BBC America's Killing Eve - Part II

bluejeans
Reactions: 5

BBC America's Killing Eve - Part II

Post by bluejeans »

"Based on Luke Jennings' Villanelle novella series, Oh will play the titled character, a bored, whip-smart, pay-grade security services operative whose desk-bound job doesn't fulfill her fantasies of being a spy. At the same time, Eve is pursued by Villanelle (uncast), an elegant, talented killer who clings to the luxuries her violent job affords her.

Sarah Barnett, president of BBC America, calls the upcoming show "a brilliantly fresh take on the cat and mouse thriller". Underneath the deceptively simple and entertaining surface is a subversive, funny, obsessive relationship between two women, that plays out across some of the most and least glamorous locations imaginable.

https://www.themarysue.com/sandra-oh-killing-eve/

From Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Post Finale Articles:
Contact Emails:
Fundraising:

RULES

1. No stan baiting. This goes for the characters and the actresses.
2. Do not pit the actresses against each other.
3. Do not openly bash anyone from the cast or crew.
4. Be respectful to one another.
5. Avoid bringing unnecessary Twitter/Tumblr drama to the thread.
6. No links to full episodes/where to stream. Supercut videos are fine but please be mindful of the links you're clicking on here.
7. Do not discuss their sexualities and private lives.

Quoting or replying to anyone breaking these rules in any way may lead to banning.

First thread

Reactions:

Re: BBC America's Killing Eve - Part II

Post by Guest »

"Satisfying for the audience but truthful for the characters"

I wonder if those 2 goes together :hmmm:

Funny reading all magazines ever posted about Killing Eve since S3 ended and all these interviews. "We leave them on the bridge", "Fans were heartbroken as Villanelle and Eve decided to walk away on that bridge", the RS is always the central plot, which also defines these characters and their evolution in a massive way.

Imagine if those bloody writers would bother to pick up one of those mags or check in with fans who watch their show, to find out why people are actually watching it for... then maybe they'd cut down on all these side-characters, turning Carolyn into some mega arc and all this Killing Eve self-sabotaging madness

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Best part of that interview was Jodie admitting to the KE quality going to shits, "The quality fades" Hahahahahahahahahahhahaha! Thank you Jodie

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can't quote form the old thread but I really liked this post below and I fully agree. They designed the show a certain way together with music added and marketing. The desire and longing between these two characters was key at least all through S1 & S2. If they're not gonna follow up on that and take a completely alien road for this last season then it will fully TANK. It will be the final nail in the coffin. Part of me is nervous whenever Sandra and Jodie say it is important for the audience to be satisfied because there seem to be very little to be satisfied about up until this point in S4.

"I don’t get this point someone here is trying to make: what the fans want is wrong? I don’t think so. The fans believe in this relationship because the people behind the show designed it to be this way. They put in the desire and the longing.
Then the crazy circumstances and impossibility of it makes the whole drama. It’s very simple. And definitely it’s not wrong."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

First one in the thread to say

Villaneve sex when? :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 14:41
Can't quote form the old thread but I really liked this post below and I fully agree. They designed the show a certain way together with music added and marketing. The desire and longing between these two characters was key at least all through S1 & S2. If they're not gonna follow up on that and take a completely alien road for this last season then it will fully TANK. It will be the final nail in the coffin. Part of me is nervous whenever Sandra and Jodie say it is important for the audience to be satisfied because there seem to be very little to be satisfied about up until this point in S4.

"I don’t get this point someone here is trying to make: what the fans want is wrong? I don’t think so. The fans believe in this relationship because the people behind the show designed it to be this way. They put in the desire and the longing.
Then the crazy circumstances and impossibility of it makes the whole drama. It’s very simple. And definitely it’s not wrong."
The problem is everyone wants something different so how could they possibly satisfy the audience? Lchat is more realistic but just go to twitter and see what they want to be satisfied lol then there are the straight audience members who still don’t see villaneve as romantic despite 3 seasons and a show that refuses to go there for some reason.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:sadangel: why can't we quote from the previous board I wanted to steal some good memes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 15:03
First one in the thread to say

Villaneve sex when? :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The problem is everyone wants something different so how could they possibly satisfy the audience? Lchat is more realistic but just go to twitter and see what they want to be satisfied lol then there are the straight audience members who still don’t see villaneve as romantic despite 3 seasons and a show that refuses to go there for some reason.
I don't care about the soccer moms or the rest of the clueless, I care about the truth of the show and the consensus of what they are packaging as Killing Eve. What they are selling through all PR and promo they do and what they send to media and whats get picked up. That part does in fact indicate it is about a relationship of romantic nature between two women. If they don't intend to make it about that then they are misleading af.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jodie said satisfaction for the audience in this interview also. Sandra said it in hers and she winked and grinned

We are getting at least 1 romantic scene!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Their romantic scenes are gonna be cringe. Season 3 showed that it's possible to ruined it. Idk how those writers did it.

