BBC America's Killing Eve - Part II

Reactions:

Re: BBC America's Killing Eve - Part II

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 15:27
"Admit it Eve, you wish I was here" :rageblush:
For me that was the turning point of Eve's attraction / love (?) to V . We didn't have much in S3 but I loved that scene and Sandra's acting, also V's "i can't stop thinking about you" .
I miss them :mask:
Yeah I actually just rewatched this episode yesterday and I thought that it was in that moment that she finally accepted her feelings for V and that she can't live without her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do we think Dasha’s son is going to show up season 4? Has to be a reason why Dasha mentioned him a few times when she was alive :tinfoil:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 15:26
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 15:19
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 15:16
If you are gonna come here and tell us there was no attraction, no connection in that bathroom scene you are wasting time.
I didn’t say that at all lmao just that yeah she met someone and there was something there but she didn’t think about it again until it hit her WHO it coudl have been.

DA, huh? this is a tv show, we don't live inside Eve's head and we don't know what she thought about from the moment she saw V to when she realized it's her. What can be confidently said is the show meant to tell us that Eve was attracted to V from that moment in the bathroom. If you disagree you're disagreeing with Phoebe, who knows more than you what she wanted to be conveyed through that scene.
Meanwhile Phoebe only wrote one season. What good does that attraction do when each season they force her with a man? This is why it’s hard for people to even see her as bisexual because we don’t see it on screen

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 15:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
If you are gonna come here and tell us there was no attraction, no connection in that bathroom scene you are wasting time.
I didn’t say that at all lmao just that yeah she met someone and there was something there but she didn’t think about it again until it hit her WHO it coudl have been.

DA, huh? this is a tv show, we don't live inside Eve's head and we don't know what she thought about from the moment she saw V to when she realized it's her. What can be confidently said is the show meant to tell us that Eve was attracted to V from that moment in the bathroom. If you disagree you're disagreeing with Phoebe, who knows more than you what she wanted to be conveyed through that scene.
Meanwhile Phoebe only wrote one season. What good does that attraction do when each season they force her with a man? This is why it’s hard for people to even see her as bisexual because we don’t see it on screen
Now you're deflecting, we were talking about whether Eve had an attraction to V in the bathroom of not. But if you insist, that attraction is shown in every seasoe (like someone just mentioned, the scene of Eve with the toy bear in S3) No matter how many people Eve sleeps with, she is always going to be thinking about Villanelle. It gets boring obviously but one thing you can't deny is that Eve's attraction to V is always present in one way or another.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Eve was hardly 'forced' with Niko, he was her husband after all. She eventually moved on by the end of season 3 and accepted that she doesn't want a normal relationship any more. There is going to be more to it with season 4 guy, definitely think she will be using him to some end. Just like there will be other motives with V and the church girl.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 15:50
Eve was hardly 'forced' with Niko, he was her husband after all. She eventually moved on by the end of season 3 and accepted that she doesn't want a normal relationship any more. There is going to be more to it with season 4 guy, definitely think she will be using him to some end. Just like there will be other motives with V and the church girl.
She didn't move on. Nico dumped her. And s4 till 405 will be yet another rehash of eve seeking normality only to realize she is not made for it in the latter half of the szn like every other szn.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 15:58
Guest wrote:
She didn't move on. Nico dumped her. And s4 till 405 will be yet another rehash of eve seeking normality only to realize she is not made for it in the latter half of the szn like every other szn.
Ok thanks, Laura

