NCIS: Hawai'i

Reactions:

Re: NCIS: Hawai'i

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 01:30
No surprise here since she likes matching things (black pants and boots).
For some odd reason I found it very sexy when she put that black glove on :P

Guestiguest
Reactions:

Post by Guestiguest »

At least they havnt written her off somewhere else again and she only at training. I bet she will habe some.ither training session in ep 18

Guestiguest
Reactions:

Post by Guestiguest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 20:41
Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 19:58
Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 14:16
Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 11:07
Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 11:01
It's weird Yas is not tagged as well. :-/ I am really starting to think there is a possibility she leaves after the current season.

Oh Lort. Yes, famously when a main on a series leaves, it's announced via not tagging them in IG stories.
x2
Yas will leave stable, well paid job and role she clearly loves to play for what exactly? It's not like she booked Marvel movies or smth

She is the only cast member who is not using her IG since like 2019 but if course, she should be tagged too.

Some people just love worrying about nothing.
people were called trolls, when they pointed out Yas is not seen in any bts during filming last year, then the same happened in January and at the end it was true. Plus with how much time she missed filming last year 5 or 6 eps and the absolute minimum time she had in The chosen, I really doubt she was off from ncis only because of that. And then again she is off to film other show for pilot she is co-producer. I am not saying it has to mean something, but it's also not completely out of nothing to have these thoughts of her leaving or at least being as recurring instead of the main cast next season.
Yeah, I am one of those people who was here on this board having those “fights” because people couldnt accept what was the obvious fact that she wasn’t feeling.
And we were called all kind of things.

But in Yas last interview, she said she took the time off for private time, which is understanble. The most pending question to me is the show she procuded.
Wondering if she will return is totally valid and people souldnt be called out for that. It’s not like it comes out of nothing.

There is also the chance she doesnt film all episodes but still remains. I would be ok with that option.
The thing is though that's not going to work every season. They can't continue to let her miss almost half a season every time and keep her as a main character, which means they can't keep her as part of the main team.

If they put her down to recurring bevause of it even if she stays main is not going to work having here there for a few eps then off then back an ep or 2 then off then back then off, bevause they need to find out a reason everytime she's not available especially if she remains part of the main cast and that means less Kacy on screen and you saw how some reacted those 4 mnths she was off they were starting to lose interest until she came back and that's not sustainable bevause that then means their main ship on the show is being relegated to background,⁹ and all they will be used for is to push Kacys story bevause anytime they had Yas , it would make more sense to show Kacy stuff and not really action stuff which wouldn't be fair on yas as she would effectively be demoted to being just the gf.

So there's all those things to factor in aswell. So if she's not going to be around again for almost as many eps each season.it would make sense to then split Kacy and have Lucy transferred to another team, and when she does appear she's helping the time for those episodes.

But again I'm not sure there is anything to worry about

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestiguest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 02:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 11:07

Oh Lort. Yes, famously when a main on a series leaves, it's announced via not tagging them in IG stories.
x2
Yas will leave stable, well paid job and role she clearly loves to play for what exactly? It's not like she booked Marvel movies or smth

She is the only cast member who is not using her IG since like 2019 but if course, she should be tagged too.

people were called trolls, when they pointed out Yas is not seen in any bts during filming last year, then the same happened in January and at the end it was true. Plus with how much time she missed filming last year 5 or 6 eps and the absolute minimum time she had in The chosen, I really doubt she was off from ncis only because of that. And then again she is off to film other show for pilot she is co-producer. I am not saying it has to mean something, but it's also not completely out of nothing to have these thoughts of her leaving or at least being as recurring instead of the main cast next season.
Yeah, I am one of those people who was here on this board having those “fights” because people couldnt accept what was the obvious fact that she wasn’t feeling.

But in Yas last interview, she said she took the time off for private time, which is understanble. The most pending question to me is the show she procuded.
Wondering if she will return is totally valid and people souldnt be called out for that. It’s not like it comes out of nothing.

There is also the chance she doesnt film all episodes but still remains. I would be ok with that option.
The thing is though that's not going to work every season. They can't continue to let her miss almost half a season every time and keep her as a main character, which means they can't keep her as part of the main team.

