Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 16:16
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 16:06
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 14:50
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 10:36
The show is doing just fine. There’s even talk about spin-offs. I swear there’s been some anon on here all season trying to convince us ratings are bad and the show is getting cancelled lol It’s the buzziest (pun intended) show on Showtime in a while outside of Dexter. It’s more likely than not to play out the entire arc the creators have planned.
I don't even see why the ratings matter. Streaming services cancel shows for a variety of reasons. Popular shows get cancelled too. I don't think YJ is in danger either.
Da. Of course, there can be other reasons for cancellation of a show. But ratings do matter! Ratings are an indication that people are actually watching the show and the streaming platform makes money. If the show has bad ratings, it most likely will get cancelled because the production of it doesn’t pay off. Many of those cancelled "popular" shows, were popular mostly on social media, but didn’t have the ratings the streaming platforms were aiming.The shows that actually had very good ratings got renewed. Showtime isn’t a streaming platform btw.
No, things get cancelled after the first or second season because otherwise the executives have to start paying the people who actually make the shows. Ratings don't mean shit unless you are literally Stranger Things or Succession. Roll with it and hope for the best.
Yeah, that’s what I mean, the ratings Netflix is aiming for are very high and this shows didn’t reach those ratings lol. The ratings this shows like 1899 have are just not enough for them. Why would they renew all this other shows if they have Stranger Things, Wednesdays, etc that will make them money? And when they can get about the same ratings with way cheaper shows like Emily in Paris? I knew 1899, warrior nun and plenty other shows are gonna get cancelled just by looking at their ratings, it was just obvious. At the same time I knew the last of us will 100% get more seasons, despite some critic on social media because the ratings were so good. Based on ratings, you can guess.

The other thing about Netflix they generally produce more shows than other platforms, hence at the end they cancel more shows than anyone else, not really comparable to Showtime that’s a tv network

Reactions:

Re: Yellowjackets (Showtime)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 16:32
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 16:16
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 16:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The show is doing just fine. There’s even talk about spin-offs. I swear there’s been some anon on here all season trying to convince us ratings are bad and the show is getting cancelled lol It’s the buzziest (pun intended) show on Showtime in a while outside of Dexter. It’s more likely than not to play out the entire arc the creators have planned.
I don't even see why the ratings matter. Streaming services cancel shows for a variety of reasons. Popular shows get cancelled too. I don't think YJ is in danger either.
Da. Of course, there can be other reasons for cancellation of a show. But ratings do matter! Ratings are an indication that people are actually watching the show and the streaming platform makes money. If the show has bad ratings, it most likely will get cancelled because the production of it doesn’t pay off. Many of those cancelled "popular" shows, were popular mostly on social media, but didn’t have the ratings the streaming platforms were aiming.The shows that actually had very good ratings got renewed. Showtime isn’t a streaming platform btw.
No, things get cancelled after the first or second season because otherwise the executives have to start paying the people who actually make the shows. Ratings don't mean shit unless you are literally Stranger Things or Succession. Roll with it and hope for the best.
Yeah, that’s what I mean, the ratings Netflix is aiming for are very high and this shows didn’t reach those ratings lol. The ratings this shows like 1899 have are just not enough for them. Why would they renew all this other shows if they have Stranger Things, Wednesdays, etc that will make them money? And when they can get about the same ratings with way cheaper shows like Emily in Paris? I knew 1899, warrior nun and plenty other shows are gonna get cancelled just by looking at their ratings, it was just obvious. At the same time I knew the last of us will 100% get more seasons, despite some critic on social media because the ratings were so good. Based on ratings, you can guess.

The other thing about Netflix they generally produce more shows than other platforms, hence at the end they cancel more shows than anyone else, not really comparable to Showtime that’s a tv network
SA quoting myself *despite some criticism

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ashley confirmed there is a bonus episode.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder what the timing of the bonus ep will be, and if the strike delaying the arrival of s3 might mean the ep release is pushed back. Halloween is the obvious guess. But Halloween this year or next. And if the idea is for this bonus ep to be a lead in to s3 promo then it could take even longer to arrive.

