Reactions:

Re: International Women's Football - Part IV

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 17:28
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 17:03
Everything is an insult to these people 🙃

They have a huge inferiority complex, and yet they make a show of attacking the opponent.
For someone who doesn't understand one word of spanish, what does it says?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I say 3-1 Lyon

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 20:57
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 18:18
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 18:12
Bookies have Barcelona as cleeeeaaar favorites tomorrow, if you think Lyon can beat them then you can make cash :lol:
Hahha. I think i´ll do that. I actually think Lyon will win.
DA just curious what makes you think that? I’ve been listening to podcasts and the journos seem to be very set on Barca.

Personally I think it’s gonna depend a lot on how well the individual players perform. Lyon were not insanely good in the lead up to most of their wins, but there is individual quality there.
I think it could be Lyon too. They have a lot of Champions league veterans on their team, even younger players like Selma Bacha have won it like 3 times, and that gives confidence. They’re used to being there and finding a way to win. It’s not like all their match ups with for example Wolfsburg in the past were a walk in the park, they’ve had to work for it.

But they haven’t played Barca in a long time, Lyon aren’t even the favourites to win this time. They have to make it through the first say 25 minutes and not be shell shocked and let 4 goals in. They’ll have watched the Chelsea, Arsenal and Wolfsburg games and try and have a tactic to prevent that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:10
There’s been 20 UWCL?? It wasn’t called that before, back in the mid 00’s when it was Umeå IK, Frankfurt and Turbine Potsdam.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They have a huge inferiority complex, and yet they make a show of attacking the opponent.

“ This is a question for either of you... Barcelona have sold out the Camp Nou twice already and a huge amount of cule supporters are expected tomorrow vs a much much smaller count of french fans... Do you think this could play a role in your performance/the game's outcome?”
It was a dumb question because OL just played PSG with 46k fans who were literally cussing at them and the players said they really enjoyed the atmosphere. Maybe 14k Barca fans are gonna be there vs 2500 OL. Also OL doesn’t have many away fans usually, I think the players are used to it. Totally outnumbered in the 2017 and 2019 finals.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:16
Guest wrote:
There’s been 20 UWCL?? It wasn’t called that before, back in the mid 00’s when it was Umeå IK, Frankfurt and Turbine Potsdam.
Obviously The Women's Cup winners from back then have been merged together with UWCL winners. Since the first time the format has been changed twice, the name once and the card rules have been changed at least once.

As a sidenote, interestingly enough on the men's side they've decided to scrap the group stages format and do something else instead where all teams meet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I say 3-1 Lyon
I say 3-2 Lyon =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

“ This is a question for either of you... Barcelona have sold out the Camp Nou twice already and a huge amount of cule supporters are expected tomorrow vs a much much smaller count of french fans... Do you think this could play a role in your performance/the game's outcome?”
It was a dumb question because OL just played PSG with 46k fans who were literally cussing at them and the players said they really enjoyed the atmosphere. Maybe 14k Barca fans are gonna be there vs 2500 OL. Also OL doesn’t have many away fans usually, I think the players are used to it. Totally outnumbered in the 2017 and 2019 finals.
Thank you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 20:09
melliss wrote:
20 May 2022, 18:09
before the finale :argh: for less stress (ok it's approx, but approx correct)

round 1

everythings depend on swiss league :P
servette is 10, zurich 22, frankfurt is 15.5 (will be in group 2 or 3 :blinkwide: )

process: 1-2 play first again 3-4 (first game)

possible round 2

:spy:
Naw they need Real Madrid audience probably a repeat city-rm
In the article from dazn posted here they spoke about how English clubs bring a bigger audience from N. America and Asia, so if will they want RM they probably match them up with sparta this time :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:13
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 20:57
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 18:18
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 18:12
Bookies have Barcelona as cleeeeaaar favorites tomorrow, if you think Lyon can beat them then you can make cash :lol:
Hahha. I think i´ll do that. I actually think Lyon will win.
DA just curious what makes you think that? I’ve been listening to podcasts and the journos seem to be very set on Barca.

