Guest wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 13:50
Guest wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 06:47
Guest wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 11:18
Guest wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 10:38
Ukraine is the perfect example of what happens when you bite the hand that feeds you.
Ukraine in the Russian/Soviet sphere:
Agricultural and industrial powerhouse, One of the highest living standards in the Eastern bloc, Highly educated population both men and women
Ukraine in the US/EU:
Capital of the world's organ trafficking network, Poorest and most corrupt country in Europe with the same living standards as the worst countries in Africa, Everyone lost their jobs after the economic collapse so women became prostitutes to feed their family and men became alcoholics/drug addicts who don't live past 50 years old
This is something all eastern europeans have experienced it's not only Ukraine. My grandparents from Moldova wanted the collapse of the soviet system and they immediately regretted it when it happened but it was too late by the time people realized their mistake. I don't blame them for being naive since every country that was under soviet influence was aggressively targeted by western propaganda like Радио Свобода (Radio Free Europe) and all those insane CIA psy-ops that convinced soviet citizens that capitalism was heaven and communism was hell. It's not their fault they fell for it. Sill it's crazy to think my grandaparents generation threw their future and our future under the bus to have McDonald's and and be able to listen to american music. I think Gorbachev's Pizza Hut commercial is a good example that illustrates the humiliation and decline because it's so absurd it's almost comical.
My dad said he used to listen to radio svaboda every morning as a kid, this was around early to mid 1980s. I wonder why the authorities weren't doing anything to prevent american disinformation to spread...
I am from Russia and I am against the war. The youth of Russia in the 90s of the 20th century listened to Radio Liberty, took to the barricades in 1991 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Sovi ... at_attempt and loved democracy. The irony is that now this generation is 45-55 years old. And Russians between the ages of 45 and 50 support the war most of all now. Paradox. People who welcomed democracy now support an anti-democratic war against Ukraine. Moreover, their support is greater than the support of the older generation.
---
I don't support them, and I don't support the war. But I remember my shock and my existential crisis when America and Germany started bombing Serbia. I knew that democracy is good and war is bad. Why do good democracies do bad things? There was a breakdown in my soul. I was 14 and I remember this shock to this day.
Serbia was bombed by NATO (US and UK being most prominent advocates) because in 90s Serbia started wars in Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo. International court of justice ruled Serbia commited a genocide. Breakdown in your souls is nothing compared to evil Serbia has done in those 8 or 9 years. Speaking of Serbia, they forbade europride this weekend. So perhaps you get over your shock.

Reactions:

Re: Ukraine and Russia megathread v2.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 11:44
Guest wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 10:51
Guest wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 10:48
Guest wrote:
Ukraine is the perfect example of what happens when you bite the hand that feeds you.
Agricultural and industrial powerhouse, One of the highest living standards in the Eastern bloc, Highly educated population both men and women
Ukraine in the US/EU:
Capital of the world's organ trafficking network, Poorest and most corrupt country in Europe with the same living standards as the worst countries in Africa, Everyone lost their jobs after the economic collapse so women became prostitutes to feed their family and men became alcoholics/drug addicts who don't live past 50 years old
(not from the West or former Soviet bloc) Current Russia cannot even provide the bolded to their own Russian citizens; how can they provide that (feed???) to Ukraine?
Pink part: What is better known to the whole world than Ukrainian women?

"Russian whores/prostitues; Russian mail order bride" is very well known to even the uneducated country bumpkin in the non-first world countries.
Both Ukrainian and Russian women are known for that. But no one understands the origin of this stereotype. It's not because they're genetically prone to being gold diggers or whatever racist idea westerners invented it's because when the soviet union fell apart people had to find a way to survive so women resorted to prostitution. And that's not the saddest part there were children under the age of 10 who did it too. Russian and Ukrainian elderly had to eat grass and food from garbage bins on the street because the state was not doing their job anymore and their pensions were not paid. This is the result of the capitalist shock therapy.

I hate this video so much. Soviet society didn't have prostitution, homelessness, drug traffic, or any kind of violent crime unlike Russia today... it's sad that our country became such a mess. I wish I experienced a time when things were good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 12:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ukraine in the US/EU:
(not from the West or former Soviet bloc) Current Russia cannot even provide the bolded to their own Russian citizens; how can they provide that (feed???) to Ukraine?