If they put her down to recurring bevause of it even if she stays main is not going to work having here there for a few eps then off then back an ep or 2 then off then back then off, bevause they need to find out a reason everytime she's not available especially if she remains part of the main cast and that means less Kacy on screen and you saw how some reacted those 4 mnths she was off they were starting to lose interest until she came back and that's not sustainable bevause that then means their main ship on the show is being relegated to background,⁹ and all they will be used for is to push Kacys story bevause anytime they had Yas , it would make more sense to show Kacy stuff and not really action stuff which wouldn't be fair on yas as she would effectively be demoted to being just the gf.

So there's all those things to factor in aswell. So if she's not going to be around again for almost as many eps each season.it would make sense to then split Kacy and have Lucy transferred to another team, and when she does appear she's helping the time for those episodes.

It sounded to me that she had to film The Chosen, so they wrote Lucy out with the Agent Afloat thing that also gave Yas some time off beyond her filming committments. I'd be curious to how much was her request and how much was just the way they wrote it. Because we know she was actually on the island during filming of some of the episodes she wasn't in. Kind of like Tori missing a couple even though she wasn't committed to anything else that we know of.

As for the distressed call that Yas mentioned in the TVLine interview, it could just be something funny, like Ernie blew up a computer or Kate got herself locked out or something. I actually don't think it's nearly as important as people have been assuming it is. Kind of like with the spicy comment.

But dear lord I hope they don't cliffhang anything, because the entire summer speculating about her status will be terrible. For me, I go back to the TVLine interview. She did not come across at all as someone who was planning on leaving her series and the popular pairing she's half of. There were absolutely no red flags in that whole article, at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 03:42
Guestiguest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2

It sounded to me that she had to film The Chosen, so they wrote Lucy out with the Agent Afloat thing that also gave Yas some time off beyond her filming committments. I'd be curious to how much was her request and how much was just the way they wrote it. Because we know she was actually on the island during filming of some of the episodes she wasn't in. Kind of like Tori missing a couple even though she wasn't committed to anything else that we know of.

As for the distressed call that Yas mentioned in the TVLine interview, it could just be something funny, like Ernie blew up a computer or Kate got herself locked out or something. I actually don't think it's nearly as important as people have been assuming it is. Kind of like with the spicy comment.

But dear lord I hope they don't cliffhang anything, because the entire summer speculating about her status will be terrible. For me, I go back to the TVLine interview. She did not come across at all as someone who was planning on leaving her series and the popular pairing she's half of. There were absolutely no red flags in that whole article, at all.
It does make me wonder that along with Vanessa, it seems like Tori and Yas might have some more “fame” because of their characters and the relationship they represent. Maybe they might consider “broadening their horizons” and look for other acting jobs and maybe eventually leave NCIS after say 5 or 6 seasons? Do we see the cast staying after 7 or 8 seasons. Then again Danielle on Station 19 has been there from the start it’s season 6 now…

Maybe it’s a victory itself for a wlw couple to be on air for hopefully that many seasons that we can even consider that possibility.

Guestiguest
Reactions:

Post by Guestiguest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 03:42
Guestiguest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2

I would never speculate how much of the time off was at Yas request bevause we don't know.

As for the distressed call I did at the start I'm.sure that's the episode Ernie is playing piano so watch thr call being from him.

She said the spicy comment was when she and Tori were filming and I made a joke watch it be 1 of them eating to much spicy food and Not coping with it.

That's also why I dont want the show to end in a cliffhanger that involves Kacy as part of the cliffhanger because people will unbearable over the summer because all people will say is they wonder if yas is leaving or downgrading and that's why they have had Kacy as part of the cliffhanger etc.

I also didn't take the Interview as someone who has decided to to leave

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kate was so cute in the episode.
She is a scene stealer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:heart: :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope Yas/Lucy stay. Kacy is the gift that keeps on giving to me, the true comfort ship that I watch with family, the couple I have been wanting since my teenager self watched CSI and wanted women to be in love. :lol: And I love Lucy a lot.

But one thing I realized this season is that even without Lucy/Kacy, as long as Kate is there, I will keep watching.
She has become such a wonderful character, one of the best, and my favorite lesbian character right now.
I enjoy everytime she is on screen.

