Emmerdale - Part III

Reactions:

Re: Emmerdale Part III

Post by Guest »

Luimelia1! wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 19:23
Not sure if this has been answered but do ppl think that with Michelle’s partner being part of BTS it will impact Vanessa and charity stories
Not sure. Right… :shifty:

https://thelchat.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60348

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We’ve got Vanessa, Rhona and Tracy today, but no Charity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 03:37
We’ve got Vanessa, Rhona and Tracy today, but no Charity.
Looking forward to Rhona and Vanessa!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 21:07
If vanity are going to reunite, what scenario or circumstances do you guys think will be the catalyst that prompts the reunion?

I can't really see how Vanessa will ever be able to fully trust Charity again, but I'd be interested to see what other people think.
Charity self sacrificing herself for Johnny or something like that.

Lisa trusted Zak again, same with Cain and Aaron… it’ll happen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 06:40
Guest wrote:
If vanity are going to reunite, what scenario or circumstances do you guys think will be the catalyst that prompts the reunion?

I can't really see how Vanessa will ever be able to fully trust Charity again, but I'd be interested to see what other people think.

Da

There’s also the possibility that Vanessa still thinks it was an ongoing affair vs a kiss. It’s not been clear to my knowledge that she knows what actually happened.

So something where Mack tells her it was only a kiss allows for him to come off as the self sacrificing hero etc. I’d not want that but I’d not be surprised.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 08:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da

There’s also the possibility that Vanessa still thinks it was an ongoing affair vs a kiss. It’s not been clear to my knowledge that she knows what actually happened.

So something where Mack tells her it was only a kiss allows for him to come off as the self sacrificing hero etc. I’d not want that but I’d not be surprised.
Mack's gonna come up smelling of roses no matter what. He'll get the victim role here =_= I'm imaging some scene where he has a conversation with Vanessa where he tells her Charity never loved him, blah blah

I think Vanessa knows that. She told Tracy as much the second day she was back. I think the hurt is her getting into a relationship with him and being with him in front of her. That's why Vanessa can't believe the kiss meant nothing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is it this week Charity is supposed to encourage Tracy about moving to Nottingham?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 13:16
Is it this week Charity is supposed to encourage Tracy about moving to Nottingham?
Tomorrow

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I wonder how they even end up having a deep and meaningful :hmmm: do we think they’ll make any amends or just keep it about Tracy’s future?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 13:26
Guest wrote:
I wonder how they even end up having a deep and meaningful :hmmm: do we think they’ll make any amends or just keep it about Tracy’s future?
I really don't know how they're going to end up having a conversation let alone a pretty important one. Has Tracy had any sort of civil conversation with Charity since the breakup?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 13:35
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 13:26
Guest wrote:
I really don't know how they're going to end up having a conversation let alone a pretty important one. Has Tracy had any sort of civil conversation with Charity since the breakup?
Literally none at all

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It still makes me laugh that people are trying to imply that there'd be nepotism with Michelle and her partner. Could you imagine the field day the papers would have if they got even a hint of something like that happening?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 16:32
It still makes me laugh that people are trying to imply that there'd be nepotism with Michelle and her partner. Could you imagine the field day the papers would have if they got even a hint of something like that happening?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 18:02
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 16:32
How does me defending someone on the show make me a troll? My argument is that Michelle's partner wouldn't have any influence on her storylines because that would be ripe for the papers/other actors/fans of the show to kick off about.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 09:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da

Mack's gonna come up smelling of roses no matter what. He'll get the victim role here =_= I'm imaging some scene where he has a conversation with Vanessa where he tells her Charity never loved him, blah blah

I think Vanessa knows that. She told Tracy as much the second day she was back. I think the hurt is her getting into a relationship with him and being with him in front of her. That's why Vanessa can't believe the kiss meant nothing.
Sadly I can see this happening too. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it went as far as him and Charity going to get married, and even though he wants to marry her and it breaks his heart, he tells her to go to Vanessa because he knows that that's where her heart lies, or some cheesy sh1te like that :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 18:51
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 09:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da

