Re: Emmerdale Part III

Post by Guesttt, »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 22:35
Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 22:14
Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 21:31
Couldn't agree more! Vanessa's return has had nowhere the air time it deserves, even considering charity's role in it and how she's often given a fair amount of airtime. I do wonder if it's the fact the Michelle has opted for a phased return and doesn't want to come back to set full-time since having the little one?

Or, they're not introducing any big plot lines while it's the Meena show. Let's see what happens when that's finally over. Don't get me started on the Digital Spy folk who keep comparing that storyline to Killing Eve. Jfc.
SA Don't get me wrong, I still think it's been a horribly written, and wasteful return so far!
Really poorly written got everything crossed that next week with the focus away from Meena it might get better but it’s still a shame that her return hasn’t been better. To have Vanessa with a girlfriend and then the girlfriend was just a plot for Nate and Tracy has Vanessa as such a background character.
Wouldn’t mind Fiona returning as I would hate some kind of Charity/mckenzie/Vanessa triangle

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Couldn't agree more! Vanessa's return has had nowhere the air time it deserves, even considering charity's role in it and how she's often given a fair amount of airtime. I do wonder if it's the fact the Michelle has opted for a phased return and doesn't want to come back to set full-time since having the little one?
Michelle appeared in the equivlaent of 8 episodes in a row for her return since two episodes were hour longs. Comparatively, Laura did a couple episodes, was off for a week, and then a few more.

Also, Vanessa’s “feelings” are very much front and center even though Tracy and Nate are the ones she is processing these feelings through. We’ve learned quite a bit, namely that a year later she is still very angry at Charity for cheating on her, and has not fully moved on or gotten over it regardless of what she is telling herself.

Charity has also immediately shared that what she has with Mack is nothing like what they had so any attempt at a triangle is set up with Charity’s feelings for Vanessa in the clear lead. Which may be obvious for us but isn’t for the GA who just don’t pay that much attention.

Next week will kick off something regarding Johnny, then in early Feb Pierce’s son comes to town which we know doesn’t make Vanessa happy, and I bet as Charity and Mack end up parting ways we will transition to Vanessa dating again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 19:34
Guest wrote:
Michelle appeared in the equivlaent of 8 episodes in a row for her return since two episodes were hour longs. Comparatively, Laura did a couple episodes, was off for a week, and then a few more.

Also, Vanessa’s “feelings” are very much front and center even though Tracy and Nate are the ones she is processing these feelings through. We’ve learned quite a bit, namely that a year later she is still very angry at Charity for cheating on her, and has not fully moved on or gotten over it regardless of what she is telling herself.

Charity has also immediately shared that what she has with Mack is nothing like what they had so any attempt at a triangle is set up with Charity’s feelings for Vanessa in the clear lead. Which may be obvious for us but isn’t for the GA who just don’t pay that much attention.

Next week will kick off something regarding Johnny, then in early Feb Pierce’s son comes to town which we know doesn’t make Vanessa happy, and I bet as Charity and Mack end up parting ways we will transition to Vanessa dating again.
THANK YOU for this post. I feel like people are being pretty entitled about this whole situation. I love Vanity and want them back together ASAP but unfortunately the show isn't just about them. We've had pretty decent interactions so far considering all the complicating factors. I think we all just need to be a bit more patient.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 20:30

Guestt.
Reactions:

Post by Guestt. »

Are they writing Vanessa this negatively on purpose because she doesn’t come across well

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestt. wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 22:10
Are they writing Vanessa this negatively on purpose because she doesn’t come across well
Yea she hasnt come back fiesty, she’s come back acting a bit of a t--- to be fair <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not watched tonight’s ep as I had an outrageous dream about Vanessa last night (and yes it was Vanessa and not M) and I think I would have blushed when she came on screen.