Guestiguest
Reactions:

Post by Guestiguest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 10:47
Kate was so cute in the episode.
She is a scene stealer
Agreed. I loved her this ep not that I don't love her in any ep she's in.

Also surprisingly I thought Kai was good this episode but it's because they paired him up with the character they did and she brought him out his shell a bit more

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 12:10
:heart: :wub:

She is the cutest 😍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 12:30
I hope Yas/Lucy stay. Kacy is the gift that keeps on giving to me, the true comfort ship that I watch with family, the couple I have been wanting since my teenager self watched CSI and wanted women to be in love. :lol: And I love Lucy a lot.

But one thing I realized this season is that even without Lucy/Kacy, as long as Kate is there, I will keep watching.
She has become such a wonderful character, one of the best, and my favorite lesbian character right now.
x2
I absolutely loved how Kate's character progressed this season and she became my favorite lesbian character too.
She is hot, she is smart, she is cool in action, awesome girlfriend and great friend.

Kudos to Tori for doing such a great job and I really hope they will keep giving her good material in S3 too because she deserves it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I loved the look Tenstler gave to each other :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Kacy is my comfort ship too. Wholesome, happy, fun, supportive, easy etc. I need that while my other ship is in angst land. lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Her power in just how she walks

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 14:45
Her power in just how she walks

And her nonchalant look, little tongue lick and a glove
God knows how many time I rewatched this moment, she is so hot here :wub:

Guestiguest
Reactions:

Post by Guestiguest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 13:35
Guest wrote:

Kacy is my comfort ship too. Wholesome, happy, fun, supportive, easy etc. I need that while my other ship is in angst land. lol
Yeah they are mine too. Plus they don't need to.gice them all the drama and angst marina are getting on greys we don't need that type of angst that causes them to split or whatever. Angst that brings them closer together is the way I would go

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

To the person who said that Kate is a scene stealer, you are absolutely correct. She just draws you to her, no matter how much she’s in the scene.

Also to the person who said that Kai was good, I could not disagree more. Alex seems nice, but his acting (or the writing?) is just not on par with the rest of the actors. And it really shows when he’s in an episode that much. Thankfully the actress was able to hold her own and it was fun watching the NCIS get played every two seconds by her or it would have been a total borefest.

Guestiguest
Reactions:

Post by Guestiguest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:30
To the person who said that Kate is a scene stealer, you are absolutely correct. She just draws you to her, no matter how much she’s in the scene.

Also to the person who said that Kai was good, I could not disagree more. Alex seems nice, but his acting (or the writing?) is just not on par with the rest of the actors. And it really shows when he’s in an episode that much. Thankfully the actress was able to hold her own and it was fun watching the NCIS get played every two seconds by her or it would have been a total borefest.
I'm the one that said about Kai, normally I find him boring and his acting isn't as good as the rest of the cast but I think it's bevause he was a bit more open that I did enjoy his scenes. It's the only episode I can say that for him though. Usually he is the bore fest in an episode

Guestiguest
Reactions:

Post by Guestiguest »

I know when the season finishes in May we have a few months before it's back on tv, however they will get back to filming about a month after the season ends so we will start to get bts again at that point

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestiguest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 15:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah they are mine too. Plus they don't need to.gice them all the drama and angst marina are getting on greys we don't need that type of angst that causes them to split or whatever. Angst that brings them closer together is the way I would go
😂 I was totally talking about Marina too

Guestiguest
Reactions:

Post by Guestiguest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 18:44
Guestiguest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 15:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

😂 I was totally talking about Marina too
Lol I knew that's who you were referring too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:30

I agree.