Personally I think it’s gonna depend a lot on how well the individual players perform. Lyon were not insanely good in the lead up to most of their wins, but there is individual quality there.
I think it could be Lyon too. They have a lot of Champions league veterans on their team, even younger players like Selma Bacha have won it like 3 times, and that gives confidence. They’re used to being there and finding a way to win. It’s not like all their match ups with for example Wolfsburg in the past were a walk in the park, they’ve had to work for it.

But they haven’t played Barca in a long time, Lyon aren’t even the favourites to win this time. They have to make it through the first say 25 minutes and not be shell shocked and let 4 goals in. They’ll have watched the Chelsea, Arsenal and Wolfsburg games and try and have a tactic to prevent that.
I think that will be the important thing. If Lyon can hold out, it might frustrate Barcelona and Lyon will start to get into the game and with Hegerberg upfront, she will get opportunities, it's just a matter of taking them.

I initially thought Barcelona would win hands down but now I'm not so sure it will be so easy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm not understanding the insult towards barca fans here 😅

Have they seen psg/french ultras?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lyon have experience on their side and if Barcelona doesn’t strike first and keep possession then they could be in trouble. I think the most important thing is to not give OL set pieces because Ada and Wendie in front of net are deadly.

The most important player for OL is Bacha though. She creates the goals with her assists. If you stop Bacha you stop their service.

For me Mariona and Jenni are going to be key for Barcelona. Players are going to be preoccupied with Alexia, Aitana, and Patri which will give Jenni and Mario the chance to sneak in.

If OL is smart they will foul hard and often to stop the flow of Barcelona’s game. I hope they don’t but it would be a good game plan for them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Don't think lyon are as good as they used to be but hopefully it will be a good game and not an one-sided one. Would probably be good for the interest in the tournament with a thrilling game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So excited for tomorrow. I think anything can happen. I think this may be the most unpredictable final in years, I dont see a clear favorite. Barcelona seems like the better team on paper but can be so wasteful, Lyon is more clinical at the moment, Ada is playing like she has something to prove.
I'm going to be very nervous even as a neutral. Should be fun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 13:30
If wsl is the strongest league why do they get knocked out by teams “that aren’t facing real competition”instead it’s just a easy win every week how about acknowledging the fact that those clubs like Lyon /Barca train and work hard to be above those teams including the wsl teams
i was thinking about this and don't shoot me for suggested it but it might make sense
look at the wsl team of the season. Players include chelsea, man city, man u, arsenal. So in the wsl the best players can be found in three to four teams

If we had the wsl team of the season play against barca and lyon then i am confident it would be a different story and we would be a lot more competitive

look at germany, france and spain. this is different because the best players in the league are in one team only - wolfsburg, barca and lyon. ( maybe a few food players in bayern, psg etc) but they have a monopoly which is why they kill their league whereas the wsl is actually competitive

but the majority are in one team whereas in the wsl it's spread across three to four

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:39
Guest wrote:
If wsl is the strongest league why do they get knocked out by teams “that aren’t facing real competition”instead it’s just a easy win every week how about acknowledging the fact that those clubs like Lyon /Barca train and work hard to be above those teams including the wsl teams
i was thinking about this and don't shoot me for suggested it but it might make sense
look at the wsl team of the season. Players include chelsea, man city, man u, arsenal. So in the wsl the best players can be found in three to four teams

If we had the wsl team of the season play against barca and lyon then i am confident it would be a different story and we would be a lot more competitive

look at germany, france and spain. this is different because the best players in the league are in one team only - wolfsburg, barca and lyon. ( maybe a few food players in bayern, psg etc) but they have a monopoly which is why they kill their league whereas the wsl is actually competitive

but the majority are in one team whereas in the wsl it's spread across three to four
DA. City, manu and Arsenal dont have too many great players, but chelsea is packed, they should have done much better than they did.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 22:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm not understanding the insult towards barca fans here 😅