"Russian whores/prostitues; Russian mail order bride" is very well known to even the uneducated country bumpkin in the non-first world countries.
Both Ukrainian and Russian women are known for that. But no one understands the origin of this stereotype. It's not because they're genetically prone to being gold diggers or whatever racist idea westerners invented it's because when the soviet union fell apart people had to find a way to survive so women resorted to prostitution. And that's not the saddest part there were children under the age of 10 who did it too. Russian and Ukrainian elderly had to eat grass and food from garbage bins on the street because the state was not doing their job anymore and their pensions were not paid. This is the result of the capitalist shock therapy.

I hate this video so much. Soviet society didn't have prostitution, homelessness, drug traffic, or any kind of violent crime unlike Russia today... it's sad that our country became such a mess. I wish I experienced a time when things were good.
You're legit mentally slow if you still think USSR had none of that. We had state TV and state press that never spoke about social issues and kept hush-hush on the real crime numbers.

Russian het women who built that reputation for themselves are gold-digger whôres with no integrity, and that lifestyle was celebrated through the entirety of 80s and 90s. You were either a Pammy Anderson cosplay act bimbo married to an oligarch, or an office job nobody wasting your life married to a sad drunk with a dead-end academia job or something. An engineer with a lighter drinking problem.

Ukrainian women are an entirely different breed compared to the majority of haggard, low IQ, no ambition male-identified Russian hags.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All wars are because of men, their stupidity, ambitions and fucking testosterone.

If you are a woman caught up in any war - find any way to leave (usually women can). Save yourself and your kids (if you have them). Let freaking men deal with this bullshit. That's what I did and so freaking glad I did it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 12:20
All wars are because of

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 14:14
I don't even know who's the dumbest here: the girl who suggested wasting energy, or the people who are taking it seriously.
I do know, though. The dumb one here is you anon who posts tweets from random Russian women to prove that we're some kind of villains. Go with that shit on reddit or any other misogynistic trash site.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
All wars are because of men, their stupidity, ambitions and fucking testosterone.

If you are a woman caught up in any war - find any way to leave (usually women can). Save yourself and your kids (if you have them). Let freaking men deal with this bullshit. That's what I did and so freaking glad I did it.
Which war? Are you from Ukraine?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 14:31
Guest wrote:
I don't even know who's the dumbest here: the girl who suggested wasting energy, or the people who are taking it seriously.
I do know, though. The dumb one here is you anon who posts tweets from random Russian women to prove that we're some kind of villains. Go with that shit on reddit or any other misogynistic trash site.
YOU ARE. Plenty of Russian WOMEN (yes, :fool: ) have voluntarily proved all over Europe (and elsewhere) what kind of total shameless trash they are (Even violently harassing Ukrainians and others)... So proudly... On video for all to see.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
If you look this person up, she's a russian born pro-putin plant in EU, married/partnered to a german fitness coach; hoe doesn't work and doesn't have any professional social media or anything, and is on booking.com's black-list after someone complained about her vlogs hyping up for Ukrainian integration with Russia.

Hoe is from Togliatti, which is a former working-class factory city, and a definition of failed post-soviet shithole by any reasonable measure, no wonder she's sucking on Putin PR budget titty so hard, otherwise homegirl will be scoring maccies for the night janitor job openings since I highly doubt this low-iq scum is fluent in any language other than Russian. She's about a generation away from the bleached Russkie whöres I've just referred to in a comment above :nails:

Good to see some things never change if they're cultural and hets don't think it's a bad thing to swirl that borsch pussy a bit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 14:40
Guest wrote:

No, I ran from Israeli - Palestinian conflict (Gaza Strip). But basically the same shit.
Wars are men's fuck ups. Let them deal with this shit, and find any way to leave if you can.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 13:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ukraine in the US/EU:
This is something all eastern europeans have experienced it's not only Ukraine. My grandparents from Moldova wanted the collapse of the soviet system and they immediately regretted it when it happened but it was too late by the time people realized their mistake. I don't blame them for being naive since every country that was under soviet influence was aggressively targeted by western propaganda like Радио Свобода (Radio Free Europe) and all those insane CIA psy-ops that convinced soviet citizens that capitalism was heaven and communism was hell. It's not their fault they fell for it. Sill it's crazy to think my grandaparents generation threw their future and our future under the bus to have McDonald's and and be able to listen to american music. I think Gorbachev's Pizza Hut commercial is a good example that illustrates the humiliation and decline because it's so absurd it's almost comical.
My dad said he used to listen to radio svaboda every morning as a kid, this was around early to mid 1980s. I wonder why the authorities weren't doing anything to prevent american disinformation to spread...
I am from Russia and I am against the war. The youth of Russia in the 90s of the 20th century listened to Radio Liberty, took to the barricades in 1991 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Sovi ... at_attempt and loved democracy. The irony is that now this generation is 45-55 years old. And Russians between the ages of 45 and 50 support the war most of all now. Paradox. People who welcomed democracy now support an anti-democratic war against Ukraine. Moreover, their support is greater than the support of the older generation.
---
I don't support them, and I don't support the war. But I remember my shock and my existential crisis when America and Germany started bombing Serbia. I knew that democracy is good and war is bad. Why do good democracies do bad things? There was a breakdown in my soul. I was 14 and I remember this shock to this day.
Serbia was bombed by NATO (US and UK being most prominent advocates) because in 90s Serbia started wars in Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo. International court of justice ruled Serbia commited a genocide. Breakdown in your souls is nothing compared to evil Serbia has done in those 8 or 9 years. Speaking of Serbia, they forbade europride this weekend. So perhaps you get over your shock.
I am from Russia and I am against the war. It was me who was naive at 14 and was shocked.
---
I think it's wrong to bomb Serbia and it's wrong to invade Ukraine. It is wrong to justify the war.
Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 06:30
Ukrainian women are an entirely different breed compared to the majority of haggard, low IQ, no ambition male-identified Russian hags.
People do not even understand that reasoning about the superiority of one nation over another is Nazism.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 12:44
People do not even understand that reasoning about the superiority of one nation over another is Nazism.
Has your social media manager paypaled you $0.5 and discount potato bag voucher for this comment?

If you are in denial that one neighboring nation can be progressing while the other one steadily goes backwards for two decades straight, and 2022 Russian state went full on nazi, consider booking a lobotomy, you're beyond help.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 13:41
Guest wrote:
Has your social media manager paypaled you $0.5 and discount potato bag voucher for this comment?

If you are in denial that one neighboring nation can be progressing while the other one steadily goes backwards for two decades straight, and 2022 Russian state went full on nazi, consider booking a lobotomy, you're beyond help.
Da. Anon, read your comments again. You said that Ukrainian women are a different breed? then you used misogynistic moral categories against millions of women you don't know.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 15:35
Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 13:41
Guest wrote:

Da. Anon, read your comments again. You said that Ukrainian women are a different breed? then you used misogynistic moral categories against millions of women you don't know.
Three more comments defending Russian state will earn you a tube of mayo or a double shot of vodka, Polina, and with fifteen more comments defending Putin's voters to your name you can enroll in a draw for a looted washing machine hauled from the Kiev suburbs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
New wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

---
I am from Russia and I am against the war. It was me who was naive at 14 and was shocked.
---
I think it's wrong to bomb Serbia and it's wrong to invade Ukraine. It is wrong to justify the war.
Guest wrote:
It's called xenophobia, not nazism.

New
Reactions:

Post by New »

Guest wrote:
New wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

---
---
Guest wrote:
Again, Serbia was bombed because they started 4 wars in 8 years, including a genocide. They were bombed to stop them from commiting another genocide. If nothing, they should have been bombed sooner and stopped from terrorising their neighbours.

Russia will suffer long term because of this war. Just ask your friends in Serbia...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 17:28
Guest wrote:
New wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

---
---
Guest wrote:
Again, Serbia was bombed because they started 4 wars in 8 years, including a genocide. They were bombed to stop them from commiting another genocide. If nothing, they should have been bombed sooner and stopped from terrorising their neighbours.

Russia will suffer long term because of this war. Just ask your friends in Serbia...
DA. Western countries have done their fare share of atrocities and so has Russia. That's what I think. Bombing kills indiscriminately. Innocent people and animals get killed or crippled. But Russia on top of it is enlarging it's territory, that's an entirely different level. If they would simply try to establish new countries in Crimea or Donbass. But their aim is to enlarge their own country.