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 15:38
Do we think Dasha’s son is going to show up season 4? Has to be a reason why Dasha mentioned him a few times when she was alive :tinfoil:
He was mentioned in an episode written by Laura so yeah maybe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 16:05
Guest wrote:
He might be an assassin, maybe she trained him herself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 16:05
Guest wrote:
Great, another unnecessary character :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If people have already made their minds up about season 4 without a trailer even being released why watch at all? seems so silly to make assumptions based on spoilers we don't know 100% to be true and a few photos.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 15:59
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 15:58
Guest wrote:
Ok thanks, Laura
You mean the writer in the season where niko survived pitchfork through his throat and didn't give eve enough agency to walk away from him until he kicked her out? Her bf is new niko for a while.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 16:26
If people have already made their minds up about season 4 without a trailer even being released why watch at all? seems so silly to make assumptions based on spoilers we don't know 100% to be true and a few photos.
This. Why bother with the new season at all if you're already 100% certain it's going to suck? Why watch it at all and mostly why bother talking about it during the hiatus? If you know without doubt it's shit and Laura can't write for her life.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I do think Laura is a better writer than Suzanne solely based on her previous works, Suzanne wrote on Fear the Walking Dead for fuck's sake, what did we expect. Also this year we have Kayleigh, which is also a great writer in my opinion. (and a lesbian :lol: )

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Let me sum up their dynamic in a way that I think a few will agree on. The attraction is there from both parties. But it begs the question of whether they really like one another or like the idea of one another. From what we've seen I personally have to go with the second option and here's why. Psychologically speaking when is humans in general try to impress someone our initial response is to elevate our personalities to seem more "desirable" and that's exactly how I perceive Villanelle. She puts this confident, seductive front on whenever she wants to lure Eve in and Eve living in a average vanilla relationship/life is obviously attracted to the excitement and spice Villanelle shows on the outside but still knows nothing about what's on the inside. And that's where the complication of the relationship kicks in. Eve is clearly confused about what she wants from Villanelle because she HARDLY knows her. That's why I believe it's dragged on for so long. They literally haven't had any time to get to know each other outside of their work and in reality you don't just jump into a relationship with someone you barely know. That said I appreciate how real their relationship has been and I hope by s4 it all finally seals together appropriately and all of our questions are answered. Fingers crossed we get that intimate scene we're all begging to see.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 17:19
Probably trying to cover their asses for future 3x08 scenes. Like look they are longing each other :sadangel:.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 18:19
Let me sum up their dynamic in a way that I think a few will agree on. The attraction is there from both parties. But it begs the question of whether they really like one another or like the idea of one another. From what we've seen I personally have to go with the second option and here's why. Psychologically speaking when is humans in general try to impress someone our initial response is to elevate our personalities to seem more "desirable" and that's exactly how I perceive Villanelle. She puts this confident, seductive front on whenever she wants to lure Eve in and Eve living in a average vanilla relationship/life is obviously attracted to the excitement and spice Villanelle shows on the outside but still knows nothing about what's on the inside. And that's where the complication of the relationship kicks in. Eve is clearly confused about what she wants from Villanelle because she HARDLY knows her. That's why I believe it's dragged on for so long. They literally haven't had any time to get to know each other outside of their work and in reality you don't just jump into a relationship with someone you barely know. That said I appreciate how real their relationship has been and I hope by s4 it all finally seals together appropriately and all of our questions are answered. Fingers crossed we get that intimate scene we're all begging to see.
That's exactly the point S2 tried to make. They spent some more time together as "colleagues" but they were obsessed with the idea of one another. In fact, the finale was the moment of disillusionment. Reality came crashing in.
The only moment in S2 where they were having an authentic connection was in 2x07
"you don't feel anything?"
"I feel things when I'm with you"