But I guess the bonus ep confirmation answers the question of why only 9 episodes in s2. I don't believe them when they say they only needed 9 to be able to tell the story of the season, I think it's pretty obvious they wrote everything to fit only 9 so they could do something different with the 10th.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 03:30

A 90’s glam rock musical episode?! :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 11:03
I would definitely watch this. That’s a dream

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 06:23
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 04:36
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 04:18
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 03:49
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 01:26

Half a million is a lot, of course. But don’t the numbers oft drop ? Anyway, the numbers are still good.
Final season episode numbers don’t drop like this if a season performed well. Usually they can go up like it happened last year or it happened with Succession just thinking of cable shows.
1/4 of the audience is a lot.

Between this and the negative reviews, i expect the writers will rethink and change up for season 3
DA Which I'm of conflicted about. It wasn't bad like some stuff's been bad, it had its flaws but mostly what people reacted to was more a genre shift than actual things done badly. It became more about the characters and the long, hard process of surviving and the trauma, while people wanted it to still be fun and zany and unexpected like the first season.
I think the complaints were the opposite. That this season was less about the characters and more about the shock and wanting to be unexpected.
Like going to quick on the canibalism, going to quick on everyone just accepting to kill others. There wasn’t character conflict on those things and exploration.
And issues with the adult storyline
Da
Thats interesting because I also saw people complaining that there are not enough cannibalism and they actually expected more of it and that this season is boring. There are many different complaints about this season. Honestly some people are really overdramatising on social media, the season has its flaws, but it isn’t that bad
DA I don't think so. The first season was a cult hit with both fans and critics, but outside of a few outlets, a lot of the season has been panned by the critics as well.

There is a lot to like about this season, but that's mostly related to the performances - which were pretty exceptional - especially the young cast. The writing is another matter entirely. The skipping or rushing through big dramatic moments with young Yellowjackets was a common complaint, but the adult storylines is what most people are really upset about.

It was always going to be a challenge to make the adult storylines as compelling as what was going on in the woods decades earlier, but the adult storylines in season 2 lacked both an underlying mystery to keeps fans engaged and what they did focus on, other than addressing the impact of how losing a baby impacted her relationship with Callie, was executed in the most clunky way possible (Nat trying to find peace at the cult, the resolution of Shauna and Misty's respective murders in season 1, etc..). It didn't help that so many of the characters like Tai, Nat, and Van were sidelined for most of season in plotlines that went nowhere until everyone regrouped at the cult compound.

I really hope they use the extra time with the strike to rethink how they tackle storylines going forward.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I thought the random extras were over but just realized they're still there

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Hoping it's not an entire episode devoted to Cabin man. I do not care lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 15:21
Guest wrote:
I'm expecting an entire episode dedicated to the cabin, now that it's dead. A eulogy of sorts. So it probably will focus heavily on its backstory, which is of course dead cabin guy. Not quite sure how the teen timeline is woven into that without it feeling like all of the scenes ought to have been included in the proper episodes of s1 & 2 and we've been short-changed not getting them sooner. I'll give the bonus episode a chance, but I'm not going to pretend like I wouldn't have preferred it to be pre-crash focused.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well there are pics of Jason Ritter filming at the cabin and he has on the jacket the teens have been passing around. So I’d say there’s a good chance that could be the bonus episode. I’m fine with that because I’m interested in it but get some may not be. Not sure how much more we need pre-crash. I think the first episode did a good job setting up the dynamics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 13:28
Someone had to keep Travis from stopping the hunt while the lead characters tried to kill Nat. :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 13:28
I like then. They are funny.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Actually there should be more random extras- I think there were 19 crash survivors but we’ve only seen 16 survivors since a few episodes into season one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
Because ratings are one of those reasons? Everyone is always talking about ratings when it comes to cancellations or renewals. It would be strange to not consider them at all. Other aspects like budget or nominations are important too. For example, I'm more than sure that Yellowjackets got an early Season 2 renewal exactly because it had good ratings, and then most likely it was renewed for season 3 even before the release of season 2 due to seven Emmy nominations. I’m curious if season 2 will be nominated. I doubt that it will win though, the show has pretty worthy competitors IMO.

