Guest wrote:
18 May 2022, 21:48
Guest wrote:
18 May 2022, 21:31
Guest wrote:
18 May 2022, 21:17

DA I think a lot of things can be true:
1. She was definitely condescending.
2. A portion of the fandom can be toxic and certain folks certainly reacted that way.
3. She also overreacted.
I mean I can understand people who don’t watch the show may think kacy is a character name. But I don’t care about those people. Everyone in the know what kacy means. And it’s super easy to type without spellcheck changing it up.

I guess if her only complaint was the ship name, not a huge complaint… but why did she need to throw any shade at all? As a writer knowing how much crap we usually get, don’t dis the show at all in your first tweet. And now saying she won’t hype the show at all bc a few 15 year olds cyber bullied her… isn’t her job to hype lgbt shows?
I don't understand why people are mad
She said she liked a couple and the story. The only thing shd didn't like was a name. I wouldn't call it shade. It is s small detail. It is also unhealthy when only things you can write are nice things - then your opinion doesn't matter because mostly it will be untrue. I trust more people who can see good and bad - they are more credible than sb who says everything is perfect in 100%. Twitter overreacts all the time it is ridiculous. Later people can't take anything in the real life and life is not 100% complements and nice things. I don't defend her behaviour later - she has a right not to write about them but doing this just brcause some people was rude... She is also overeating as much as they are.
I agree both are over reacting. I think the issue isn’t that she criticized the show… she criticized the one thing the fans came up with lol. And it’s not that people can’t criticize shows… it’s that she criticized the dumb fan element haha
DA She wasn't coming at it from like, some superior place but as a fan, like, hey, can't we do better. Not a long-time fan of this ship, sure, but she's had her share, to her this was good-natured joking about it, not actually criticizing whichever fan came up with it.
I agree. I honestly don’t care about ship name. When I saw the tweet I read and moved on. Who are these people that have time to tweet all day? But without knowing anything about the writer… and not knowing tone, it did come off a bit “I arrived late to a party and didn’t contribute to anything, offering my unasked for opinion on something that’s too late to change, then tell everyone at the party that they are being mean (when only a fraction actually were mean), and then announce she doesn’t support the party. All arguing is immature and attention seeking it seems from Twitter. Kate is my fav but the clown army criticizing the angst as the writers being assholes is the most immature.

Reactions:

Re: NCIS: Hawai'i

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 00:07
Guest wrote:
18 May 2022, 22:51
Guest wrote:
18 May 2022, 22:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I mean I can understand people who don’t watch the show may think kacy is a character name. But I don’t care about those people. Everyone in the know what kacy means. And it’s super easy to type without spellcheck changing it up.

I guess if her only complaint was the ship name, not a huge complaint… but why did she need to throw any shade at all? As a writer knowing how much crap we usually get, don’t dis the show at all in your first tweet. And now saying she won’t hype the show at all bc a few 15 year olds cyber bullied her… isn’t her job to hype lgbt shows?
She said she liked a couple and the story. The only thing shd didn't like was a name. I wouldn't call it shade. It is s small detail. It is also unhealthy when only things you can write are nice things - then your opinion doesn't matter because mostly it will be untrue. I trust more people who can see good and bad - they are more credible than sb who says everything is perfect in 100%. Twitter overreacts all the time it is ridiculous. Later people can't take anything in the real life and life is not 100% complements and nice things. I don't defend her behaviour later - she has a right not to write about them but doing this just brcause some people was rude... She is also overeating as much as they are.
I agree both are over reacting. I think the issue isn’t that she criticized the show… she criticized the one thing the fans came up with lol. And it’s not that people can’t criticize shows… it’s that she criticized the dumb fan element haha
DA She wasn't coming at it from like, some superior place but as a fan, like, hey, can't we do better. Not a long-time fan of this ship, sure, but she's had her share, to her this was good-natured joking about it, not actually criticizing whichever fan came up with it.
I agree. I honestly don’t care about ship name. When I saw the tweet I read and moved on. Who are these people that have time to tweet all day? But without knowing anything about the writer… and not knowing tone, it did come off a bit “I arrived late to a party and didn’t contribute to anything, offering my unasked for opinion on something that’s too late to change, then tell everyone at the party that they are being mean (when only a fraction actually were mean), and then announce she doesn’t support the party. All arguing is immature and attention seeking it seems from Twitter. Kate is my fav but the clown army criticizing the angst as the writers being assholes is the most immature.
Well, I can agree with that, although I haven't seen that she won't write about it? Just that she won't tweet about it anymore given that what she considered a joking tweet got her angry people in her mentions even two days later. And for the people who say that it wasn't that many fans, well, but you're all being angry about one person

