but I will edit posts that stretch the thread too much.
1 Image
I am not an Administrator. Please contact those in the group 'Administrator' for account-related questions.

For ban overturns contact me in a DM on here or Discord. You must provide an IP address for any bans to be looked at.

Reactions:

Re: Ukraine and Russia megathread v2.

Post by Guest »

The funniest thing is that 80% of Ukraine population can't even speak Ukrainian language at all. I mean, my dad was born and raised in Ukraine( Herson) and can't speak a word and so do the majority of the people but are forced to otherwise will be beaten up or even jailed.
Trolololol. Why post such obvious lies that instantly expose you and render your post worthless?
A large majority of Ukrainian citizens call Ukrainian their primary language, and Ukrainian is more widely used in everyday life than Russian. Anyone can look that up so easily.
Bye.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Where is the rest of the thread? :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 00:34
Where is the rest of the thread? :unsure:
I can't see it. Did they just delete the whole thing? I hope not, there were links to so many good resources in there. Surely they would just lock it but leave it up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This interview with Julia Ioffe was linked in the previous thread and as another anon said, these last few minutes especially seem very accurate and ominous

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Response #2. It's a new thread. That troll's post was gone. Why on earth would you bring it over here as the first response on the new thread??? <_<

Saki888
Veteran
Reactions: 198

Post by Saki888 »

Bennet .... surrender has never been a acceptable thing among Jewish people. He's really in deep with Russia more than I thought. This will be seen as shameful in Israel

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guessing that maybe something or more than one thing posted on the other thread had issues? Maybe a link or pic or video was somehow buggy? Who knows.

Just keep the discussion going. We obviously can't help if it's all deleted. As long as there is a space to keep the dialogue open, we should.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saki888 wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 00:41

Bennet .... surrender has never been a acceptable thing among Jewish people. He's really in deep with Russia more than I thought. This will be seen as shameful in Israel
Well now we know why they wouldn't let the US give Ukraine the missile defense system. The US needs to cut off all aid to Israel, Bennet can go get it from his bestie putin.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saki888 wrote:

Ikr?? That's rich coming from Israel. National defense is part of their way of life. If anyone should be sympathetic, it's them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dissatisfied with the new government.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Russia Says Injured Pregnant Woman Is a Crisis Actor. She’s Actually a Pregnant Blogger.

When Russian forces bombed a maternity clinic in the war-torn Ukrainian city of Mariupol on Wednesday, they first insisted the facility was a Ukrainian military outpost and, as such, a fair target in the two-week-old, senseless war.

But on Thursday, the Russian Embassy in the U.K. sought to take things one step further, tweeting out a photo of woman who has become the poster person of the atrocity—a young, blonde, heavily pregnant woman in maternity pajamas, wrapped in a dirty blanket with blood dripping down her face.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-says- ... 35158.html

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

One of the most unexpected, sad things about this has been Israel’s response. Just a shocking amount of indifference.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Military expert - about 16 thousand volunteers who are ready to arrive from the countries of the Middle East to support the DPR and LPR(Russia)

"16 thousand applications is an impressive number. Judging by the announced geography, these are several countries of the Middle East. Probably, most of them are in Iraq, Syria, Iran. The ground forces of the three countries have extensive experience in military operations: these people have been in arms for many years There are many in Syria who served not just in the regular army, but, for example, served in such units as Suhel Al-Hassan's Tiger Forces, there are many special forces in the Republican Guard of Iraq, Iran has a Takavaran - Special Forces of the Naval Forces.

If those who applied, at least partially served in these countries and units, then this is a huge, combat-ready and trained group that can operate in the most dangerous areas.