I feel like Jodie and Sandra got those sparks early on, but the more scenes they had, the less chemistry there was...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 17:12
Their romantic scenes are gonna be cringe. Season 3 showed that it's possible to ruined it. Idk how those writers did it.

I feel like Jodie and Sandra got those sparks early on, but the more scenes they had, the less chemistry there was...
Controversial anonnn sort of agree
I hated their Convo in the dance scene and all but I'm gonna blame the script.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 16:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't care about the soccer moms or the rest of the clueless, I care about the truth of the show and the consensus of what they are packaging as Killing Eve. What they are selling through all PR and promo they do and what they send to media and whats get picked up. That part does in fact indicate it is about a relationship of romantic nature between two women. If they don't intend to make it about that then they are misleading af.
We've given that production team enough benefit of the doubt. All those leading advertising and interviews... it's crossed the line into queerbaiting. Just my two cents worth. :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They still have the chemistry. It doesn't simply go away.
The dialogues were weird/bad in the ballroom and the bridge scenes. They can only work with what they get, it's too bad the writers leaned too much on the actors and their x-factor alone. Same with the bus scene, which had no dialogue at all.
S and J shine the most when they are actually given good material.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

villaneve sex scene when :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wanted to quote these posts form the old thread
S2 was well received by the critics, not as much as S1, but got the most nominations for KE ever, gave JC the chance to win an Emmy and had +87% ratings gain. S2 did well.
S3 is considered shite, by the fandom the general audience and the critics.
it got the emmy noms because the show hadn’t yet become big in season 1 so it got ignored, i don’t see the emmy noms as season 2 being better but as more people watching and nominating it after it became bigger
Da/ x2 that's actually true. Most saw it that way. It was late recognition, because the show really started to be big when the season was over. That was also a year when Fleabag won everything and there was massive pwb bandwagon in the industry.
Of course, s2 was basking in s1 glory but it was good enough to maintain the hype through and through. Just think about it: if S1 was followed by S3, the hype would have died down pretty quickly. There are so many shows that lose their glory faster than they get it.
Luckily KE had done a pretty solid job with s1 and s2, that it got a pass with s3.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 17:48
The dialogues were weird/bad in the ballroom and the bridge scenes. They can only work with what they get, it's too bad the writers leaned too much on the actors and their x-factor alone. Same with the bus scene, which had no dialogue at all.
x2. Bridge scene was one of the worst writing i've seen on the show, some fanfic writers could easily do better than whatever that was. Just pure cringe that I even struggle to watch it to this day. We can only hope it's Suzanne's doing and not Laura but still, what can you do when less than mediocre writers have taken over. <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 18:21
Guest wrote:
x2. Bridge scene was one of the worst writing i've seen on the show, some fanfic writers could easily do better than whatever that was. Just pure cringe that I even struggle to watch it to this day. We can only hope it's Suzanne's doing and not Laura but still, what can you do when less than mediocre writers have taken over. <_<
are any of these writers lesbian or bisexual IRL? u have to "get" the nuances of a lesbian (or lesbian-erotic) relationship before trying to portray that on paper or on the set.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 18:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
are any of these writers lesbian or bisexual IRL? u have to "get" the nuances of a lesbian (or lesbian-erotic) relationship before trying to portray that on paper or on the set.
I know at least 2 of them are lesbians. I don't know about the others.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 18:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I know at least 2 of them are lesbians. I don't know about the others.
then it's on the production team who should be open to the writers' (and audience's) ideas. it seems any fan fic author could do better with the script material from Season 3.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
None of the showrunners have been gay (not sure about Laura) but in this current writers room half are gay women.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 18:16
Wanted to quote these posts form the old thread
S2 was well received by the critics, not as much as S1, but got the most nominations for KE ever, gave JC the chance to win an Emmy and had +87% ratings gain. S2 did well.
S3 is considered shite, by the fandom the general audience and the critics.
it got the emmy noms because the show hadn’t yet become big in season 1 so it got ignored, i don’t see the emmy noms as season 2 being better but as more people watching and nominating it after it became bigger
Da/ x2 that's actually true. Most saw it that way. It was late recognition, because the show really started to be big when the season was over. That was also a year when Fleabag won everything and there was massive pwb bandwagon in the industry.
Of course, s2 was basking in s1 glory but it was good enough to maintain the hype through and through. Just think about it: if S1 was followed by S3, the hype would have died down pretty quickly. There are so many shows that lose their glory faster than they get it.
Luckily KE had done a pretty solid job with s1 and s2, that it got a pass with s3.
hmm, I actually think KE fall from grace happed pretty fast, because I see s.2 as part of that negative trend.