My brain has actually managed to surprise me, I was like :blinkwide:
And with a character and not an actual person, Christ knows what that says about me :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestt. wrote:
She's been written terribly, her most irritating traits have been out in full force. It's not a good idea to have a character who has just returned be unlikable like this but then again this is not surprising for Emmerdale.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 20:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

THANK YOU for this post. I feel like people are being pretty entitled about this whole situation. I love Vanity and want them back together ASAP but unfortunately the show isn't just about them. We've had pretty decent interactions so far considering all the complicating factors. I think we all just need to be a bit more patient.
DA. How can you say that with a straight face?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 05:31
Guestt. wrote:
She's been written terribly, her most irritating traits have been out in full force. It's not a good idea to have a character who has just returned be unlikable like this but then again this is not surprising for Emmerdale.
Respectfully I disagree. Vanessa appears to be overfunctioning with Tracy because she has unresolved issues with Charity and is not ready to face them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 07:41
Guest wrote:
Guestt. wrote:
Respectfully I disagree. Vanessa appears to be overfunctioning with Tracy because she has unresolved issues with Charity and is not ready to face them.
Maybe but m'y reaction face that writingis meh meh and meh... are they trying to justify Charity straight relationship by making Vanessa angry..unbearable...terrible Come back for now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 07:41
Guest wrote:
Guestt. wrote:
I understand why she’s behaving this way because I know and love her character but it’s not overly obvious in the writing. It lacks nuance and her biting disposition doesn’t engender much sympathy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There's a big interview with Lawrence next week on Inside Soap about Charity and Mack. Laura Shaw said #teammackity, big things coming up for them :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 10:17
There's a big interview with Lawrence next week on Inside Soap about Charity and Mack. Laura Shaw said #teammackity, big things coming up for them :spy:
I doubt Charity will be very happy when he kidnaps Johnny

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 10:34
Guest wrote:
I doubt Charity will be very happy when he kidnaps Johnny
That's fake.

Guest..s
Reactions:

Post by Guest..s »

Guest wrote:
Laura shaw needs replacing Emmerdale has lost its spark there’s no fun in it anymore. To think that one of the big storylines for 2022 is dedicated to Al and Cain has her so out of touch with the audience.
Mackity is not a thing at all the only fans of it are just fans who would ship him with any woman. But the way they’re writing Vanessa will have people turned of Vanessa

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest..s wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 11:13
Guest wrote:
Laura shaw needs replacing Emmerdale has lost its spark there’s no fun in it anymore. To think that one of the big storylines for 2022 is dedicated to Al and Cain has her so out of touch with the audience.
Mackity is not a thing at all the only fans of it are just fans who would ship him with any woman. But the way they’re writing Vanessa will have people turned of Vanessa
Da exactly. The writing wasn’t too great for her before Michelle left either

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who's exactly responsible with creative decision about storylines? EP or the producers?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest..s wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 11:13
Guest wrote:
imo vanity are done for now maybe end of the year but now they want charity with mack and laura with mackity was :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 06:46
Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 20:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA. How can you say that with a straight face?
I can say that because it's what I think. If someone cheated on me whilst I was fighting cancer I wouldn't be half as civil as Vanessa is being. Add to that the "real life" complications of one of the actresses just returning from maternity leave and COVID being an issue, I think we've done okay.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gotta be honest, I've remained strong all this time, but I am starting to lose all hope in Vanity at this point. It shouldn't be where the fans have to choose team Vanity or team M*ckity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They on tonight?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'd be interested if we could see a general audience poll of what people like between the 2 couples. Not here of course, but somewhere else.

I always remember Emma having an interview when it was a triangle between Charity/Cain/Moira and I think it was on This Morning and she was thinking that it would be quite even between the 2 options and then Coira was massively more supported. She was surprised.

I just wonder if the GA has the same opinion as us or different. There's no fandom at all for Mack/Charity, but is there other support? I'd like to at least know before commiting again to this relationship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 18:36
I'd be interested if we could see a general audience poll of what people like between the 2 couples. Not here of course, but somewhere else.

I always remember Emma having an interview when it was a triangle between Charity/Cain/Moira and I think it was on This Morning and she was thinking that it would be quite even between the 2 options and then Coira was massively more supported. She was surprised.

I just wonder if the GA has the same opinion as us or different. There's no fandom at all for Mack/Charity, but is there other support? I'd like to at least know before commiting again to this relationship.
The GA would choose Mack and Charity without a doubt.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

From what I've seen on SM, there is a lot of support for m/c, but the people who like them together seem to fancy him, think V tried to change Charity ( :( ) and that she is more "fun" with M.
They don't seem to give any thought to Charity's character development while she was with Vanessa, or look into the characters with any depth.

Like a previous poster, I wouldn't be half as civil as Vanessa is being atm, but other people think she's just moaning.