Kate just seems to have a whole different complexity than the others and it shows in her different expressions and reactions. She emotes very well and all her mannerisms add so much to the characters.
She also has such different interactions and vibes with each person: Jane, Ernie, Jesse, Curtis

Every bit matters

The guest actress was very good and that saved the episode from being a snoozefest.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A while back someone shared here an opinion from Tumblr of someone’s theory that Kate was still scared of doing some things like even looking at a pretty woman.
Some of us disagreed and last episode kinda proved so, she had no issues calling that woman beautiful and smart :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:51
A while back someone shared here an opinion from Tumblr of someone’s theory that Kate was still scared of doing some things like even looking at a pretty woman.
Some of us disagreed and last episode kinda proved so, she had no issues calling that woman beautiful and smart :lol:
If Lucy had been there, she probably would have had the same reaction she had with Alina, 'beauty and brain, huh? =_= '
:lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:51
I think Kate has no problem admitting that she finds a woman beautiful or that she is fascinated by her (like with Alina in 122) but she would be shy to act on it. I feel that it's difficult for Kate to make first step because she is reserved with her feelings (being closed off for so long) and due to her occasional social awkwardness and personal insecurities.

She admitted herself that she was scared to start rl with Lucy because Lucy was the most amazing woman she met and Kate was probably afraid that she won't be able to hold Lucy's interest for long.

Kate can be "top" by taking care of things and "serving" her partners in practical ways but in regards to major things she usually gives initiative to her women. Lucy started their 1st conversation at a bar, them waited Kate at parking lot, and later she was the one who finally suggested to move in.

I feel it was the same dynamic with Cara. Cara took initiative and flew to Hawaii to rekindle their rl and all this time Kate couldn't even find courage to break up with her even though she knew she should do it (for many reasons).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

SA
And speaking of "beauty and brain". When Kate called Adriana "Elle Woods" and smiled at her feathered pen, it was kinda interesting and almost ironic coming from the person who has the most expensive and probably biggest wardrobe and obviously often "excited to match her belts to her boots" . Clearly Kate herself sees no similarities whatsoever 😀

Alas, it's a tiring cliché that if a woman dresses and behaves very girly, she must be dumb, superficial, and a big spender. Their goal was to rebut it in the episode by showing that Adriana is smart, decisive and deep but extra femininity is still often being ridiculed and considered a sign of weakness, if we are honest.

And back to Kate, I love that she is doing some field action now and she looked hot in this top/black pants outfit and a vest, but I'm very glad that they keep her more feminine "intel" looks too.
Lucy is tomboysh and Jane is not epitome of femininity either, so I'm glad the the show at least have Kate as example of alpha femme. It's important to show that a woman can dress and look feminine and still be smart, strong and confident.
As femme4femme, it's smth I really appreciate seeing on TV.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 01:22
SA
And speaking of "beauty and brain". When Kate called Adriana "Elle Woods" and smiled at her feathered pen, it was kinda interesting and almost ironic coming from the person who has the most expensive and probably biggest wardrobe and obviously often "excited to match her belts to her boots" . Clearly Kate herself sees no similarities whatsoever 😀

Alas, it's a tiring cliché that if a woman dresses and behaves very girly, she must be dumb, superficial, and a big spender. Their goal was to rebut it in the episode by showing that Adriana is smart, decisive and deep but extra femininity is still often being ridiculed and considered a sign of weakness, if we are honest.

And back to Kate, I love that she is doing some field action now and she looked hot in this top/black pants outfit and a vest, but I'm very glad that they keep her more feminine "intel" looks too.
Lucy is tomboysh and Jane is not epitome of femininity either, so I'm glad the the show at least have Kate as example of alpha femme. It's important to show that a woman can dress and look feminine and still be smart, strong and confident.
I feel like blonde former sorority girl Kate probably got called Elle Woods a time or two in law school. Probably right before everyone realized she was a total gunner and became very afraid of her ability to ruin curves. :nervous:

I'm headcanoning she went to Georgetown law until told otherwise, but straight As at Northwestern absolutely could've gotten her in to Harvard lol.

Geronimo73
Reactions: 5

Post by Geronimo73 »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 01:26
Guest wrote:
SA

I feel like blonde former sorority girl Kate probably got called Elle Woods a time or two in law school. Probably right before everyone realized she was a total gunner and became very afraid of her ability to ruin curves. :nervous:

I'm headcanoning she went to Georgetown law until told otherwise, but straight As at Northwestern absolutely could've gotten her in to Harvard lol.
And I feel like Kate would agree with you on that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She really is into the rom-coms

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:34
Tori? She resides in Canada, Hallmarks shoots a lot of its movies there, so it's convenient for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 12:23
Guest wrote:
Tori? She resides in Canada, Hallmarks shoots a lot of its movies there, so it's convenient for her.
Lol no, Kate

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Geronimo73 wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 09:32
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 01:26
Guest wrote:
SA

And I feel like Kate would agree with you on that.