But I guess at this point it is what it is, and we can only hope that s.4 will give the show some quality ending. Those fantastic actors deserve this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know what y'all are doing here if you think the show is trash after s1. Aren't you bored?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

that's why i'm so worried about their scenes in season 4. if they're gonna continue being like the s3 scenes it's gonna be so underwhelming even if we get intimate scenes. Jodie and Sandra are incredible but their chemistry suffers when writers write them like that. With Laura writing for both seasons i don't have much hope it'll change.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA x3 to all of this. I would add that shitty song as well, completely out of place in the show. I’d thought I’d changed channels and was watching some 00s CW dross it was that bad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 19:47
Guest wrote:

that's why i'm so worried about their scenes in season 4. if they're gonna continue being like the s3 scenes it's gonna be so underwhelming even if we get intimate scenes. Jodie and Sandra are incredible but their chemistry suffers when writers write them like that. With Laura writing for both seasons i don't have much hope it'll change.
Wait, the writer for season 4 is the same as season 3? I thought that Laura was supposed to be good? :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 21:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Wait, the writer for season 4 is the same as season 3? I thought that Laura was supposed to be good? :dramaqueen:
Laura neal wrote some episodes including the finale with suzanne that included the bridge scene some of us hate :rageblush: she also wrote the bus scene which IMO was the last scene of theirs that actually felt like villaneve (even if i hated the kiss). Hard to guess how it’s gonna go for s4

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 22:10
Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 21:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Laura neal wrote some episodes including the finale with suzanne that included the bridge scene some of us hate :rageblush: she also wrote the bus scene which IMO was the last scene of theirs that actually felt like villaneve (even if i hated the kiss). Hard to guess how it’s gonna go for s4
DA Laura was fine in 3x03 but she also wrote those ridiculous 'monster' lines in 3x07 and 3x08 so I'm definitely not trusting her yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 17:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

We've given that production team enough benefit of the doubt. All those leading advertising and interviews... it's crossed the line into queerbaiting. Just my two cents worth. :rageblush:
They will never admit it's queerbaiting, because it technically isn't. What they did with VILLANELLE is basically the opposite of queerbaiting.
Season 1 - generally speaking, she blatantly displays sexual interest in Eve since ep 1
- Konstantin catches her in the aftermath of a threesome with a man and a WOMAN
- She kisses and it's implied she has sex with a female tourist in Berlin
- it's clearly stated that she had a romantic, albeit conflictual, relationship with Nadia
- in prison, she hits on female guards only
- she had a relationship with her female teacher
- in the last episode, she admits that she masturbates thinking of Eve and she's ready to have sex with her then and there

Season 2 - it's clearly stated she has a threesome with two women
- she blatantly hits on Eve, she subtly invades her personal space, even telling her she's the only one that makes her feel 'things'
- she masturbates knowing that Eve is listening to her through the microphone
- she tries to kiss Eve and to persuade her into running with her to Alaska

Season 3 - she marries a woman
- ogles random women

Now if we look at how they portrayed V's sexuality through the seasons, nobody could accuse them of queerbaiting, because one of the two main characters is a bisexual woman with a preference for women who lives her sexuality without shame. They're not teasing, they're not impliying, they're not displaying her interest in women only to say to fans "You don't understand the character, it's not like you think".

What I find perplexing is that they apparently don't want her to go down that road with Eve. And they're allowed to do that of course, but they should have taken that road since s1, making their relationship a rivalry with mutual obsession just to evolve it, one season at time, into hate followed by mutual self-destruction, or trust and reluctant allyship (in case they decided that Villaneve should bring the 12 down). Now, just like somebody said above, it looks like that they are teasing the audience with a possible romantic development because they know that part of the viewers expect that (I've seen people who don't ship them/critics who have no interest in them as a couple believing that they will end in bed), and they don't want to lose them.