Audiences now are so shortsighted, short-memoried and impatient, and I imagine that the TPTB have a difficult time trying to maintain a balance between keeping the "mackity"-type viewers happy and people who read more into everything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 18:57
Guest wrote:

From what I've seen on SM, there is a lot of support for m/c, but the people who like them together seem to fancy him, think V tried to change Charity ( :( ) and that she is more "fun" with M.
They don't seem to give any thought to Charity's character development while she was with Vanessa, or look into the characters with any depth.

Like a previous poster, I wouldn't be half as civil as Vanessa is being atm, but other people think she's just moaning.

Audiences now are so shortsighted, short-memoried and impatient, and I imagine that the TPTB have a difficult time trying to maintain a balance between keeping the "mackity"-type viewers happy and people who read more into everything.
I'm not impatient in the slightest, the slower the better in my opinion! It'd just be nice if Vanessa wasn't such a constant moany cow. 😅

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 19:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm not impatient in the slightest, the slower the better in my opinion! It'd just be nice if Vanessa wasn't such a constant moany cow. 😅
She's not constantly moaning though. She's understandably upset and angry at such a horrible betrayal, and trying to hold it all together

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 18:35
They on tonight?
Yes they were

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 19:29
Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 19:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She's not constantly moaning though. She's understandably upset and angry at such a horrible betrayal, and trying to hold it all together
Yeah, with Charity. Not with Tracy though surely, even before the leaving announcement she was awful. Has she cracked a smile yet? Had a kind or friendly word to say to anyone?

No one is likeable in this show at the moment though, they only seem to write the misery, anger,
suspicion or similarly negative stuff.

I guess they've decided positivity and laughter doesn't pull viewers. Even that 'telegraphed from space' ending there with stopping the taxi. Ugh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What if Vanessa feels so lonely when her sister leaves she "accidentally" hooks up with Charity :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Seriously though wardrobe need to step it up, vanessa’s look is beyond frumpy and tired. That awful kahki parka drownds her and that shirt/jumper combo tonight was horrendous. And for the love of god grow those crew cut style bangs out and do something other than a shabby ponytail. STOP with the worzel gummage look and bring back the leather jacket and curls for the love of god! :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why are you still here if you can only complain about Vanessa? Ship Charity with someone else. Easy. It's so tiring to read so much negativity, if you don't want Vanity together anymore then fine, ship Charity with Mack or whoever you want but leave Vanessa alone, she's not hurting Charity, she's just hurting herself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I have a sinking feeling they are going to have Vanessa

Guest….t
Reactions:

Post by Guest….t »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 23:05
Yeh that wouldn’t go down well at all. Wouldn’t surprise me with the writing as it is. Hopefully not I would rather Fiona came back.
The whole Vanity vs Mackity isn’t comparable as Mackity fell together because the writers have no idea what to do with him. There’s no fan base for them just people that think they’re okay but it’s because they fancy him

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

x

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I didn't see Duncan's message but I'd rather that than if she hooked up with mack which, let's face it, could happen given how sh1t the writing has been, especially if they really want to hammer home the "triangle" aspect of the situation 🤢

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest….t wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 23:26
Guest wrote:
Yeh that wouldn’t go down well at all. Wouldn’t surprise me with the writing as it is. Hopefully not I would rather Fiona came back.
The whole Vanity vs Mackity isn’t comparable as Mackity fell together because the writers have no idea what to do with him. There’s no fan base for them just people that think they’re okay but it’s because they fancy him
Did I not read she was going to be mad about his son coming? If she knows whose son he is why would she even want to go near him. We aren't the sins of our parents, but psychologically I'm sure shell be worried for Rhona and it'll bring up her kidnapping.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 10:45
Guest….t wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 23:26
Guest wrote:
Did I not read she was going to be mad about his son coming? If she knows whose son he is why would she even want to go near him. We aren't the sins of our parents, but psychologically I'm sure shell be worried for Rhona and it'll bring up her kidnapping.
If the writers of Emmerdale made logical decisions i wouldn't have concerns but...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just want to know, when they finally reunited, will we get a kiss?
I don't know about how their distancing rule was but right now it seems to me, when a scene desperately needed physical contact, they'll do it but I don't know about direct act of exchanging bodily fluids