DA
With straight As at Northwestern she could easily go to Harward Law but I feel it would be too unoriginal and too snobish even for "early days" her. And no offense to another anon but Georgetown law wouldn't be good enough.
I'm really manifesting that she is Columbia Law School grad and then she would be my alma mater sister (i'm Columbia grad) :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 12:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lol no, Kate
oh, you meant Kate, lol.
I think everyone knows Legally Blonde, so I don't know if it speaks a lot. I think Kate is more into reading nerd stuff like history books and FBI manuals.
But maybe ron-coms are indeed a secret passion of hers, who knows :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 13:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lol no, Kate
oh, you meant Kate, lol.
I think everyone knows Legally Blonde, so I don't know if it speaks a lot. I think Kate is more into reading nerd stuff like history books and FBI manuals.
Maybe it’s a country thing, but i dont know anyone in their thirsties who’d know the name of the legally blonde character.

After Say Anything and the GG, her love for rom comes might be confirmed :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kate must have really hated DC or she really wanted to find Lucy in Hawai’i? Cause with all her competence, she would go far in DC. On paper, it seems where she would belong. The opportunities in Hawai’i won’t be the same for her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lol no, Kate
oh, you meant Kate, lol.
Adding
The simple reason why it was Kate calling Adriana "Elle Woods" is because no other character could do it. It would sound kinda condescending coming from any guy or Jane, so it could come only from another "Elle Woods" (Kate) in order not to sound belittling or offensive.

Like you know only lesbians can call each other "d.kes" or african americans are allowed to call each other n word and not sound offensive. Kinda, sorta same thing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
SA

I have to intervene because Lucy is tomboysh and Jane is not feminine? What? It's not the first time I read this and let me tell you, some of you seriously need to google the word tomboy. Lucy ain't no tomboy at all. Girl dresses mostly in jeans and a shirt, many times feminine ones, which btw is what 90% of girls wear in real life, because she is an NCIS agent! Guuurl, you want her to go on the field catching bad guys wearing a skirt and stilettos? Lol. She's dressed appropriately for her job. Same as Jane. But we have seen both wear dresses, last time at Lucy comeback party. Even Lucy pjs are girly or "classic" if you prefer. Just because a woman doesn't wear a gown with a tiara 24/7 doesn't make her anything close to a tomboy.

All 3 women on the show, Lucy, Kate and Jane are smart, strong, confident and femme.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 13:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lol no, Kate
oh, you meant Kate, lol.
Adding
The simple reason why it was Kate calling Adriana "Elle Woods" is because no other character could do it. It would sound kinda condescending coming from any guy or Jane, so it could come only from another "Elle Woods" (Kate) in order not to sound belittling or offensive.

Like you know only lesbians can call each other "d.kes" or african americans are allowed to call each other n word and not sound offensive. Kinda, sorta same thing
Beauty and brains and law knowledge

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 13:46
Guest wrote:
SA

I have to intervene because Lucy is tomboysh and Jane is not feminine? What? It's not the first time I read this and let me tell you, some of you seriously need to google the word tomboy. Lucy ain't no tomboy at all. Girl dresses mostly in jeans and a shirt, many times feminine ones, which btw is what 90% of girls wear in real life, because she is an NCIS agent! Guuurl, you want her to go on the field catching bad guys wearing a skirt and stilettos? Lol. She's dressed appropriately for her job. Same as Jane. But we have seen both wear dresses, last time at Lucy comeback party. Even Lucy pjs are girly or "classic" if you prefer. Just because a woman doesn't wear a gown with a tiara 24/7 doesn't make her anything close to a tomboy.

All 3 women on the show, Lucy, Kate and Jane are smart, strong, confident and femme.
I think it’s more that Yas (and Tori even) is tomboyish.