New
Reactions:

Post by New »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 17:58
New wrote:
Guest wrote:
New wrote:
Guest wrote:

---
---
Guest wrote:

DA. Western countries have done their fare share of atrocities and so has Russia. That's what I think. Bombing kills indiscriminately. Innocent people and animals get killed or crippled. But Russia on top of it is enlarging it's territory, that's an entirely different level. If they would simply try to establish new countries in Crimea or Donbass. But their aim is to enlarge their own country.
Nobody says west didn't do bad things. But Serbia started wars in the middle of Europe at the end of last century, and Russia is doing pretty much the same thing (enlarging territory by claiming to protect its people on those territories, exactly the same what Serbs we're doing) now in year 2022.and everyone is done with this war bullshit already. Serbia still suffers from the sanctions and is losing part of a territory (Kosovo) as sort of a punishment and Russia will see effects of sanctions later. They won't gain anything by this war. Ukraine fights for their country and Russia can't hold what they took forever. In the end they will lose more than they gain.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 17:58
New wrote:
Guest wrote:
New wrote:
Guest wrote:

---
---
Guest wrote:

I have some sympathy for Russia in this regard.
They do need more land. They are confined to such a small area the moment. It is only fair that they get more. It will change everything for them. Some destruction and rapes and torture and war crimes are a small price to pay.
Poor Russia with their tiny land :alright:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 15:11
Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 14:40
Guest wrote:

No, I ran from Israeli - Palestinian conflict (Gaza Strip). But basically the same shit.
Wars are men's fuck ups. Let them deal with this shit, and find any way to leave if you can.
You are wise. Hope you are doing well now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 12:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ukraine in the US/EU:

I think 20 percent of men at least are pedophiles in waiting. Why is child prostitution so huge of a problem worldwide in poor countries? Ask yourself that. Many, MANY men are pedophilic and their wives/girlfriends don’t know.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Putin announced a military mobilization.

Will the Russians finally go out on the streets and start protesting?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why do russian sympathizers immediately resort to whataboutism when called out on their shit?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 09:42

I didn't know that uni-educated Russian men are exempt from military (duties?). For big city dwellers, they have no reason to protest because it doesn't affect them but the inferior uneducated second-rate-citizens who are elsewhere. And for protests to be effective, it needs to be done in top big cities. (others can easily be crushed)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 10:09
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 09:42

I didn't know that uni-educated Russian men are exempt from military (duties?). For big city dwellers, they have no reason to protest because it doesn't affect them but the inferior uneducated second-rate-citizens who are elsewhere. And for protests to be effective, it needs to be done in top big cities. (others can easily be crushed)
Ok, but not all men in big cities have the higher education, they are probably not even the majority. There are supposed to be protest this evening, let's see what happens.

Just a few minutes after Putin made his announcement all the direct flights to Turkey and Armenia were sold out. Stock market crashed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Russians bought out all the plane tickets to countries without visa requirement...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If the protestors get jailed for protesting against mobilisation, do they still get sent to war? Will the Russian army send anti-war soldiers?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Should we be worried that the devil would really use nuclear weapon or he wouldn't go this far?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 16:54
If the protestors get jailed for protesting against mobilisation, do they still get sent to war? Will the Russian army send anti-war soldiers?
Possibly, they will just use them as cannon fodder.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Pictures from the protests https://meduza.io/feature/2022/09/21/v- ... bilizatsii

Why are most of them young? Where are all the elders? Don't they care about their sons and grandsons? I don't get it. If the crowds would be big enough Putin would not have enough police to contain them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 21:19
Pictures from the protests https://meduza.io/feature/2022/09/21/v- ... bilizatsii

Why are most of them young? Where are all the elders? Don't they care about their sons and grandsons? I don't get it. If the crowds would be big enough Putin would not have enough police to contain them.

They don't even have the courage to speak up for their own sons and grandsons. What happened to Russia psyche as a result of the oppression is a warning tale..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 09:59
Why do russian sympathizers immediately resort to whataboutism when called out on their shit?
Ok but what about Ukrainian pigs? They sometimes resort to things as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 01:18
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 09:59
Ok but what about Ukrainian pigs? They sometimes resort to things as well.
DA you just proved OP's point on whataboutism *slow claps*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 23:46
Guest wrote:

They don't even have the courage to speak up for their own sons and grandsons. What happened to Russia psyche as a result of the oppression is a warning tale..
I have had the same thoughts (even before this comical protest) as this tweet for long. Even these "young" people are not some righteous people who are protesting against the war (rather genocide). If they were, where have they been since February, now for nearly 7 months?