The Syrian "Tiger Forces", as well as the Iranian "Takavaran", were originally created as units for anti-terror and operations in urban areas, so their combat experience can come in handy. Iran also has Al-Quds, an analogue of our GRU special forces."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... to-ukraine
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/pu ... 022-03-11/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 00:51
Saki888 wrote:
Ikr?? That's rich coming from Israel. National defense is part of their way of life. If anyone should be sympathetic, it's them.
DA You think what most would but the opposite, as demonstrated by him wanting Ukraine to capitulate, is true. Russia and Israel are historically deeply entwined. And, that's definitely because of the historic significant numbers of Russian Jews who migrated to Israel. https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/20 ... -zelenskyy They know Putin won't capitulate and also want to keep him, and Russia, onside because of historic family, migration, links and cultural and societal norms that the immigrants brought to Israel. They have no such ties to Ukraine and therefore no bond to maintain and no wish economically to build ties. Even before the war they didn't have a wish to make any economic bond with Ukraine.

Looking after his own Country (Israel). This is also why China is now changing its tune. It's actually starting to word things against Russia. That because some of the sanctions are, by way of Russia, hitting China. China, having saturated the world with products, only really had Russia left from an economic growth point of view. Russian, having seemingly turned their back on the cold war, now had a burgeoning economy and citizens with money to spend. China has lost a massive economic growth segment and is, and surprisingly quickly, reeling from it. So, the sanctions on Russia are going to impact China heavily. This is why Xi's, and his officials, are gingerly altering their stance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

SA IMPORTANT - Ignore the link I put in post 14.

It's not the relevant link. If you respond to that link you'll be, in my view, posting OT.

I'll track down the link I meant to attach and post on a later post.

Sorry for any confusion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

SA ^^ At myself :handbags: That's the link on post 16 and not 14 as I said. So, ignore the link on post 16.

I'll attach the correct link shortly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why was the previous thread deleted? wtf have the mods done?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

SA (one from above who put wrong link) - I can't find the original link. Unfortunate because it gave a very good (unbiased, purely historic based), in summary, history of the links between Russia and Israel.

But this https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/ ... rm-country news article from 2011 picks up on the same thing. The migratory links between Russia and Israel. At the time of the article "they now constitute around 15% of Israel's 7.7 million population; "According to Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics around 30% of immigrants from the former Soviet Union in the 1990s were not Jews or not considered Jewish under Orthodox law. In 2005 that figure leapt to 59%. Only around 5% of the non-Jews have converted". So, Israel has a high proportion of Russian immigrants or their descendants.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Putin lover, same person who once defended the white supremacist Trump, sure is working overtime here to defend the mass murder of Ukranian civilians. What a truly sick person.

Sentry
Reactions: 129

Post by Sentry »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 01:37
Why was the previous thread deleted? wtf have the mods done?
Some technical issues. Some threads were able to have it fixed quickly while others still were posing problems.

I have not perma-deleted the thread. If fixed I can merge the original thread with this one at a later date. For now, please use this one.
I am not an Administrator. Please contact those in the group 'Administrator' for account-related questions.

For ban overturns contact me in a DM on here or Discord. You must provide an IP address for any bans to be looked at.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Response #2. It's a new thread. That troll's post was gone. Why on earth would you bring it over here as the first response on the new thread??? <_<
Because I don't like misinformation staying there left unchecked.
Further explanation - the troll post was not 'gone' or else how did I quote it? When I was unable to reply in the original thread I assumed it was because that thread was being locked for being so large so I responded in the new thread instead of the old one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 01:02
One of the most unexpected, sad things about this has been Israel’s response. Just a shocking amount of indifference.
I mean, considering their own backyard...