Lucy doesnt dress like Kate, so there is an obvious difference in their style but I don’t know how it would be described.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
SA

This shows well their difference

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 13:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
SA

This shows well their difference
Sorry, I forgot the link

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 13:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
SA

Lucy doesnt dress like Kate, so there is an obvious difference in their style but I don’t know how it would be described.
No, Yas is not tomboysh either. Wearing a hat backwards isn't enough. I've seen plenty of pictures where she's total femme. At every cast gathering she's in a dress.

Of course Lucy and Kate dress differently, Kate is FBI, and they always wear suits or should I say more fancy clothes, and it's the wardrobe department job to match the clothing with their personality. Lucy in bright or pastel colors and Kate with a more serious look. But again, they are agents, go watch any cop show, all the women are dressed pretty much the same style, it's only logical. Outside of work, they are in casual clothes but none scream unfeminine.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 13:34
Kate must have really hated DC or she really wanted to find Lucy in Hawai’i? Cause with all her competence, she would go far in DC. On paper, it seems where she would belong. The opportunities in Hawai’i won’t be the same for her
Yea, I see your point. Kate is smart, ambitious and has persistence of a tank, so moving to Hawaii did look like a derail of sort. Maybe, something wasn't working in DC and she thought it'd be a good temporary thing.

On the other hand, Kate was offended when being "defined by ambition", so clearly career is not the only thing on her mind all the time. It could be personal reasons too. Maybe, she wanted to move away from relationship which wasn't working or maybe actually hoped to meet Lucy again in Hawaii. And Kate does love to surf. So, maybe a combination of reasons.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 14:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
SA

No, Yas is not tomboysh either. Wearing a hat backwards isn't enough. I've seen plenty of pictures where she's total femme. At every cast gathering she's in a dress.

Of course Lucy and Kate dress differently, Kate is FBI, and they always wear suits or should I say more fancy clothes, and it's the wardrobe department job to match the clothing with their personality. Lucy in bright or pastel colors and Kate with a more serious look. But again, they are agents, go watch any cop show, all the women are dressed pretty much the same style, it's only logical. Outside of work, they are in casual clothes but none scream unfeminine.
DA
I didn't say that Lucy or Jane are unfeminine. I was talking about dressing styles and in general Kate does dress in more feminine way than other 2. There are clear differences and I can't even imagine Lucy or Jane in suits with skirts and high heels (FBI, NCIS or whatever).

And it's not an FBI thing eather because during FBI meeting other women were dressed more in Jane style - one was in pantsuit, others in pants and tops. Kate was still dressed in the most feminine way there, and the only one in skirt.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
SA

The way actresses wear to events does not define them because there are expectations for those.
Her off work style is tomboyish, the hat is part of it but not only.
Even her clothes for pailyfest were tomboysh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 14:46
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
SA

DA
I didn't say that Lucy or Jane are unfeminine. I was talking about dressing styles and in general Kate does dress in more feminine way than other 2. There are clear differences and I can't even imagine Lucy or Jane in suits with skirts and high heels (FBI, NCIS or whatever).

And it's not an FBI thing eather because during FBI meeting other women were dressed more in Jane style - one was in pantsuit, others in pants and tops. Kate was still dressed in the most feminine way there, and the only one in skirt.
SA
Of course, being femme is not defined by dress style but it's a part of it and if we are talking about classic alpha femme representation, out of 3 ladies - it would be Kate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 14:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
SA

The way actresses wear to events does not define them because there are expectations for those.
You know what? Let's just label Yas/Lucy butch at this point since throwing wrong labels seems in now :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

You know what? Let's just label Yas/Lucy butch at this point since throwing wrong labels seems in now :eyeroll:
DA
No one called Lucy or Yas butch, people didn't even call her a "tomboy", simply "tomboyish" and they do have a point. Maybe, it's you who need to check definitions?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:28
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
No one called Lucy or Yas butch, people didn't even call her a "tomboy", simply "tomboyish" and they do have a point. Maybe, it's you who need to check definitions?
Strictly by definition, "tomboyish" is a girl or woman who dresses more with a masculine style, include wearing androgynous or unfeminine clothing. Totally Lucy.