NCIS: Hawai'i

Reactions:

Re: NCIS: Hawai'i

Post by Guest »

So, we aren't going to discuss Whistler knowing all about Skylar?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 01:27
Stalking her ex's new girl... Lol relatable. Also I'm pretty sure she knows ALL about Skylar than she let on to Ernie. Whistler tries to be chill but actually has zero chill when it comes to Lucy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I mean, she's an FBI agent, which makes stalking your ex that much easier.

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18p »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 02:14
Guest wrote:
Stalking her ex's new girl... Lol relatable. Also I'm pretty sure she knows ALL about Skylar than she let on to Ernie. Whistler tries to be chill but actually has zero chill when it comes to Lucy.
I got kinda a Jessie flashback vibe during the Skylar conversation. I think during the Pirates episode we discovered Jessie knew things about Gracie's friends that weren't kosher. He kinda shrugged it off as parental perogative. Kate, having been in intel for a long time, probably feels entitled to protect her ex. We know Ernie does these types of things. They gloss over this, though many of us see it differently, and frown upon them taking such liberties.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 00:00
Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 23:53
Guest wrote:
19 May 2022, 23:39
It's so funny to me to see Kate stans losing it because the singing scene doesn't go with the myth of who they've created Kate to be in their heads. Out of character? That's literally the point. She's going above and beyond what she's comfortable with because she's desperate thinking this is her last chance. Obviously she miscalculated but she did that because she misinterpreted Ernie's advice by taking it too literally.
It's funny to me how Lucy's stans can't except that people can perfectly understand what the writers were trying to do and still don't like the way they decided to show it.
whistlersarmy, just because you don't like it that doesn't make it out of character. :alright:
Don't agree with everything whistlersarmy says but the hate for them in these posts shows the real estate they take up in the ship. Agree with first post. Out of character is literally the point. Def out of character but it should be. It's a gesture. Can't wait to see how Lucy reacts. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18p wrote:
20 May 2022, 02:46
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 02:14
Guest wrote:
I got kinda a Jessie flashback vibe during the Skylar conversation. I think during the Pirates episode we discovered Jessie knew things about Gracie's friends that weren't kosher. He kinda shrugged it off as parental perogative. Kate, having been in intel for a long time, probably feels entitled to protect her ex. We know Ernie does these types of things. They gloss over this, though many of us see it differently, and frown upon them taking such liberties.
You mentioned Jesse and I thought about him finding out about Lucy and her family.

I wonder how Kate knows about Skyler in the first place. Lucy didnt even go on the third date.
I am more stuck in the them being more friendly reference.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2022, 03:32
Guest wrote:
14 May 2022, 03:07
What's whistler's army's AO3 handle? Also any good fic recs?
KacyGoals4Life (StaubreyBechloeGoals4Life)

Which kind of says it all. I had something similar fandom related. When I was 14.

But the other anon is right, her fanfic writing is much more mature than her Twitter takes. Though there's a lot of sex, marathon sex mentioned often :lol: She's polite about things, but also acts as thoguh the entire fandom thinks like her. That storyline was terrible, the writers are terrible, and the fandom was robbed of any kind of goodness or good writing. There's very clearly some shipper baggage going on with Twitter fandom. I just hope their whining and crap doesn't ruin a good thing. So far the cast and writers seem to be cordial to the shippers.

I did see that Kian(Alex Tennant) somehow pissed the Kacy fans off and they made up somehow, which he tweeted himself. Don't know what that was about, but big red flag to me already.
Came here to escape the twitter drama but seeing all that crap here too. Leave it on that cesspool where it belongs. Bringing up hate from there just starts hate here. Reads just like twitter. Irony.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It kills me that Lucy was all sad at the party waiting for Kate :bigcry:

She seems really surprised by the whole thing, I think she is just moving to the side where they will talk.

Also, I am glad whistler at least knows how to sing and she has a nice tone lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wish I could unsee that. i thought i could get through it on mute but nope i can't even watch the video without stopping and begging for it to stop.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 05:47

She seems really surprised by the whole thing, I think she is just moving to the side where they will talk.

Lucy is again waiting for Kate and well tbf Kate makes an entrance, lmao. I think Lucy will turn away from Kate for a moment and then just stands still there fighting her emotions which will allow Kate to approach her so they can talk it out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 07:29
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 05:47

Lucy is again waiting for Kate and well tbf Kate makes an entrance, lmao. I think Lucy will turn away from Kate for a moment and then just stands still there fighting her emotions which will allow Kate to approach her so they can talk it out.
I think she is just kinda dealing with it (she does soften up as the song goes) and going to the side a bit. So their talk should be more reserved.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It is cringe but theyre giving kacy the straight couple treatment. I think it is out of place becos this is ncis show but for a romcom, this would be cute af 😂😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 07:07
I wish I could unsee that. i thought i could get through it on mute but nope i can't even watch the video without stopping and begging for it to stop.
:eyeroll: :yawn:

Xena
Reactions: 9

Post by Xena »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 08:17
Guest wrote:
I loved it. Kate was so cute 😍. I melt. And she has a beautiful voice . I will kiss her if i was lucy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Xena wrote:
20 May 2022, 08:24
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 08:17
Guest wrote:
I loved it. Kate was so cute 😍. I melt. And she has a beautiful voice . I will kiss her if i was lucy.
The biggest surprise for me is that she has such a sweet voice. I would hear the full version lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

it's funny that the most controversial thing with the 'fans' (fandom?) is because one of the couple tried to sing as a grand gesture and ppl thought it's too cringe lol
i mean, could be worst.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

anons I wanted to have your point of view I made friends watch the show who did not know and they find that the actresses do not take their role seriously that they laugh too much as if the situation made them die of laughter and in short my friends find it vexing, I find them very severe :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 10:12
anons I wanted to have your point of view I made friends watch the show who did not know and they find that the actresses do not take their role seriously that they laugh too much as if the situation made them die of laughter and in short my friends find it vexing, I find them very severe :-/
IMO it isn't that way at all. I think they do good work. Maybe they laugh because they are comfortable with each other, who nows?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Never really took notice of that, and fortunately, never saw no one complaining.
They seem very much into the role and they sell it well.
I can’t think of any scene where they laugh too much at a moment?
They’re really good on the lesbian front from their first scene.

Maybe it’s whoever is making their voices in the french version?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 10:58
Guest wrote:
Never really took notice of that, and fortunately, never saw no one complaining.
They seem very much into the role and they sell it well.
I can’t think of any scene where they laugh too much at a moment?
They’re really good on the lesbian front from their first scene.

Maybe it’s whoever is making their voices in the french version?
:rofl: :rofl: as a Frenchwoman I am ashamed of the voices / well at least they are pathetic but funny :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Get new friends.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

After yesterday's shock, I have a theory why it happened this general feeling of second hand embarrassment.
What if another character had done the performance? Ernie,Jessie or Tennant . They are more open to others so it'd have felt more natural and not so awkward. Whistler is more an introverted person , a little distant , so serious and correct hence the weird.
Note: Kate has guts! Putting yourself out there in such a vulnerable situation in front of everyone is admirable.
My respects :bowdown:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 12:24
After yesterday's shock, I have a theory why it happened this general feeling of second hand embarrassment.
What if another character had done the performance? Ernie,Jessie or Tennant . They are more open to others so it'd have felt more natural and not so awkward. Whistler is more an introverted person , a little distant , so serious and correct hence the weird.
Note: Kate has guts! Putting yourself out there in such a vulnerable situation in front of everyone is admirable.
My respects :bowdown:
Cue to Kai grabbing an ukelele to save Kate, he changes the tempo and everybody starts dancing :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Next time Ernie says something to Whistler, I can see him add 'not literally' as a clarification. :lol:

Lucy's team are so gonna tease her about it next time she teases one of the guys. You gotta love her dork girlfriend.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I liked when Ernie told Kate no judgment cause he has done the same as Kate.
Kinda gives a bit more depth as to why Ernie has been understanding, he can gasp that Kate loves Lucy but she has these issues of making it seem like she was pushing Lucy away :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:'( :lol: you can find really nice videos :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if the music choice has some meaning for them?
The show is so careful with their details and reasoning for things that maybe there could be a context to it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can’t tell if some members of the fan community are that dense or are just playing into social media hive mind.

The point of Kate singing is that it is so out of character and cringe. She is willing to show Lucy in a public way she doesn’t want to compartmentalize or keep anything secret anymore.

Lucy takes a second to process. Hence the what are you doing and potentially walking away. The part that they cut will be lucy actually not walking away this time and finally listening to Kate.

It’s not that difficult people

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 15:28
I can’t tell if some members of the fan community are that dense or are just playing into social media hive mind.

The point of Kate singing is that it is so out of character and cringe. She is willing to show Lucy in a public way she doesn’t want to compartmentalize or keep anything secret anymore.

Lucy takes a second to process. Hence the what are you doing and potentially walking away. The part that they cut will be lucy actually not walking away this time and finally listening to Kate.