But I guess this means they're not gonna give Ukraine Iron Dome tech on the stealth

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

From the other board:
https://www.crisisgroup.org/content/con ... -explainer

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/02/worl ... ttack.html

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So the conflict is not between a country of 100% perfect angels vs a county of 100% evil demons.
Yes I think everyone with a brain already knew that.
But when one country invades another for no valid reason, goes after non-military targets, intentionally targets civilians, makes millions homeless (and in many cases also makes sure they will have no homes to return to afterwards) and generally commits war crimes, it makes it very easy for most people to choose a side.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 02:18
So the conflict is not between a country of 100% perfect angels vs a county of 100% evil demons.
But when one country invades another for no valid reason, goes after non-military targets, intentionally targets civilians, makes millions homeless (and in many cases also makes sure they will have no homes to return to afterwards) and generally commits war crimes, it makes it very easy for most people to choose a side.
Yes. 100% this. Even if a country is full of misogynistic, racist civilians and government I will not support a war against them. Same way invasions to topple governments led by US and NATO is wrong too. Any form of drone strike, invasion on another sovereign country is inexcusable.

If the country doesn't want regime change, you cannot force it to, calling it a liberation while actually eyeing their strategic resources. No government is without skeletons, no country is without its problem, but nobody deserves to get bombed out of their own country.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 02:35
Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 02:18
Yes. 100% this. Even if a country is full of misogynistic, racist civilians and government I will not support a war against them. Same way invasions to topple governments led by US and NATO is wrong too. Any form of drone strike, invasion on another sovereign country is inexcusable.

If the country doesn't want regime change, you cannot force it to, calling it a liberation while actually eyeing their strategic resources. No government is without skeletons, no country is without its problem, but nobody deserves to get bombed out of their own country.
Then why are you posting a bunch of putin's propaganda?

We get it, you're upset about whatever happened to your own country and I'm sorry you're so upset but if you truly believe that all wars are bad you wouldn't be spreading putin's bullshit. He relies on people, like you, to spread his bullshit to try and give him credibility for him invading another country and murdering it's citizens. So in the end you are supporting his invasion and bombing of another country.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yes, every country has them. His country. My country. The USA. Everyone. That doesn't give carte blanche for everyone to bomb hospitals and schools in whichever place they want. (not that any sane person actually wants to bomb any hospital or school)

I see that poo-pootin' has poo-pooed instagram in Russia now. This is a major hit to his own country's gold digging influencer demographic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Some of my IG photo/arts followings are Russian women in their 20-30, apparently well exposed to English media and travel internationally. I didn't expect anything from them but actually seeing their "Don't believe the propaganda etc etc" posting smh

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 01:16
DA You think what most would but the opposite, as demonstrated by him wanting Ukraine to capitulate, is true. Russia and Israel are historically deeply entwined. And, that's definitely because of the historic significant numbers of Russian Jews who migrated to Israel. https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/20 ... -zelenskyy They know Putin won't capitulate and also want to keep him, and Russia, onside because of historic family, migration, links and cultural and societal norms that the immigrants brought to Israel. They have no such ties to Ukraine and therefore no bond to maintain and no wish economically to build ties. Even before the war they didn't have a wish to make any economic bond with Ukraine.
Interesting. I know about Russian Jews in Israel. Aren't there Ukrainian Jews? In terms of economic ties, just like Russian oligarchs, a significant percentage of Ukrainian oligarchs are Jews, no?

The TikTok War
Reactions:

Post by The TikTok War »

VICE: https://www.vice.com/en/article/epxken/ ... propaganda
Investigation finds a campaign coordinated in a secret Telegram channel to pay Russian TikTok influencers to post videos pushing pro-Kremlin narratives

Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... ite-house/
Biden administration is working with Gen Z For Change, a nonprofit advocacy group, to brief top TikTok stars about the war in Ukraine

Saki888
Veteran
Reactions: 198

Post by Saki888 »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 03:01
Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 01:16
Interesting. I know about Russian Jews in Israel. Aren't there Ukrainian Jews? In terms of economic ties, just like Russian oligarchs, a significant percentage of Ukrainian oligarchs are Jews, no?
Yes , have a historic connection in Ukraine. Ukraine use to be the center of Jewish life.
This video shows Ukraine when it was occupied hungry known munkacs