But on top of that, as a fan of the show, it's just nice to see that the show is doing well.I don’t know about all of you here, but it makes me personally happy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 15:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm expecting an entire episode dedicated to the cabin, now that it's dead. A eulogy of sorts. So it probably will focus heavily on its backstory, which is of course dead cabin guy. Not quite sure how the teen timeline is woven into that without it feeling like all of the scenes ought to have been included in the proper episodes of s1 & 2 and we've been short-changed not getting them sooner. I'll give the bonus episode a chance, but I'm not going to pretend like I wouldn't have preferred it to be pre-crash focused.
da
I don't mind a bonus episode being about cabin guy. I migh watch it. But not gonna lie I too, would have probably preferred it to be about pre-crash, and I'm a bit mad now that most likely because of the bonus episode we had only 9 episodes this season

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 07:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
I don't mind a bonus episode being about cabin guy. I migh watch it. But not gonna lie I too, would have probably preferred it to be about pre-crash, and I'm a bit mad now that most likely because of the bonus episode we had only 9 episodes this season
I agree that it will mostly likely be a case of the writers giving season two only nine eps so they could do something a bit gimmicky with the tenth and I don't like that either. But idk, maybe I'd be more forgiving of the decision if the bonus stuff was something I'm interested in? I feel like all the dead cabin guy stuff will only appeal those who are interested in the supernatural elements here and the symbols and all that jazz but I'm just not one of those people. I'm here for the characters, and so seeing their pre-crash selves fills in more of the story I personally like watching for than Id get from seeing what happened to dead cabin guy and how it's probably going to parallel events in the teen timeline just to create another layer of the wilderness being this weird force that's pulling strings.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any recommendations for grown up Tai/Van fanfic?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
Da I'm more likely to think that a bonus ep was a concession because they were only budgeted for 9 episodes. I can't imagine the show itself fighting to have a shorter season just so they could add something in the off time.

Especially if it is a cabin guy focus: a single existing set, a single actor, shot over a constrained time frame. Cheaper for sure than a full season episode.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
DA i would also like it be a pre-crash episode and this was my initial thought when I heard there was going to be a bonus episode. I felt that the health class/giving birth episode should have featured more pre crash flashbacks. The pre crash dynamic imo really adds something to the show and characterizations and I'm not just saying that cause I love Jackie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 17:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
DA i would also like it be a pre-crash episode and this was my initial thought when I heard there was going to be a bonus episode. I felt that the health class/giving birth episode should have featured more pre crash flashbacks. The pre crash dynamic imo really adds something to the show and characterizations and I'm not just saying that cause I love Jackie.
I miss Jackie/Ella so much. :bigcry:

I get why they did it, but killing off Jackie so soon was the biggest mistake they ever made on this show. And not just because of the obvious shipping implications. Jackie's complete lack of survival skills and her constant snark/eye rolls when confronted with any of day-to-day drama in the woods never stopped making me laugh. She was so relatable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Regarding Tai‘s storyline/screentime. Apparently in '96 was cut a lot, I‘m sure it happened not only to her character, but it explains a lot now. To me it did feel more to the end of the season like they needed more episodes and that 9 episodes instead of 10 was a mistake. They finale was rushed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 09:32
Regarding Tai‘s storyline/screentime. Apparently in '96 was cut a lot, I‘m sure it happened not only to her character, but it explains a lot now. To me it did feel more to the end of the season like they needed more episodes and that 9 episodes instead of 10 was a mistake. They finale was rushed.
I suppose there is still a chance that all of these '96 scenes haven't been cut cut, but rather cut from the linear narrative, and are going to be intertwined with the dead cabin guy scenes to make some kind of clever story within a story type episode. There seems to be too much that didn't make it in that would have fleshed out the teen timeline a bit more and that kinda sounds like the exact set up you would want from a bonus episode, i.e. here's another hour of the show but it's not the next hour of the story. Whatever this tenth episode is it surely isn't going to function like the first episode of s3 would because that would effectively mean s3 gets say 11 episodes but the first is going to come at some random time and the rest later. That doesn't sound right. I'm expecting the bonus episode will just be window dressing something, so to speak. Additional but not necessarily integral. Throwing in a bunch of scenes that were plucked from s2 and rolled together to tie the dead cabin guy into the 96' timeline without having to insert the dead cabin guy stuff between 2x01-2x09, like those lame flashbacks of Ben's boyfriend, sounds the more likely thing than this episode containing just the dead cabin guy alone for the whole episode or there being teen scenes post-fire.