And if/when the show will end without having developed Villaneve's relationship in a romantic direction the producers can always say the usual shit "It's complicated, their relationship goes beyond love and lust, you misunderstood what we wanted to do and blah, blah, blah, we didn't queerbaited the audience because Villanelle is bisexual". The end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 22:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They will never admit it's queerbaiting, because it technically isn't. What they did with VILLANELLE is basically the opposite of queerbaiting.
Season 1 - generally speaking, she blatantly displays sexual interest in Eve since ep 1
- it's clearly stated that she had a romantic, albeit conflictual, relationship with Nadia
- in the last episode, she admits that she masturbates thinking of Eve and she's ready to have sex with her then and there

- she blatantly hits on Eve, she subtly invades her personal space, even telling her she's the only one that makes her feel 'things'

- ogles random women

Now if we look at how they portrayed V's sexuality through the seasons, nobody could accuse them of queerbaiting, because one of the two main characters is a bisexual woman with a preference for women who lives her sexuality without shame. They're not teasing, they're not impliying, they're not displaying her interest in women only to say to fans "You don't understand the character, it's not like you think".

What I find perplexing is that they apparently don't want her to go down that road with Eve. And they're allowed to do that of course, but they should have taken that road since s1, making their relationship a rivalry with mutual obsession just to evolve it, one season at time, into hate followed by mutual self-destruction, or trust and reluctant allyship (in case they decided that Villaneve should bring the 12 down). Now, just like somebody said above, it looks like that they are teasing the audience with a possible romantic development because they know that part of the viewers expect that (I've seen people who don't ship them/critics who have no interest in them as a couple believing that they will end in bed), and they don't want to lose them.

And if/when the show will end without having developed Villaneve's relationship in a romantic direction the producers can always say the usual shit "It's complicated, their relationship goes beyond love and lust, you misunderstood what we wanted to do and blah, blah, blah, we didn't queerbaited the audience because Villanelle is bisexual". The end.
You just took us to church!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

- ogles random women

X2. This is almost like gas-lighting, trying to trick us into thinking we made it up and we're all insane. Sid Gentle, all media channels, tabloids, all guilty as charged. if you check the interviews they do and the clips they use while doing promo right now, and the video clip all tabloids use, It's the fucking bridge scene !!! "Fans got their hearts broken when they decided to walk away from each later last season"

Then you compare this romantic teasing to what the imbecile writers team seem to be writing for Season 4 and you end up in another storyline solar system. If they will put 10% focus on this RS next season, 1-2 episodes worth of content they are out of line big time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

- ogles random women

Interesting thoughts. Yes, I meant "queerbaiting" in the context of their relationship together. What they did with Villanelle and her sexuality is awesome... though it would've been nicer to see how both V's and Eve's sexual identities developed in tandom together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'd find it extremely unfair if they dangled the idea of romance and then quickly took it away from us. Like where does their chemistry go? Into a friendship? How boring. To me that would be dismissing the whole purpose of what these two characters have built together. They've opened all possibilities for romance. They should continue in that direction, otherwise, what's the point?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://mobile.twitter.com/EnosAniretak ... _&ref_url=
Jodie filmimg Killing Eve in Margate last week

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 00:32
I'd find it extremely unfair if they dangled the idea of romance and then quickly took it away from us. Like where does their chemistry go? Into a friendship? How boring. To me that would be dismissing the whole purpose of what these two characters have built together. They've opened all possibilities for romance. They should continue in that direction, otherwise, what's the point?
romance is certainly the direction of the books. I say to hell with romance, I love the idea of 2 psychopaths in a toxic erotic mindgame driving each other insane and over the edge in the end. I guess the show can't fully go there due to AMC restrictions

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Yep. they committed a Criminal act by doing so. Can you imagine doing the opposite, taking straight characters and couples turning them gay and have gay romances out of nowhere. people would riot the streets!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I don't know if they really had the intention to turn their relationship into a romance from the beginning. It all started as an obssession/infatuation for each other, the cat and mouse game with all the chemistry and sexual tension and I think they wanted to keep it like that. And honestly I'd be ok with it BUT everything changed with the way things ended in season 3. There's just no way in hell they can put these 2 together without exploring their romantic/sexual feelings for each other. Otherwise, like you said, it'll be boring. They can't just simply become bffs or something and there's no room anymore for all the chasing and sexual tension.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 09:19
Guest wrote:
I don't know if they really had the intention to turn their relationship into a romance from the beginning. It all started as an obssession/infatuation for each other, the cat and mouse game with all the chemistry and sexual tension and I think they wanted to keep it like that. And honestly I'd be ok with it BUT everything changed with the way things ended in season 3. There's just no way in hell they can put these 2 together without exploring their romantic/sexual feelings for each other. Otherwise, like you said, it'll be boring. They can't just simply become bffs or something and there's no room anymore for all the chasing and sexual tension.
I don't think romance was the road they wanted to take either, especially in S1 but I like the shift of possession to love.