2:46 that song that the children sung Became the Israeli national anthem
Last edited by Saki888 on 12 Mar 2022, 03:45, edited 1 time in total.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There was a Ukrainian comment before the war started that Europe would suffer if the Nord stream pipeline is blocked.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^Good comment:
Europe and USA should be careful not to completely cut off Russia. The mutual dependence between Russia and Europe has been effective in maintaining world peace. Imagine what will happen if Europe and USA cuts off Russia completely. The biggest beneficiary will be China. Meaning China will have access to cheaper Russian oil and gas. Thus cheaper energy. This would enable the Chinese to become even more cost competitive in terms of exports to the rest of the world. The use of emotions in decision making is never a good idea. Inadvertently the biggest winner in all this will be China. The way out of the Ukraine crisis is not sanctions or more weapons to Ukraine or bombing the country into submission. Prayer and genuine diplomatic efforts is the solution.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

American here. Voted for Biden (Don't start, cause we all know Trump was a million times worse and that he literally loves Putin). But I am disappointed right now. By my count, the U.S. 1.)won't help provide planes 2.) isn't taking refugees, and 3.) now won't even help Europe cover their Russia oil loss by exporting to them? Jeez.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 03:42
^Good comment:
Europe and USA should be careful not to completely cut off Russia. The mutual dependence between Russia and Europe has been effective in maintaining world peace. Imagine what will happen if Europe and USA cuts off Russia completely. The biggest beneficiary will be China. Meaning China will have access to cheaper Russian oil and gas. Thus cheaper energy. This would enable the Chinese to become even more cost competitive in terms of exports to the rest of the world. The use of emotions in decision making is never a good idea. Inadvertently the biggest winner in all this will be China. The way out of the Ukraine crisis is not sanctions or more weapons to Ukraine or bombing the country into submission. Prayer and genuine diplomatic efforts is the solution.

No country really benefits from being a hermit. 2 countries being hermits together is the same.
China is already feeling some effect of being seen as a Russian ally. International customers of Chinese businesses are already starting to look at alternatives. It is on a small scale now but if that turned into a movement driven by global consumer sentiment then it would have a major impact on the Chinese economy that results so heavily on exports.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 03:25
There was a Ukrainian comment before the war started that Europe would suffer if the Nord stream pipeline is blocked.
Russian propaganda.
Ukraine was and still is very much against Nord Stream! Nord Stream pretty much enables Russia to cut off Ukraine from Russian gas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Interesting if sanctions won't work why is putin so pissed about them and saying it's a declaration of war?

Oh yes the answer is prayer. :eyeroll: let me guess you think prayer will turn me straight too? :rofl: Take that propaganda somewhere else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

EU can't quit Russian has for now. Sigh trade was supposed to keep international conflicts to a minimal to protect mutual benefits. I just don't understand why Putin would drag his entire country down this path.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't understand this war but if everything that is happening is just because Ukraine wants to join NATO I don't even know what to say then cause everyone is insane to not tell that president to fuck off with Putin and leave people in peace. But I guess I'm just too lazy and hopeless to read more so I don't really know what is going on between those two idiots.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 04:38
I don't understand this war but if everything that is happening is just because Ukraine wants to join NATO I don't even know what to say then cause everyone is insane to not tell that president to fuck off with Putin and leave people in peace. But I guess I'm just too lazy and hopeless to read more so I don't really know what is going on between those two idiots.
If I'm your neighbor and I'm always heavily hinting how much I want to take your house by force and you go, uh, is someone seeing this, can y'all help and that immediately makes me attack you, are you gonna be like, it's your fault for speaking up?