but they were interrupted too soon.
That being said, S3 was another chapter: the trust they had in each other kept building even when they were separated. It's interesting, it deserved a lot more exploration. It's okay to give the characters some time, but you have to use it well and explore their thoughts and feelings. Eve had literally nobody to talk to. V never mentioned the kiss to anybody. It was weird.
In reality, it's understandable why Eve has a lot of reservations before jumping into this relationship. But we are running out of time, being the last season, it's now or never. They should go for it all the way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Good points but at the end of the day this is a tv show, its sole purpose is to entertain us, and stretching this will they won't they thing for seasons is not entertaining anymore. Even if not realistic, they should speed it up it's the last season ffs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The entire premise of the show is based on the cat and mouse chase so the problem came the longer the show went on. Unfortunately the writers tried to cling to that because they thought that's what kept people watching, but it got old fast and the more people you listen to you come to realise that everyone thinks the show works better and is more fun when Eve and Villanelle are together. It would of been perfectly set up for them to go on the run together after the S2 finale if Emerald didn't want the shock factor of V shooting Eve. S3 then had the issue of Eve now holding a grudge against V so it was difficult to authentically bring them back together with Eve actually wanting to spend time with V.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 15:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Now you're deflecting, we were talking about whether Eve had an attraction to V in the bathroom of not. But if you insist, that attraction is shown in every seasoe (like someone just mentioned, the scene of Eve with the toy bear in S3) No matter how many people Eve sleeps with, she is always going to be thinking about Villanelle. It gets boring obviously but one thing you can't deny is that Eve's attraction to V is always present in one way or another.
https://twitter.com/letsturndayglo/stat ... 33920?s=21

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There are so many things that I wish they would talk about... like, Is Eve ever gonna know about V visiting her family and killing her mom? About V getting married? About the postcard that Carolyn took it? Is V ever gonna know about the earpiece? Are they ever gonna talk about the scars? The bus kiss? :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 21:04
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 15:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

https://twitter.com/letsturndayglo/stat ... 33920?s=21
Pretty good thread to settle the debate. Phoebe is seriously the only writer who really gets these characters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 21:42
There are so many things that I wish they would talk about... like, Is Eve ever gonna know about V visiting her family and killing her mom? About V getting married? About the postcard that Carolyn took it? Is V ever gonna know about the earpiece? Are they ever gonna talk about the scars? The bus kiss? :dramaqueen:
I think they will mention the kiss in a funny line, from V probably. Or I hope so :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 22:29
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 21:42
I think they will mention the kiss in a funny line, from V probably. Or I hope so :$
Maybe after they kiss properly V will be like "well that was better than our first" :P

Guest3
Reactions:

Post by Guest3 »

fr tho lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All this talk about Eve being scared of her feelings etc. I get it for the first 2 seasons. And season 2 final episode was the ultimate rejection of her feelings for V (night after they masturbated together lol) but we're now 4 seasons in. Does E really need to keep running away from V when the whole cringy ballroom/bridge scene shows she's tired of running away and has accepted her feelings?!? Like I get the help me make it stop angle BUT THEN SHE TURNS! I honestly can't find an excuse to give them for the 2 of them to separate once again. I'm so tired of this rinse and repeat bullsnit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest3 wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 05:00