Sadly I can see this happening too. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it went as far as him and Charity going to get married, and even though he wants to marry her and it breaks his heart, he tells her to go to Vanessa because he knows that that's where her heart lies, or some cheesy sh1te like that :(
Oh no, I could absolutely see this happening. Especially if Vanessa and Charity are having an affair or something. I really hope they don't because it's a harmful trope.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did V ltalk a out C at all tonight?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 19:59
What?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 19:59
Vanessa was thoughtful, she said she didn't expect her return to the village to be like this, Rhona asked her if she meant Charity and she said yes but Tracy too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 01:16
Mack has gone from dragging Charity down to now encumbering Vanity. This is so boring… I couldn’t care less about him throwing a strop over Charity spending time

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I miss the chemistry old Johnny and Charity had together :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 01:36
Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 01:16
Mack has gone from dragging Charity down to now encumbering Vanity. This is so boring… I couldn’t care less about him throwing a strop over Charity spending time
She's an adult that wants to spend time with her adoptive son, a grown man making that about him is just sad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Are they both on tonight?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 18:37
Are they both on tonight?
No Vanessa tonight but Charity/Tracy have a scene together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No Charity or Vanessa tonight…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I find the Team Vanity vs “Mackity” a really gross angle to run with. So many straight women watching the show salivate over Mack and like him with Charity. Then there’s the lesbophobes. Then the Robrons. We’re up against a lot.

Guest.
Reactions:

Post by Guest. »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 10:01
I find the Team Vanity vs “Mackity” a really gross angle to run with. So many straight women watching the show salivate over Mack and like him with Charity. Then there’s the lesbophobes. Then the Robrons. We’re up against a lot.
They’ll like Mack with anyone but I don’t know who they’ll pair him with next.
Not enjoyed Vanessa’s return yet just looks rushed and like she’s just a plot in others stories. I won’t understand Vanessa not deciding to just go with Tracy when she leaves considering it’s Tracy she returned for, if they’d given Vanessa better scenes with Rhonda, Paddy or Charity I would understand. And Vanessa having no scenes or care for Charity’s kids is another miss

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest. wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 11:44
Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 10:01
They’ll like Mack with anyone but I don’t know who they’ll pair him with next.
Not enjoyed Vanessa’s return yet just looks rushed and like she’s just a plot in others stories. I won’t understand Vanessa not deciding to just go with Tracy when she leaves considering it’s Tracy she returned for, if they’d given Vanessa better scenes with Rhonda, Paddy or Charity I would understand. And Vanessa having no scenes or care for Charity’s kids is another miss
I knew it would be bad but I didn't think it'd be so bad. It sounds like the show doesn't care much about Vanity or Vanessa, I thought they'd value their story a lot more based on their history but I was wrong. What are they a C plot? Charity and Mack were on screen all the time and this is what we get 🙄

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Couldn't agree more! Vanessa's return has had nowhere the air time it deserves, even considering charity's role in it and how she's often given a fair amount of airtime. I do wonder if it's the fact the Michelle has opted for a phased return and doesn't want to come back to set full-time since having the little one?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 21:31
Couldn't agree more! Vanessa's return has had nowhere the air time it deserves, even considering charity's role in it and how she's often given a fair amount of airtime. I do wonder if it's the fact the Michelle has opted for a phased return and doesn't want to come back to set full-time since having the little one?
Or, they're not introducing any big plot lines while it's the Meena show. Let's see what happens when that's finally over. Don't get me started on the Digital Spy folk who keep comparing that storyline to Killing Eve. Jfc.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 22:14
Guest wrote:

Or, they're not introducing any big plot lines while it's the Meena show. Let's see what happens when that's finally over. Don't get me started on the Digital Spy folk who keep comparing that storyline to Killing Eve. Jfc.
SA Don't get me wrong, I still think it's been a horribly written, and wasteful return so far!

Guesttt,
Reactions:

Post by Guesttt, »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 22:35
Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 22:14
Guest wrote:

SA Don't get me wrong, I still think it's been a horribly written, and wasteful return so far!
Really poorly written got everything crossed that next week with the focus away from Meena it might get better but it’s still a shame that her return hasn’t been better. To have Vanessa with a girlfriend and then the girlfriend was just a plot for Nate and Tracy has Vanessa as such a background character.
Wouldn’t mind Fiona returning as I would hate some kind of Charity/mckenzie/Vanessa triangle

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Michelle appeared in the equivlaent of 8 episodes in a row for her return since two episodes were hour longs. Comparatively, Laura did a couple episodes, was off for a week, and then a few more.