Have they seen psg/french ultras?
Fr sometimes I wonder how many have watched a non-Barca game, they were so brutal in the 2nd SF match, swearing and insulting them. Endler got the most of it and she handled it well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lyon seems overly confident. It reminds me to “favourites Chelsea” from last season and we know how that went. People still seem to underestimate Barcelona.
From a neutral point of view (Arsenal fan 🥲) I just hope it’s a good match without shitty ref calls and great football.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think Chelsea kinda just choked in their finals appearance? Like the occasion was too much for them maybe and whatever game plan Hayes had put together wad not well thought out. Player for player, I didn’t see that Barcelona as worlds above that Chelsea. Barcelona also choked in their first finals experience, as did Lyon in 2010. WOB did well to outright win in 2013.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:52
I think Chelsea kinda just choked in their finals appearance? Like the occasion was too much for them maybe and whatever game plan Hayes had put together wad not well thought out. Player for player, I didn’t see that Barcelona as worlds above that Chelsea. Barcelona also choked in their first finals experience, as did Lyon in 2010. WOB did well to outright win in 2013.
Barcelona didn't choke in their first final against Lyon mçat all, they were not near the level they are now, they didn't even have some of the players that are so key to their current play. Actually Barcelona did well against Lyon back in the day considering Lyon was much better than Barcelona at the time, it was huge already for Barcelona to get to that final.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:50
Lyon seems overly confident. It reminds me to “favourites Chelsea” from last season and we know how that went. People still seem to underestimate Barcelona.
From a neutral point of view (Arsenal fan 🥲) I just hope it’s a good match without shitty ref calls and great football.
Lol I’m curious what made you think that because Ive been following the press stuff and I didn’t get that vibe at all? IIRC Bompastor called them the favourites and Renard and Hegerberg both praised them and their technical level quite a bit. Last season, a lot of the Chelsea hype was from the English media and it’s practically crickets in France. If anything, this time Spanish media seem to have written it off as a formality for Barca.
My vibe of OL is that they just seem pretty calm and it makes sense for me because there’s way less pressure on them and they’ve been here before, many times.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If you dont watch other leagues just say so instead of making uninformed comment like this 🤦🏻‍♀️

Just in one team? Bayern, Frankfurt, Hoffenheim and Potsdam play basketball. I swear at the beginning of the season ppl said Wolfsburg are finished, now all of the sudden they’re the only team in the league 😂. Bundesliga is probably the more balanced league, competitive domestically and internationally. The top of the league until the fifth were only separated by 1-2 points until Wolfsburg met Bayern in their league decider game in the second half of the season and their 3rd cl sport were decided in the last game of the league. Top to 5th team didnt have that many gap in points.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I don't get that impression from Lyon at all, they are the good kind of confident you are after winning 7 european titles while still having respect for your opponent.

Everybody in the press, bookers, most woso fans are expecting Barcelona to win so imo it's great to see them not fold.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 00:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If you dont watch other leagues just say so instead of making uninformed comment like this 🤦🏻‍♀️

Just in one team? Bayern, Frankfurt, Hoffenheim and Potsdam play basketball. I swear at the beginning of the season ppl said Wolfsburg are finished, now all of the sudden they’re the only team in the league 😂. Bundesliga is probably the more balanced league, competitive domestically and internationally. The top of the league until the fifth were only separated by 1-2 points until Wolfsburg met Bayern in their league decider game in the second half of the season and their 3rd cl sport were decided in the last game of the league. Top to 5th team didnt have that many gap in points.
Tbf Wolfsburg totally pulverising their opposition recently in the bundesliga might have something to do with why people have that opinion... and that includes Bayern. (Who beat the champions league contender Potsdam with 5 goals on the final day)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 00:16
Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 00:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Tbf Wolfsburg totally pulverising their opposition recently in the bundesliga might have something to do with why people have that opinion... and that includes Bayern. (Who beat the champions league contender Potsdam with 5 goals on the final day)
Keyword recent, as recent as the last two games, when other teams dont have anything to play for, except for Frankfurt and Potsdam. Potsdam werent winning that game, especially not without their main striker aka the league’s top scorer in Selina Cerci until she suffered an acl. Who else got their league top scorer in the 4th team in the league? No one. If they watched the league from the beginning, it’s very very close. Wolfsburg even went 3rd and 4th in the first half of the season. They only started to pick up their stride in the second half of the season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 00:10
Guest wrote:
I don't get that impression from Lyon at all, they are the good kind of confident you are after winning 7 european titles while still having respect for your opponent.