Or maybe I'm wrong and everything that was cut is now on the editing room floor never to be seen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I fell into the LotNat rabbit hole :facepalm: someone please rec me some good fics :eyes:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

After the show killed one of the Adults, do we actually expect happy ends for any characters? I just started preparing for the worst and I am curious if anyone else is doing the same. I know people also ask happy end for Simone somewhere away from Taissa because they like her, I like her too, but isn’t Simone somehow already doomed to end badly?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 16:27
After the show killed one of the Adults, do we actually expect happy ends for any characters? I just started preparing for the worst and I am curious if anyone else is doing the same. I know people also ask happy end for Simone somewhere away from Taissa because they like her, I like her too, but isn’t Simone somehow already doomed to end badly?
Right from the start I never expected a happy ending for anyone. I just never got the sense we were going in that direction. I had this show down as plain misery for everyone, start to end. But now I'm wondering if actually their endings won't be misery at all, but rather death. As in, they were all supposed to die in the crash/wilderness and so they all finally will die, one way or another. A little bit Final Destination like. Only it won't be a case of fate being avoided because someone had a premonition to stay away from the death causing accident, it will be more like they left the wilderness before It could pick them all off one by one. Although, if we follow the game of draw a card and sacrifice the unlucky person then it should really have resulted in one remaining survivor had it been able to play out to its conclusion, so maybe everyone dies except one of them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I really don’t see why Shauna and Misty can’t have happy straight endings with their straight families and boyfriends. On the other hand, Van of course is dead and Taissa is in the mental institution, where Simone put her when she woke up.
Maybe I’m a bit negative, but I’m beyond disappointed about the cancer. Season 2 was so perfectly set up for Van and Taissa to get back together. Simone is terrified of Taissa and the two of them are never getting back together. I mean why not give lesbians a happy ending :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 19:53
Guest wrote:
I really don’t see why Shauna and Misty can’t have happy straight endings with their straight families and boyfriends. On the other hand, Van of course is dead and Taissa is in the mental institution, where Simone put her when she woke up.
Maybe I’m a bit negative, but I’m beyond disappointed about the cancer. Season 2 was so perfectly set up for Van and Taissa to get back together. Simone is terrified of Taissa and the two of them are never getting back together. I mean why not give lesbians a happy ending :-/
I don't think Walter and Misty will have a happy ending. I think they will eventually have to get rid of him.

Shauna may be the one with the greatest chance at a happy ending but I'm still not sure. To be honest I feel like she does deserve it along with Tai.

I think Van will beat the cancer to buy into the supernatural thing (and it would be a dubious thing like maybe now that she believes she will be cured she'll see Tai's doctors and they'll actually successfully remove it), but she may end up dying a different way. I don't think the writers will have Tai lose both Van and Simone so she'll stay with one of them at the end. Dark Tai is the perfect reason why she should be given a happy ending, since most of her wrongdoings happened under a fugue state.

I feel like if Van survives then Lottie is definitely dead. And if Van dies Lottie is on the line. She is the least safe right now.

Misty could also go either way: alive or death, happy and free or locked up. She'll definitely live to the finale because Cristina Ricci and Melanie Lynskey (and now Tawny Cypress too!) will have to survive till the end but she's done the most wrong doings and she's only ever felt bad for Nat's deat

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I agree about Shauna, she has the best chances to get a happy end, maybe she is even the one who is telling this story now when everyone else is dead. I do disagree with you about Misty though. I like adult Misty and Christina Ricci, but the girl is so scary, I can't imagine her having an actual normal life and therefore her having a happy end.I just can't even imagine what it will look like. Will Misty suddenly stop being Misty??

