Yellowjackets (Showtime)

Reactions:

Yellowjackets (Showtime)

Post by Guest »

A team of wildly talented high school girls soccer players who become the (un)lucky survivors of a plane crash deep in the Ontario wilderness.

One of the main characters, Taissa, has a wife.

Taissa now and teenage version:

Reactions:

Re: YELLOWJACKETS - TV series Showtime

Post by Guest »

I saw an article about this. Knowing that, intrigues me even more.

Guestly
Reactions:

Post by Guestly »

So this is like The Wilds but set in Canada?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Juliet Lewis? This is definitely gonna be a crazy ride, okay I'm in :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestly wrote:
09 Nov 2021, 23:55
So this is like The Wilds but set in Canada?
Yeah, but probably more het and less gay...which now that i think about it, its quite a feat for a show about soccer players...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Taissa is hot af.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 00:19
Taissa is hot af.
Tawny Cypress is a total babe, I remember her in that prison episode of SVU. Jasmin Savoy Brown used to have her old gf all over her Instagram, but they must have broken up (still wikipedia official though, lol). I think she had a thread on some version of l chat at some point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 00:28
Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 00:19
Taissa is hot af.
Tawny Cypress is a total babe, I remember her in that prison episode of SVU. Jasmin Savoy Brown used to have her old gf all over her Instagram, but they must have broken up (still wikipedia official though, lol). I think she had a thread on some version of l chat at some point.
Oh cute

Hghbh
Reactions:

Post by Hghbh »

I'm getting Lord Of The Flies vibes :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This sounds like the 1993 movie, Alive, which was about an Uruguayan rugby team's plane crashing into the Andes mountains in 1972. Apparently, they consumed the dead bodies of fellow passengers/teammates to survive. :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The first episode is actually available already. I watched it a few days ago on Showtime's youtube with a VPN for the US. Not sure if they have it up anywhere else. It was on the torrent sites too when I last checked.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 04:09
The first episode is actually available already. I watched it a few days ago on Showtime's youtube with a VPN for the US. Not sure if they have it up anywhere else. It was on the torrent sites too when I last checked.
And? How was it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 05:25
Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 04:09
And? How was it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Theories on Jackie?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 07:36
Theories on Jackie?

gguest
Reactions:

Post by gguest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 07:49
Guest wrote:
Theories on Jackie?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

gguest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 08:48
Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 07:49
Guest wrote:
Theories on Jackie?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Nov 2021, 21:28
A team of wildly talented high school girls soccer players who become the (un)lucky survivors of a plane crash deep in the Ontario wilderness.

So when she got older her eyes turned blue 👀 :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saw the first episode was completely creeped out but I might watch a little more to see what takes place

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 09:34
Guest wrote:
09 Nov 2021, 21:28

So when she got older her eyes turned blue 👀 :rofl:
Sometimes they have them wear contacts but I honestly wouldn’t have caught on if I didn’t see this comment

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I watched this last night. A little slow but I enjoyed the creepiness of it (not sure what that says about me lol). That this group is girls makes it watchable - just to see what they are capable of.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I doubt Jackie is dead.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Even if the girl who died was wearing the necklace, they were in the forest for almost 2 years. That necklace could have changed owners a few times throughout their stay. The necklace could also have been used as a signifier of leadership or even used as a replacement for cash when making transactions.
Could have been Jackie, but that seems like a too simple explanation. They also mentioned that there are more who survived but haven't kept in touch, so there is a chance she's still alive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 18:21
I watched this last night. A little slow but I enjoyed the creepiness of it (not sure what that says about me lol). That this group is girls makes it watchable - just to see what they are capable of.
I googled the pills she was given. It's an antipsychotic that's used to treat schizophrenia. Could be that her mental illness triggers a chain of events, especially since she seems to be doing some spiritual ritual in the second trailer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The castings between the younger and older versions is spot on. Good first episode. I'm intrigued to see how it all plays out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 18:50
Yeah, I doubt Jackie is dead.
No :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lottie in the pit? The girl with the "pilgrim hat"?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ep2 preview

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Co-produced by the female director who made the memorable and disturbing (but not overly gory) horror film The Invitation so she brings some of that creepiness to Yellowjackets, I'm pleased to notice. She also directed the pilot and perhaps others in the season (?). I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 15:45
Co-produced by the female director who made the memorable and disturbing (but not overly gory) horror film The Invitation so she brings some of that creepiness to Yellowjackets, I'm pleased to notice. She also directed the pilot and perhaps others in the season (?). I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
Karyn Kusama?? She also did Jennifer's Body (another cult fave).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 16:15
Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 15:45
Karyn Kusama?? She also did Jennifer's Body (another cult fave).
Yep. I loved the use of music in YJ too. PJ Harvey! ♬lttle fish, big fish, swimming in the water, come back here and give me my daughter♬ creeeeepy :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Another promo.