It's just the classic NIMBY thing. "I don't want precious ME doing the fighting (oh, that's for the uneducated inferior village idiot losers whose only option was something like military)"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 02:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I have had the same thoughts (even before this comical protest) as this tweet for long. Even these "young" people are not some righteous people who are protesting against the war (rather genocide). If they were, where have they been since February, now for nearly 7 months?

It's just the classic NIMBY thing. "I don't want precious ME doing the fighting (oh, that's for the uneducated inferior village idiot losers whose only option was something like military)"
You are being unfair. There are lots of Russians who are anti-war. And some even went to protests in February, got beaten up by police and arrested. You can just see what a scared nation they are, because even when Putin is ordering to send them to the grinding machine, they are so passive and were not able to gather a sufficient amount of protesters. They can't even speak up for themselves, and you want them to speak up for Ukrainians.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 06:34
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 02:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

You are being unfair. There are lots of Russians who are anti-war. And some even went to protests in February, got beaten up by police and arrested. You can just see what a scared nation they are, because even when Putin is ordering to send them to the grinding machine, they are so passive and were not able to gather a sufficient amount of protesters. They can't even speak up for themselves, and you want them to speak up for Ukrainians.
DA yeah sure there were protestors initially and we applaud them for their bravery and sacrifice, but majority of their countrymen are ambivalent about the war. I've been lurking on at their telegram channels for months. Even in the more anti government chat groups people are joking about the NATO nations and joking how much revenue Russia is gaining from oil exports to neutral countries. They are just very mildly sympathetic to the Ukrainians, even victimized that Russian athletes are being shunned overseas, and like what the above anon said, as long as it doesn't affect their lives they don't care who's dying in the war.

MsY
Reactions:

Re: Ukraine and Russia megathread v

Post by MsY »

I'm a Ukrainian from Kharkiv (second largest Ukrainian city, home of several Universities with thousands of foreign students studying there). The city is located 40 km from the boarder with Russia, so obviously we were the first among affected on February 24. Had to flee to the EU because of the war. I'm one of those numerous highly educated Ukrainian women, who had nice job, apartment and happy life before the war, which completely changed after the Russian aggression.

Well, those who had eyes saw it coming long ago. Russia's been establishing this Nazi-like state since 2003 at least. With all the military propaganda, xenophobia, fake history lessons by Kremlin's mouthpieces, their unsuccessful intrusion in Ukrainian Orange Revolution in 2004, and successful one in the Revolution of Dignity in 2013 when their SpecOps camouflaged as Ukrainian police killed peaceful protesters, Russia overtaking Belarus after their failed riots. It was hard to predict the scale of the new stage of war, which Russia started in 2014 when it annexed Crimea and orchestrated rebellions in Donetsk and Luhansk regions. So go ahead, ask me what you want to know about Russia's war on Ukraine and our centuries long relationship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MsY wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 08:46
I'm a Ukrainian from Kharkiv (second largest Ukrainian city, home of several Universities with thousands of foreign students studying there). The city is located 40 km from the boarder with Russia, so obviously we were the first among affected on February 24. Had to flee to the EU because of the war. I'm one of those numerous highly educated Ukrainian women, who had nice job, apartment and happy life before the war, which completely changed after the Russian aggression.

Well, those who had eyes saw it coming long ago. Russia's been establishing this Nazi-like state since 2003 at least. With all the military propaganda, xenophobia, fake history lessons by Kremlin's mouthpieces, their unsuccessful intrusion in Ukrainian Orange Revolution in 2004, and successful one in the Revolution of Dignity in 2013 when their SpecOps camouflaged as Ukrainian police killed peaceful protesters, Russia overtaking Belarus after their failed riots. It was hard to predict the scale of the new stage of war, which Russia started in 2014 when it annexed Crimea and orchestrated rebellions in Donetsk and Luhansk regions. So go ahead, ask me what you want to know about Russia's war on Ukraine and our centuries long relationship.
:hug: I'm so sad that this has happened to you guys!