Everybody in the press, bookers, most woso fans are expecting Barcelona to win so imo it's great to see them not fold.
DA the exact opposite of Chelsea last year :lol:

IMO Lyon don’t seem arrogant about their chances in the game, they just…believe in themselves while respecting the opponent? They have basically said that they think if they play their best game, they have a shot at winning which seems pretty reasonable for a team of top athletes. And I also think they feel like no matter the result, they’re an elite, historic team, Hegerberg said they have nothing to prove and I agree.

Sometimes it seems like people feel like anything aside from Barca ass kissing is somehow arrogant and wrong :nails: Pro athletes don’t get to the top without believing in themselves

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:16
Guest wrote:
We count like that for the men too. Real Madrid won 13 European Cups (under various names).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So what I'm getting is engen is banging both oshoala and mapi... big up to her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

and some people still think than they are not together

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 02:01
:hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 01:46
and some people still think than they are not together
x2 and I don’t think there is drama in the dressing room like its been said here either, Oshoala wouldn’t be joking like that especially in front of AMC if things were bad within the team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 21:38
Guest wrote:
I say 3-1 Lyon
I say 3-2 Lyon =_=
5-0 Barca =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

4-3 Barca

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

3-2 Barca

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2-1 Barca

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

penalty definition

Endler the hereo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da. The rest of your statement holds up except the bold part. The Wsl isn’t competitive. It’s just more competitive than the other leagues.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How do these players sleep before a final? I’m stressing out for them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who will be the referee in today's match?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 05:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da. The rest of your statement holds up except the bold part. The Wsl isn’t competitive. It’s just more competitive than the other leagues.
X2 WSL Is only slightly more competitive where 3-4 teams could beat each other on a given day instead of 1-2. NWSL is the only competitive womens league. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 06:15
Who will be the referee in today's match?
The Finnish chippy who clearly is a Barca fan :lol:
She was a referee between madrid-barca first leg game.. and No Bueno.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 06:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

X2 WSL Is only slightly more competitive where 3-4 teams could beat each other on a given day instead of 1-2. NWSL is the only competitive womens league. Da
Spurs took points from 3 out of 4 of the top teams this season, feel like they are only some good forward players away from being more competitive. Can understand why they want Parris and England.

Kinda feels like the WSL top teams are starting to look like the Premier league top teams tho, especially if Liverpool starts to invest in their team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Sooner or later WSL teams will be dominant in CL, same like a PL teams.Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think that OL will win with 3-2 after extra time. OL will score twice via headers and once with the foot. Barça will score twice with the foot, no headers, Barça will score once out of a penalty kick. OL will miss a penalty kick.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like all these predictions, but wouldn't be surprised if we all get it wildly wrong.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Roord going to Italy probably to watch the final. She’s not to bothered about engen and mapi then. That girl is an angel.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The game will be decided in the midfield and on the wings.
Selma, CGH, Rolfo, Cascarino, Horan,Henry, Alexia, Patri and Ellie. The game wil shift in favor of the players who win these matchups.

Personally, I want Lyon to win because I like their team spirit, energy and players. It’s always just good vibes and fun with them and they seem to really get along well. I see lot of people doubting and underestimating them, but Ada was right when she said they have nothing to prove. If they win, it will only be a testimony to their greatness and resilience. I’m rooting for that