I get people being negative when it comes to our canon gay characters. But I think that in particular this situation people overthinking.In shows like the Yellowjackets the characters don't have an entirely usual life, so you do not need to think much about how to kill one of them and to make it make sense in the show - you already have a lot of options on how to kill off a character. Nat died without having any deadly illnesses and she wasn't even the one who drew queen of hearts, but she is the one who died. Young Van was almost eaten by a wolf and almost burned twice and she is still alive. So to me this cancer story means nothing. Because if they want to kill her, they can also kill her without any cancer story, and if they want to keep her, they just can cure the cancer somehow. The cancer story decides here absolutely nothing.

Tai's situation worries me personally the most because Simone is a threat and I think most fans don't realize that. The other Tai almost killed Simone not only to make Tai go to Van but also because Simone was threatening Tai's career and life that she built and has right now. I don't see how this story can end with them just divorcing. This situation doesn't look good for them both.

At the moment, to be honest, it's hard for me to imagine happy end for most of the characters including Lottie who most likely will die or spend her whole life in the mental institution-she is basically paired with meds since she was a kid and I don't see that ever being changed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do we really think Shauna would actually be able to find happiness with her family? She sort of feels beyond that. I think at this point the only happy ending for her would be teaming up with Misty and going on a serial killing spree across all of the states. I don't think Jeff and Callie could compare to that in terms of her happiness.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 23:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I don't think Walter and Misty will have a happy ending. I think they will eventually have to get rid of him.

Shauna may be the one with the greatest chance at a happy ending but I'm still not sure. To be honest I feel like she does deserve it along with Tai.

I think Van will beat the cancer to buy into the supernatural thing (and it would be a dubious thing like maybe now that she believes she will be cured she'll see Tai's doctors and they'll actually successfully remove it), but she may end up dying a different way. I don't think the writers will have Tai lose both Van and Simone so she'll stay with one of them at the end. Dark Tai is the perfect reason why she should be given a happy ending, since most of her wrongdoings happened under a fugue state.

I feel like if Van survives then Lottie is definitely dead. And if Van dies Lottie is on the line. She is the least safe right now.

Misty could also go either way: alive or death, happy and free or locked up. She'll definitely live to the finale because Cristina Ricci and Melanie Lynskey (and now Tawny Cypress too!) will have to survive till the end but she's done the most wrong doings and she's only ever felt bad for Nat's deat
No she doesn't deserve a happy ending. Shauna is the worst lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 06:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

People really do read her as nothing more than a bored housewife and completely skip over the sociopathic tendencies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 06:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

People really do read her as nothing more than a bored housewife and completely skip over the sociopathic tendencies.
x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

How is Shauna the worst? And it isn’t about who of them deserve a happy ending and who doesn’t but who has more chances to get one character- and story wise.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 04:17
Do we really think Shauna would actually be able to find happiness with her family? She sort of feels beyond that. I think at this point the only happy ending for her would be teaming up with Misty and going on a serial killing spree across all of the states. I don't think Jeff and Callie could compare to that in terms of her happiness.
Shauna is capable of killing and she doesn't seem to feel much remorse about killing someone but she also does not seem getting much satisfaction from this process. So I don't see how her happiness would be going on a serial killing spree, her killing Adam and dealing with that aren't the same moments when we see her actually being happy. Despite everything, she actually loves her family and they love her.You could count her family and she being alright by the end of the show as her happy end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
What exactly makes her the worst in your opinion ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 11:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
Not OP, but I think the fact that she's shown as getting off on violence is sort of one of the things people have concerns about. Her lack of remorse another. Her apathy towards other peoples emotions another thing. I don't shame her, because I fucking love the character, but she's not a hero. She's a villain (most of them are which is why it's so much fun) with trauma, but still a villain.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 13:07
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 11:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
Not OP, but I think the fact that she's shown as getting off on violence is sort of one of the things people have concerns about. Her lack of remorse another. Her apathy towards other peoples emotions another thing. I don't shame her, because I fucking love the character, but she's not a hero. She's a villain (most of them are which is why it's so much fun) with trauma, but still a villain.
Yeah, I'm not saying that they are good people, they are definitely aren't. I woudn't call them villain though, I see them more as moraly gray characters. It just the word worst confused me and I was curious what makes OP think that Shauna is the worst because I personally don't see how Shauna is worse than for example Misty

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't think any of them are getting a happy ending. They might not all die but I don't see any of them even being given endings where they finally deal with trauma, become more well-adjusted or end in a good place.