Saki888
Veteran
Reactions: 198

Post by Saki888 »

Do you think Shauna likes Jackie ? I get the feeling they're hinting she has feelings for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saki888 wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 19:51
Do you think Shauna likes Jackie ? I get the feeling they're hinting she has feelings for her.
I thought so as well, but now looking back I think it was just guilt she was feeling because she was sleeping with her boyfriend.

Saki888
Veteran
Reactions: 198

Post by Saki888 »

Guest wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 21:02
Saki888 wrote:
I thought so as well, but now looking back I think it was just guilt she was feeling because she was sleeping with her boyfriend.
I think that's possibly right but I thought when she was looking through window at. Jackie and why she did that, she wanted her in that moment. I think it go two different directions

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saki888 wrote:
fuck no lol. she fucked her bf and was also masturbating to photos of her daughter's bf. she's a weirdo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm crack shipping Shauna and Jackie and actually thought Shauna was gay at first but she clearly isn't so I'm going to ship them for fun. I think Shauna is just moreso jealous of Jackie if anything and wants to be her/be like her. My favorite characters though are Juliette's Lewis' character whose name I forgot and Misty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saki888 wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 21:11
Guest wrote:
Saki888 wrote:
I think that's possibly right but I thought when she was looking through window at. Jackie and why she did that, she wanted her in that moment. I think it go two different directions
Nope :fool: Get over it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 09:29
I'm crack shipping Shauna and Jackie and actually thought Shauna was gay at first but she clearly isn't so I'm going to ship them for fun. I think Shauna is just moreso jealous of Jackie if anything and wants to be her/be like her.
I'm siding with the wants to be her/be like her explanation too. My first thought was that she had a thing for her but that was gone before the end of the episode. She sleeps with Jackie's boyfriend and then ultimately marries the guy. It could be some very extreme version of feelings that manifests as wanting to be her/be like her, but it feels a bit more standard fare jealously/envy.

Maybe I only had the initial reaction I did because I had no clue of any lesbian rep but knew there had to be some, so I was looking for it. I also saw Shauna and Taissa vibes too. But again, maybe I only thought that because by the time I had reason to consider it, I had already seen Taissa's wife so was just seeing gay everywhere with her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 10:01
Guest wrote:
I'm crack shipping Shauna and Jackie and actually thought Shauna was gay at first but she clearly isn't so I'm going to ship them for fun. I think Shauna is just moreso jealous of Jackie if anything and wants to be her/be like her.
I'm siding with the wants to be her/be like her explanation too. My first thought was that she had a thing for her but that was gone before the end of the episode. She sleeps with Jackie's boyfriend and then ultimately marries the guy. It could be some very extreme version of feelings that manifests as wanting to be her/be like her, but it feels a bit more standard fare jealously/envy.

Maybe I only had the initial reaction I did because I had no clue of any lesbian rep but knew there had to be some, so I was looking for it. I also saw Shauna and Taissa vibes too. But again, maybe I only thought that because by the time I had reason to consider it, I had already seen Taissa's wife so was just seeing gay everywhere with her.
there’s no way they like each other that way lol. people are fucking reaching so much. don’t understand why they cant be happy with the lesbian rep thats already included in the show. they gotta headcanon some creep that masturbates to pictures of her daughter’s boyfriend as a queer person? fuck no , shes a hetero.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 10:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

there’s no way they like each other that way lol. people are fucking reaching so much. don’t understand why they cant be happy with the lesbian rep thats already included in the show. they gotta headcanon some creep that masturbates to pictures of her daughter’s boyfriend as a queer person? fuck no , shes a hetero.
All of them are creeps. They're fucking cannibals :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 10:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
Yeah, I agree with this. As soon as I saw what she did on her daughter’s bed to the bf pics…no ma’am. <_<

I’m loving Taissa btw both present day and past :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saki888 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Saki888 wrote:
I wondered if Jackie might be gay when the boyfriend couldn't get her off in bed, but that could also just him being a bad lay lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 00:00
Saki888 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Saki888 wrote:
I wondered if Jackie might be gay when the boyfriend couldn't get her off in bed, but that could also just him being a bad lay lol.
:nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't care about any ships or who may have a crush on whom. I just wanna see w/w cannibalistic mayhem! Oh, and Christina Ricci acting psycho a la her Lizze Borden role :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There was an advanced screening for episode two. A few noteworthy spoilers from someone who watched it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 03:58
There was an advanced screening for episode two. A few noteworthy spoilers from someone who watched it.
Hmm another intriguing episode. I can't wait.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Melanie, Juliet and Christina all in a creepy show together? Yes please, count me in :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 07:32