Yellowjackets (Showtime)

Reactions:

Re: YELLOWJACKETS - TV series Showtime

Post by Guest »

Hello guys, new here. I've been reading good things about this show and I just wanna ask. Should I really watch it? All of my fav shows are still on hiatus, I've tried watching new ones but I have a hard time getting involved when it's not female centric/heavy. Please, I want an honest opinion, I'm super bored :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Mari you better watch your tone. Misty gonna kill you after she killed coach :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 05:08
Hello guys, new here. I've been reading good things about this show and I just wanna ask. Should I really watch it? All of my fav shows are still on hiatus, I've tried watching new ones but I have a hard time getting involved when it's not female centric/heavy. Please, I want an honest opinion, I'm super bored :whistle:
Just try the pilot girl

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Listening to the podcast now and Laura Lee was originally intended to die in the crash, but they kept the character around longer because they loved Jane.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 04:46
Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 23:21
Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 22:46
Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 22:02
Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 21:53
Liv Tyler or Winona Ryder on stilts for adult Lottie. Also Mia Kirshner on stilts
I like your thinking anon :lol:
X2 Live Tyler would actually be pretty perfect.
Liv Tyler looks nothing like her. Lol. Her most striking feature are her large blue eyes and lottie has dark brown eyes. Liv Tyler is also quite fair skinned not olive. Same with Winona Ryder, she looks nothing like her and she’s short.
DA

I’ve been suggesting white women cos I forgot that she’s mixed... cos I kept thinking it’s only Mari who is mixed as she looks more mixed compared to lottie.

Wow imagine if they both live and we get to see hot wasians on our screen. I am here for it!!! Give me my eye candy pls!

Liv Tyler is white and too hot to be lottie. It has to be the right amount of hotness... just a hint of asian not half half.
Are you 12 years old? Your fetishism and shallowness is very obnoxious.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 02:12
Do we have any guesses what Van claims she saw when she was in between life and death ?
Depends if there’s a clue to be found in the Jackie back inside in the cabin scene. If that was Jackie's between/crossing over, then Van could have seen similar. If it was a Shauna dream then Van could have seen anything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 05:11
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 05:08
Just try the pilot girl
THANKS! You've been of so much help!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Mari seems pretty chatty this last episode :nervous: either they're gonna give her more action or they'll gonna kill her :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Since the cult kidnappers wear some kind of monk like robe, I could see Lottie being a spiritual leader who owns a wellness resort kinda type lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Callie theory laid to rest about her being pit girl.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment ... -explained

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 06:02
It’s really easy to hate this character. She’s whiny, petty, hypocrite and a backstabber. Pretty much someone you don’t want to be best friends with regardless how shallow Jackie was. Urgh. She belongs with Jeff.

I think the characters are well written tho and well acted.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope they could keep it interesting in season 2. I dont want it to be another westworld :dramaqueen:
Especially since they killed jackie. I'm not one of the stans but she's one of the character you're drawn into. Jackie death gonna change the whole dynamic in the group.
I don't think Lottie is really a leader kinda type. Van and Misty probably gonna influence her a lot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 06:27
Callie theory laid to rest about her being pit girl.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment ... -explained
404 error :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 04:59
Bear definitely drank the shroom soup
Do you think he drank that red tainted water also? The one Taissa group saw when they try to venture out for help.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 01:44
I just watched it. Not Jackie :bigcry:
The woods can have them all. Not even the coach said something to prevent what happened :dramaqueen: :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shannyn Sossamon fits a lot of the Adult Lottie points. On the taller side she has the right age and look.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jackie: you had sex with my boyfriend and are pregnant with his baby

shauna: well you made me listen to spice girls! I don’t even like soccer! Skank!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 06:27
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 06:02
It’s really easy to hate this character. She’s whiny, petty, hypocrite and a backstabber. Pretty much someone you don’t want to be best friends with regardless how shallow Jackie was. Urgh. She belongs with Jeff.

I think the characters are well written tho and well acted.
And yet Jackie loves her. I wonder how they became friends.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

These writers don’t seem to realize that spice girls first album didn’t even come out in the us until Christmas 1996. Also Jackie wrote in her diary that bring it on and titanic are her favorite movies which came out in 1999 and 1997 respectively. Like what :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 07:22
Jackie: you had sex with my boyfriend and are pregnant with his baby

shauna: well you made me listen to spice girls! I don’t even like soccer! Skank!
They were trying to make Jackie out to be a bully but she seemed sweet to me. It’s not her fault shauna has low self esteem. Shauna is a gaslighter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 07:27
These writers don’t seem to realize that spice girls first album didn’t even come out in the us until Christmas 1996. Also Jackie wrote in her diary that bring it on and titanic are her favorite movies which came out in 1999 and 1997 respectively. Like what :nervous:
Shauna was definitely writing in that journal post-rescue. They shared one before they left for nationals. All the references dated too late to have been Jackie aren't errors, they're Shauna's work. But the Spice Girls reference (in relation to Van?) is probably a fair point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What if Lottie already saw everything in her visions? :dramaqueen: She passively sacrificing Laura Lee and Jackie :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 07:27
Some theories are floating around that they messed up the timeline due to covid's delays and in the original script the class was 1997 or 1998. So not sure what happened there.

And apparently the notes in Jackie's diary are correct according to the writers. But I don't know if we believe them, or not, it's too early, lol. I won't be surprised if it was Shauna adding the movies after they came back because she had to be absolutely devastated.