The fact that there's a freaking war going on and NATO and the US are afraid to even provide planes shows how much they actually want to be in a war with Russia: not at all! Russia's "security concerns" have been proven false. There would have been no threat to Russia even if Ukraine had been part of NATO. This war is completely, 100% Putin's fault and he's ruined two countries and the lives of many people due to his own greed and egomania.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 04:38

Yep, you are right, you don't understand this war. There is one idiot here, Putin, there is no both sides argument to be had. Putin invaded another country and is murdering its citizens. He has thrown out all kinds of shit hoping people will believe it was necessary for him to invade and murder but it all boils down to his speech when he first invaded...he is an evil man with a massive ego that is longing to relive his USSR days and doesn't care who he harms, including his own people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 04:21
Interesting if sanctions won't work why is putin so pissed about them and saying it's a declaration of war?

Oh yes the answer is prayer. :eyeroll: let me guess you think prayer will turn me straight too? :rofl: Take that propaganda somewhere else.
Obviously sanctions work!
They should make them even more unbearable for Russia, so Russia and its leaders won't be able to plan and execute any imperialistic actions.

https://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/nuclea ... m-20220308

https://news.i-n24.com/business/72622.html

WTF France is doing?! Apparently French still want to make "business" with Russians by selling 20% stake in the turbine manufacturer GEAST to the Russian giant Rosatom
Looks like sanctions don't cover nuclear energy. This calls for immediate changes!

Germany and France are not really loyal.
Do they think they can outsmart everyone? They want to have their cake and eat it too - impose sanctions so it looks good but don't hurt their business and political ties with Russia. I'm disgusted.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 05:02
Obviously sanctions work!
They should make them even more unbearable for Russia, so Russia and its leaders won't be able to plan and execute any imperialistic actions.

https://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/nuclea ... m-20220308

https://news.i-n24.com/business/72622.html

WTF France is doing?! Apparently French still want to make "business" with Russians by selling 20% stake in the turbine manufacturer GEAST to the Russian giant Rosatom
Looks like sanctions don't cover nuclear energy. This calls for immediate changes!

Germany and France are not really loyal.
Do they think they can outsmart everyone? They want to have their cake and eat it too - impose sanctions so it looks good but don't hurt their business and political ties with Russia. I'm disgusted.
Yeah I always knew. Selective sanctions that don't affect them as much

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

a worldwide prayer is all nice and everything. just for a change, should we maybe try and get everyone to come together for a targeted curse instead? where are my witches?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 05:39
a worldwide prayer is all nice and everything. just for a change, should we maybe try and get everyone to come together for a targeted curse instead? where are my witches?
Nah, I'm a pray type of person, I believe in god. Everything can be solved with love. I pray for peace and people who suffer.
But I wouldn't mind this bastard killer Putin and his cronies to be taken down asap!!

Too-Ticki
Reactions: 108

Post by Too-Ticki »

Some long reads and background info links I saved from the previous thread:
1 Image
Last edited by Too-Ticki on 12 Mar 2022, 07:30, edited 1 time in total.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 00:51
Saki888 wrote:

Actually it's quite Apt for Israel, considering..... :shifty: .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Weakness of the Despot
An expert on Stalin discusses Putin, Russia, and the West.
(Interview with Stephen Kotkin)
https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/ ... ine-stalin

Too-Ticki
Reactions: 108

Post by Too-Ticki »

Mayor of Melitopol kidnapped, Ukraine says

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy says Russian forces have kidnapped Ivan Fedorov, the mayor of Melitopol.

Footage shared by officials in the presidential office appears to show armed men escorting a man out of a building in the city centre.

Ukraine's parliament says a bag was placed over Mr Fedorov's head, while the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has warned the abduction amounts to a war crime.

Mr Zelenskyy equated the kidnapping to the actions of "IS terrorists", and said Russian forces "have transitioned into a new stage of terror".

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war- ... eblog-body

Protesters take to streets of city after mayor 'kidnaped by Russian forces'

As reported earlier (see 4.40 post), CCTV footage appeared to show the mayor the occupied city of Melitopol being kidnapped by Russian forces.

New images purport to show people taking to the streets to protest over the kidnapping.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war- ... eblog-body