fr tho lol
I still can't believe she said that to her face lolll V was so shameless about her horniness for Eve in S1 (and S2 tbf)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 06:18
All this talk about Eve being scared of her feelings etc. I get it for the first 2 seasons. And season 2 final episode was the ultimate rejection of her feelings for V (night after they masturbated together lol) but we're now 4 seasons in. Does E really need to keep running away from V when the whole cringy ballroom/bridge scene shows she's tired of running away and has accepted her feelings?!? Like I get the help me make it stop angle BUT THEN SHE TURNS! I honestly can't find an excuse to give them for the 2 of them to separate once again. I'm so tired of this rinse and repeat bullsnit
I'm definitely sticking with Eve thinking V is dead. Like you said, there's no other reason why they'd separate completely. I don't think season 4 will be about running away from their feelings, but rather running towards them. Theyre on a mission TOGETHER and they share a mutual KISS, clearly they choose each other in the end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The whole “help me make it stop” is yet another rejection from E because E has feelings for V but not enough to go with them.... instead she asks V to fix the problem for her and to make her feelings stop.
If I was V, even if E has turned around , it’s not enough....Its E’s job now to do more to get them both off this hamster wheel of a RS....and unless she backs up the turn around with words......regret, confession, honesty.....regrettably V is the one who needs to walk away from E.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 08:44
Guest wrote:
The whole “help me make it stop” is yet another rejection from E because E has feelings for V but not enough to go with them.... instead she asks V to fix the problem for her and to make her feelings stop.
If I was V, even if E has turned around , it’s not enough....Its E’s job now to do more to get them both off this hamster wheel of a RS....and unless she backs up the turn around with words......regret, confession, honesty.....regrettably V is the one who needs to walk away from E.
Agreed. V has done everything she can, she almost looks exhausted by it all at the end of season 3. It's up to Eve to give their relationship the closure it deserves.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 09:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Agreed. V has done everything she can, she almost looks exhausted by it all at the end of season 3. It's up to Eve to give their relationship the closure it deserves.
It’s interesting how we all project our own shit on to how significant it is that E turns around end of S3, some say that’s it....she loves V, let the rs begin, others not....that V needs/deserves more resolution and it’s time for E to really lay her feelings on the line or they just go down this same road again..
As long as they get there in the end!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA. It's another reason why the writers might just have V turn back around and leave the bridge rather than going with the fake death (though I think that would be more interesting), V is tired and the writers could have her turning for Eve's own good/safety or something. However they come together in S4 it's got to be Eve initiating it, V has been rejected too many times.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 11:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA. It's another reason why the writers might just have V turn back around and leave the bridge rather than going with the fake death (though I think that would be more interesting), V is tired and the writers could have her turning for Eve's own good/safety or something. However they come together in S4 it's got to be Eve initiating it, V has been rejected too many times.
I will never understand how Eve can be so patient when there is a sexy assassin obsessed with her lol . Just go for it guuuuurl .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I will never understand why people got so mad at Jodie for saying that they walk away in that moment. Of course they do, otherwise it makes that entire scene pointless and a waste of time. Maybe they do walk away not knowing if they will see each other again. Maybe V does need more from Eve and if it's ever going to happen it needs to be Eve initiating. Both Jodie and Sandra have said that in turning around they get what they needed to know from each other in that moment. But that also doesn't mean they shouldn't walk away right then and there. Time apart probably makes Eve really go for it in the end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 12:21
I will never understand why people got so mad at Jodie for saying that they walk away in that moment. Of course they do, otherwise it makes that entire scene pointless and a waste of time. Maybe they do walk away not knowing if they will see each other again. Maybe V does need more from Eve and if it's ever going to happen it needs to be Eve initiating. Both Jodie and Sandra have said that in turning around they get what they needed to know from each other in that moment. But that also doesn't mean they shouldn't walk away right then and there. Time apart probably makes Eve really go for it in the end.
x2. I think it's funny that some people think that they will just walk towards each other and runaway together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
They redirect the anger towards her because they thought that was what she wanted for the show in s4 not knowing home girl was spoil us already.

It all comes from the fear to have a s4 with them separately for 2 long, which seems already accepted after all the spoilers. Ironic life

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Missing PWB writing everyday

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 12:41
Guest wrote:
They redirect the anger towards her because they thought that was what she wanted for the show in s4 not knowing home girl was spoil us already.

It all comes from the fear to have a s4 with them separately for 2 long, which seems already accepted after all the spoilers. Ironic life
It was misdirected anger from SH and how bad the rs was portrayed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I will never understand why poeple are mad at Eve for taking time to accept whatever is going on with her and Villanelle. V is a psychopathic assassin who killed her best friend, if anything Eve is doing pretty well at handling all of it, she shouldn't be blamed for doing what anyone would (for the most part).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I do wish all these writers weren't so obsessed with manufacturing drama to keep them apart. What's wrong with them being murder wives and wreaking havoc together. Not only would it be very hot but they are comedy gold when together too. Nobody would be disappointed with that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 13:35
I do wish all these writers weren't so obsessed with manufacturing drama to keep them apart. What's wrong with them being murder wives and wreaking havoc together. Not only would it be very hot but they are comedy gold when together too. Nobody would be disappointed with that.
True but they've made it that their relationship is way too complex for it to be that easy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 13:34
I will never understand why poeple are mad at Eve for taking time to accept whatever is going on with her and Villanelle. V is a psychopathic assassin who killed her best friend, if anything Eve is doing pretty well at handling all of it, she shouldn't be blamed for doing what anyone would (for the most part).
"Yeah but she's hoooot" is how their brains work.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
How does it make it pointless? Eve was asking for help to get Villanelle out of her life. But they both turned around which means they don't want that to happen. So what they do next is find a way to deal with it. Walking away is what makes it pointless because then what? They go back to zero and wait for another dangerous situation to put them back together even though they know they want to be around each other?

