Dani could be a good dominatrix in bed.

Reactions:

Re: Danley - L Word GenQ

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 12:06
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 11:42
Maaan, when you think about them, they have some many options what to do when them. Like it would be such a popular trope to go from enemies to lovers but also they can work out love epiphany and the plausible deniability trope, they can get into a big fight and accidentally confess feelings to each other out of anger :wub:
I’m on board with that!! I want them to fight and then suddenly kiss, then stop instantly. Dani would just leave irritated, and they spend the rest of their time wondering about, what just happened. Then Finley shows up at Dani’s door to talk and the love confession happens. She tells her she’s sorry and that she loves her etc.
This is just a run of the mill suggestion. I’m pretty sure some of you could come up with sth more sophisticated. LoL

They spend more and more time together but Finale irritates Dani big time, so Finley starts cracking jokes, being her adorable self and she's just there for Dani when needed, even though she still hates her guts. Slowly Dani will open up about her father and that in reality she doesn't have everything in order. So Finley being Finley tricks her into spending time with the group but she takes her to an amusement park, which annoys Dani so bad. But she goes along with it just for the sake of it and Dani catches a breather, they actually have a pretty good time. But they won't admit it, especially Dani. They continue to meet at parties and they have some awkward moments like one lady thinks they're couple and says they're cute which they're like "what, no way" and Dani frowns. TBC...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t know if they’ve even been in a scene together this season but for some reason I’m into this. I have issues clearly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 13:00
I don’t know if they’ve even been in a scene together this season but for some reason I’m into this. I have issues clearly.
And yet we -highly intuitive and perceptive souls- caught on to it! It’s the Danley magic.✨

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What if it's Dani who helps Finley in the finale ep. What if. I want to at least see a friendship between the two of them. Dani could actually help Finley become less of a mess. Idk. But all in all it makes more sense than Dophie or Sinley to me. I think Sophie is going to end up alone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 21:09
I will never quit laughing about this one
😂😂😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Everything aside they’d look really cute together

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 14:37
What if it's Dani who helps Finley in the finale ep. What if. I want to at least see a friendship between the two of them. Dani could actually help Finley become less of a mess. Idk. But all in all it makes more sense than Dophie or Sinley to me. I think Sophie is going to end up alone.
If that was the og, I would bet my panties Danley would happen, but not sure if Marja has it in her.. do you Marja, do you?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 14:41
Everything aside they’d look really cute together
They would be definitely the cutest gen q pairing :heart: They just look good together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can't believe i'd rather see Danley than the actual couples of the show lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
If they ever wanted us to root for Sophie/Finley, their character development in Season 2 very evidently torpedoed that ship! Bc as of today, Sophie is currently the most hated character on the show. No one wants to see them happy. It just doesn’t feel right at this point, and I’m someone who actually rooted for them in Season 1, bc Dani/Sophie never seemed like a good relationship to me.

Now since Season 2 I’m feeling sorry for Finley. Sophie showed her true colors. No matter how often she sings karaoke, I’ll never believe she’s actually genuine about her feelings. She seems like an opportunist. She’ll use Finley as a hands maiden and for emotional support, and will resort to manipulation whenever she doesn’t get exactly what she wants.

I see Dani & Finley as polar opposites, but they’re both able to love very deeply and unconditionally I think. They’re also both wounded and a bit lost. I found the interaction last episode really interesting, when Finley wanted to hug Dani and she refused. She gave us some rare insight into what’s going inside of her. She never did that with Sophie. I think Finley would be the type of person, Dani could really open up to. Finley’s outward expression resonates with how Dani really feels inside!
I found that information interesting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 14:56

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 14:56
2x

Especially since I am a Dani/Sophie stan to the end. :'(

I can be ok with Danley.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

True love💘

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

@9:52
She felt the Danley vibes. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 14:59
Guest wrote:
If they ever wanted us to root for Sophie/Finley, their character development in Season 2 very evidently torpedoed that ship! Bc as of today, Sophie is currently the most hated character on the show. No one wants to see them happy. It just doesn’t feel right at this point, and I’m someone who actually rooted for them in Season 1, bc Dani/Sophie never seemed like a good relationship to me.

Now since Season 2 I’m feeling sorry for Finley. Sophie showed her true colors. No matter how often she sings karaoke, I’ll never believe she’s actually genuine about her feelings. She seems like an opportunist. She’ll use Finley as a hands maiden and for emotional support, and will resort to manipulation whenever she doesn’t get exactly what she wants.

I see Dani & Finley as polar opposites, but they’re both able to love very deeply and unconditionally I think. They’re also both wounded and a bit lost. I found the interaction last episode really interesting, when Finley wanted to hug Dani and she refused. She gave us some rare insight into what’s going inside of her. She never did that with Sophie. I think Finley would be the type of person, Dani could really open up to. Finley’s outward expression resonates with how Dani really feels inside!
I found that information interesting.
Exactly this! That last sentence was quite a revelation.💯 I personally don’t see Sophie as harshly, but I agree, everything that happened after Fin crashed the wedding, didn’t show Sophie in the best light. Her doing karaoke was super sweet, but I couldn’t enjoy it as much as I’d liked to.. Something was just off. My sympathy belonged too Dani at that point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:31
That's actually what opened my eyes to this ship

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They are probably some of the better intentioned characters

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:23
True love💘

It’s FINLEY GUMP I just can’t lmao :rofl:
This is so fucking cute!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 17:15
Guest wrote:
True love💘

I want them to make up and be cute together so badly :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 11:27
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 11:11
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 11:00
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 00:46
Finley is (i hate to say it) kinda a loser with no real ambition or even a plan. So i just dont see a person whose really driven, like Dani, being attracted to Finley.