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The clown army is going to ruin this fandom, and quick. It's already happening. Kate is my fave as well, but there's a difference between having a fave and full on stanning. The stanning is when it gets toxic and creepy. And I agree with the anon, who in the world has time to just sit there and write Twitter dissertations on a fictional character? And then get mad about tiny little things and have the audacity to demand stuff? People are completely ridiculous. The obsessive nature in that particular part of the fandom honestly creeps the fuck out of me. 'Screaming. Shaking. Crying.' reactions to a picture? Maybe I'm just being judgey, I just don't have the patience to understand grown women who act like this. And I really don't want it to impact how the ship and the character is treated. Vocal minorities can ruin good things very easily.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 00:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The clown army is going to ruin this fandom, and quick. It's already happening. Kate is my fave as well, but there's a difference between having a fave and full on stanning. The stanning is when it gets toxic and creepy. And I agree with the anon, who in the world has time to just sit there and write Twitter dissertations on a fictional character? And then get mad about tiny little things and have the audacity to demand stuff? People are completely ridiculous. The obsessive nature in that particular part of the fandom honestly creeps the fuck out of me. 'Screaming. Shaking. Crying.' reactions to a picture? Maybe I'm just being judgey, I just don't have the patience to understand grown women who act like this. And I really don't want it to impact how the ship and the character is treated. Vocal minorities can ruin good things very easily.
DA Just wanted to say that's actually just hyperbolic online lingo for liking something, it doesn't actually mean anyone's doing that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 00:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Just wanted to say that's actually just hyperbolic online lingo for liking something, it doesn't actually mean anyone's doing that
Oh I know. But it makes one sound like a unhinged stan. Or 12 years old.

Honestly I think I'm just done with the Twitter vibe in general. I can't go on anymore with cringing at something and that's on me to just stop looking at it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 00:46
Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 00:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Oh I know. But it makes one sound like a unhinged stan. Or 12 years old.

Honestly I think I'm just done with the Twitter vibe in general. I can't go on anymore with cringing at something and that's on me to just stop looking at it.
I tend to think of it as me being a mid 30s fan not understanding the current social media culture. I will never get it. Also makes me feel like these Twitter people don’t have full time jobs. Bc I only have the energy to post here once and awhile after working a full day. Can’t imagine working and putting so much energy into a tv show I love. Way too much energy I don’t have

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jason really is the captain. It's kind of hilarious.

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18p »

Here you go Jason delivers again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

wow, they're giving the gays everything :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18p wrote:
19 May 2022, 03:26

first shipper / the serie is such a good surprise :lol: :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love how the cast are embracing the shippers instead of feeling threatened. I hope both fans and cast continued to be civil towards eachother.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Jason really is the captain. It's kind of hilarious.

:nervous: :nervous:

I love this!! Nice nice nice tease.

What if they dance?! I may not be one into the singing but I am very much into the dancing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gosh I didn't think I'd get hyperfixated on this ship so fast. I was just chill about this until like episode 20 when I decided I couldn't wait around anymore and watched a the available episodes. It's a fun show. I loved the original NCIS but I kinda drifted away from procedurals for a while. If it wasn't for the gays, I wouldn't spare this a second glance. But I love this cast. I love Jane and her captain. I love Lucy and Kate. I love every character's dynamic with each other. And I can't wait for the finale and find out about kacy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 07:49
Gosh I didn't think I'd get hyperfixated on this ship so fast. I was just chill about this until like episode 20 when I decided I couldn't wait around anymore and watched a the available episodes. It's a fun show. I loved the original NCIS but I kinda drifted away from procedurals for a while. If it wasn't for the gays, I wouldn't spare this a second glance. But I love this cast. I love Jane and her captain. I love Lucy and Kate. I love every character's dynamic with each other. And I can't wait for the finale and find out about kacy.
Same.
During CSI times, i remember wanting wlw couples on these shows but it was an impossible thing.
Eventually i drifted away from procedurals too, i caved in seeing some stuff about Kacy on twitter and got fixated into it quick.
Even though i knew they would be a couple, i was so surprised by THE scene in episode 1, it got me pumped from there and then I just loved the whole cast and characters.