Yes exactly this! Thank you. Some people are being over the top ridiculous about the whole thing :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 15:33
Guest wrote:

Yes exactly this! Thank you. Some people are being over the top ridiculous about the whole thing :lol:
Thank you!! I feel as if some people are just complaining for the sake of complaining and wanting to hear their own voices. I don’t know how they don’t understand that it’s supposed to be awkward for Kate because she is going way outside her comfort zone to express herself.
Why all the dramatics? This show has given us so much more than any of us could have asked or expected.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 15:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Thank you!! I feel as if some people are just complaining for the sake of complaining and wanting to hear their own voices. I don’t know how they don’t understand that it’s supposed to be awkward for Kate because she is going way outside her comfort zone to express herself.
Why all the dramatics? This show has given us so much more than any of us could have asked or expected.
I agree with you all.
I think people have ideas in their heads and then if it doesnt match they complain.
But truth be told, i think mostly people arent being that dramatic so at least that. Ultimately it’s nothing that affects what they are, the relationship, the wlw perspective… and everyone is expecting the talk to come after.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I seem to have a different opinion from Lucy’s reaction. To me, as it goes, she gets more and more emotional, like softning and surrenders.
I don’t think she is running away.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's remarkable how the creators of this romance are with everything with this story . I am enjoying this journey.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 18:15
It's remarkable how the creators of this romance are with everything with this story . I am enjoying this journey.
Me too. The importance they give to them is everything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 15:42
Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 15:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I agree with you all.
I think people have ideas in their heads and then if it doesnt match they complain.
But truth be told, i think mostly people arent being that dramatic so at least that. Ultimately it’s nothing that affects what they are, the relationship, the wlw perspective… and everyone is expecting the talk to come after.
I honestly think a lot of it is the entitlement way of thinking mixed with baggage from other fandoms. It's a curious mix and unfortunately brings out this whiny subsection of shippers. They don't understand the nuance in the writing and just want what they want and if they don't get it then the writing is trash and we need to complain to get what we want and deserve!

I honestly hope that the season ends with them back together and solidly, not for my own peace of mind but because it will make hiatus insufferable otherwise :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really appreciate your opinions here :) i identify a lot and it’s good.

In a very surprising way, Kacy has become a really confort ship for me. It’s like the happiness i have been waiting from a tb couple

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I actually feel bad for Tori. I hope she doesn’t lurk through Twitter tags. Can’t imagine how I would feel if people keep saying how cringe the GG was =_= Even if the comments are not directed at her singing (but just the overall public display of it all) it’s still pretty sad that there’s more posts about how people can’t get themselves to watch it or they just mute it. I would personally lose confidence in singing again :'( .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:06
I actually feel bad for Tori. I hope she doesn’t lurk through Twitter tags. Can’t imagine how I would feel if people keep saying how cringe the GG was =_= Even if the comments are not directed at her singing (but just the overall public display of it all) it’s still pretty sad that there’s more posts about how people can’t get themselves to watch it or they just mute it. I would personally lose confidence in singing again :'( .
At the same time, people are praising her and singing. The fandom loves her and is sure to give her good comments.
She does seem really chill about things :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2022, 23:16
Guest wrote:
At the same time, people are praising her and singing. The fandom loves her and is sure to give her good comments.
She does seem really chill about things :)
I think it's really helpful that neither of the ladies seem to have a huge presence on social media. Nowadays I think that's the smart thing when it comes to fandom.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jane looks so impressed with Kate.
Her man gonna have to measure up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

f/f fandom: why do we never get anything good, we just want what straight people get

f/f couple: get straight lead couple treatment

f/f fandom: not that, we don’t want that, anything but that, that’s so cringe

A17
Reactions:

Post by A17 »

Wayhaughtshipper18p wrote:
19 May 2022, 17:36
So you can watch Kate willingly humiliate herself to get back Lucy’s love.

Im just thinking about how I was right that it was not blood on her shirt :lol:

Xena

Post by Xena »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 03:24
f/f fandom: why do we never get anything good, we just want what straight people get

👌👏

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

This is always the case though, lol. We just can't accept good things. Recently we got like a couple of cute teen rom-coms and people still complained. And now we have a nicely done storyline about two women falling in love, and it's a main story (!!), and people will still find something to complain about. Even though it's not even close to bad. We've been served dross for some time that it feels like some people just like to sabotage themselves at this point and complain for the sake of complaining.

Xena

Post by Xena »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 07:40
Guest wrote:

This is always the case though, lol. We just can't accept good things. Recently we got like a couple of cute teen rom-coms and people still complained. And now we have a nicely done storyline about two women falling in love, and it's a main story (!!), and people will still find something to complain about. Even though it's not even close to bad. We've been served dross for some time that it feels like some people just like to sabotage themselves at this point and complain for the sake of complaining.
👏👏👏

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The meta in this thread…

Can we talk about the storyline and the characters and not link anything to Twitter or how the writers will react?

This thread could be fun without all the « someone said this, someone reacted this way, how could they? »

Twitter and fandom have nothing to do here.

So here we go (quote without the first part if you want to reply)

Kate once again being literal about what she should do to get back Lucy is hilarious and that’s the joke. Kate is too extra for this world. Ernie should have seen this coming.

I think Lucy will walk away and Kate will try to reach for her and Lucy will turn around and they will a little chat and they’ll kiss but not in front of the others, I would prefer so.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2022, 02:53
Jane looks so impressed with Kate.
Her man gonna have to measure up
Though competition tho. For everything.^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Me too. I respect her, I imagine shooting that scene had to be difficult. Anyway, I haven't seen a single bad comment about the actress.