Saki888
Veteran
Reactions: 198

Post by Saki888 »

I wonder if Lottie is Indigenous/Native ? the future seeing is something described in Native American stories. Maybe this land is tapping into that power , maybe that land was a burial ground or a place where Natives died and it became cursed?

the stuff about the bears and deer play a huge role in Native culture and the symbol kinda looks like Native symbol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 04:16
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 04:09
Sophia bush? Please pick someone who looks remotely like her, I beg. I also don’t necessarily think she’s alive.
Neither do I. Everyone is just running with it because her name was said and further survivors are expected/wanted. There are plenty of reasons 'who the fuck is Lottie Matthews' passes as a misdirect on a show that is 80% misdirection.
Page catch few pages someone posted creators interview after the finale, girls.
Creators of this show told Deadline reporter that Lottie is alive interview.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 04:54
I think nat the only realized about the cult
Nah, she was ready to take her life due to that stupid oath with Travis and what Shauna told her. I mean, I have to give credit to Melanie for playing adult Shauna. The way she spoke with Nat, her reaction, her tone, I'm mean, you can hate the character, but she plays her brilliantly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

OMG!! Who said this? People are really sick :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This made me really sad :'(
Ella really wanted Jackie to live , damn you writers, Couldn't you just kill other random girls? :sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That letterman jacket :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 09:27
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 04:16
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 04:09
Sophia bush? Please pick someone who looks remotely like her, I beg. I also don’t necessarily think she’s alive.
Neither do I. Everyone is just running with it because her name was said and further survivors are expected/wanted. There are plenty of reasons 'who the fuck is Lottie Matthews' passes as a misdirect on a show that is 80% misdirection.
Page catch few pages someone posted creators interview after the finale, girls.
Creators of this show told Deadline reporter that Lottie is alive interview.
There is a 25 year gap between Lottie leaving the wilderness and 'who the fuck is Lottie Matthews?' being spoken. Just because there is an adult Lottie, it doesn't necessarily mean Lottie is alive at the very moment Nat is bundled into the back of that van by the weirdos in pajamas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 09:36
This made me really sad :'(
Ella really wanted Jackie to live , damn you writers, Couldn't you just kill other random girls? :sadangel:
aww ella :dramaqueen:

Saki888
Veteran
Reactions: 198

Post by Saki888 »

is Ella gay or straight?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think the theory that they have to give something back to get something in return checks out. It's the core of Lottie's cult. She thinks they had to sacrifice someone Travis/Jackie to get something from the woods. And I think the same idea is followed by the cult - Taissa, Misty. It only looks like Shauna and Nat are not aware of this, or Misty and/or Taissa are being framed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'll take ghost Jackie, please come back Ella :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

so if lottie is alive in the present, that means she killed travis. so true queen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 10:03
so if lottie is alive in the present, that means she killed travis. so true queen.
She has to finish what she started.
She's committed queen :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Two options: one they left the signs next to his body to send a threat to the survivors but that didn't seem to work lmao

So the second option, they tried to save him, but were late, so in order to send him away in a right way, they left the signs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
not consistent tho, why save nat?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I miss them :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 11:01
Guest wrote:
Save her as in stop her from pulling the trigger? Maybe they didn't know she had a gun to her head and it was just incredibly lucky timing.

Misty knew to burst in and stop her snorting the coke because she had the spy cam watching. But the cult members only turned up after Suzie went digging over Travis' bank account, and if she was calling right as Nat was being dragged out then there was probably a limited window of time between Suzie figuring out she was being watched and the cult finding/getting to Nat.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know it is wrong but the Shaunas are my faves. :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.vulture.com/article/ella-pu ... gn=vulture

Ella Purnell on Surviving Yellowjackets as ‘Queen Bee’ Jackie
Even the smallest details from the show have become theories about Jackie maybe possibly being alive. There’s one where people think that she killed Misty Quigley, assumed her identity, and now is being played by Christina Ricci.

I love that; that’s so funny. When someone’s in denial, there is no telling to what ends they will go.
whew drag me queen :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 11:43
lol. there's no rights and wrongs watching this show. Shauna's actresses are really good, like really. My fave is Tai and I was watching the last ep and was like

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 11:01
Guest wrote:
Well, it's not yet clear that they were "saving" Nat by kidnapping her. They may fully intend to harm her too. It's possible they gave Travis a choice between something like joining them willingly or death and he chose death.

And killing Travis might just be finishing what Lottie started at Doomcoming. We don't know the exact reason why she fixated on him, but at the time she seemed focused on sacrificing Travis and only Travis, even after Nat showed up to stop them. It seemed related to them repeating something like "you took something that doesn't belong to you" to Jackie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I always like Teen Shauna, despite that one flaw, she cares about everyone. She's taking care of Javi when his dad died. She went to the attic so Tai wouldn't be alone. Adult Shauna has no redeemable quality.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 11:51
Guest wrote:
lol. there's no rights and wrongs watching this show. Shauna's actresses are really good, like really. My fave is Tai and I was watching the last ep and was like

DA. Yup
We all stan future cannibals, girl.
There is no moral high ground with this show. Just enjoy the crazy plot and pretty girls

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.vulture.com/article/yellowj ... mundi.html

Yall remember Misty reading a book in the porch? :nervous:
His most famous work, The Magus, deals with “the natural magic of herbs and stones, magnetism, talismanic magic, alchemy, numerology, the elements.” Misty’s been pulling all kinds of weird books out of this cabin they’ve been staying in. Books on plants, books on survival, and now this kind of stuff ends up on her reading list. It makes me wonder if Lottie is the real Antler Queen or a puppet sent into motion by Misty’s influence.
During their press tours for their first season of Yellowjackets, both Christina Ricci and Juliette Lewis mentioned that their characters are both master manipulators and that you shouldn’t trust a word they say or a thing they do. Juliette Lewis has also said that her character Natalie was pitched to her as being a chameleon, which she wishes would have been shown more.