As much as I enjoy watching V seducing and teasing E, it was bound to become something more than just sexual attraction eventually.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 09:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I don't think romance was the road they wanted to take either, especially in S1 but I like the shift of possession to love.

As much as I enjoy watching V seducing and teasing E, it was bound to become something more than just sexual attraction eventually.
Like I said they can avoid to develop a romantic relationship between the two main chracters, they are the writers/producers and they can do what the fuck they want. I'd just like it if they'd do it openly and earnestly (It would even be more interesting) without teasing developments they have no intention to use.

It's like they're saying "Let's balance this thing to keep people interested, misleading them until the last couple of episodes, then it won't matter anymore". Last season, end of the game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
That's the thing: they teased the idea of a relationship, some sort of relationship, we all know it's not gonna be conventional or domestic or "normal". But we were led to believe it was going to be in the charts for these 2 characters, it was going to be a part of the journey.
Now, if they don't explore it, it will be a betrayal to the audience.
And honestly such a waste.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 11:53
Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 09:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Like I said they can avoid to develop a romantic relationship between the two main chracters, they are the writers/producers and they can do what the fuck they want. I'd just like it if they'd do it openly and earnestly (It would even be more interesting) without teasing developments they have no intention to use.

It's like they're saying "Let's balance this thing to keep people interested, misleading them until the last couple of episodes, then it won't matter anymore". Last season, end of the game.
Personally I think it's too late to avoid. They're in too deep to go the opposite direction and the least they could do is go all out and give us everything we want. I mean it's the last season like c'mon have fun with it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It is their own fault talking about producers/writers* and their rinse and repeat, this cyclical seasons made Eve and Villanelle star crossed lovers.

Come on V crushes on women older than her and Eve is obsessed with murders and darkness (1 + 1 = 2).

The worst part is that I think they* believe putting them together is the hardest part to do when in reality it could be the most fun storyline out there, the loving, the fighting, the break-up to assholes ex's, etc.

V and Eve together doesn't mean normalcy/happiness and together forever but the producers think it does and a story like that doesn't sell. Lack of creativity is what it's call.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Will they be filming the last block in Scotland? Block 1 director is there now and she has added all her stories from there to the instagram highlight that's titled "Next Project" Which is referring to KE. Does that mean she's directing block 4?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just hypothetically if there is a sex scene this season, how do you think it'd go? What do you think the lead up would look like etc?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 13:36
It is their own fault talking about producers/writers* and their rinse and repeat, this cyclical seasons made Eve and Villanelle star crossed lovers.

Come on V crushes on women older than her and Eve is obsessed with murders and darkness (1 + 1 = 2).

The worst part is that I think they* believe putting them together is the hardest part to do when in reality it could be the most fun storyline out there, the loving, the fighting, the break-up to assholes ex's, etc.

V and Eve together doesn't mean normalcy/happiness and together forever but the producers think it does and a story like that doesn't sell. Lack of creativity is what it's call.
Feels like fanfic writers who keep 95% of the story "slow burn" because they don't know how to write the characters being together so the story eventually become more about side plots and unnecessary filler

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 16:14
Just hypothetically if there is a sex scene this season, how do you think it'd go? What do you think the lead up would look like etc?
I can never realistically imagine it, I feel like it would be too fanficy and weird

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 15:00
Will they be filming the last block in Scotland? Block 1 director is there now and she has added all her stories from there to the instagram highlight that's titled "Next Project" Which is referring to KE. Does that mean she's directing block 4?
maybe.. we'll have to wait for other crew member's posts to be sure tho. i was hoping for damon thomas to direct the final block :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 17:01
Guest wrote:
maybe.. we'll have to wait for other crew member's posts to be sure tho. i was hoping for damon thomas to direct the final block :unsure:
Yes me too, I know Sally and the actors like him a lot, he's been there since the beginning and he seems to understand Villaneve based on what he said about the bridge scene. I would be really surprised if it's not him who's directing the final block.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Maybe but she also has her vacation after block 1 wrapped in that highlight so I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 17:51
Guest wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 17:01
Guest wrote:
Yes me too, I know Sally and the actors like him a lot, he's been there since the beginning and he seems to understand Villaneve based on what he said about the bridge scene. I would be really surprised if it's not him who's directing the final block.
He was filming a movie in the US this summer, until the end of July. He's probably still busy with post-production on that movie and couldn't make it in time for KE. As we all know every block requires prep time ahead of filming as well. We'll see in the next few days, I guess.