The way this show is going, I see them all having endings that suck in different ways as punishment for what happened/will happen in the wilderness e.g. Shauna losing Callie like she lost the baby (or Jackie) just when she finally starts loving her, Misty being left alone and unwanted/not needed by everyone, Taissa's life that she build up crumbling before her very eyes, Van learning that the wilderness was never the reason why she survived it was just pure dumb luck and Lottie....idk what ending would be the worst for Lottie but probably something that makes her realise that the wilderness never existed and it was all in her head.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Duckie v2
Reactions: 28

Post by Duckie v2 »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 11:21
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 04:17
Shauna is capable of killing and she doesn't seem to feel much remorse about killing someone but she also does not seem getting much satisfaction from this process. So I don't see how her happiness would be going on a serial killing spree, her killing Adam and dealing with that aren't the same moments when we see her actually being happy. Despite everything, she actually loves her family and they love her.You could count her family and she being alright by the end of the show as her happy end.
The scene between Shauna and Misty in Lottie’s compound punctualized the difference between Shauna and Misty imo:

Misty not only enjoys the violence but she sees it as necessary and doesn't consider it shameful. Shauna enjoys the violence and doesn't necessarily feel bad for the person she killed but she feels extremely wrong for being like that and it's deeply scared of hurting her daughter for being who she is (and maybe even Jeff).

I think we need to remind ourselves that the frontal lobe of the brain (which has to do with impulse control, conscience and emotion) develops until we are thirty and that trauma and stress can affect its development. Add a long starvation period and, in Shauna's case, the hormonal imbalance caused by pregnancy and giving birth in those conditions.

So, this might actually be a case where there's an actual clincial impairment affecting their actions. But, at least when it comes to Shauna, just like with Nat and Tai this season, there's a genuine awareness that what she feels regarding violence is wrong and a worry for that behavior that she can't seem to control. Unlike Misty, who we saw was already displaying behavior that should be looked into before the plane crash but maybe her parents never got concerned over it since she was highly functional and it was the 90's.

Ariananmdbm
Reactions:

Post by Ariananmdbm »

I wonder if Misty ever confessed about what she did to the others. Since she was the reason they were stuck there longer, did she spill? If she didnt will she ever do and how will it affect the remaining ones now? Or mayne it does not matter anymore since theres only 5 left

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ariananmdbm wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 21:05
I wonder if Misty ever confessed about what she did to the others. Since she was the reason they were stuck there longer, did she spill? If she didnt will she ever do and how will it affect the remaining ones now? Or mayne it does not matter anymore since theres only 5 left
She is alive and even though some of them call her crazy they all still talk to her/have contact with her. I don't think they know what she did. It definitely would be interesting to see their reaction when they find out.Some of them might take this information calmly, since many years have passed, but some of them might have a very negative reaction

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 22:24
Ariananmdbm wrote:
She is alive and even though some of them call her crazy they all still talk to her/have contact with her. I don't think they know what she did. It definitely would be interesting to see their reaction when they find out.Some of them might take this information calmly, since many years have passed, but some of them might have a very negative reaction
DA The show hasn't yet confirmed what its canon is regarding the whole black box thing. We don't know, canonically speaking, if what Misty did to it genuinely doomed them. The real life scenario is that it didn't matter at all because black box technology doesn't work in the 'destroy it and nobody can locate us' sense that Misty's actions have been framed as until now. Is that artistic licence on the part of the writers who wanted Misty to doom them, or is it more that Misty didn't doom them but she thought she was doing so in the moment.

If it's the former, then I can't imagine anyone would want anything to do with her. I also can't imagine she wouldn't have faced legal consequences. So my guess here is that she hasn't ever confessed.