I guess I just seriously won't be able to take it if when that day come, and we know they will, and we just get a hug without a kiss. The disrespect!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 12:05
I don't know about how their distancing rule was but right now it seems to me, when a scene desperately needed physical contact, they'll do it but I don't know about direct act of exchanging bodily fluids

I guess I just seriously won't be able to take it if when that day come, and we know they will, and we just get a hug without a kiss. The disrespect!
Do we know know they’re definitely getting back together though? Was it confirmed anywhere? Im starting to get nervous with all this mackity BS :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 18:53
Guest wrote:

The GA would choose Mack and Charity without a doubt.
Well then if the GA aren't a fan of Vanity, why as writers would you write it?

I'd go with the more popular option. IMO you're wrong but if you're correct then why bother with this ship?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 12:05

:eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 21:43
Seriously though wardrobe need to step it up, vanessa’s look is beyond frumpy and tired. That awful kahki parka drownds her and that shirt/jumper combo tonight was horrendous. And for the love of god grow those crew cut style bangs out and do something other than a shabby ponytail. STOP with the worzel gummage look and bring back the leather jacket and curls for the love of god! :bigcry:
Oh come on. The leather jacket and curls were for a night on the town.

I like her hair. I think it frames her face really nicely, and suits her better than either no fringe, a side fringe or a straight fringe.
The outfit in that scene may have been terrible but Vanessa is a vet and she's not going to be wearing her best clothes to go to work. Emmerdale is completely unrealistic at the moment, but if they ever get Vanessa to wear her leather jacket to go to work, that'll just take the biscuit.

Rowan1234
Reactions:

Post by Rowan1234 »

Guest wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 10:29
I've heard charity sold noah as a kid and I've always wondered what the full story with that was like under what circumstances did she sell her own kid and how did she get him back?
She was in prison for the murder of Chris Tate her late husband and father of Noah. She didn't actually do it. He had an inoperable brain tumour and killed himself, framing her for it in revenge for her cheating with Cain. Zoe, his sister had proof that could get her off. In return Zoe wanted Noah or Chris Jr as he was once known.
Charity also wanted money to set herself up again after she left prison.

Zoe got turned down when she set about legally adopting Noah because she has schizophrenia. She handed him back to Charity at about 8 months old scared they might put him in care. Charity had not asked for him back but took him in without any complaint. By this point she was with Tom King an old bloke. Jimmy Kings dad.

Rowan1234
Reactions:

Post by Rowan1234 »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 22:03
Why are you still here if you can only complain about Vanessa? Ship Charity with someone else. Easy. It's so tiring to read so much negativity, if you don't want Vanity together anymore then fine, ship Charity with Mack or whoever you want but leave Vanessa alone, she's not hurting Charity, she's just hurting herself.
I know. It's pretty tiring.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As an ex Emmerdale fan just catching up on clips now and when in the cafe* Vanessa called Rhona Ro?
Did she do that before? Rhone maybe but Ro? Jarred to me.

*NGL it was great to see Nicola, she really is a tremendous character and NW a great actress.

Guest…
Reactions:

Post by Guest… »

With Tracy gone I wonder if it might be time for them to introduce Vanessa’s mum since she will have no family in emmerdale

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest… wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 23:55
With Tracy gone I wonder if it might be time for them to introduce Vanessa’s mum since she will have no family in emmerdale
As long as she hasn’t previously slept with Nate

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Rowan1234 wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 11:35
Guest wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 10:29
I've heard charity sold noah as a kid and I've always wondered what the full story with that was like under what circumstances did she sell her own kid and how did she get him back?
She was in prison for the murder of Chris Tate her late husband and father of Noah. She didn't actually do it. He had an inoperable brain tumour and killed himself, framing her for it in revenge for her cheating with Cain. Zoe, his sister had proof that could get her off. In return Zoe wanted Noah or Chris Jr as he was once known.
Charity also wanted money to set herself up again after she left prison.

Zoe got turned down when she set about legally adopting Noah because she has schizophrenia. She handed him back to Charity at about 8 months old scared they might put him in care. Charity had not asked for him back but took him in without any complaint. By this point she was with Tom King an old bloke. Jimmy Kings dad.
Thank you for taking the time to answer this. This is less awful than what I'd previously imagined