Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 10:54
Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 07:48
Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 07:18
Guest wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 19:38
Was I the only one who thought that Charity's "Heeey, I missed you too" sounded a bit offhand, like she was just being polite because Johnny said it first?
I'm sure it wasn't meant to come across that way, but that's how it sounded to me
Bad writing. That opening line 'hey buddy how are you doing?' killed the conversation, it looked like Charity was meeting a mate and not the son she hasn't seen in more than a year.
Given how gutted Charity was when Tracy took Johnny off her without a goodbye, there should have been more emotion in the writing and performance. You wouldn’t know Charity considered Johnny her kid, ‘we should meet at the park sometime?’ :-/
Agree. I know some people think she can do no wrong but, personally, I find Emma very hit or miss. Sometimes she's on it; other times she seems disinterested and just phoning it in.
I understand that Charity and Johnny were not the primary focus of the scene, but even so, I thought Emma's reaction was way off, and the lines she was given could have been expressed very differently.
DA. She's been off since the social distance rules on the show, it took away the emotional connection from the scene they had to delivered. Every cast seemed to struggle with it at first but Emma still has that disconnect moment sometimes even now. Michelle otoh seems she took it in stride, still able to deliver the spunky Vanessa from 2 meters apart :lol:
Michelle (and Laura Norton) have taken it in their stride.

Emma isn’t going to be winning any awards soon but can’t knock that first scene with her and Michelle when Charity said it was nothing like what her and Vanessa had. Good scene

Reactions:

Re: Emmerdale Part III

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 06:57
Guest wrote:
Was I the only one who thought that Charity's "Heeey, I missed you too" sounded a bit offhand, like she was just being polite because Johnny said it first?
I'm sure it wasn't meant to come across that way, but that's how it sounded to me
Emma’s bad acting. She’s one of the most overrated actors on the show. Nicola Wheeler wipes the floor with her
:rofl: Could you be more obvious trolly?
Dude, get some self-respect.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 16:58
Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 06:57
Guest wrote:
Emma’s bad acting. She’s one of the most overrated actors on the show. Nicola Wheeler wipes the floor with her
:rofl: Could you be more obvious trolly?
Dude, get some self-respect.
It’s one Debbie Downer posing as many. I think like 90% of the posts on here are it, what a miserable existence

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Bad writing. That opening line 'hey buddy how are you doing?' killed the conversation, it looked like Charity was meeting a mate and not the son she hasn't seen in more than a year.
She's probably trying to remain calm in light of him inhabiting an entirely different body since she last saw him

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Treats her own kids the same though. She's hardly the most conventional mum so

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Given how gutted Charity was when Tracy took Johnny off her without a goodbye, there should have been more emotion in the writing and performance. You wouldn’t know Charity considered Johnny her kid, ‘we should meet at the park sometime?’ :-/
Agree. I know some people think she can do no wrong but, personally, I find Emma very hit or miss. Sometimes she's on it; other times she seems disinterested and just phoning it in.
I understand that Charity and Johnny were not the primary focus of the scene, but even so, I thought Emma's reaction was way off, and the lines she was given could have been expressed very differently.
I think part of the problem is the direction in that we didn't get to see Charity's expression when she first saw Johnny (Johnny was facing Charity and we got to see the back of her head essentially when she first saw him). If the director had chosen to prioritise Charity's reaction and we'd seen her face we might have got a flicker of emotion or something. It seems whoever directed the episode didn't think it was that important.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 18:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I think part of the problem is the direction in that we didn't get to see Charity's expression when she first saw Johnny (Johnny was facing Charity and we got to see the back of her head essentially when she first saw him). If the director had chosen to prioritise Charity's reaction and we'd seen her face we might have got a flicker of emotion or something. It seems whoever directed the episode didn't think it was that important.
It might to do with working with a new kid. I noticed in the gifs posted in here that Johnny was borderline running into the shop and looked down as if trying to see his mark. Maybe the kid was really overexcited, understandable, and kept missing his mark or they had to do lots of takes and that was the best they got

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 18:14
Treats her own kids the same though. She's hardly the most conventional mum so
Exactly, I don't understand why people are so surprised <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No mack all of next week.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 02:20
Yay! Either of them on tonight?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:dance:
Guest wrote:
There IS a god!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

On first impressions the new Johnny isn’t natural in front of the camera. Not sure why they didn’t choose the actor playing dawns kid to be new Johnny. The kid can actually sound natural and he looks like the other Johnny. mad that they’ve replaced a blonde haired white kid with a brown haired, Asian kid. Has Vanessa noticed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 12:41
On first impressions the new Johnny isn’t natural in front of the camera. Not sure why they didn’t choose the actor playing dawns kid to be new Johnny. The kid can actually sound natural and he looks like the other Johnny. mad that they’ve replaced a blonde haired white kid with a brown haired, Asian kid. Has Vanessa noticed
The kid is meant to be Asian, his dad is Asian.

The kid seemed full of smiley and cute to me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 13:16
Guest wrote:
The kid is meant to be Asian, his dad is Asian.

The kid seemed full of smiley and cute to me
DA. But this Johnny talk better than Moses kinda :nervous: me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 11:42
Guest wrote:
DA Someone answer this please I need to know whether to watch tonight or not :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The kid is fine, give him a break.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 14:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA Someone answer this please I need to know whether to watch tonight or not :whistle:
Nope, just Mack is on tonight

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 18:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Everything about him gives me the creeps. I'll never forgive Meena for not putting an end to him

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When does this story line with Meena finish :yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 19:46
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 18:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Everything about him gives me the creeps. I'll never forgive Meena for not putting an end to him
Oh that actually could have been a really interesting storyline. Vanessa returning as Charity is "mourning" the person she cheated on her with. Charity acknowledging that she felt something for him but it was nothing like it was with Vanessa, her guilt over someone that she was essentially using dying etc.