To be honest I was ignorant to what is happening in Russia until I heard they planned the "gay propaganda" ban. It was about 10 years ago, I think? I then started watching their news channels out of morbid curiosity, and it made my hair stand on end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Yup, apparently this is what already happened to the detainees in Moscow, they already received orders.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MsY wrote:

How do you think we can help Ukraine to rebuild when war is over? One thing about the war is I've realised a lot of the GitHub projects I use are by Ukrainians 😆 what other industries can we invest in in your opinion?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MsY wrote:

I am a highly educated Russian from Siberia. I am against war. I am against war because you cannot kill other people and take their territories. I was against the annexation of Crimea. This is my position. I defend it.

But at the same time, I am not for Ukraine. After the Ukrainians shouted - "kill the Russian" at their revolution, after they burned and killed pro-Russian activists in Odessa and other cities, after the Ukrainians did not find those responsible for these deaths and the deaths of the Heavenly Hundred, after they banned the Russian language, after they killed the inhabitants of Donbass - Ukrainians, you are not my brothers. And it's strange to me when you ask to exchange my FREEDOM and my LIFE for the support of Ukrainian nationalists. Those who consider me a slave, a Russian pig, a second-class person and have been telling me since 2014.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 10:35
Guest wrote:
Yup, apparently this is what already happened to the detainees in Moscow, they already received orders.
How is this a good strategy? Either they're creating active saboteurs or worse they're radicalizing their young men into fighters deserting to the Ukrainian side.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 12:21
MsY wrote:
I am a highly educated Russian from Siberia. I am against war. I am against war because you cannot kill other people and take their territories. I was against the annexation of Crimea. This is my position. I defend it.

But at the same time, I am not for Ukraine. After the Ukrainians shouted - "kill the Russian" at their revolution, after they burned and killed pro-Russian activists in Odessa and other cities, after the Ukrainians did not find those responsible for these deaths and the deaths of the Heavenly Hundred, after they banned the Russian language, after they killed the inhabitants of Donbass - Ukrainians, you are not my brothers. And it's strange to me when you ask to exchange my FREEDOM and my LIFE for the support of Ukrainian nationalists. Those who consider me a slave, a Russian pig, a second-class person and have been telling me since 2014.
DA. If I remember right, are you an (central?) Asian looking person from Siberia? Tons of Asians get racially attacked in Russia - which you didn't deny if you are that anon. Are you saying somehow Ukraine is worse than Russia for their treatment of you?

Anyway. Unlike the artificially created new world countries, most (not all) old world countries (apart from excessively big ones like R or China etc) are homogenous, made by and for their own ethnicity. Of course their national goals should be for their own coherent cultures and languages. If certain 'minorities' (in this case, pro-Russian 'activists') disrupt the country's original langue, culture, coherent identity as one Ukraine with their constant divisive almost separatist actions (own language schools, institutions, etc), no wonder they get treated as second-class pigs. Not talking about you.

Different-looking minorities always stand out even if they respect the original culture of the land. Then there always exist certain trash racist kind, in every country, who pick on easy targets due to looks. But I guess, you getting all that treatment have most to do with being Russian, because of pro-Russians attempt at ruining their own coherent country.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 12:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
How is this a good strategy? Either they're creating active saboteurs or worse they're radicalizing their young men into fighters deserting to the Ukrainian side.
They are doing it to scare people from protesting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 12:21
MsY wrote:

But Ukrainians are not invading your country and aren't dropping missiles on your home.

Also your Russian-nationalism is a bit over the top, I'm telling you this as a half-russian myself. Maybe you don't support war because you're a peaceful person, but you are certainly nationalistic and a bit blinded by it.

You should go out protesting against Putin's regime because probably next thing they will come after gay people. Do it for yourself, not Ukrainians.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

since we're being a bit cold here, my unpopular opinion is that it is good Putin has escalated this
I salute the brave protesting russians, but they are few and far between in the midst of the whole population who are mostly compliant

It is not just Putin that needs to go, but to kill this nationalistic empire ideology for good in the populace. They need to know the horrors of pain and war, smash the facade their romanticised military from those fancy parades, realise how the world has moved on from the cold war mentality and their country has not

you don't want them to just off Putin and in return ask the west to lift sanctions, withdraw from Ukraine and pay no consequences - like nothing happened. Wait a few years whilst the new leader finds his feet, and begin the cycle again

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 15:08
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 12:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They are doing it to scare people from protesting.
I get that, but what do they think will happen when those soldiers get to the front? Or if they're supposed to get "lost in transit" what do they think will happen to the morality of the soldiers who have to carry out those orders?