I am excited about the finale, seeing everyone together in the end. It’s the cliché that feels so good and heartwarming.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That picture just got me imagining them kissing while dancing :bigcry:
Send help

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 12:00
Send help
Maybe this pic was taken while they were rehearsing and we'll get something similar :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 12:31
Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 12:00
Send help
Maybe this pic was taken while they were rehearsing and we'll get something similar :nervous:
Right? I guess Tori and Yas could just been having fun but there is also the possibility that it is related to the actual scene.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Are we getting a sneak peek today?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There is the possibility that we will see some dancing or maybe cuddling after the grand gesture. In one of the photos, Kai has a ukelele so I think it’s safe to say there will probably be singing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 13:41
normally yes, but sometimes even on fridays or saturdays

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2022, 20:38
Guest wrote:
18 May 2022, 19:33

I love this shot, Kate starts walking in, Lucy hears the shoes on the floor and her body reacts right away.
When they hook up again she will come in 2 minutes :nails:
He,he,he Poor Lucy..Life is hard, girl.. :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 13:41
We should.

I am always in that limbo of wanting and not wanting Kate and Lucy things

Xena
Reactions: 9

Post by Xena »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 14:06
Guest wrote:
18 May 2022, 20:38
Guest wrote:
18 May 2022, 19:33

I love this shot, Kate starts walking in, Lucy hears the shoes on the floor and her body reacts right away.
When they hook up again she will come in 2 minutes :nails:
He,he,he Poor Lucy..Life is hard, girl.. :whistle:
🤭 you make me laugh. Thank you

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Omg they sneaked the grade gesture lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 17:24
Omg they sneaked the grande gesture lol
https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/c ... cis-hawaii

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

LOL, I can't. This is exactly the kind of cheesy grand gesture I can't watch on rom com because I'm too embarassed to watch but I'm in for the gay guys, good and bad. :lol:

She better kiss her or she'll never sing again in front of anyone.

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

So you can watch Kate willingly humiliate herself to get back Lucy’s love.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Omg!
So thw grand gesture is actually not the reconciliation moment and they have more to come!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 17:33
LOL, I can't. This is exactly the kind of cheesy grand gesture I can't watch on rom com because I'm too embarassed to watch but I'm in for the gay guys, good and bad. :lol:

She better kiss her or she'll never sing again in front of anyone.
That's not a bad thing :nervous:

Sorry, I can't handle this kinda secondhand embarrassment

RXD
Reactions: 66

Post by RXD »

I heard 1 second of the singing and I had to stop

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

my god, the second hand embarrassment :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

19 May 2022, 17:36

But why humiliate? I am not a fan of this kind of things but why humiliate? Strong word

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RXD wrote:
19 May 2022, 17:39
Me too :lol: I cringe whenever I see grand gestures in romcoms too. I just can't handle the cheese lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RXD wrote:
19 May 2022, 17:39
Guuuurlllll MEEEEE! I'm cracking tho. I can't watch :rofl: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I muted it as soon as I heard the singing BUT I rewatched it just to get over the secondhand embarrassment and let me tell you it’s not as cringe as some people make it out to be and I think it has to do with Kate’s singing and knowing that Lucy actually walked away after lmao. People on twitter can be too serious specially when trying to defend Whistler and how OOC she’s been. I see this as actual growth. She’s no longer afraid to put herself out there. Just enjoy the cheesiness of it all. It’s not that deep.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know what to think about this, I think it's extremely out of character for Kate, and I don't like it[the fact that I hate this song doesn't help], but on the other hand I think it's really cute and symbolic, that she stepped out of her comfort zone to do this in front of everyone. I'm totally conflicted.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 18:09
I muted it as soon as I heard the singing BUT I rewatched it just to get over the secondhand embarrassment and let me tell you it’s not as cringe as some people make it out to be and I think it has to do with Kate’s singing and knowing that Lucy actually walked away after lmao. People on twitter can be too serious specially when trying to defend Whistler and how OOC she’s been. I see this as actual growth. She’s no longer afraid to put herself out there. Just enjoy the cheesiness of it all. It’s not that deep.
I agree people on Twitter even say it is so horrible it is a good thing that Lucy (probably) walked away...
It is a rom com thing I don't like but people crying over this is insane. 5 min later all of them will be singing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Someone just reminded me on tt, Lucy hates Karaoke. Which makes it even funnier and I can't stop laughing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:rofl: WTF???

So you ladies think Luce is walking away?
At first I thought she was (vivdly) walking towards Kate to either punch her in the face* or put her hand on her mouth to make her stop! :lol:

* I don't condone violence.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Damn, people are so dramatic. So what if it’s cheesy. We never get this type of storyline and follow through with relationships. It’s clearly to show that Kate is doing what she was afraid of doing all season which was to put herself out there and to publicly show how she cares for Lucy.
Everyone needs to take a breath and enjoy the fact that after this Lucy most likely goes to her and they reconcile.
Just my two cents. :nails:

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 17:42

But why humiliate? I am not a fan of this kind of things but why humiliate? Strong word
Because Lucy walked away at the end. I’d feel humiliated by that. I just put my heart on my sleeve, went way beyond my comfort zone, and the girl I love and sang to, walked away. And apparently I misinterpreted what Ernie was telling me to do for a grand gesture. In front of our colleagues and friends. Gotta admit, I am feeling bad for Whistler, but love her even more now. In my book, she’s a keeper.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

19 May 2022, 18:45
Guest wrote:

Because Lucy walked away at the end. I’d feel humiliated by that. I just put my heart on my sleeve, went way beyond my comfort zone, and the girl I love and sang to, walked away. And apparently I misinterpreted what Ernie was telling me to do for a grand gesture. In front of our colleagues and friends. Gotta admit, I am feeling bad for Whistler, but love her even more now. In my book, she’s a keeper.
You don't even know if she walked away. And as cute as it is, singing in front of everyone doesn't erase the past. This is supposed to be just the first move, the first step to the follow up and getting things right. If irl you do a move like that without considering that it could be rejected and taking the risk anyways you definitely are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 18:55
19 May 2022, 18:45
Guest wrote:

You don't even know if she walked away. And as cute as it is, singing in front of everyone doesn't erase the past. This is supposed to be just the first move, the first step to the follow up and getting things right. If irl you do a move like that without considering that it could be rejected and taking the risk anyways you definitely are doing it for the wrong reasons.
I think Lucy is turning to walk away at the end of this clip but then Kate will follow her and they will talk. I do think they will reconcile and that is what Jane and Julie are looking at in the one photo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I haven't watched the video, but I got the gist of it from the reactions. Do I wish they had done something different? Yes. But you know what? I don't care. I'll endure any second hand embarassment as long as they're together and happy by the end. I just want those two crazy kids to make it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm not great with grand gestures like that, but I wont actually judge it until I see it in the context of the entire episode. What happens before and afterwards will make a huge difference to the scene.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why do they have to make these grown ass woman looke and act like some teenagers. Instead of some weird grand gesture they should've let them have one real conversation.
And yes, I don't like what they are doing with Kate's character. I know they are trying to show some kind of growth but it just makes her look stupid imo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 19:08
Why do they have to make these grown ass woman looke and act like some teenagers. Instead of some weird grand gesture they should've let them have one real conversation.
And yes, I don't like what they are doing with Kate's character. I know they are trying to show some kind of growth but it just makes her look stupid imo.
Why it make her look stupid? And why it is just for teenagers? I have seen many similar scenes in movies where grown ass people do it and everyone is excited or at least don't have strong feeling. It is just singing. It is out of character but I guess they wanted to make it like that because in ep 7 she said it is hard for her to act like "human" (what lucy said).
I think Lucy may walk away because she doesn't know how to deal with this because she is surprised not embarrassed. I am 100% sure they will have a conversation afterwards.

GuestZQS2YQ
Reactions:

Post by GuestZQS2YQ »

How can they spoil the most awaited scene? I haven't seen it, I'm scared.. :'(
Uff,noo! What I didn't want to happen has happened! No silly,embarrasment scene. :tmi:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 19:07
I'm not great with grand gestures like that, but I wont actually judge it until I see it in the context of the entire episode. What happens before and afterwards will make a huge difference to the scene.
Yeah, I will wait for the context too. For all we know, Lucy, who is into Rock n Bowl and mini-golf, likes that kind of cheesy stuff. Whistler is a dork, but she's Lucy's dork. :nervous:

Ernie's reaction :lol: 'Oh god, I wasn't being literal :blinkwide: '

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I dont think it is cringe but I wouldnt want to be in Lucy's shoes, I wouldnt know what to do after that. I dont like when I am at the spotlight but maybe it is just me.