But no, we get this current nonsense where he's hanging around for some reason despite the audience knowing that what Charity feels for him isn't the same as what she feels for Vanessa.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

From the Mirror

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 20:18
From the Mirror

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 21:02
Guest wrote:
From the Mirror
It's not true.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 16:42
Guest wrote:
The kid is fine, give him a break.
X100

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 21:07
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 21:02
Guest wrote:
From the Mirror
It's not true.
I think that "spoiler" came from the Express. They are always so ludicrous I don't know how they get away with the nonsense they print

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It is from the mirror article "Emmerdale's Lawrence Robb's life off screen - girlfriend, family, and pop star ambitions"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 19:49
When does this story line with Meena finish :yawn:
It's ridiculous and too long I think it ends next Friday but sometimes I find mee a quite entertaining

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
You do know who his dad is right?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 22:50
It is from the mirror article "Emmerdale's Lawrence Robb's life off screen - girlfriend, family, and pop star ambitions"
If he's got pop star ambitions, can someone please give him a record deal ASAP? Then he might clear off and I'll be able to watch properly without having my finger hovering over the remote to switch off his scenes...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 10:57
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 22:50
If he's got pop star ambitions, can someone please give him a record deal ASAP? Then he might clear off and I'll be able to watch properly without having my finger hovering over the remote to switch off his scenes...
He is just slimey. He posted a pic kissing the cheek of the actress who plays Gabby calling her the fittest fitty, when he has a gf.

Luimelia1!
Reactions:

Post by Luimelia1! »

Not sure if this has been answered but do ppl think that with Michelle’s partner being part of BTS it will impact Vanessa and charity stories

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Luimelia1! wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 19:23
Not sure if this has been answered but do ppl think that with Michelle’s partner being part of BTS it will impact Vanessa and charity stories
Kate cannot have any kind of input in Vanessa's stories. Michelle confirmed that Kate has to leave the room when they're planning stories for Vanessa, it's up to Laura Shaw and Jane Hudson.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If vanity are going to reunite, what scenario or circumstances do you guys think will be the catalyst that prompts the reunion?

I can't really see how Vanessa will ever be able to fully trust Charity again, but I'd be interested to see what other people think.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 21:07
If vanity are going to reunite, what scenario or circumstances do you guys think will be the catalyst that prompts the reunion?

I can't really see how Vanessa will ever be able to fully trust Charity again, but I'd be interested to see what other people think.
A typical emmerdale or soap would be to just put them in lots of near death experiences that cancel out the past

I think I'd prefer where they just can't stay away from each other scenario so charity wants Vanessa back and Vanessa can't resist but equally won't give in to a full relationship I'd quite like watching that play out I could watch that situation go on for a year easily before they needed to make a decision about their future but this is emmerdale where everything is at the speed of light so it seems unlikely

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Luimelia1! wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 19:23
Not sure. Right… :shifty:

https://thelchat.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60348

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We’ve got Vanessa, Rhona and Tracy today, but no Charity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 03:37
We’ve got Vanessa, Rhona and Tracy today, but no Charity.
Looking forward to Rhona and Vanessa!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Charity self sacrificing herself for Johnny or something like that.

Lisa trusted Zak again, same with Cain and Aaron… it’ll happen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 06:40
Guest wrote:

Da

There’s also the possibility that Vanessa still thinks it was an ongoing affair vs a kiss. It’s not been clear to my knowledge that she knows what actually happened.

So something where Mack tells her it was only a kiss allows for him to come off as the self sacrificing hero etc. I’d not want that but I’d not be surprised.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 08:33
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 06:40
Guest wrote:

Da

There’s also the possibility that Vanessa still thinks it was an ongoing affair vs a kiss. It’s not been clear to my knowledge that she knows what actually happened.

So something where Mack tells her it was only a kiss allows for him to come off as the self sacrificing hero etc. I’d not want that but I’d not be surprised.
Mack's gonna come up smelling of roses no matter what. He'll get the victim role here =_= I'm imaging some scene where he has a conversation with Vanessa where he tells her Charity never loved him, blah blah

I think Vanessa knows that. She told Tracy as much the second day she was back. I think the hurt is her getting into a relationship with him and being with him in front of her. That's why Vanessa can't believe the kiss meant nothing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is it this week Charity is supposed to encourage Tracy about moving to Nottingham?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 13:16
Is it this week Charity is supposed to encourage Tracy about moving to Nottingham?
Tomorrow

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I wonder how they even end up having a deep and meaningful :hmmm: do we think they’ll make any amends or just keep it about Tracy’s future?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 13:26
Guest wrote:
I wonder how they even end up having a deep and meaningful :hmmm: do we think they’ll make any amends or just keep it about Tracy’s future?
I really don't know how they're going to end up having a conversation let alone a pretty important one. Has Tracy had any sort of civil conversation with Charity since the breakup?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 13:35
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 13:26
Guest wrote:
I really don't know how they're going to end up having a conversation let alone a pretty important one. Has Tracy had any sort of civil conversation with Charity since the breakup?
Literally none at all

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It still makes me laugh that people are trying to imply that there'd be nepotism with Michelle and her partner. Could you imagine the field day the papers would have if they got even a hint of something like that happening?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 16:32
It still makes me laugh that people are trying to imply that there'd be nepotism with Michelle and her partner. Could you imagine the field day the papers would have if they got even a hint of something like that happening?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 18:02
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 16:32
How does me defending someone on the show make me a troll? My argument is that Michelle's partner wouldn't have any influence on her storylines because that would be ripe for the papers/other actors/fans of the show to kick off about.