Other than that teeny problem, its all good.
Finley needs to bake more to be ready for Dani. She will get rehab and a new direction. A Finley ambition is to be a house husband (ep7) and Dani wants to marry a house wife that will take care of kids (ep4). The are each others match. :heart:
This!

People act like they don't have anything in common and Finley would annoy the hella out of Dani, but there's space for that important growth, and that's why it makes this one a good match and a great story for the writers!
Da
And it would be funny as hell to watch :rofl:
At the same time they both bring the type of energy that would make it a profound experience. Just thinking about recent scene, where Finley wants to hug Dani and she storms off. Her saying they got nothing in common, other than their age, is a foreshadowing trope to me .. both will realize eventually they actually do!! Ahhh I just see it playing out in my head now :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Omg Finley’s just so dorky 🙈 is she supposed to be the GenZ version of Shane?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:46
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:31
That's actually what opened my eyes to this ship
I think they could be really popular :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 12:13
Your new lesbian It-couple next door 😄
I wanted it to work with the priestess for Finley because I love me some Olivia Thirlby but I am all about Danley. And for me to feel that way says a lot. Danley would be so hot together. 🖤

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just look at them :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 18:49

I like the phrasing in this scene...unlike you. They are both comparing each other. Also Finley said Dani is scary twice but she likes it. Dani is BOO! and Finley wants more. :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

viewtopic.php?t=17365&start=18585#p1923245

Already way back when I was Danley shipping. :zaza:
I still want my drunk grind. :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 17:15
Guest wrote:
True love💘

I just love the idea of Danley. :heart: Yes, it would be funny, fun and hot all at the same time. Maybe Dani could try to bring some order into Finley's life, help her get sober and improve her hygiene and dress. At the same time, Finley could help Dani loosen up, have fun and express her true feelings better. Sophie will be the biggest loser - maybe Alice and Sophie could comfort each other. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love this thread so much!! You fellow Danleys are awesome ☺️🙌♥️

I find the idea of these two together also incredibly sweet. I like opposite pairings and the dynamic that develops. Chaotic Finley and Sophisticated Dani. Both are so different but there’s room for understanding. Finley saying “I want to be better” to Dani and then Dani revealing something about herself, she’d usually never tell anyone. This couple has a lot of potential to be entertaining and heartfelt. I can’t wait to see if the writers will pick up on this.😏🍿

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 12:53
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 12:48

This could be a funny fan fic with Dani and Finley. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 20:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dani in leather

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 20:46
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 20:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dani in leather
Da
Why orange overalls? Whyyy???

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I made some fan art

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 21:12
I made some fan art

This thread :rofl: :rofl: we have some talented nonnies here :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 21:15
Guest wrote:
I made some fan art

This thread :rofl: :rofl: we have some talented nonnies here :dance2:
😂😂👏

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 19:06
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 18:49

I like the phrasing in this scene...unlike you. They are both comparing each other. Also Finley said Dani is scary twice but she likes it. Dani is BOO! and Finley wants more. :$
I’m a Gini shipper but I’m also digging these two now. That scene convinced me! More of this pls :angel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 11:33
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 21:49
Hard sometimes are all beginnings - Yoda

If these two end up together that scene will go down in history :rofl:

There's nothing better than a love-hate romance, imo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

.. hit me baby one more time 🎶

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

😍😍😍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I made some fan art

:rofl: Thank-you so much for this. Best laugh I've had all day! Finley needs some hot discipline.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I care more about this thread than the one where they never shut up about the old ladies

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 17:33
Millenial!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 01:05
I care more about this thread than the one where they never shut up about the old ladies
I agree. I am so sick of Bette and all her mental breakdowns about art, the possibility of Tibette, will Alice do another threesome, Shane writing in her journal at the bar, etc. etc.

Why can't we have some fun and some laughs. That's why this Danley thread is so enjoyable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 11:13
I‘m on this ship like

:queen: :hudoin:
Full speed ahead, Danley coming :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 09:41
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 09:28

Fixed it!

ffs :rofl: :rofl:

loving the vibes here, they're my new ship, make it canon, Marja! :queen:
Got an idea for how their romance starts.
Finley Shakespeare just writes another note
:hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 01:11
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 17:33
Millenial!
Da
No one’s like the original Shane! Not even Shane from GenQ. While I absolutely loath what they’ve done with Shane’s storyline so far, I think it was a pretty smart move from Marja not to push a wannabe Shane on us. Finley’s a complete dork, but she’s original that way and I’m actually starting to like her more and more. She brings the situational humor to GenQ, while at the same time being a sympathetic character. I love how Jacqueline plays her. The possibility of a Danley outcome has me on my toes. Love the idea 👏

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The thing with Finley is that she can be annoying and childish but for any wirter this kind of a character is a challenge because it gives you the opportunity to showcase her growth. And if the actress is good, in this case Jacq is a really good actress, they can do wonders with Finley's character with good writers.