If it's the latter then reactions to that would be a little bit more complex, because she wouldn't have actually doomed them - so why not be fine with her - but at the same time it would have become patently clear just how unhinged she is - so why be around that kind of presence if you don't need to be. I would again guess she hasn't ever confessed.

In both cases, events and dynamics seen in the present day timeline suggest nobody knows what Misty did. I also think this is the most likely just because you get way more mileage out of the story if you drop the revealing of what Misty did when they're adults, because that way you get to make it a source of simmering tension in the wilderness and a source of all out conflict when they're adults. It would be a bit meh if the adult timeline was just like 'oh yeah, she did that but we're all already over it...'

Regardless of what the writers have chosen here, the whole thing requires a heavy dose of suspension of disbelief on both the technical side and the human side.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 03:36
Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 22:24
Ariananmdbm wrote:
DA The show hasn't yet confirmed what its canon is regarding the whole black box thing. We don't know, canonically speaking, if what Misty did to it genuinely doomed them. The real life scenario is that it didn't matter at all because black box technology doesn't work in the 'destroy it and nobody can locate us' sense that Misty's actions have been framed as until now. Is that artistic licence on the part of the writers who wanted Misty to doom them, or is it more that Misty didn't doom them but she thought she was doing so in the moment.

If it's the former, then I can't imagine anyone would want anything to do with her. I also can't imagine she wouldn't have faced legal consequences. So my guess here is that she hasn't ever confessed.

If it's the latter then reactions to that would be a little bit more complex, because she wouldn't have actually doomed them - so why not be fine with her - but at the same time it would have become patently clear just how unhinged she is - so why be around that kind of presence if you don't need to be. I would again guess she hasn't ever confessed.

In both cases, events and dynamics seen in the present day timeline suggest nobody knows what Misty did. I also think this is the most likely just because you get way more mileage out of the story if you drop the revealing of what Misty did when they're adults, because that way you get to make it a source of simmering tension in the wilderness and a source of all out conflict when they're adults. It would be a bit meh if the adult timeline was just like 'oh yeah, she did that but we're all already over it...'

Regardless of what the writers have chosen here, the whole thing requires a heavy dose of suspension of disbelief on both the technical side and the human side.
Da
Speaking of what its canon and what is not, it wasn't confirmed that it was Black Box that Misty destroyed.Black box is most known device, but there is also " Emergency Locator Transmitter " which then transmits a signal

https://www.aircraftsystemstech.com/201 ... t=cmp-true

It depends on whether the plane had such transmitter to begin with and whether it is the transmitter that Misty destroyed. If it was just a Black Box, then you are right anon and in the real life it wouldn't matter at all because as you said Black Box is just data recorder and not a locator. But if it was Emergency Locator Transmitter, then destroying it in real life situation probably would have negative consequences as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just rewatched season 2 and it finally got to me why I had such a disconect between young and older Nat, in spite of how much of a good job Sophie has done to keep the mannerisms and speaking patterns of Juliette.

When the girls and Travis all salute her in their own way, recognizing her as their new leader? I bought it. I can see why they would accept her and how she could lead. Beyond everything else, Nat is resourceful, capable, good in a crisis and filled wity empathy for them all. She loves her team and she is really smart.

Now, she may have lost that in the Wilderness or when she came back to civilization and got lost in the world of drugs. So, when we see her in season 1 being a complete mess that Taissa seems to keep helping? I chalked that up to her character arc. She had devolved as a character and she would eventually build herself back up, I thought.

But, comes season 2 and she is given several scenes to be assertive with Lisa, to spend time with the other women or to play a part in the ruse to stall Lottie. And we never, not even once, get a glimpse of the kind of character that could ever have been a leader to them at one point in their lives.

Juliette does a great job with the brokeness but the character never felt aligned with the core chacteristics of her younger self the way everyone else's did. It could have been a choice from the production team and not from Juliette but at the end it just leaves the job to Sophie to eventually get there if they ever show us the return to civilization in the 90's timeline.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 15:23
:lol: