NCIS: Hawai'i

2nights3days
Reactions:

Re: NCIS: Hawai'i

Post by 2nights3days »

I love the way lucy stares at kate. She really portraits how she has been in love for so long for this woman.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 20:26
If things don’t change, i think we can expect some BTS, maybe it will give us some hints.

I am kinda curious to see if we will get info on them filming interior/home scenes :$
Maybe we'll get some casting news soon like for Kacy's families or exes :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 20:39
Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 20:26
If things don’t change, i think we can expect some BTS, maybe it will give us some hints.

I am kinda curious to see if we will get info on them filming interior/home scenes :$
Maybe we'll get some casting news soon like for Kacy's families or exes :lol:
:lol:
I dont think they will introduce exes again, but family members is a good choice.

And I just remembered, last season started and ended with group scenes. I can see them having some kind of group scene in the first episode, and Kate included this time :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

kate loml

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 21:28
kate loml

2nights3days
Reactions:

Post by 2nights3days »

:lol: :lol:
She is so literal about things and then awkward and goofy.
I can only imagine the fun moments they gonna have as a couple and Lucy internally laughing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2nights3days wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 22:56
I can only imagine the fun moments they gonna have as a couple and Lucy internally laughing
Lucy gonna tease her so badly. Poor Kate. I also hope we'll get some good scenes with the team, where they do tease Lucy and Kate will be all smiley about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 23:40
2nights3days wrote:
Lucy gonna tease her so badly. Poor Kate. I also hope we'll get some good scenes with the team, where they do tease Lucy and Kate will be all smiley about it.
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed the angsty made for each other kind of stuff this season, but I'm really excited to see what they're like just existing with one another. Their banter is fun, it should be just as fun now that there's not angst but affection behind it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 01:32
Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 23:40
2nights3days wrote:
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed the angsty made for each other kind of stuff this season, but I'm really excited to see what they're like just existing with one another. Their banter is fun, it should be just as fun now that there's not angst but affection behind it.
Me too. It’s part of them so I expect we will see it often. Literally in their 1st second after reconciling they were being fun and cute.
Instead of angsty fun bickering it will be loving fun bickering.

I also expect to see their teasing mode like when they were together in season 1, there were a few sexual inuendos.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tori’s smile is everything

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 23:17

I miss her :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 23:41
Guest wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 23:17

I miss her :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She seems really fun to hang out.
Wish they would release bloopers.
But with filming starting and with a bigger fandom this season around, we might get more and more behind the scenes :D

And more goofy Whistler

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She watched the Jays get massacred last night and still managed to have a good time. :lol:
I hope Jason feeds us twice as hard in season 2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 12:31
She watched the Jays get massacred last night and still managed to have a good time. :lol:
As a Yankee fan I send her my best regards, haha. But she’s the cutest. It’s possibly her last week of freedom before she returns to Hawaii in a week.

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18p »

Guest wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 13:15
Guest wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 12:31
As a Yankee fan I send her my best regards, haha. But she’s the cutest. It’s possibly her last week of freedom before she returns to Hawaii in a week.
She's from Canada, so it makes sense she'd pull for Toronto, even if she's from Edmonton, which is in Western Canada in Alberta.

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 08:49
She seems really fun to hang out.
Wish they would release bloopers.
But with filming starting and with a bigger fandom this season around, we might get more and more behind the scenes :D

And more goofy Whistler
I was on YouTube a bit ago and typed in Tori Anderson. An interview from 3+ years ago with Hallmark Channel people popped up. Although she was born in Edmonton, apparently her sister and her were raised on a farm in BC. After the discussion about the movie and a clip from it, they went on to discuss her family. The last 3 minutes reveals her childhood.

juless
Reactions:

Post by juless »

Hi, new here I watch the show but came late to l chat. Love them and still can´t belive NCIS gave us this lovely story
Some of you talk about her brother and we will probably end up knowing more about him. I can imagine they bring a former member of his unit to a case (like person on interest or victim) this is NCIS.
Kate seem to have a lot of friend in differente agencies so maybe one of the could be from her college year It could be fun to learn how she was back them (don´t know like some Senator coming to hawaii and a member of the team could be and old kate friend). I see endless posibilitis to know more about her

and love to know some of lucys sibbling coming to town on vacations or her parents visiting her

hope s 2 end up being as great as s1

2night3days
Reactions:

Post by 2night3days »

juless wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 22:44
Hi, new here I watch the show but came late to l chat. Love them and still can´t belive NCIS gave us this lovely story
Some of you talk about her brother and we will probably end up knowing more about him. I can imagine they bring a former member of his unit to a case (like person on interest or victim) this is NCIS.
Kate seem to have a lot of friend in differente agencies so maybe one of the could be from her college year It could be fun to learn how she was back them (don´t know like some Senator coming to hawaii and a member of the team could be and old kate friend). I see endless posibilitis to know more about her

and love to know some of lucys sibbling coming to town on vacations or her parents visiting her

Hi. Yeah, we really want more of their backgrounds.
I think for Kate it could be something like you say, friends/colleagues from a past. And with Lucy, maybe introducing a sibling or her parents.
I could actually ser Lucy’s family being involved in some case, for example. Given all that money and power they may have. Could be a way to create angst and drama for lucy while also having the crime part

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2night3days wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 16:21
juless wrote:

I think for Kate it could be something like you say, friends/colleagues from a past. And with Lucy, maybe introducing a sibling or her parents.
I could actually ser Lucy’s family being involved in some case, for example. Given all that money and power they may have. Could be a way to create angst and drama for lucy while also having the crime part
DA. I would like to see Lucy's family too.
It could be interesting to see one of Whistler's friends. Instead of calling them, they could already be in Hawaii.
I would like to see Whistler in a FBI vest. And maybe Lucy could wear something of Kate by mistake to go to work and be teased about it. :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 17:22
2night3days wrote:
juless wrote:

It could be interesting to see one of Whistler's friends. Instead of calling them, they could already be in Hawaii.
I would like to see Whistler in a FBI vest. And maybe Lucy could wear something of Kate by mistake to go to work and be teased about it. :P
Even if not for work, i would love to see Lucy wearing something from Kate. Both of them casual at home :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really want an episode with Kate's family. I would love to know how close is her family, how she grew up, what happened after her brother died.

Also, as a fun tidbit, I would like that they mention how both of them started to date women or realize they were into women, just a funny conversation in passing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 19:58
I really want an episode with Kate's family. I would love to know how close is her family, how she grew up, what happened after her brother died.

Also, as a fun tidbit, I would like that they mention how both of them started to date women or realize they were into women, just a funny conversation in passing.
QMTA

Really curious to ask about your headcanon while on break.

How do you think both girls realized they were into women and when they started to date, and when they started to be open about it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 19:09
:$
I love the way they smile into the kiss when they go in for the second. Or the way this kiss feels like a first kiss in the sense that is not lust driven :wub: as if they were finally admiting there were feelings in the equation

juless
Reactions:

Post by juless »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 17:45
Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 17:22
2night3days wrote:
juless wrote:

Even if not for work, i would love to see Lucy wearing something from Kate. Both of them casual at home :$
We really need lucy´s in kate clothes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 20:26
Guest wrote:

QMTA

How do you think both girls realized they were into women and when they started to date, and when they started to be open about it?
The way they have presented both Lucy and Kate is that they are very much comfortable in being lesbians, even at work, and how the people around them have that all figured out too. They are out and open.

This gives me the sense that neither women ever struggled much with it, at least with themselves.
I see it being similar for both of them, they figured they were both into women at an early age.

What i imagine is that they may have had issues with family.
Lucy most likely did, cause of her comment of her parents controlling who she was and what she did. Gives vibes of parents not being ok with her being a lesbian.

In Kate’s case, the issues may have been more to do with those emotional walls she has. We dont know if that has something to do with her family, most of us seem to think it is. And if she never felt comfortable expressing feelings and emotions around her parents, maybe it wasnt also that easy to be out to them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 21:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

QMTA

The way they have presented both Lucy and Kate is that they are very much comfortable in being lesbians, even at work, and how the people around them have that all figured out too. They are out and open.

This gives me the sense that neither women ever struggled much with it, at least with themselves.
I see it being similar for both of them, they figured they were both into women at an early age.

Lucy most likely did, cause of her comment of her parents controlling who she was and what she did. Gives vibes of parents not being ok with her being a lesbian.

In Kate’s case, the issues may have been more to do with those emotional walls she has. We dont know if that has something to do with her family, most of us seem to think it is. And if she never felt comfortable expressing feelings and emotions around her parents, maybe it wasnt also that easy to be out to them.
DA. IA that they probably figured it out rather soon. It's not easy to speculate because we don't have a lot of background.
IA about Lucy's family. I feel like maybe Lucy realised she was into women in college. Dating wasn't something on her mind in highschool, her parents probably got her doing multiple activities, she didn't think about that at all. In college, she said she didn't get out much, maybe she didn't date much either or she did but it had to stay secret because of her controlling parents. Then when she was done with school and could get away from her family, she started doing freely what she wants and date openly whoever she wanted.

For Kate, she probably realised it in highschool, was a nerd about it and went online to research and look for stuff to watch, read, etc. I imagine her first kiss was like Juliette from First Kill, lol. Her family knew because she wasn't subtle but they waited for her to tell them and she might have come out to them last year of highschool. She might have had a gf in highschool. She dated in college but nothing serious because she was focused on school.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

QMTA

I think Lucy realized she was a lesbian pretty early like late primary school and started to date in high school. And I think Kate a bit later, realized it in high school and started to date in college. I think they’re both pretty comfortable with their desires and needs and this is so cool because this rarely happens on screen when two women are involved.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 19:09
Oh one of my favorite fandom gifmakers getting into Kacy? YES!

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

QMTA

My head canon is pretty similar with Lucy's family. I have gone back and forth with Kate's parents. At first I pegged her parents as belonging to Academia. Then Military. I totally fluctuate between the 2. Regardless, I have her parents regimented and career oriented. Even if they disapproved of their daughter's sexual orientation, they wouldn't openly express it, especially if they're in Academia. God forbid they should ever show they're not progressive forward thinking intellectuals. But there may be subtle underpinnings of disapproval, that Kate has picked up on. Plus, Noah may have been the All American golden child, leaving Kate feeling like she never quite measured up in her family. She adored her brother, though; further complicating her familial relationships. Just a working theory of why she can appear so closed off.

Cannot wait to see how far off I am. Hurry up Season 2. Filming starts next Monday.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 22:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

QMTA

DA. IA that they probably figured it out rather soon. It's not easy to speculate because we don't have a lot of background.
IA about Lucy's family. I feel like maybe Lucy realised she was into women in college. Dating wasn't something on her mind in highschool, her parents probably got her doing multiple activities, she didn't think about that at all. In college, she said she didn't get out much, maybe she didn't date much either or she did but it had to stay secret because of her controlling parents. Then when she was done with school and could get away from her family, she started doing freely what she wants and date openly whoever she wanted.

For Kate, she probably realised it in highschool, was a nerd about it and went online to research and look for stuff to watch, read, etc. I imagine her first kiss was like Juliette from First Kill, lol. Her family knew because she wasn't subtle but they waited for her to tell them and she might have come out to them last year of highschool. She might have had a gf in highschool. She dated in college but nothing serious because she was focused on school.
Haha I like those details.

To me, Lucy would have figured it out pretty early. Like she probably went head to head with her family since she was a child, she is outspoken and did not fit in with what they wanted for her. I see a teen Lucy already being into girls but maybe, cause she was sheltered, not totally understanding what that meant initially.

With Kate I can see her taking longer to even be with someone. Like she was so focused on studies and being number 1 at everything that love only came later in life. And maybe in college she started noticing girls more often.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18p wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 08:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

QMTA

My head canon is pretty similar with Lucy's family. I have gone back and forth with Kate's parents. At first I pegged her parents as belonging to Academia. Then Military. I totally fluctuate between the 2. Regardless, I have her parents regimented and career oriented. Even if they disapproved of their daughter's sexual orientation, they wouldn't openly express it, especially if they're in Academia. God forbid they should ever show they're not progressive forward thinking intellectuals. But there may be subtle underpinnings of disapproval, that Kate has picked up on. Plus, Noah may have been the All American golden child, leaving Kate feeling like she never quite measured up in her family. She adored her brother, though; further complicating her familial relationships. Just a working theory of why she can appear so closed off.

Cannot wait to see how far off I am. Hurry up Season 2. Filming starts next Monday.
I am always wondering if Kate is this repressed in terms of her feelings and having issues with expressing herself because that is how she is or because that is how she was raised by her family (or both).

But whatever the case, I think it’s safe to assume she never felt comfortable enough to discuss feelings with her parents, otherwise she would be more open than she is or have less problems with being “human”.
She had to grow up without ever letting her feelings taking the best of her and hiding emotions.
This is the woman who thought she could break up with someone without having the conversation.
Discussing emotions is a huge difficulty for her and I think that must have been fed by her family. She had to grow up all rational.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Meaning of Lucy's facial expression? Any thoughts?
I think it can be 'Don't you hurt me again'..

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Emily is back at, and still hilarious.

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 12:09
Or she’s emotionally overcome by the moment. She has the woman she loves back in her arms. She’s probably feeling pretty fragile, at the moment. I was more concerned when I saw the look on her face when she turned around, and then stomped towards Kate. She looked very angry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
That is probably something on her mind.
But in that moment I see more this sort of relief/happiness that she gets to hold and kiss Kate again. She can’t stop staring at Kate with this “you’re mine and i am yours again” look.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

20 Jun 2022, 13:06
Guest wrote:
Or she’s emotionally overcome by the moment. She has the woman she loves back in her arms. She’s probably feeling pretty fragile, at the moment. I was more concerned when I saw the look on her face when she turned around, and then stomped towards Kate. She looked very angry.
Her first reaction was for sure of caught of guard and WTF is going on. She looked very puzzled. Kate being emotionally open was not in her book lol
But then when she gets it, she gives up her fight with herself and accepts it. Which she was ready to do seeing that she was waiting for Kate anyways lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 13:09
Guest wrote:
But in that moment I see more this sort of relief/happiness that she gets to hold and kiss Kate again. She can’t stop staring at Kate with this “you’re mine and i am yours again” look.
That's how I saw it as well. Definitely relief, like a huge weight has been lift off her shoulders.

2nights3days
Reactions:

Post by 2nights3days »

1 week to start filming!!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

20 Jun 2022, 13:00

I love those!
The last frame is my fav.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
This tweet seems appropriate

It’s the “game over” on that fight against what she wanted

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

20 Jun 2022, 13:00

These are so good.

Can we please have the last frame happening :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 13:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
That's how I saw it as well. Definitely relief, like a huge weight has been lift off her shoulders.
I love this moment. I admit that I didn't love the complete lack of reaction when Kate dropped the l word. But this definitely shows how much Lucy cares too. I agree that it's a moment of relief for her, but I see a little bit of it finally clicking that Kate is all in, because look what she just did to prove it. So not just relief that they're back together, but also relief that it's a big fucking deal what they have. I think there was a part of Lucy that thought Kate would never prove herself up to the standard of trusting her again. And boy did she and then some.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 22:58
Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 13:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I love this moment. I admit that I didn't love the complete lack of reaction when Kate dropped the l word. But this definitely shows how much Lucy cares too. I agree that it's a moment of relief for her, but I see a little bit of it finally clicking that Kate is all in, because look what she just did to prove it. So not just relief that they're back together, but also relief that it's a big fucking deal what they have. I think there was a part of Lucy that thought Kate would never prove herself up to the standard of trusting her again. And boy did she and then some.
I think that’s why the whole moment is so important, cause before that it was like ‘what can Kate do to show that she is all in, that Lucy is not just the afterthought and she won’t give up’ and then Kate goes and does something that Lucy, most most likely, never imagined Kate would do.

So she is very surprised and shocked at first, and then she takes it all in and she accepts this is the moment, and then Kaye is talking and it’s as if Lucy is not even totally hearing cause in that moment her mind was made and she just wanted Kate back, and then she takes her back by kissing her, and then she just stares at her with this ‘awe’ look like she is saying “it’s you and it’s always going to be you for me”.
It’s a lot of like rollercoaster to unpack. A very fulfilling moment as a viewer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2nights3days wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 14:49
Crazy! I’m really hoping they do everything right by them! They have the potential to be an “it” couple.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 04:25
2nights3days wrote:
Crazy! I’m really hoping they do everything right by them! They have the potential to be an “it” couple.
Yes. I feel really positive and confident about that lol which usually i am not.
But based on season 1 and the type of show this is and the writers comments, i think we’re on good track.

I listened to a podcast with Yas and i had never really seen an interview with her and damn, her family situation aint easy. But she is all positive and sweet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 06:27
Guest wrote:
2nights3days wrote:
Yes. I feel really positive and confident about that lol which usually i am not.
But based on season 1 and the type of show this is and the writers comments, i think we’re on good track.

I listened to a podcast with Yas and i had never really seen an interview with her and damn, her family situation aint easy. But she is all positive and sweet.
What’s the deal with her family?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 06:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
2nights3days wrote:

They are not supportive of her being an actress, dont even talk about it.

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 07:41
Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 06:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
2nights3days wrote:

They are not supportive of her being an actress, dont even talk about it.
For those of you who want to listen to the podcast, here's the link via Twitter. It's long, about 70 minutes.