Also, Vanessa’s “feelings” are very much front and center even though Tracy and Nate are the ones she is processing these feelings through. We’ve learned quite a bit, namely that a year later she is still very angry at Charity for cheating on her, and has not fully moved on or gotten over it regardless of what she is telling herself.

Charity has also immediately shared that what she has with Mack is nothing like what they had so any attempt at a triangle is set up with Charity’s feelings for Vanessa in the clear lead. Which may be obvious for us but isn’t for the GA who just don’t pay that much attention.

Next week will kick off something regarding Johnny, then in early Feb Pierce’s son comes to town which we know doesn’t make Vanessa happy, and I bet as Charity and Mack end up parting ways we will transition to Vanessa dating again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 19:34
Guest wrote:
Michelle appeared in the equivlaent of 8 episodes in a row for her return since two episodes were hour longs. Comparatively, Laura did a couple episodes, was off for a week, and then a few more.

Also, Vanessa’s “feelings” are very much front and center even though Tracy and Nate are the ones she is processing these feelings through. We’ve learned quite a bit, namely that a year later she is still very angry at Charity for cheating on her, and has not fully moved on or gotten over it regardless of what she is telling herself.

Charity has also immediately shared that what she has with Mack is nothing like what they had so any attempt at a triangle is set up with Charity’s feelings for Vanessa in the clear lead. Which may be obvious for us but isn’t for the GA who just don’t pay that much attention.

Next week will kick off something regarding Johnny, then in early Feb Pierce’s son comes to town which we know doesn’t make Vanessa happy, and I bet as Charity and Mack end up parting ways we will transition to Vanessa dating again.
THANK YOU for this post. I feel like people are being pretty entitled about this whole situation. I love Vanity and want them back together ASAP but unfortunately the show isn't just about them. We've had pretty decent interactions so far considering all the complicating factors. I think we all just need to be a bit more patient.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 20:30

Guestt.
Reactions:

Post by Guestt. »

Are they writing Vanessa this negatively on purpose because she doesn’t come across well

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestt. wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 22:10
Are they writing Vanessa this negatively on purpose because she doesn’t come across well
Yea she hasnt come back fiesty, she’s come back acting a bit of a t--- to be fair <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not watched tonight’s ep as I had an outrageous dream about Vanessa last night (and yes it was Vanessa and not M) and I think I would have blushed when she came on screen.

My brain has actually managed to surprise me, I was like :blinkwide:
And with a character and not an actual person, Christ knows what that says about me :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestt. wrote:
She's been written terribly, her most irritating traits have been out in full force. It's not a good idea to have a character who has just returned be unlikable like this but then again this is not surprising for Emmerdale.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 20:16
Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 19:34
Guest wrote:

THANK YOU for this post. I feel like people are being pretty entitled about this whole situation. I love Vanity and want them back together ASAP but unfortunately the show isn't just about them. We've had pretty decent interactions so far considering all the complicating factors. I think we all just need to be a bit more patient.
DA. How can you say that with a straight face?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 05:31
Guestt. wrote:
She's been written terribly, her most irritating traits have been out in full force. It's not a good idea to have a character who has just returned be unlikable like this but then again this is not surprising for Emmerdale.
Respectfully I disagree. Vanessa appears to be overfunctioning with Tracy because she has unresolved issues with Charity and is not ready to face them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 07:41
Guest wrote:
Guestt. wrote:
Respectfully I disagree. Vanessa appears to be overfunctioning with Tracy because she has unresolved issues with Charity and is not ready to face them.
Maybe but m'y reaction face that writingis meh meh and meh... are they trying to justify Charity straight relationship by making Vanessa angry..unbearable...terrible Come back for now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 07:41
Guest wrote:
Guestt. wrote:
I understand why she’s behaving this way because I know and love her character but it’s not overly obvious in the writing. It lacks nuance and her biting disposition doesn’t engender much sympathy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There's a big interview with Lawrence next week on Inside Soap about Charity and Mack. Laura Shaw said #teammackity, big things coming up for them :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 10:17
There's a big interview with Lawrence next week on Inside Soap about Charity and Mack. Laura Shaw said #teammackity, big things coming up for them :spy:
I doubt Charity will be very happy when he kidnaps Johnny