I think the problem here is that scene was ridiculous and nonsensical in the first place and at the end of the day Suzanne just wanted to write a dramatic moment for the finale. There's no good option here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 14:19
Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 13:34
"Yeah but she's hoooot" is how their brains work.
It's truly embarrassing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 14:26
Guest wrote:
How does it make it pointless? Eve was asking for help to get Villanelle out of her life. But they both turned around which means they don't want that to happen. So what they do next is find a way to deal with it. Walking away is what makes it pointless because then what? They go back to zero and wait for another dangerous situation to put them back together even though they know they want to be around each other?

I think the problem here is that scene was ridiculous and nonsensical in the first place and at the end of the day Suzanne just wanted to write a dramatic moment for the finale. There's no good option here.
DA. It's not that simple, you're forgetting that there are other things involved and they can't just be in each other's lives like that. The 12/Helene will keep an eye on V not matter what and as long as this happens, Eve will be in danger. That's why I think they walk away but of course they'll be longing for each other. But something definitely will happen and they'll realize that the only way they can be together is by taking down the 12.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 14:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA. It's not that simple, you're forgetting that there are other things involved and they can't just be in each other's lives like that. The 12/Helene will keep an eye on V not matter what and as long as this happens, Eve will be in danger. That's why I think they walk away but of course they'll be longing for each other. But something definitely will happen and they'll realize that the only way they can be together is by taking down the 12.
I know that S3 writing was horrendous and they made Eve magically be sympathetic towards Villanelle even though she had no idea what she was going through but she doesn't know that the 12 is pissed at Villanelle. The last she heard from Dasha is that they were very happy with her. She doesn't know she killed Rhian and walked away from them and now Helene will probably come for her.

That beats walking away in that moment because they have to sit down and make a plan for their own survival. Maybe be in contact with each other from a distance or not. But that's not what Jodie meant in her answer which is why people thought it was weird. And "turning around and running away together" isn't the only alternative option to that answer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 14:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I know that S3 writing was horrendous and they made Eve magically be sympathetic towards Villanelle even though she had no idea what she was going through but she doesn't know that the 12 is pissed at Villanelle. The last she heard from Dasha is that they were very happy with her. She doesn't know she killed Rhian and walked away from them and now Helene will probably come for her.

That beats walking away in that moment because they have to sit down and make a plan for their own survival. Maybe be in contact with each other from a distance or not. But that's not what Jodie meant in her answer which is why people thought it was weird. And "turning around and running away together" isn't the only alternative option to that answer.
Eve has no idea but the decision to walk away and never look back was made by Villanelle. She knows that the 12 and Helene will be after her and that Eve would be in danger. That was her way of protecting Eve and help her to "make it stop", which caught Eve by surprise because that's not what she had in mind for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 14:55
Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 14:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Eve has no idea but the decision to walk away and never look back was made by Villanelle. She knows that the 12 and Helene will be after her and that Eve would be in danger. That was her way of protecting Eve and help her to "make it stop", which caught Eve by surprise because that's not what she had in mind for sure.
You're romanticizing this and yet none of this matters because Villanelle turned around too. If she really wanted to protect Eve, she would leave her alone.

It's really just much easier to accept that that was a stupid scene to begin with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder how promo for s4 is gonna work... like are they even going to have a premiere?